PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers

blackwisdom
06-01-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm posting this thread to give recognition all of the volunteers on this site. I do it from the heart and for the love of people, so I don't need an ego stroke. I just want to pat others on the back for their unselfish acts. I want to see who volunteers at their local church, YMCA/YWCA, Big Brother/Big Sister Program, tutor, Meals of Wheels, visit retirement home, read to the children in schools, what ever you do. Lets give a little bit of recognition to each other.

FYI:
I participate in Rites of Passage and tutor.

Hotep

MaShPG
06-01-2006, 08:48 PM
fa sho black, nice thread. Always important to give back to your community. I've done some work at retirement homes, preschools, Habitat For Humanity, give clothes to Salvation Army all the time, buy Street Wise every time I can, buy homeless people sandwiches, participate in canned food drives, just do whatever I can to help everybody and anybody out.

blackwisdom
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Much props to you. If we only did the bare mimimum things can be so much better. I ask everyone to give a little time and/or resources to whatever you see in your community that's assisting others.

Hotep

Strange Fruit
06-02-2006, 04:45 AM
i like this idea.

Hotep to you sir,,,

i've started a small organisation in my school
where we visit AIDS victims, spend days with
orphans of cancer victims,
take them to the movies,,,
in winter we drive around the city giving blankets and
food to the homeless.

and on holidays we work at the hospitals and
Old Age Homes.

not much.
but we do what we can,,,

Bloo
06-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Wow, this thread kinda makes me feel bad cause I haven't done anything like this since I was in junior high.

I need to get back out there and be something to someone

BRONZBODY
06-02-2006, 12:22 PM
i help little kids learn to read..i hate seeing children who cant read or write,it really hurts me. so i do my part,most of the kids i taught are all straight a students now.its a good thing to help out in anyway you can.

Prolifical ENG
06-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Id pat other volunteers on the back for their work.

I used to volunteer for one place then decided not to one year....bastards sold my name and phone number to a bunch of other places asking for volunteers....its all about more money in others hands at the end for your volunteer work.

Im not saying not to volunteer....just beware what you are volunteering for.

Jesus Christ
06-03-2006, 01:24 AM
hey what about me....................

I volunteer my time to help these young bucks get their game up with the

"Official get your game up thread?"

Healing realationships all across the world.

BRONZBODY
06-03-2006, 01:28 AM
hey what about me....................

I volunteer my time to help these young bucks get their game up with the

"Official get your game up thread?"

Healing realationships all across the world.hey we all doin our part in somthing pimpin!!!

WARPATH
06-03-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm gonna volunteer my time to sick kids.

Professor Poopsnagle
06-03-2006, 03:25 AM
im not really volunteering, im just helping amnesty international with some money. i know thats cheap but better than nothing.

Strange Fruit
06-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Id pat other volunteers on the back for their work.

I used to volunteer for one place then decided not to one year....bastards sold my name and phone number to a bunch of other places asking for volunteers....its all about more money in others hands at the end for your volunteer work.

Im not saying not to volunteer....just beware what you are volunteering for.
its difficult you see,
i can never tell who's conning me.
so i help everyone.

just so i can sleep better at night.
those who con, will have it coming to them.
that's
all.