PDA

View Full Version : Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang

PANDA PISS
06-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Get You Some (Busta Rhymes) (Marsha) (Q-Tip)
Touch It (Busta Rhymes)
How We Do It Over Here (Busta Rhymes) (Missy Elliott)
New York S*** (Busta Rhymes) (Swizz Beatz)
Been Through The Storm (Busta Rhymes) (Stevie Wonder)
In The Ghetto (Busta Rhymes) (Rick James)
Cocaina (Busta Rhymes) (Marsha)
You Can't Hold The Torch (Busta Rhymes) (Chauncey Black) (Q-Tip)
Goldmine (Busta Rhymes) (Raekwon)
I Love My B**** (Busta Rhymes) (Kelis) (Will.I.Am)
Don't Get Carried Away (Busta Rhymes) (Nas)
They're Out To Get Me (Busta Rhymes) (Mr. Porter)
Get Down (Busta Rhymes)
I'll Do It All (Busta Rhymes) (Latoiya Williams)
Legend Of The Fall Offs (Busta Rhymes)

yo i copped this today, im listenin right now what yall think, im listening right now

venex
06-12-2006, 03:03 PM
7 / 10

lot's of good tracks, nice production, but weak tracks too

PANDA PISS
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
oh my god
the album is so fuckin dope
easily his best since 'the coming'
in the ghetto and you cant hold the torch are my favorites, and goldmine, fuckin all of it!

Spectrum7glr
06-13-2006, 07:38 AM
dope album
good production, busta comes correct with nice lyrics and flow
only 5 beats out of 15 from Dr. Dre, that's the problem for me
with 3-4 others tracks from Dre, the album would have been WOW
but for me it's not his best since The Coming, When Disaster Strikes is better
as i said, dope album only 3 tracks that i don't really like because of the beat :

In the ghetto
Get Down
I'll Do It All

Da Problem Child
06-13-2006, 07:40 AM
In the Ghetto is hot.I aint got the album,but i heard the shit with the legend Rick Jame.That shit is tight ass fuck.

Spectrum7glr
06-13-2006, 07:41 AM
yeah well it's only the beat that don't grew on me, it's a question of taste
but the album miss some true banger like Break Your Neck

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
06-13-2006, 09:04 AM
7 / 10

lot's of good tracks, nice production, but weak tracks too

co sign

Ghost Deini
06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
8.5/10. Really like this album. I've always liked Busta but some of his shit is wack sometimes. He definitely is back with this album. Nice production some nice guest spots (Stevie Wonder, Raekwon, Q-Tip). A couple weak tracks to get the LP on the radio but other than that its a banger. Busta really benefited from his move to Aftermath.

Favorites: Can't Hold the Torch (favorite track), New York Shit, Goldmine, Get You Some, Touch It, Don't Get Carried Away.

smokebongoncliff
06-13-2006, 05:45 PM
this cd is unreal. i just wish they used the marly marl beat for ny shit. i liked it better. and the song which was supposed to feature dr dre called "imagine" isnt on it. anyone know if this will ever get released? detox maybe?

J-DON
06-13-2006, 07:09 PM
First listen...

1. Get You Some - 8/10 - Pretty decent song. Definate headnodder.
2. Touch It - 10/10 - Club joint of the year
3. How We Do It Over Here - 6/10 - Kinda shit beat and missy sounds like crap on it.
4. New York Shit - 10/10 - Awesome! Banger
5. Been Through The Storm - 9/10 - WOW! Banger
6. In The Ghetto - 10/10 - Holyshit! Banger
7. Cocaina - 9/10 - JEEBUS! Another Banger
8. You Cant Hold The Torch - Chill song, Tip and Bus back and forth spreading some truth about these new hiphop cats
9. Goldmine - 10/10 - DEN-DENENE!
10. I love my bitch - 5/10 - WHY!? I HATE THIS SONG
11. Dont Get Carried Away - 5/10 - Garbage ass beat!
12. Theyre Out to Get Me - 7/10 - Meh... its alright
13. Get Down - 7/10 - A beat with some nice bump but gets boring
14. Ill Do It All - 9/10 - Beautiful beat here. Nice love jam!
15. Legend Of The Falloffs - 8/10 - cool sombre type joint to end the album off.

I give the album an 8/10

Wheres Your Money and Ill Hurt You would have pushed this album to album of the year status.

Definately an album thats gonna last me through the summer. Some joints longer.

