PDA

View Full Version : FAT JOE....has to be one of the lamest dudes in rap now

tical2000
06-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Yo, the more I watch FAT JOE the more I wonder how the dude who used to rap with DITC and BIG PUN could be the same dude who now does songs with NELLY, ASHANTI, J-LO, JA RULE, LIL JOHN, etc. It seems like this dude will do anything to stay on top 40 pop radio now.........there is no bubblegum song, or shameless jingle he will not do, if it keeps him on TRL. To be honest, I think he has to be one of the lamest dudes in rap over the last 3-4 years.

thoughts?

Microphone Fiend
06-08-2005, 10:42 PM
He's fallen off since the Don Cartagena and DITC days.

tical2000
06-08-2005, 10:48 PM
On FAT JOE's new album he is hard one minute, and the next he is as bubblegum as bubblegum can be..........shit sounds so forced to, like that new FAT JOE/NELLY collabo is so manufactured for the radio, it comes off as garbage......much like his album.

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
06-08-2005, 10:59 PM
i saw fat joe talkng about nelly and saying shit like how much good nelly is doing for hip-hop and how we need more cats like nelly. i wanted to vomit.

i was kinda impressed by 'my 44' but fat joe is pretty wack

G.O.D.FA.T.H.A.
06-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Fat Joe will punch you if you talk about him like that. Wait until I talk to him tommorow. He is going to kick your ass THOMAS.

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
06-08-2005, 11:09 PM
ok

the messiah
06-09-2005, 12:25 AM
you have to remeber, tha golden age of hip hop is dead. now all tha big corps want it is club bangers and pop shit cuz it sells. It seems to me that the majority of people listen to tha beats and not tha dude behind tha mic. the real mc is a dieing breed which makes me think what will hip hop be like in 5-10 years... man shits sucks

U-Samurai
06-09-2005, 02:15 AM
my thoughts exactly...

KevLar
06-09-2005, 02:57 AM
he's hungry
....lol

Rebel_INS
06-09-2005, 03:13 AM
you have to remeber, tha golden age of hip hop is dead. now all tha big corps want it is club bangers and pop shit cuz it sells. It seems to me that the majority of people listen to tha beats and not tha dude behind tha mic. the real mc is a dieing breed which makes me think what will hip hop be like in 5-10 years... man shits sucks
Shit man I cant agree with more at all. All my friends who mostly like mainstream, you know radio shit. There like this song is hella tight. The beat is off the hook. Theres the fact right there, and the chorus, thats all they know, they dont know the lyrics on the verses, only on the chorus, you hear any mainstream fan all they sing is the chorus or rap the chorus never the verses. WaCkNeSs

FlamingSwordz
06-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Bah, I feel the same. I still listen to old Fat Joe shit from Jealous One's Envy and Represent, ill stuff, but now I also feel the need to vomit when I hear "Lean Back" coming from peoples cars.

PolitiC
06-09-2005, 07:11 AM
yeah i love his old shit the new shit?love songs&crap

LikwidSwordz
06-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I know man for real.......MC's nowadays have no balance, its either ALL pop or ALL club music, OR ALL whatever. They have no balance its sick. ALL hot beats and no lyrics is what i think it is. And i dont even like half of the "hot" beats cuz im into that "horrorcore" kinda grimey beats and stuff. But......eh it sucks, jus give me a simple beat with some dude spittin fire and i'll be fine with that.

P.E.A.C.E.

Funk_Dock
06-09-2005, 10:14 AM
just another rapper who turned to the dark side.....

pablobaluba
06-09-2005, 10:46 AM
yeah. he had some great songs in the past....and now he is ....a pop musician

jR_killa
06-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Man after Pun died he ripped his style major, I didn't even like Pun that much, he was way too over-rated. But back to Fat Joe, it's obvious he's in it for the money, he did that hard shit, got respect, some street credibility, now he wants to get payed. Hell I don't blame him, hip hop is so corny now, and everyone is making millions off it, why not him? Leave the real shit to Wu-Tang. Forever and a day brah.

