PDA

View Full Version : CASSIDY making fun of 50 CENT's 21 QUESTIONS......wasn't he a poptart last year???

tical2000
06-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Yo, I just read that CASSIDY is coming out with a video that makes fun of 50 CENT's "21 QUESTIONS" video??? Wasn't CASSIDY the same poptart, who put out those faggot thugs-in-love singles last year "hotel", etc..........I guess dude has a short memory or is trying to forget the past.
Now CASSIDY is going for some sort of tough guy image, after his wack ass "appeal to 13 year old girls" SPLIT PERSONALITY change album didn't move as many units as he wanted..........fuck that dude, he is gay

Microphone Fiend
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Anything to sell records

G.O.D.FA.T.H.A.
06-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Yea they are zombies. So stop watching and listening to those idiots on your tv screen! Pick up the Wu Manual and go from there son. Peace and Wu.

tical2000
06-08-2005, 11:45 PM
like when I first heard of CASSIDY, I heard that he was some sort of battle rapper.......then when I heard his singles off his first album, I almost shit myself laughing at how bubblegum they were...HOTEL....haha

.....now dude wants to get respect and is trying to be a "hustler".......looks really fake too

.....on top of that XXL gave his new album and L and mocked the shit out of it.......he even got a "step your rap game up" quote

G.O.D.FA.T.H.A.
06-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Tical can you do any better than that chump named Cassidy? If you can I heard that Jermaine Dupri has an opening on his label. Maybe you can sign onto his label if you have any skillz to make millz. Peace and Wu!

Rebel_INS
06-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Anything to sell records
UH!!! Exactly.. I was bout to slap my friend at school after he told me that Cassidy was the hottest rapper out there right now, i was like youve got to be fucken kiddin me..

PolitiC
06-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Fuck Em Both

Funk_Dock
06-09-2005, 07:51 AM
funny watchin 2 bubble gum rappers make fun of eachother

PolitiC
06-09-2005, 07:52 AM
funny watchin 2 bubble gum rappers make fun of eachotherhaha couldnt have said it betta

LikwidSwordz
06-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Yea they are zombies. So stop watching and listening to those idiots on your tv screen! Pick up the Wu Manual and go from there son. Peace and Wu.
|)

The Ghost
06-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Cassidy makes gay songs. Fifty makes gay songs. Cassidy can freestyle. Fifty sucks @ freestyling. Put 2 and 2 together and you got one of the weakest beefs in hip hop since KRS-1 and Nelly.

Ameen
06-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I remember first hearing from one of my friends (ite Dragon ;)) and I started taking intrest in him and heard a lot of freestyles and battles and when the "Can I Talk To You ft. Jadakiss " track leaked, i was positive that he had what it took....

I tried to like his album but after a few months i stopped listening and now that he's coming back with the gangsta/hustler approach just shows how people change their whole style just to shift a few extra records.

Hayabusa
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
It can't be worst than when Nelly and Chingy was beefin a few months ago. That had to be an all-time worst.

Decka
06-09-2005, 02:17 PM
The first MC of significance to be supported by Swizz Beatz's J-affiliated Full Service label, Cassidy is a fresh-faced Philadelphian who gained a lot of attention as a battle rapper — with a successful bout against Freeway as one of the first feathers in his cap. People who had been following him through several mixtape appearances were more than a little surprised by the angle taken on his first solo single, "Hotel." Rather than build on his street credibility, Cassidy used the song — with vocal hooks courtesy of R. Kelly— to establish himself as an MC who could just deliver a fluffy chart-aimed hit with equal ease. "Hotel" more or less piggybacked Chingy's "Holidae In" as a like-themed tune into the upper reaches of the singles charts, all the while being as light musically as the same rapper's "One Call Away."Split Personality, Cassidy's debut album, arrived just as "Hotel" was peaking, in March of 2004, and debuted at the number two spot on the Billboard album chart. A year later, the MC returned with I'm a Hustla.

taken from allmusic.com

sounds to me like he started out ok, and then sold out and now that didnt work for him he is goin for the real thug approach.

Peace

tical2000
06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
The first MC of significance to be supported by Swizz Beatz's J-affiliated Full Service label, Cassidy is a fresh-faced Philadelphian who gained a lot of attention as a battle rapper — with a successful bout against Freeway as one of the first feathers in his cap. People who had been following him through several mixtape appearances were more than a little surprised by the angle taken on his first solo single, "Hotel." Rather than build on his street credibility, Cassidy used the song — with vocal hooks courtesy of R. Kelly— to establish himself as an MC who could just deliver a fluffy chart-aimed hit with equal ease. "Hotel" more or less piggybacked Chingy's "Holidae In" as a like-themed tune into the upper reaches of the singles charts, all the while being as light musically as the same rapper's "One Call Away."Split Personality, Cassidy's debut album, arrived just as "Hotel" was peaking, in March of 2004, and debuted at the number two spot on the Billboard album chart. A year later, the MC returned with I'm a Hustla.

taken from allmusic.com

sounds to me like he started out ok, and then sold out and now that didnt work for him he is goin for the real thug approach.

