PDA

View Full Version : Killah Priest Overrated

Tetsuo
06-12-2006, 12:08 AM
There's no disputing KP def has some classic tracks (One Step, Blessed Are Those, Tai Chi) and he's dropped some amazing verses, but imo he's doesn't deserve the worship he receives. Priesthood and View From Masada aren't very good albums, Heavy Mental has some classic songs but a lot of lackluster tracks and anyway Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars > Heavy Mental. He drops a lot of knowledge but his rhymes/flow isn't very versatile and sometimes he even seems pretentious. I know some of ya'll are thinkin the same thing.

GENERAL WISE
06-12-2006, 12:26 AM
KP > any member in Wu-tang right now IMO
if you listen to Heavy Mental, Black August, & priesthood ( i dont care about masada) for a while you know what my opinion is based on.

abasi
06-12-2006, 09:24 AM
kp is a poet
not overrated

Skellington
06-12-2006, 09:28 AM
He's highly overrated yes, after "heavy mental" he nevr brought anything good imo. "Priesthood" was..allright.

Kong
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I can see where your coming from with your views but i dont think he is pretentious or overrated.

Hollow Dartz
06-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Priest is hot.

venex
06-12-2006, 02:47 PM
He's highly overrated yes, after "heavy mental" he nevr brought anything good imo. "Priesthood" was..allright.

true, come on you gotta be honest:

lyrically he IS one of the illest (fact)

but his flow ain't always great, he must work WAAY better on his flow...

Priest drops ill stuff, but alot of times I almost fall asleep, cuz he doesn't flow ill or with not much energy...

understand me ?

TAURO
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
I actually think he's underrated and doesn't seem to get shown much love, he is respected but just not recognised for his work as much, for example everyone here is just talking about his solo stuff but neglect his group efforts also.

Tetsuo
06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I agree with Venex, he can be boring. It's not like he isn't a good lyricist, but is he a good MC? A really good MC has to get your attention immediately and after you can enjoy their music on that level then you delve deeper into the lyrics. priest can't really be enjoyed casually, there isn't much to appreciate about him outside of his lyrics and a rapper can't rely on just lyrics.

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Priest is a OG too. http://www.killahpriest.com/

zooruka
06-13-2006, 04:04 AM
Priest is a OG too. http://www.killahpriest.com/

I agree with Venex, he can be boring. It's not like he isn't a good lyricist, but is he a good MC? A really good MC has to get your attention immediately and after you can enjoy their music on that level then you delve deeper into the lyrics. priest can't really be enjoyed casually, there isn't much to appreciate about him outside of his lyrics and a rapper can't rely on just lyrics.

I agree to a point ... I hate to say it Gza can be like this to me.. but then he raps like on " older godz" or "reunited" and im like dam this kid is dope ( and yes Gza is by far the best lyricist in WU TANG CLAN talkin pure lyrics " no better" than gz) .. His raps are mad complex.. yet deck and method man and rza is better for me because, while there lyrics ain`t as complex ( they complex... no doubt, but not like the genius `s deep thinking rap), they got the complete package ( these are my three best m.c`s in all RAP !!!)...:spin: .

I actually have changed my mind on killah priest.. he is aight.. I actually think m.c`s like priest.. masta and others like them.. to be truly appreciated " YOU NEED TO BE IN THERE STEEZE ".. when you bumping there raps.. "if you understand what I mean"..

I mean if you put on masta... expecting method man then thats`s where your going wrong.. ( Thats why !! I use to think like you about priest..), while he will never be commercial.. he is definatly a better lyricist than 90% of wu fam thats for sure and in the top 15 % of all rappers.

I think this goes back to my previous thread ' (about how much voice plays in a rappers career) my example was method man .. would he be as ill or popular if he didn`t have his ill.. m.c voice ????.

Priest`s problem is, he is all over the place... he needs a spot to call his own.. he seems to jump from group to group and idea to idea, like the wet weather !!!.

It makes it hard for people to follow namsayin... he needs to either stay solo or form one final group and go all out.. or P{join GRAVEDIGGAZ WITH HOLOCAUST AND PHAROHE MONCH and CANNIBUS.

NOW THAT WOULD BE DOPE !!!

p

p

Leo Angel
06-13-2006, 04:08 AM
He's definetaly underrated

zooruka
06-13-2006, 04:15 AM
He's definetaly underrated

u-god, raekwon, ol dirty bza, cappadonna, street life, killa sin, priest, p sun, timbo king and hell razah

all underated in my opinion.

p

Longbongcilvaringz
06-13-2006, 04:25 AM
^agreed.

but kp has a dope album in heavey mental.

i have priesthood and to be honest apart from a few tracks it didnt impress me that much. i need to give it a better listen though.

