06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
If you are dead are you still a person?

LHX
06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
if you are dead
would you want to be a person?

ElusiveFugitive
06-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Interesting question, my personal belief is you continue to be a person in your living actions & memories which you leave as a legacy...Which also implies that you cease to be a person if you are not remembered...

lets get some more input and build on this...

LHX
06-06-2006, 10:05 PM
i guess one would need to define what they mean by 'person'

lets skip the merriam webster shit tho

explain what you imply when you say 'person'

Tangaz
06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
i guess one would need to define what they mean by 'person'

lets skip the merriam webster shit tho

explain what you imply when you say 'person'Yeah. Co-sign. That's a little ambiguous.

da kid toney
06-06-2006, 11:06 PM
soul lives on forever. memory gets lost with every time one get a new body.

denaturat
06-06-2006, 11:10 PM
If you are dead are you still a person?

no

Prince Rai
06-07-2006, 08:39 AM
if i hear person, i imagine the character and attributes of that individual embodied in a physical frame.

dying takes out the physical body, thus the "person" is not to be seen.

1) the only "person" that is left, is what has been rightly said before, the previous memories we have of that "person" and any attributes both physical/mental, that have been left over.

2) in a belief based theory, the person continues to exist outside the body..

3) the ones against the idea of afterlive, would perhaps rather subscribe to point 1) alone.

peace
all imo so what u think?

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Yes You Are. Your Perished Essence Still Exists.

"he Died"

"they Died"

"he Was A Good Man"

You're Still Referring To The Person

whitey
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
You are formally a person. You are no longer a person. Unless you are the little boy from 6th sense you can't see dead people. Once you die you cease living. You become part of the food chain.

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Never Have I Seen So Many Synical Peeps. To Each His Own

LHX
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Never Have I Seen So Many Synical Peeps. To Each His Own

elaborate

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I Think Sometimes Alot Of Ya Outthink Yourselves

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 12:52 PM
And Don't Go And Try To Lecture Me Lol. I'm All For Knowing The Truth But There's Alot Of Truth That Cannot Be Explained Or Found. For People To Think That Their Existance Is Meanlingless And It's A Result Of A Scientifical Accident, I Don't Know How You Live With Yourselves. I Recommend The Book "angels & Demons"; It'll Split Your Wig And Open Your Eyes To New Heights. I Believe Science & Religon Are Connected In More Ways Than You Think.

whitey
06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Just my opinion (althought a lot of scientific evidence points to this) that we are just a purposless, meaningless, cosmic accident. Nothing more. Is that so bad? Why does there have to be more than that?

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 01:02 PM
No Knocking Dude. I Respect Yourz...

whitey
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
O i know same to you, but on the real I was kind of asking. Is it really that bad? Why does there have to be more?

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm Not Saying It's Bad Dunny. I'm Saying It's A Bugged How One Can Accept That He Is An Obsolete Habitant Of This Planet We Call Earth. That What You Say Is Nothing More Than Carbon Dioxide And What You Do Is Nothing More Than Adaptation

whitey
06-07-2006, 01:32 PM
A lot of stuff in life is bugged.

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Touche

abasi
06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
i dont know but i beleive there is more than that
it makes me feel better to believe that we are not a mistake

whitey
06-07-2006, 03:24 PM
i dont know but i beleive there is more than that
it makes me feel better to believe that we are not a mistake

Thats the trip with all of it. A lot of what humans do is a result of emotion. And thats why I ask why there has to be more? Does there really, or do we just want there to be to make us feel like were not insignificant specs in the universe?

MathMatician
06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
The Court Will Disregard Abasi's Comment

*scratches Off Abasi's Response*

whitey
06-07-2006, 03:39 PM
hah

denaturat
06-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes You Are. Your Perished Essence Still Exists.

"he Died"

"they Died"

"he Was A Good Man"

You're Still Referring To The Person

you said your "perished" essence, which is contrary to saying an existing essence. furthermore, what is your essence? is your essence what others say about you? are other people's words your essence?

denaturat
06-07-2006, 06:51 PM
And Don't Go And Try To Lecture Me Lol. I'm All For Knowing The Truth But There's Alot Of Truth That Cannot Be Explained Or Found. For People To Think That Their Existance Is Meanlingless And It's A Result Of A Scientifical Accident, I Don't Know How You Live With Yourselves. I Recommend The Book "angels & Demons"; It'll Split Your Wig And Open Your Eyes To New Heights. I Believe Science & Religon Are Connected In More Ways Than You Think.

deleted

Aqueous Moon
06-07-2006, 07:41 PM

I see where you coming from.

