PDA

View Full Version : I pod to computer?????????????

Ink Is My Drink
06-01-2006, 09:52 AM
been wondering for ages if there was anyway to transport songs frm ipod to computer and thought somone on here might know??

TUCO
06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
ever heard of the USB?

Claustrofobic
06-01-2006, 10:03 AM
nope, thats impossible

WU-KILLAH
06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
It is true there is a restriction to transfer music from iPod to computer. There are many freeware you can download which remove that restriction (try versiontracker.com to find some) . I don't know them on PC but Im sure they exist aswell.

born invincible
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
been wondering for ages if there was anyway to transport songs frm ipod to computer and thought somone on here might know??

you can use either a USB for newer generation IPODS or if you have a first generation IPOD like me i use a firewire port...

WotsGoinDown
06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
you cant take music off the iPod to the PC with USB on new generation iPods , is there any way to do it?

born invincible
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
you cant take music off the iPod to the PC with USB on new generation iPods , is there any way to do it?

how do u put music on them then?

WotsGoinDown
06-01-2006, 01:15 PM
USB , but you cant take music off the ipod with USB , you probly need a program aswell as USB.

Ink Is My Drink
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
you cant get music from your i pod onto your computer

you can put music onto your i pod from computer

WotsGoinDown
06-01-2006, 02:46 PM
you cant get music from your i pod onto your computer

you can put music onto your i pod from computer
How can u get music from you ipod to your computer?? i dont kno how to do it.

born invincible
06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
USB , but you cant take music off the ipod with USB , you probly need a program aswell as USB.

thats really weird... i have a ipod (first generation) and the software it came with allows me to add or remove MP3's back and forth from PC to IPOD...

i bought my wife a ipod nano a few weeks back and we are able to do the same...

so im not sure what the deal is for your particular case...

Iron Fist
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
thats really weird... i have a ipod (first generation) and the software it came with allows me to add or remove MP3's back and forth from PC to IPOD...

i bought my wife a ipod nano a few weeks back and we are able to do the same...

so im not sure what the deal is for your particular case...

U use iTunes?

MaShPG
06-01-2006, 06:37 PM
born I think you're confused with what he is asking. Dude is asking if there is a way to take songs that are already on your iPod, and give them to somebody else's computer/transport them to a new computer. For example, I have Liquid Swordz on my iPod and my computer named Bob. Let's say computer Bob blows up, now because I'm a dumbass and didn't protect my files, I only have Liquid Swordz on my iPod. He's asking if I can take that iPod...and put Liquid Swords on a new computer. At least I think that's what he's saying. I hope my examples didn't confuse you...they confused me.

I hope this helps:

Using iTunes
This feature is not supported in iTunes. But, there is a way to do it with a free software tool.

Simply download PodUtil (http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/software/podutil.php) and run it. It will allow you to copy any songs off of your iPod (or all) and it will name the files based on the tags. You can select from a list of presets or create your own naming conventions. It will store the songs in Artist/Album sub-directories if you wish (or even Genre, anything you can come up with.

Imaginary rep me please.

JASPER
06-01-2006, 07:13 PM
You're a sucker for buying an iPod in the first place.

WotsGoinDown
06-02-2006, 06:32 AM
you only get a free trial with podutil , its not free

Ink Is My Drink
06-02-2006, 06:41 AM
born I think you're confused with what he is asking. Dude is asking if there is a way to take songs that are already on your iPod, and give them to somebody else's computer/transport them to a new computer. For example, I have Liquid Swordz on my iPod and my computer named Bob. Let's say computer Bob blows up, now because I'm a dumbass and didn't protect my files, I only have Liquid Swordz on my iPod. He's asking if I can take that iPod...and put Liquid Swords on a new computer. At least I think that's what he's saying. I hope my examples didn't confuse you...they confused me.

I hope this helps:

Using iTunes
This feature is not supported in iTunes. But, there is a way to do it with a free software tool.

Simply download PodUtil (http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/software/podutil.php) and run it. It will allow you to copy any songs off of your iPod (or all) and it will name the files based on the tags. You can select from a list of presets or create your own naming conventions. It will store the songs in Artist/Album sub-directories if you wish (or even Genre, anything you can come up with.

Imaginary rep me please.

yeh thats exactly what i ment (sorry i didnt explain it so well)

ok ill try that podutil thing out

thanks! so heres 400 million imaginary rep! :Y

tancen
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
if you put the songs in the ipod outside itunes, just as files, you can transport them, but then they cant be played on the ipod.

TrueDciple
06-06-2006, 10:53 AM
My friend has a program that cracks the ipod to transfer songs from the ipod to the pc. He was gonna do it with mines but i said no way jose.