Definitive X
06-13-2006, 07:53 PM
There's another version of "Get Carried Away" that's REAL REAL REAL dope...I was fuckin' pissed that it didn't make the album...

Dr Zayus
06-13-2006, 09:36 PM
That's not "Don't Get Carried Away", that's "Rough Around The Edges" and it's produced by Hi-Tek, probably gonna be on Hi-Teknology 2

By the way, Don't Get Carried Away has a garbage beat? you're joking, that shit was incredible.

Spectrum7glr
06-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree that Dre beat is fire and Nas spit mad shit

Definitive X
06-14-2006, 08:06 AM
That's not "Don't Get Carried Away", that's "Rough Around The Edges" and it's produced by Hi-Tek, probably gonna be on Hi-Teknology 2

Nah nah nah...I swear it's another version of "Don't Get Carried Away"...it even has the words "carried away" in the vocal sample...if you could post it, that would be dope...PEACE.

cap
06-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Nah nah nah...I swear it's another version of "Don't Get Carried Away"...it even has the words "carried away" in the vocal sample...if you could post it, that would be dope...PEACE.

yeah i know which one u mean.
that shit was fiiyaaaaaaaaaaah,real grimy shit!
i was mad as fuck they didnt put that one instead.
the beat off the album version is lame.
(am i the only one who thinks its a bit too shady-ish??!)

yeah,i wish they put the marley marl version of ny shit on that joint too.

other than that,dope album!!

love the opening track,and been through the storm.
definitely standout tracks.
first busta album i ever bought!!

ed-word
06-14-2006, 02:03 PM
funny , www.allmusic.com (http://www.allmusic.com) gave it 2 stars out of 5

CharlesJones
06-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I haven't liked Busta Rhymes since Anarchy album. He makes too many mainstream songs and not enough hardcore songs.

PANDA PISS
06-14-2006, 04:43 PM
funny , www.allmusic.com (http://www.allmusic.com) gave it 2 stars out of 5
i can sort of see their point, but its definetly an improvement on his last 5 albums
their usually on point with their reviews, but i disagree with this one

'legend of the fall offs' is fuckin incredible, on some grim reaper type shit, also ill that dr dre used the sound of a shovel diggin a grave for the percussion

hopefully this is the start of a long lasting and prosperous future for busta on aftermath, but well see how the sales are next week

hearin q-tip on this shit has got me fiendin for some new shit from him (in atcq tho)

the way dilla hooked up that beat was like an ill flip of 'lyrics to go'

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-14-2006, 08:49 PM
i think this is a dope album and i mean his last cd was aight but couple weak tracks and i think he did benifit from going to aftermath but theres no flipmode squad track they've been on every lp he's done its just odd without them on here i'm a give it 8/10 favorite tracks:

goldmine
legends fall off
NY Shit
don't get carried away
you can't carry the torch

Definitive X
06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I thought the "Cocaina" beat was so so SO dope...if that's the vibe Dre brings to OB4CL 2, it's gon' be a SLAMMIN' album...

smokebongoncliff
06-15-2006, 05:15 PM
if anyone liked this album that doesnt have his 1st 3 lp's . go get them right now. and youll see the growth

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-15-2006, 06:17 PM
if anyone liked this album that doesnt have his 1st 3 lp's . go get them right now. and youll see the growth

hell yeah i got every lp this man did except is LONS shit
but he grew lyrically and he got the swagger n right to put NY on his back carry dat bitch like Nas did with The Cross joint

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Yo I disliked this album. Lyrically, Busta didn't fell off so deeply... But when it comes to flow, man, it ain't that busta back in '98 on "Gimme Some More" or in '96 on "Woo Hah", he doesn't shout anymore, he doesn't do his mad tounge twists anymore. On most songs he reminded me on 50 Cent on "Outta Control". Quite tired. And monotonous, compared to earlier Busta shit.
Best song lyrically: "Legend of the Fall Offs"

Productionally, album is pointless. I rarely heard so un-cohesive album.
Dr. Dre is here on his worst. That two songs, "Get You Some" and "How We Do It Over Here" are baddest Dre beat I ever heard. That hollered-out song "Touch It" I didn't like too, it was too empty, as boring as some old school joints. "New York Shit" is something different, I fucking hate that beat, but I can't kick it out of my head.
Best song productionally: "Don't Get Carried Away"... interesting, made by same Dre that fucked up that two songs...

