PDA

View Full Version : What is it called when a person forces a cop...

LHX
06-12-2006, 12:28 AM
What is it the term they use when somebody forces a cop to shoot them?

I remember seeing something on the news about it, but I can't remember the term they used.

Some form of suicide.

If somebody could fill in the blank for me, I would appreciate it.

I want to discuss this.

denaturat
06-12-2006, 12:36 AM
it's called "suicide by cop"

HotSauce
06-12-2006, 12:37 AM
I find the concept an interesting way to go out but I don't know what it's called. Funny that you "make" a cop shoot you. Unless you yourself have a gun in your hand, there's no justifiable reason why a cop should kill anyone.

LHX
06-12-2006, 12:47 AM

Seriously?

denaturat
06-12-2006, 12:50 AM
yes

LHX
06-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Okay.

Thanks.

Let me think about how to word my follow-up question.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Suicide by cop? Nice. You know, in Ireland there's no such a thing as suicide, the coroner will declare it 'grevious misadventure' or something like that. Either way, there's a 0% suicide rate

Os3y3ris
06-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Unless you yourself have a gun in your hand, there's no justifiable reason why a cop should kill anyone.

Knives are lethal weapons. In some cultures they've been known to tie off the limbs to prevent shock and then just eat bullets as they take heads. They die later. Within 25 feet, even against an armed and ready marine, the guy with the knife has a reasonable chance of winning. Point is, they can and should shoot you for brandishing one if they dont have access to effective nonlethal weaponry.

HotSauce
06-12-2006, 08:33 AM
^all the cops around here carry tazers. I guess that may not be the case everywhere.

Os3y3ris
06-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Its not. If they're available, I do agree that they should use those instead.

whitey
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I find the concept an interesting way to go out but I don't know what it's called. Funny that you "make" a cop shoot you. Unless you yourself have a gun in your hand, there's no justifiable reason why a cop should kill anyone.

I think a lot of cops are too trigger happy but when a perp is going into his person while a cop is giving him directions to lay down or put his hands up the person could be pulling out a peice of gum or a gun you dont know and if a cop hesistats and gets blasted thats some shit. And thats why most cops blast first. Do what the cop is telling you, and you dont have to worry about it. Unless there on some mark ferman shit then sorry.

MsRzaRecTaH
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM

seriously?? word I learn something new everyday. .Peace

Aqueous Moon
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Okay.

Thanks.

Let me think about how to word my follow-up question.

I'm curious...what were you gonna ask?

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 01:36 AM
You can't force a cop cops force you.

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Do I really have to stay here 24 hours a day so that you can act normal?

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-13-2006, 08:15 AM
I think a lot of cops are too trigger happy but when a perp is going into his person while a cop is giving him directions to lay down or put his hands up the person could be pulling out a peice of gum or a gun you dont know and if a cop hesistats and gets blasted thats some shit. And thats why most cops blast first. Do what the cop is telling you, and you dont have to worry about it. Unless there on some mark ferman shit then sorry.

You are a cop!

SubtleEnergies
06-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Every cop I have ever met has had the IQ of a monkey and that same icky feeling I get when I hear Bush talk.

They are all self righteous ass holes.

denaturat
06-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Every cop I have ever met has had the IQ of a monkey and that same icky feeling I get when I hear Bush talk.

They are all self righteous ass holes.

yeah, really? well...ses if you'll still be saying that when your cat is stuck in the tree.

SubtleEnergies
06-15-2006, 01:39 AM
My cat is 18 and hasn't been outside in the last 17 years. So fuck the police :P

maestro wooz
06-15-2006, 02:11 AM
a couple weeks ago a good friend of alot of my friends did this. He was going nuts and ran at the cops with scissors in his hand. They shot him dead right there in front of the kids mom, dad, and younger brother.

