PDA

View Full Version : Educated Fools

HotSauce
06-12-2006, 10:28 PM
“If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.”Now maybe someone would be able to disregard this statement if it had come from someone who did nothing with their life. But that's not the case at all. Sooooooo, what was Bob talking about when he said it? Can education, indeed, turn you into a damn fool? What does the statement mean to you?

Aqueous Moon
06-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Yes...and I think we should make it clear what kinda education Bob Marley was talking about.

I think he was talking about institutional education.

Take a look at the one who feels compelled to list his degrees just to lend credibility to his words.

He sounds like an institutionalized, robot-like, fool.

The problem with educated fools is that they don't know when their education is working against them.

So, when they get slapped upside the head with reality they fall back on their inflated egos and ignore the lessons we free thinkers have already learned.

HotSauce
06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes indeed. I would say, however that not all educated fools ever allow

themselves to get slapped with the reality. Rather, they pass judgement

their entire lives cause it doesn't square with what their books taught them.

They allow the education they recieved to be the interpretor for all that

they see and hear, not ever truly realizing the limitations that they have

placed upon themselves.

HotSauce
06-13-2006, 12:15 AM
But what about the elitest educations? I'm sure you're aware of the culture of Yale. I don't think it's as cut and dry as public schools. In a sense they're probably so lacking in a decent education that they cause many to want to go find it themselves (<me, for instance>). Meanwhile the ciriculium at the best private schools in the country are breeding tommorrow's CEO's, who will in turn exploit the entire the planet as if it were their right simply because they have the power to do so.

Aqueous Moon
06-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Co - sign^
I agree with both of you. Homeschooling is a great idea, cuz at least when they are ready to go to the university, which is certainly an institutional form of education, then they can have their minds right and not be so open to the propaganda.

HotSauce
06-13-2006, 12:22 AM
This is kinda a side note, but I think homeschooling can be damagin from a social aspect. I don't plan on sendin my kids to school so much for the education but so that they can learn to deal with people......The homeschooling will start when they get home from school.

Aqueous Moon
06-13-2006, 12:33 AM
This is kinda a side note, but I think homeschooling can be damagin from a social aspect. I don't plan on sendin my kids to school so much for the education but so that they can learn to deal with people......The homeschooling will start when they get home from school.

This is exactly what i been thinking about....

I mean on one level I think homeschooling is kinda like abandoning the kids who are in the public schools.

I mean, in my lil princess' school whenever something goes down that I think is wrong or whenever I see something that ain't right I try to make it better, and I have noticed that it helps all the kids not just mine.

But, then I'm like nah...that ain't really fair to my seed cuz I could have her at home and under my protection and guidance all the time.

I guess it just depends on how involved a parent is...

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 12:38 AM
The more you know the less you know or you can never know everything.

HotSauce
06-13-2006, 12:45 AM
This is exactly what i been thinking about....

I mean on one level I think homeschooling is kinda like abandoning the kids who are in the public schools.

I mean, in my lil princess' school whenever something goes down that I think is wrong or whenever I see something that ain't right I try to make it better, and I have noticed that it helps all the kids not just mine.

But, then I'm like nah...that ain't really fair to my seed cuz I could have her at home and under my protection and guidance all the time.

I guess it just depends on how involved a parent is... It takes a village though, right? Some of the kids probably have parents that are of the upmost ignorance. If you have a chance to offset it, there's nothing wrong with that. It sets a good example for your girl and gives a voice to kids who may otherwise not of had one. And realistically a sheltered child isn't going to be any better off when it comes time to confront the real world. Because of the global situation, it is going to become completely unavoidable to avoid troubling circumstances. Any hard times she might go through now in the long run will only make her stronger.

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm not gonna type whole stories that make no sense.

HotSauce
06-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Much of the homeschooling I plan on giving will have a lot to do with deprogramming and exposing lies from what they learned in school. I do not doubt one bit that the public education system is dumbing down a lot of people on purpose. I think that standardization testing is evidence of this. Based on my own experience, if that is the kind of standard that the school system is aiming for, then there are a lot of parents being cheated out of their tax dollars. (which I guess is true on many a level)

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Deprogramming lol. Sad.

HotSauce
06-13-2006, 01:04 AM
......but true.

Aqueous Moon
06-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Much of the homeschooling I plan on giving will have a lot to do with deprogramming and exposing lies from what they learned in school. I do not doubt one bit that the public education system is dumbing down a lot of people on purpose. I think that standardization testing is evidence of this. Based on my own experience, if that is the kind of standard that the school system is aiming for, then there are a lot of parents being cheated out of their tax dollars. (which I guess is true on many a level)

This is a very good perspective, cause you can teach the child how to recognize propaganda for themselves. They can learn how to truly think for themselves...

It takes a village though, right? Some of the kids probably have parents that are of the upmost ignorance. If you have a chance to offset it, there's nothing wrong with that. It sets a good example for your girl and gives a voice to kids who may otherwise not of had one. And realistically a sheltered child isn't going to be any better off when it comes time to confront the real world. Because of the global situation, it is going to become completely unavoidable to avoid troubling circumstances. Any hard times she might go through now in the long run will only make her stronger.

^^^This is also on point. I agree.

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 01:12 AM
School is just to keep people busy so that they can't do other things.

HotSauce
06-13-2006, 01:19 AM
I speak of america just cause that's where I happen to be. Could you expand on what you are saying here?^

GoddessAka Browngirl
06-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Work 2 never mind, find out yourself.

Aqueous Moon
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I see where you coming from.....

It's like Amerikkka is the body while Britain is the brain.

This reminds me of the stuff David Icke talks about, sans the reptiles....

Soul Controller
06-18-2006, 08:53 AM
education = indoctrinated

if u believe everything taught to u in the indoctrination system,
then indeed u r a FOOL

Kephrem
06-18-2006, 09:27 AM
education = indoctrinated

Hmm, the original ancient concept of "education" I think it goes without saying isn't related at all to the more modern 'indoctrinations' coming out of the school systems (let that be made clear here because you did equate the two), neither does the origin of the word "educate" originate with these 'indoctrinations'. (but for what you may be refering to here see the 3rd definition given below)

educate
1447, from L. educatus, pp. of educere "bring up, rear, educate," related to educere "bring out," from ex- "out" + ducere "to lead" (see duke). Meaning "provide schooling" is 1588. Educationese "the jargon of school administrators" is from 1966; educrat first attested 1968, usually pejorative, second element from bureaucrat (q.v.). Educable is from 1845. Educated guess first attested 1954.

Soul Controller
06-18-2006, 09:54 AM
people keep looking at america but anerica is a "corporation" of europe
specifically britan

the virgina corperation = the u.s.a

Soul Controller
06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
keph as ghandi once stated,

western education is good,,, in principle

Prince Rai
06-18-2006, 01:09 PM
1) ignorance is bliss... to certain limits
2) home schooling couldd potentially isolate you from society..
say you sent your kids to "normal" schools, and then in return complimented their lessons from school with more depth and truth from home, wont they be able to see society more clearer rather than confused..?? feeling me?

june181972
06-18-2006, 04:07 PM
The schools here in the U.S.A. are designed to occupy our time in a pseudo-productive manner, thus giving us less time to really get things accomplished.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Institutional education is designed to make you no longer rely on your own perspective, and turn you into a serial number in the societal database.

Kephrem
06-18-2006, 09:18 PM
keph as ghandi once stated,

western education is good,,, in principle

Ok, but what does that have to do with your blanket assertion that the word/terminology "education" translates into being "indoctrinated"??