Overall, 2/5. Weak and... shapeless, that's the right word.

oxyher
07-28-2006, 04:17 PM
i m francophon
ou va le hip hop
je deteste aftermath parce qu'ils salissent le real hip hop. si busta a signé chez dre alors il a vendu sont âme au diable.
wutant for ever modaf**k

PANDA PISS
07-28-2006, 08:31 PM
i m francophon
ou va le hip hop
je deteste aftermath parce qu'ils salissent le real hip hop. si busta a signé chez dre alors il a vendu sont âme au diable.
wutant for ever modaf**k
lol

big bang is a good album imo
i realized 5 years ago that busta had changed
this doesnt make the album bad tho, just different
it definetly has good production and busta has made hisa most lyrical album with this

Stevebud23
07-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I think it is a good album, its his most complete album where he demonstrates his many personalities. I do miss his old shit, his flows were so fluent. But now i just think he wants u to hear what he's saying so he's comin at u with it. In every Busta verse he brings it, really doesn't seem like he takes off on songs at all. There was so many different songs that could have been on this album but he went with those 15. I wouldn't say it is his greatest album but nonetheless its a good one.

The Ghost
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
I'd give a 3.5 nothing really special but its decent.

lips
08-02-2006, 11:59 AM

100pr00f
08-02-2006, 12:02 PM
got a couple of tracks that cool ..like said..it is boring with that flow
to tracks to bassy and dark for his voice
my fav track is the one with stevie wonder

smokebongoncliff
08-02-2006, 03:23 PM
pretty terrible imo. one of the worst albums of the year.

0/10
lol you fool

lips
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM

CashRules
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Not great!

CashRules
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Good that Rae was on it tho

GhettoGnom
08-05-2006, 11:58 AM
2/5

I liked Legend Of The Fall Offs, Don't Get Carried Away and Been Through The Storm... The Rest was mediocre at best =)

GSTYLE
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
i think the album deserved 4 mics. they shudhave included "get your money", "ill hurt u", "ping" and the other song with Nas.

PLO-Stylez
08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
busta did change but he still is better than 90% of the shit out ther so its not amazing i give it 7.5/10. But we wont have to see the damn Big Bang shirts on Busta anymore. It is a top 10 album of the year maybe top 5 has some replay value. But I cant stand the song "I Love my Bitch" it had me sayin stfu.

CharlesJones
10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
This album was nothing special. I wasn't feeling most of the songs. What's so tight about New York Shit song? That song is terrible and i can't believe DJ Scratch produced that. He usually makes better beats than that. I didn't even recognize Stevie Wonder's voice on Been Through The Storm song. It sounded like his voice got deeper. I was surprised he got Rick James to appear on In The Ghetto song.

CharlesJones
10-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh i forgot. I like the song with QTip. I think it's called The Game Has Changed. That sample on that song is the same sample A Tribe Called Quest used on Lyrics To Go song.

bad boy T
09-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Averge 7/10

Good tracks

How we do it over here
Goldmine
Don't get carried away
Ledgend of the fall offs

elantratuner
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Decent Album, def worth a listen best track being Don't Get CArried Away Ft. Nas

claaa7
10-01-2007, 01:36 PM
damn, i loved this album.. 4/5 - production was real bangin in my opinion! "get you some" was dope as hell!

SickT
10-12-2007, 04:41 AM
this cd is unreal. i just wish they used the marly marl beat for ny shit. i liked it better. and the song which was supposed to feature dr dre called "imagine" isnt on it. anyone know if this will ever get released? detox maybe?

it came out on snoops album...

Bucellito 136
11-07-2007, 04:19 AM
this album is so fuckin dope
but there are some weak tracks too
i love been through the storm this track is so hot

Memory Man
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
i thought it was corny that he used that old diamond d beat for new york shit and then said "dj scratch you're crazy for this one!"

Tyler Durden
04-14-2008, 07:14 AM
I still can't get into this album, He chopped his hair and changed his rapping style too.

I want at least 2 crazy tracks on a Busta Album, "Break yo Neck bitch!"

andy_gza
01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Iv'e always respected Busta bt never been compelled to buy any of his CD's till this one dropped. Something about cuttin his hair, changin' his style and gettin pumped up. Glad I did, I love this CD. It isn't a classic but I rarely skip a track. Also, this has pushed me into checkin out some of his back catologue. Although I won't argue with those that prefer his older albums, I find it easier to get with this new calmer, darker Busta Rhymes. I hope that his leaving Aftermath doesnt mean he reverts to his old style.
7.5/10