PDA

View Full Version : System of a Down

Tha Double-P
06-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Anyone listen to them? I like their old albums, Toxicity and Steal this album. Mezmerize was alright but Hypnotize was just wack. They used to be way better and i think they should start getting back on track.

9th Warrior
06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
their older stuff was alright, new stuff is straight shit IMO

Tha Double-P
06-03-2006, 05:47 PM
^ totally agreed..like wtf happened??!

trooper
06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
agreed, any of u like iron maiden? theyre fucking siiiick

9th Warrior
06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
yeah man maiden is the rawest

Tha Double-P
06-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Fuck that shit, i thought this thread was called System of a Down, not Iron Maiden...

whitey
06-03-2006, 11:04 PM
the first album was dope.

they went the way of a lot of hard rocking bands it seems. they get softer as they go along.

korn
limp bizkit
rage agasint the machine
metallica

the list goes on.

oDoUoSoKo
06-03-2006, 11:04 PM
toxicity is nice

arto
06-05-2006, 06:41 PM
WHY do people not like the new stuff? seriously??? hypnotize/mesmerize is a fucking masterpiece. why do people say they don't rock as hard? have you guys even heard b.y.o.b? system of a down have improved every album, and all their stuff is solid gold.

Tha Double-P
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Have you listened to ANY of their old stuff?? Well if u havent thats prolly why u think their new stuff is so good.

WallyG
06-06-2006, 08:30 PM
A big SOAD fan here, I dunno what the hate is on Mesmerize but that album is one of the better new releases by them. I cetainly enjoy it more than Hypnotize. Mesmerize is a fuckin classic yo. Toxicity is above our heads, and their first album is as groundbreaking as most sick bands/artists can drop on their debut. SOAD will be around for long, trust me they r the new Kings of Metal. If you like Rage and Korn u'll def. love SOAD.

arto
06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Have you listened to ANY of their old stuff?? Well if u havent thats prolly why u think their new stuff is so good.

dude, i started listening when all they had was the first two discs. i love those albums. just so happens that hypnotize is clearly better!

Tha Double-P
06-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah mezmerize was good, wasnt as good as there old music but ill have to consider it a classic compared to other bands lol..but hypnotize, dont get me started on that shit yo. fuckin shits played out like an osh kosh jumpsuit (yes i took that from da graveyard). jus plain wack, they coulda dun so much better.

arto
06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah mezmerize was good, wasnt as good as there old music but ill have to consider it a classic compared to other bands lol..but hypnotize, dont get me started on that shit yo. fuckin shits played out like an osh kosh jumpsuit (yes i took that from da graveyard). jus plain wack, they coulda dun so much better.

why though? it's awesome. maybe not as heavy as previous efforts, but they really excelled with it. i love the subjects in the songs. they all seem so different from each other, yet mould together so well. the last few songs, maybe minus lonely day (that song is a bit gay) end the album so well. the first verse of attack is one of their most well written too, IMO. classic disc.

Tha Double-P
06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
yeah im just gun have ta disagree wit that man, i wasnt feelin that album AT ALL.

MathMatician
06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
I Sit

In My Desolate Room

No Lights

No Music

Just Anger!

I Killed Everyone

I'm Away Forever

But I'm Feeling Better

How Do I Feel?

What Do I Say?

Fuck You It All Goes Away!

Yooooooo, Their Self Titled Debut Album Is Straight Up Aids; Toxicity Is Just A Sick

~wun

Bedlam
06-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Toxicity is prolly my favorite new rock cd. I can't feel their new stuff as much