PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day Slavery

Visionz
06-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Here's an excerpt from an article I came across, thought it was definetly KTL material and very relevant to the recent theme of discussions been going on.

Slavery is a booming business and the number of slaves is increasing. People get rich by using slaves. And when they've finished with their slaves, they just throw these people away. This is the new slavery, which focuses on big profits and cheap lives. It is not about owning people in the traditional sense of the old slavery, but about controlling them completely. People become completely disposable tools for making money.

On more than ten occasions I woke early in the morning to find the corpse of a young girl floating in the water by the barge. Nobody bothered to bury the girls. They just threw their bodies in the river to be eaten by the fish.

This was the fate of young girls enslaved as prostitutes in the gold mining towns of the Amazon, explained Antonia Pinto, who worked there as a cook and procurer. While the developed world bemoans the destruction of the rain forests, few people realize that slave labor is used to destroy them. Men are lured to the region by promises of riches in gold dust, and girls as young as eleven are offered jobs in the offices and restaurants that serve the mines. When they arrive in the remote mining areas, the men are locked up and forced to work in the mines; the girls are beaten, raped and put to work as prostitutes. Their "recruitment agents" are paid a small amount for each body, perhaps $150. The "recruits" have become slaves -- not through legal ownership, but through the final authority of violence. The local police act as enforcers to control the slaves. As one young woman explained, "Here the brothel owners send the police to beat us . . . if we flee they go after us, if they find us they kill us, or if they don't kill us they beat us all the way back to the brothel." Here's the link for anyone interested in peeping the full article. And if you do read the aticle please don't sleep on the suggestions for how you can help.

http://www.fatdawg.com/slavery2.html

peace

thelion1856
06-03-2006, 08:58 PM
fuck globalism, fuck religion, fuck corporations. this shit is happening.

Tangaz
06-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Yeah man, shit like this is happening all over the world. Disgusting huh?

blackwisdom
06-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Greed is one of the fastest spreading plagues on humanity. It kills quicker than any dis-ease. Thanks for the post. I've had a couple of briefs on the Trafficking of Persons. It's a horrible thing, mostly women and children. That's why I can't just chill out and laugh like life is a joke.

Hotep

whitey
06-04-2006, 10:21 AM
any system that rewards hoarding money and allowing people that have more of something to get ahead will inspire bad traits. greed, selfishness, agressiveness, heartlessness. they are all needed to get ahead in a capitalist world. because if you are not acting like that, be assured someone else is and they will get ahead. its the system that influences how people act. go study up on your marx kids.

Claustrofobic
06-04-2006, 03:54 PM
No offence but you people remind me of hippies. You're always coming together on these boards talking about the problems in the world and how bad it is and how the whites are evil and other apocolyptic shit and what not, but never seem to do anything else about it. So when ARE you gonna start your revolution, and what DO you wanna change? Like whitey said, you are living in a capatalistic world, and I know cause you have a PC and internet, this is build upon these ways of trading and working, go ahead and change it and see how fucked up shit will REALLY get. Some people have ability's and some don't, some people have greater intelligence than others, to gain more power and thus money....so are you saying you feeling sorry for people that fucked up in school and didnt care about their future so their working for people who DID work hard to earn what they have? People that didnt have the possibity's for proper education and preparation for the capatalistic world because of lack of finance or something, thats another story....

june181972
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
No offence but you people remind me of hippies. You're always coming together on these boards talking about the problems in the world and how bad it is and how the whites are evil and other apocolyptic shit and what not, but never seem to do anything else about it. So when ARE you gonna start your revolution, and what DO you wanna change? Like whitey said, you are living in a capatalistic world, and I know cause you have a PC and internet, this is build upon these ways of trading and working, go ahead and change it and see how fucked up shit will REALLY get. Some people have ability's and some don't, some people have greater intelligence than others, to gain more power and thus money....so are you saying you feeling sorry for people that fucked up in school and didnt care about their future so their working for people who DID work hard to earn what they have? People that didnt have the possibity's for proper education and preparation for the capatalistic world because of lack of finance or something, thats another story....

The revolution will not be televised, commercialized, industrialized, nor computerized.

All these things are controlled by the very ones the "hippies" would be revolting against

Capitalism=Slavery
Or at the very least Capitalism implies Slavery

What would a Benz be if everyone had one?
If a man pays you $1 dollar so he can make $5, is he a square dealer?
The broom stick must go deeper in the collective ass of the masses for the "Revolution" the really jump off