Its Big Lu baby
06-13-2006, 04:37 AM
KP > any member in Wu-tang right now IMO
if you listen to Heavy Mental, Black August, & priesthood ( i dont care about masada) for a while you know what my opinion is based on.
stop doing crack
and pick up the new ghost

Leo Angel
06-13-2006, 02:54 PM
New Priest tracks like The Offering, Life After Death, Pain, Stand Still, Uprising, On The Way To The Top or Uprising shits on new Ghostface... sorry to say, but it's true. I think that The Offering is going to be a real classic:yes:

the silencer
06-13-2006, 03:03 PM
i think Priest and Timbo King are the most UNDERrated in the whole Wu fam....there dope as fuck...their old shit (Sunz of Man and Royal Fam) was amazing and i think there both only gettin better..

FUCK this stupid ass thread.....

PS: seriously tho its all opinions so PEACE

THE W
06-13-2006, 03:09 PM
after "heavy mental" he nevr brought anything good imo.

BANG!

zooruka
06-13-2006, 07:06 PM
New Priest tracks like The Offering, Life After Death, Pain, Stand Still, Uprising, On The Way To The Top or Uprising shits on new Ghostface... sorry to say, but it's true. I think that The Offering is going to be a real classic:yes:

ghost is a tight m.c in his own right, but yeah Im definently gonna check for a preist album before ghostface`s new stuff ( yes ghsotface rhymes (lyricaly) are tight, even on the commercial shit from ghost) ... but ghost is another nas... in my opinion, " ill rapper who fails to connect with the people".. say like method man.. and this is different from cannibus aswell...
people just don`t want to like canibus and blame everything from beats ( I agree these are horrible) to his raps ( hahah lmao at his raps is wack, statements that get thrown around here !!), anyone who has ever heard Canibus spit over the icecream beat ( a real beat)... knows whats up !!!!

listen to when he comes in at the start spitting... YO YO maddd sikk ( i repeat that shit 24/7 and never get sick of it WHY ?? ... because the m.cing is crazy and the beat is straight ill rza son)

I just think at the moment ... we expect so much more, when these albums are bout to drop or in production, and they ususally flops.. I remain cautious!!!.

Ima check k.p out though !!!!

p

p

famenchuan
06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Priest Hood is a classic for me. Love that album
Heavy Mental 9.5
Priest Hood 9.0

357 NYC
06-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I Think The New Joint With Nas Is Highly Overated

Tetsuo
06-15-2006, 05:10 PM
damn yo i didn't even hear that shit yet someone post it please.

Orion Nebulus
06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
I dont think he's overated at all. He's ill.....and I thought "black august" was dope.

oDoUoSoKo
06-16-2006, 09:06 PM
i think he is at times to, lyrically i dont find him what everyone says he is

abasi
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Priest is ill
Priesthood

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-17-2006, 08:19 PM
He is underrated

Da Dishonourable Don
06-19-2006, 04:17 AM
Priest smoked Cannibus with a six minute freestyle once, Cannibus dropped the mic and forfitted, what does that tell you ''bout priest?

Orion Nebulus
06-22-2006, 02:36 PM
^^^ Word I heard about that. Killah Preist is ill...bottom line.

THE W
06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Priest smoked Cannibus with a six minute freestyle once, Cannibus dropped the mic and forfitted, what does that tell you ''bout priest? it tells me about the past.

i guess he used up all his dopeness on heavy mental and that battle.

eVoL
06-22-2006, 07:14 PM
i hate him

zooruka
06-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Priest smoked Cannibus with a six minute freestyle once, Cannibus dropped the mic and forfitted, what does that tell you ''bout priest?

Dont believe the hype !!!!

I want evidance, recorded proof ...???:list:

p

p

RAMESH
06-23-2006, 01:55 PM
i love killah priest & as for over rated thats bullshit if you nof feeling him maybe you should go listen to 50 cents & his toy tony yoyo

5thlion
07-04-2006, 09:28 PM
did yall listen to that track movies? that right there is ill hes crazy for that song the way he constructed that shit is bananas

SMOKE BLUNTS
08-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Dont believe the hype !!!!

I want evidance, recorded proof ...???:list:

p

p

killa preist may be the best ever! anything he does he fucks it up! killa preist and canibus are part of the 4 horsemen and if you want proff of the best one check those cds. obvi. canibus is the leader by far!

One and Only
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Black August is a great great album

TurnThePage
09-04-2006, 02:04 PM
best lyricist ever in hip hop.

rza need to smarten up and put kp in the clan as the new 9th member

AndresInYoFace
09-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Remember 96,

Beware of biochips.