Muslimah
06-15-2006, 03:02 AM
a couple weeks ago a good friend of alot of my friends did this. He was going nuts and ran at the cops with scissors in his hand. They shot him dead right there in front of the kids mom, dad, and younger brother.

I'm not saying what the cops did is acceptable, especially in front of the family, but what was he doing running at police officers with scissors in his hand?

Frontal Lobotomy
06-15-2006, 03:15 AM
They shot a guy armed only with scissors? That's some fucked up redneck police shit

Muslimah
06-15-2006, 03:19 AM
Yeah but a guy going nuts and then running at you with scissors in his hands would look like a guy with sharp knives who wants to kill you...

Not saying it deserved a shot in the head, that is clearly extreme…but why would you run at police officers with scissors in your hands?

SubtleEnergies
06-15-2006, 03:35 AM
Fuck if I had a gun and a guy came at me with scissors I sure know I would be so scared I would need to shoot (sarcasm). But what was he doing?

Muslimah
06-15-2006, 03:38 AM
LMAO, i know scissors, it's pathetic and really there was no need to shoot, especially not in the head...but still it could look like knives and be used like a knife.

Point is though, as you just said, what was he doing?

Os3y3ris
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Y'all are crazy. Its not so hard to kill someone with some scissors. I'd shoot someone for attacking me with them.

Aqueous Moon
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Y'all are crazy. Its not so hard to kill someone with some scissors. I'd shoot someone for attacking me with them.

LMAO....If I was a trained police officer, I would duck and dodge and put that fool in a choke hold or I would utilze my brain and try to talk him down.

You shouldn't be a cop if you go be scary and murder someone over some scissors.

I think it's a mental thing....the pigs don't want people to question their authority, so they kill anyone who threatens that authority (even if it is just a pair of scissors).

whitey
06-15-2006, 09:34 PM
LMAO....If I was a trained police officer, I would duck and dodge and put that fool in a choke hold or I would utilze my brain and try to talk him down.

You shouldn't be a cop if you go be scary and murder someone over some scissors.

I think it's a mental thing....the pigs don't want people to question their authority, so they kill anyone who threatens that authority (even if it is just a pair of scissors).

Easy to say, not so easy to do. Be serious if you were a female cop and some big ass dude ran up on you with some sissors you'd bust out the kung fu?

I agree a lot of cops are cocks about shit, but a lot of times there doenst even need to be a problem...

"Yo drop the sissors or ill shoot".

"Don't come any closer".

"Stop right there and drop the sissors".

"I told you to stop."

"If you come any closer I will shoot you!"

" (gun blast) "

Os3y3ris
06-15-2006, 10:39 PM

Do you even KNOW martial arts?

Its not murder if they pull a weapon on YOU.

A pair of scissors is a threat to your LIFE, not simply your authority.

Thanatologist
06-16-2006, 06:32 PM
thats how im going to die but instead of suicide im gonna be thinking homocide

haha instead of suicide you are thinking of homocide?

thats flamboyantly gay

maestro wooz
06-17-2006, 01:22 AM
:)9:( I'm not saying what the cops did is acceptable, especially in front of the family, but what was he doing running at police officers with scissors in his hand?

no, i agree with you. The kid was schyzophrantic or something and he kinda lost it, i think. They were talking with him for awhile and they had almost convinced him to put the scissors down and he turned and started to run at them, so they shot him. The whole thing is being investigated because 4 cops shot him 7 times or something, but i think they did what they had to do in the situation.

maestro wooz
06-17-2006, 01:24 AM

definetley, because if people think they can charge at police officers and not be shot dead, they will and eventually theyre gonna suceed and kill an officer. Then how would that look? The cops did what they had to do in the situation, they had to enforce the law. It doesnt make them "pigs".

hectis
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I Bet Lots Of Times Pigs Have Murder Innocent People And Said It Wuz Suicide By Cops And Got Away With It

Punch
06-21-2006, 12:31 AM
yeah the cops were acting in self defense, but they could have only wounded him, no?