Peace

tical2000
06-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Man after Pun died he ripped his style major, I didn't even like Pun that much, he was way too over-rated. But back to Fat Joe, it's obvious he's in it for the money, he did that hard shit, got respect, some street credibility, now he wants to get payed. Hell I don't blame him, hip hop is so corny now, and everyone is making millions off it, why not him? Leave the real shit to Wu-Tang. Forever and a day brah.

Peace
BIG PUN OVERATED???.......get the fuck out of here.......FAT JOE does not have 1/10 the skill PUN had on the mic

Hayabusa
06-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I've never been a fan of Fat Hoe I liked Pun but i didn't like non of the other mutafuckas he rolled wit.

MefMan36
06-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I dont like him anymore either, but let him do his thing. We are Wu Fans and dont realizee that Cash rules everything around us (lol) anyone of us posting here would sell out for the money. Shit Id make an album with britney spears if it meant I would make a couple mil or even a couple thousand. I would join the Backstreet boys right now. Bottom line is most of us are poor and if ur like me, ur really poor and u need money. SO If i got to the top I would try and make as much money as possible and thats it.

check two
06-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Flaming Swordz, don't front. You know that you do that 'Lean Back' dance whenever you get the chance to. lol

staycreepin_n_silence
06-09-2005, 10:59 PM
I just think he is doing what he feel is fun he's having fun. I on the other hand never been a big fan of Joe just pun

Hayabusa
06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
U damn right MefMan. I do realize Cash Rules Everything Around Me. I don't hate one Joe I just an't a fan.

MefMan36
06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah, u dont have to buy it. But let the man make some paper off the stupid people who buy it and enjoy it, lol

AK Spray
06-10-2005, 02:35 AM
I like "The Incredible".. that's it really... "So Much More" is aight... just got a great beat.

Welshkillabee
06-10-2005, 04:57 AM
Cos hes lost sight of what hiphop is all about

Hes all about his $$$$$$$ thats why he makes shit songs with said artists

mn2683
06-10-2005, 10:51 AM
to me the only good fat joe song is flow joe

100pr00f
06-10-2005, 11:14 AM
i never did like him

PDTantisocial
06-11-2005, 04:40 AM
I saw tha So Much More/Safe 2 Say shit and was like 'Joe's back' I heard Get It Poppin' and I said 'Joe's back [to We Thuggin']' Fuckin' bullshit, that sounds exactly like that We Thuggin' shit, fuck Joe. I was gonna buy his album, but I can't do it now, second I pick it up I'll start to think 'I'ma get get get it poppin' and drop it right out of my hands.

My 1st Timbs
06-11-2005, 09:04 AM
u gotta flow joe ! those were the days....

PolitiC
06-11-2005, 09:07 AM
yall saw him wining on xxl how he cant sell records

Ronin
06-11-2005, 09:13 AM
everyone falls off if enough money is offered

i diddnt see u pale bitches crying when ghost rapped on a girl pop group called the 411 song over here

money corrupts everything beeeeetches

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
06-11-2005, 11:55 AM
soon commercial will die i have forseen it ...............

underground will prosper from the rails

tical2000
06-11-2005, 03:07 PM
yall saw him wining on xxl how he cant sell records
I think it is hilarious that FAT JOE has stooped to releasing bubblegum singles every time out......and his records still do not move that many units.........haha FUCK HIM

SG
12-02-2007, 12:28 PM
IYOsklRR9yA

It was this song that really motivated(brought into existence) "best of both Worlds"

Fat Joe has influenced a lot of artist indirectly and some directly.

In Fat Joe's early years, DJ Red Alert was his supporter and as of today its DJ Khaled.

