PDA

View Full Version : wu the come up

RAMESH
06-09-2006, 04:55 PM
alot of people are talking shit about wu-tang making comercial music(myself included) but when i sit down & think about it, i want the wu-tang to blow up again like they did in 2000 with gravel pit. it feels good to hear the avrage cat in the street talkin about the clan even though comercial rap is not really my cup of tea like still on it & yeah mean but if meth is getting air time & getting paid who the fuck am i to complain & diss him when you got mouths to feed it's a whole different ball game as long as there is 3 or 4 killa tracks on the cd i'm happy. support the clan as long as we keep buying they will keep making

rubyspirit
06-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Gravel Pit didn't sound commercial. Who else has that sound? It was all natural. No crew is able to compete. Seriously, the public is under some wacky spell to buy bullshit.

THE W
06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
i dont want wu-tang blowing up making songs like 'back like that'.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-20-2006, 10:28 PM
^co sign

num2son
06-20-2006, 10:42 PM

More songs like C.R.E.A.M.

rubyspirit
06-20-2006, 10:45 PM

Huh? There's been singers on a lot of Wu tunes. Usually females, but still.

As long as it not a wack loop (Diddy shit). I thought Back Like That was OK.

Is Meth singing on Ashanti's song commercial? If so, we don't have the same understanding of commercial.

It seems if Wu was to get back on top of the game, they would appear "commercial" although it might be innovation.

Orion Nebulus
06-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I just want some raw and grimey wutang beats.

THE W
06-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Huh? There's been singers on a lot of Wu tunes. Usually females, but still.

As long as it not a wack loop (Diddy shit). I thought Back Like That was OK.

Is Meth singing on Ashanti's song commercial? If so, we don't have the same understanding of commercial.

It seems if Wu was to get back on top of the game, they would appear "commercial" although it might be innovation.
i dont know what this mini rant was about but 'back like that' was doodoo. a lame conformist attempt at a hit.

Orion Nebulus
06-20-2006, 11:01 PM
That song was complete garbage.....and I thought "never be the same again" was bad.

rubyspirit
06-21-2006, 12:35 AM
i dont know what this mini rant was about but 'back like that' was doodoo. a lame conformist attempt at a hit.

Its not a rant. Just an opinion that differs.

You didn't answer the question. Was Meth commercial on Ashanti's song?

Can the Wu be innovative without being commerical?

ShaolinDarts
06-21-2006, 04:45 AM
alot of people are talking shit about wu-tang making comercial music(myself included) but when i sit down & think about it, i want the wu-tang to blow up again like they did in 2000 with gravel pit. it feels good to hear the avrage cat in the street talkin about the clan even though comercial rap is not really my cup of tea like still on it & yeah mean but if meth is getting air time & getting paid who the fuck am i to complain & diss him when you got mouths to feed it's a whole different ball game as long as there is 3 or 4 killa tracks on the cd i'm happy. support the clan as long as we keep buying they will keep making

No disrespect but thats a load of bullshit. The assumptions of commercial music, your idea of what gravelpit is about and the fact that you think commercial equal talking in the street are all just plain and utter bullshit.

THE W
06-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Its not a rant. Just an opinion that differs.

You didn't answer the question. Was Meth commercial on Ashanti's song?

Can the Wu be innovative without being commerical? i never heard the song so i couldnt tell ya.

a "commercial song" is a song that is made for the purpose of mass appeal. it does not automatically mean "wack song".

TAURO
06-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I prefer the raw wu sound but I have to admit, when gravel pit hit the charts overhere it was nice to be able to talk about wu to the general public and people actually knowing who the fuck I was talking about.

na diel
06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I love Wu ..
I've grown familiar with that type of music and it's the only shit I buy

WotsGoinDown
06-21-2006, 02:53 PM
I likes gravel pit , i don't know why people hate on it , it was also released to get wu-tang back on top , and it did that at the time.

RAMESH
06-23-2006, 01:43 PM
No disrespect but thats a load of bullshit. The assumptions of commercial music, your idea of what gravelpit is about and the fact that you think commercial equal talking in the street are all just plain and utter bullshit. i think

wadeDyNaMiTe (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=501) answers the question for you son

ShaolinDarts
06-23-2006, 04:22 PM
i think

wadeDyNaMiTe (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=501) answers the question for you son

Funny cuz I never asked a question.

RAMESH
07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Funny cuz I never asked a question. what wadedynamyte says is a "commercial song" is a song that is made for the purpose of mass appeal. it does not automatically mean "wack song". in your post you make a sound like that i was dissing the clan by saying that they make some commercial music like gravel pit when in actual fact i was saying that songs like gravel pit can be enjoyed by more people than a track like severe punishment. i love the clan & will never say anything to diss them because in my opinion they make the best music weather it be comercial or underground they got the rap game locked like all of us at wu-tang corp already know & i'm not targeting you i think we just had a misunderstanding because even with gravel pits comercial apeal i love the track i love most of the music coming out of the clan even from the affiliates i love those guys even the mc's that left the clan i still listen to their stuff because i think they really good, the best.

RAMESH
07-08-2006, 02:26 PM
it's an exciting time right now with ghostface fishscale doing well & raekwon is going to drop his cuban linx 2 i'm a bit scepticle about busta & dre's involvement with the project but i hope i'm wrong & the cd blows up.i loved the 1st cuban linx so did all of us,still it's a big statement cuban linx 2 also we got meth my favourite mc droping his new cd in a few days i really hope that def jam can just step back & let meth do his thing, i'm sure it's going to be great i'm definetly buying me a copy we also got the masta & rza droping cd's later on this year i've been waiting so long for the wu-tang to take the crown back i know they going to do it this time round because the wu-tang have never sounded better through the years they have masterd their skills. i hear alot of people saying that that wu-tang is finnished but i disagree i think it's up to us to hold the wu-tang flag up & support the clan we should spread the word of the clan & show the world what we've been knowing for more than a decade that wu-tang is the best.