Peace
Nice review, really sums it all up

TSA
06-12-2005, 02:58 AM
Cassidy is a bitch, 50 is a bitch. That sums it up

Hayabusa
06-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah but cassidy is a bitch with nice freestylin skillz 50 is a bitch that loves to sing over all his songs shit he dissed ja rule for doin lol ironic. Him and Ja two peas in a pod now.

CELL
06-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah but cassidy is a bitch with nice freestylin skillz 50 is a bitch that loves to sing over all his songs shit he dissed ja rule for doin lol ironic. Him and Ja two peas in a pod now. 2 toes in a stinky sock, even

thugnation4life
06-12-2005, 11:53 AM
cassidy already released tha video?

ballistic
06-12-2005, 12:55 PM
i love how everyone makes judgements based on what other people without ever actually listening to an artist. i'll bet anything that the majority of everyone that has posted in here, if not everyone, hasn't even listened to cassidy's first album (title evades me at the moment). when i heard that track 'hotel', i felt the same way as y'all and dismissed it immediately. but then i heard cassidy's album, and he actually is a dope MC. unless you've been in the game for more than five years, nowadays you can't really establish yourself unless you put out a track like 'hotel'. the situation is a bitch, and you can chalk it up to the music industry exploiting inner city conditions and capitalism. but don't hate on cassidy without hearing some of his stuff first...that i'm a hustla track is pretty sick, and definitely one of the better songs on the radio right now. his first album was nice, and i haven't heard his second one yet...anyways, just listen before you judge...

tical2000
06-12-2005, 01:53 PM
i love how everyone makes judgements based on what other people without ever actually listening to an artist. i'll bet anything that the majority of everyone that has posted in here, if not everyone, hasn't even listened to cassidy's first album (title evades me at the moment). when i heard that track 'hotel', i felt the same way as y'all and dismissed it immediately. but then i heard cassidy's album, and he actually is a dope MC. unless you've been in the game for more than five years, nowadays you can't really establish yourself unless you put out a track like 'hotel'. the situation is a bitch, and you can chalk it up to the music industry exploiting inner city conditions and capitalism. but don't hate on cassidy without hearing some of his stuff first...that i'm a hustla track is pretty sick, and definitely one of the better songs on the radio right now. his first album was nice, and i haven't heard his second one yet...anyways, just listen before you judge...

Dude, that may be the unfortunate climate in hip hop 2005....coming into the rap game with some bubblegum songs to get on the radio......but when you come into the rap game with bubblegum shit like HOTEL, and the other shit he did, you basically come in with absolutley no credibility. So when you come out 2 years later talking all this gangster/hustler talk, you look like a complete fake. The way most artists come into the rap game is by laying down harder street tracks and making an name for themselves, building there credibility.....which allows them later in there career to get away with more pop tinged tracks. I think this allows them to have longer careers......it seems like the dudes who do it the opposite...come into the game with pop shit.......dissapear really fast.

I think CASSIDY's marketing team really fucked him, cause I heard he used to be some battle rapper.....but when his cd came out, he was doing those bubblegum songs which were popular 2 years back with CHINGY, JA RULE, etc. This caught people off guard who were expecting some battle raps......that album did mediocre sales.....so now he is trying to come back hard, but I dont think people will buy into it as he is known as a poptart.........he should not have been so fuckin concerned with making the quick paper, and maybe he could would have some credibility now, and a long rap career.

ballistic
06-12-2005, 02:01 PM
oh yea certainly....i agree with you in the sense that he could've introduced himself to the masses a bit better. i hated that track 'hotel'...but at the same time, i didnt let that affect my opinion of him as an artist. what i'm saying is, everyone is just going off of that and promptly labeling him as a no-talent, non-MC, psuedo-Nellyist rapper. check out his other tracks, and if you still dont like him, then thats simply a matter of taste. but if you're like me, you'll be able to appreciate his wit and punch-line-oriented material. he's very, very similar to trife da god, if you're looking for a parallel to compare him to. he's a quality rapper, dont let the radio waves infiltrate your brain cells!

TSA
06-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Im a Hustla was a wack ass track also though