To make it real clear, if Cameron can be in the business and continue to rap at his same level and barely collaborate with others, and not complain of money

Fat Joe is building a career

Fat Joe face is on the HipHop Declaration of Peace

http://kamelia.blogg.no/images/doplarge8tj_1161618402.jpg

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I think it is hilarious that FAT JOE has stooped to releasing bubblegum singles every time out......and his records still do not move that many units.........haha FUCK HIM

Yea truth be told

Koolish
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Shit man I cant agree with more at all. All my friends who mostly like mainstream, you know radio shit. There like this song is hella tight. The beat is off the hook. Theres the fact right there, and the chorus, thats all they know, they dont know the lyrics on the verses, only on the chorus, you hear any mainstream fan all they sing is the chorus or rap the chorus never the verses. WaCkNeSs
that's what separates those who appreciate music, and those who appreciate catchiness.

graffitiwhat
12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
yall hatin on fat joe, but put aside the fact he makes radio hits the dude can rhyme, and his past few albums have had some nice tracks, i cant front either i thought his last album was tight, and ill probably cop his next album when it drops, rather support fat joe than some shitty artist. but i respect ur opinions. peace

J-DON
12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
*watches we thuggin*
When exactly did busta rhymes become huge as hell? Hes still pretty skinny there.

whatever, we thuggin was a banger IMO

Fat Joe will always have a great voice for Emceeing thats pretty much the only thing he had going for him other than being able to pick beats and being a fat guy calling himself Fat Joe. Dude lives in Miami now and is partying it up so his music reflects his surroundings. But at the same time hes dickriding any movement that becomes big and tries to duplicate with mixed results.

Thworldisyours
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
He can't be that "lame"... He's reportedly got a Primo track on his upcoming album...

And I really dont mind guys that have pop singles, all I care about is the ALBUM... If the album is nice and it has 1 or 2 pop songs, its cool... If the WHOLE album is pop, then there's a problem...

His last album was trash tho... I dont think there was one good song on the whole thing...

urbanlegendmf
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
everyone falls off if enough money is offered

i diddnt see u pale bitches crying when ghost rapped on a girl pop group called the 411 song over here

money corrupts everything beeeeetches
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GHOST AND CRACK IS THAT GHOST KEEPS IT STREET WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT BITCHES

SO DID PUN

BUT FAT JOE JUST DEVELOPED A GAY FLOW ON PURPOSE :loser:

CherChezLaMarauder
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Big influence in the bronx though, always thought he was solid at best. Pretty much heard all his LPs accept his last couple some shit like that. I copped REPRESENT when I was in 7th grade...pretty good shit, he was influenced alot by Lord Finesse and Diamond D with the similies and what not. Then he met Big Pun thru Cuban Link and signed him, played a big influence once again on Joey Crack. Joe's flow improved. But yea, his music falls me asleep nowadays, he's on some radio b/s. My favorite verse of his is from Ja Rule's NEW YORK where he threw slick shots at 50. Whenever I talk about my hood (The Bronx) I call it THE X ::throws up X sign with the forearms::.... Yea I got that from Joe, good shit...

Origin™
12-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Dude done his raw shit in the 90s

Now all he want's is money, and you can't blame him...
The same shit goes for 50 cent and any of them cats that putting out that pop/club rap shit now..

Majority of them started out making the raw shit..

People wan't money.. If you gonna make some serious money from selling out and making that pop shit, then fuck it, more power to them. There's enough raw hiphop from the late 80's, all the 90s and early 2000s to last me for ever.

Any of you that had a chance to make some serious money from making aload of pop/club rap garbage, and say you wouldn't take the opertunity then you just frontin.

C.R.E.A.M!!!!!!

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
damn a two year old thread

-IrOnBuLL-
12-03-2007, 11:35 AM
i think fat joe iz doin good for hip hop
some of his songz are good some are wack
thatz jus how it iz wit ALL the artists

J.T.S.
12-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Gave up on Fat Joe along time ago.

CharlesJones
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah he's a joke. I stopped liking him after Jealous One's Envy album. Jealous One's Still Envy album was decent. He's on the south rappers dicks right now. It's a damn shame what people will do for money and popularity. Fat Joe should've kept his music underground but this stuff happens to most rappers because most rappers wanna get a lot of money so they change their music from underground to mainstream to sell records. To the dude who dissed Ghostface Killah, you're right what you said. Ghostface has done some corny songs to get some radio play like the wack songs he did with Missy Elliott called Tush and Never Be The Same Again with Carl Thomas.