The thing is........ a lot of the Truth is stifled in order to keep everyone politically *opressed (I mean *correct).

Did you notice that "scientists" were once absolutely positive that Blacks were mentally inferior to whites?

Yes....this propagated the politcal agenda at the time.

Do you really think that every thing is on the up and up now?

I don't.

whitey
06-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Do scientists today think blacks are mentally inferior to whites?

Aqueous Moon
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Who cares?.......I sure don't.

But, some of you seem to be very interested in what the "scientist" have to say about things.

Eventhough they are just as susceptible to political and prejudice bias as any other person.

whitey
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
You brought it up. Hah, your reasoning is laughable. You are a brainwashed tool. Hating people is going to get you no where. Its an individual by individual basis.

Aqueous Moon
06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
You brought it up. Hah, your reasoning is laughable. You are a brainwashed tool. Hating people is going to get you no where. Its an individual by individual basis.

What tha???

I said nothing about hating people.

I wasn't even responding to nothing you said.

I didn't even pay attention to what you said!!...... I was talking to MathMatician.

And I was agreeing with him - just in case you didn't notice.

You should stay out of my convos cuz you obviously can't keep up!

whitey
06-07-2006, 09:30 PM
What are you talking about?

You said something about scientist and blacks, then I asked a question about it and you brushed it aside.

And its pretty clear probably half the time your talking on here your spewing hate. All the white hate is the same as black hate.

Aqueous Moon
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
What are you talking about?

You said something about scientist and blacks, then I asked a question about it and you brushed it aside.

And its pretty clear probably half the time your talking on here your spewing hate. All the white hate is the same as black hate.

What I said about what the "scientists" said about Blacks was very clear and to the point.

I said nothing about hating anyone.

Keep up with the convo and stop spamming threads with this off topic bullshit.

Go back to the thread about slaves on slaveships if you wanna get sonned some more.

whitey
06-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Haha you are a joke.

I asked you a question over a comment you had made, and you bullshit your way out of it like you always do with your pathetic retoric.

And you are constantly pissing hate around.

You sonning me? On what? Grow up girl.

Aqueous Moon
06-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Haha you are a joke.

I asked you a question over a comment you had made, and you bullshit your way out of it like you always do with your pathetic retoric.

And you are constantly pissing hate around.

You sonning me? On what? Grow up girl.

Fuck your question. You ain't my master.

I don't have to answer your dumb ass questions.

It was a stupid assed question anyway.

Aqueous Moon
06-07-2006, 11:55 PM

And, you are mistaken here^....I didn't bring up the "scientists" of today.

whitey
06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
And, you are mistaken here^....I didn't bring up the "scientists" of today.

Did you notice that "scientists" were once absolutely positive that Blacks were mentally inferior to whites?

What was I thinking?

Aqueous Moon
06-08-2006, 09:24 AM
yes...good comprehension. I was using past tense.

it's ok, you just got confused.

abasi
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
come on math
isnt it true
that the only reason
people think that
there is more to our exsistence
is that we dont want to feel insignificant

whitey
06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
yes...good comprehension. I was using past tense.

it's ok, you just got confused.

O no i realized. Hence my question about the present, and your deniance of progess.

MathMatician
06-08-2006, 10:58 AM
come on math
isnt it true
that the only reason
people think that
there is more to our exsistence
is that we dont want to feel insignificant

BUT TO SAY GOD EXISTS BECAUSE OF EMOTIONAL TIES DOESN'T CUT IT

Aqueous Moon
06-08-2006, 11:10 AM
O no i realized. Hence my question about the present, and your deniance of progess.

ok...you think that I am denying progress concerning scientists and politics. watever.

personally, I don't regard the above with much respect because they have already lost so much credibility and reliability in my perspective.

And this is why I said...."Who cares? I sure don't"

And then that's when you went psycho.

whitey
06-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Psycho? I'd like to see your defination.

You keep blaming people in the past there will be no progess.

Aqueous Moon
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Psycho? I'd like to see your defination.

You keep blaming people in the past there will be no progess.

What people do in the past directly effects what happens in the future.
Examining the past and critisizing it brings clarity and understanding and progress.

The way you run away from the past tells me a lot about your thought process....and I don't think very highly of it either. The feeling is mutual!

MathMatician
06-08-2006, 12:07 PM
History Always Repeats Itself