NOW ITS 9 :dududu:

armagedon

In his own words,

"the priest has allways been nice"

ANYONE WHO DOENT LOVE THE MASADA MAKABE KILLER PRIEST needs to go buy a c.d. called ELEMENTS, by SONZ OF MAN

its the bomb

deadlymelody
09-04-2006, 04:31 PM
it tells me about the past.

i guess he used up all his dopeness on heavy mental and that battle.

Come on wade. In that case, INS, Raekwon, and U-God have used up all their "dopeness" then too.

shingen
09-04-2006, 09:02 PM
remember science project
that shit was phat

the only thing i dont like about killah priest is how he tried to portray his image

Frank Drebin
09-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Yeah well same can be said for a lot of clan rappers Liquid Swords unbelievable then Beneath the Surface not as good as are the following albums. Same for Raekwon Same for Meth. Heavy Mental is a classic album IMO one of the great Wu related albums a top 10 for me

Dirty Knowledge
09-05-2006, 01:24 PM
kp is a poet
not overrated

Yeah KP is a poet more than a rapper and that's why he's so good because he comes from the heart not just his dick or his wallet. Overrated? This dude's so underrated. OVerrated would be seeing KP on MTV and BET 24/7, his videos, him getting awards, blahzay blah. All he got is a diary. KP is fire and deserves all the rec and rep he recieves.

crass
09-05-2006, 02:30 PM
he's overrated among wu-tang fans.

ShaDynasty
09-05-2006, 07:34 PM
There's no disputing KP def has some classic tracks (One Step, Blessed Are Those, Tai Chi) and he's dropped some amazing verses, but imo he's doesn't deserve the worship he receives. Priesthood and View From Masada aren't very good albums, Heavy Mental has some classic songs but a lot of lackluster tracks and anyway Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars > Heavy Mental. He drops a lot of knowledge but his rhymes/flow isn't very versatile and sometimes he even seems pretentious. I know some of ya'll are thinkin the same thing.

'heavy mental' is classic, i like his flow
whos overating him?
hes definetly dropped some mediocre shit, so what!

Tetsuo
09-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Nah...it isn't abou the fact that he drops mediocre shit. His lyrics are crazy, but outside lyrics I don't think he's nearly as talented as some Wu-fam. Contrary to what most "real hip hop" fans think, it's not just about the lyrics. For instance, some of my favorite work by KP is on the First Testament album because not only were his lyrics tight but he came with a real passionate and unpredictable flow. He needs to be more innovative as an all around artist and not just a lyricist. On his behalf, he does try out other styles such as his hardcore style on tracks like Cross My Heart and Secret Rivals but it fails miserably in my opinion.

Comptilla
09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
priest is a real street poet that reads alota books so his flow is deep. to me he is far from over rated.

biblebullet
09-16-2006, 01:16 PM
u-god, raekwon, ol dirty bza, cappadonna, street life, killa sin, priest, p sun, timbo king and hell razah

all underated in my opinion.

p

Mos def... they are all underrated and most ppl here shit on them as well.
They are all good and deserve all the good that comes to them.

Killah Priest and Masta Killa were battling to join wu, so he's not uver -rated

abasi
09-26-2006, 09:21 AM
cappa used to be nice
i dont know what happend to him

snapple
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
how many units has KP moved? do you think anyone under the age of 16 even knows who KP is? over-rated? yea im tired of seein KP on the source cover getting all this promotion and shit...

THE W
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Come on wade. In that case, INS, Raekwon, and U-God have used up all their "dopeness" then too.
in what case? what are you talking about?

Mega La DON
10-04-2006, 09:53 PM
You aint feelin priest cuz the man is mad deep kid!Its not for the simplw mundayne train of thought!Every drop is a gem!Masterpiece!GOD KNOWLEDGE!http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/forrestpump/Picture001-2.jpg

Lil' Ruger
10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Priest is hot.

you might wanna say summin differant u soun a lil fruity.

1STGODHAND
10-18-2006, 09:13 AM
killah priest iz a dope mc. he saved them dudes (certain wu members) when canabis and his man was battling them and getting in thier asses. priest drop some shit that ended the battle and gained their respect

THEORY
01-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Under-rated??? I don't think he gets a 1/3 of the recognition he deserves. Priest spits that wisdom you need in your life.

ONE.

Masta Chilla
02-24-2007, 12:07 PM
why isn't kp in the clan?
why isn't he on da mystery of chessboxin?
at that time he lost the battle against mk all was over.
as an affiliate you can't be more famous than a general.
i don't say kp is bad, but he isn't that much underrated.

all wu-members are underrated, but they are underground (except meth n ghost) and as ug mc's you needn't to be that famous.