PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop is dyin'?

tacle
06-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Is it?

Spectrum7glr
06-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Hip hop is dying because veterans are getting old (exemple: GZA is turning 40 years old this summer) and all the new rappers are commercial shit
Even if Wu-Tang is able to bring back that true hip hop sounds... it's going to be crazy but it won't last forever

Da Problem Child
06-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Hip hop is not dying in my opinion.East coasy hip hop is dying.The rest of these cities just starting to get a spark

Luther Large
06-17-2006, 05:10 PM
holy fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enuff with these threads

Spectrum7glr
06-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Hip hop is not dying in my opinion.East coasy hip hop is dying.The rest of these cities just starting to get a spark

name some with mc please

energizer
06-17-2006, 05:15 PM
holy fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enuff with these threads

co fucking sign

dat MF
06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah man you are like a little baby with these childish topics. Grow up homie!

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
06-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Hip-Hop is already dead!!! Its gonna take alot of shit to revive it!!!

KBOS
06-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey, I have a great idea! Lets shut the fuck up with these "HIP HOP IS DEAD" and "HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD" threads that we get every fucking day of the week.

I know that might be a little extream for some of you to handel, so im just putting that out there as an idea.

KBOS
06-17-2006, 08:37 PM

A. The east coast isn't a city

B. East coast hip-hop isn't dying

atlanta - plenty of mother fuckers
NYC - busta is huge right now, plenty of currently less famous mother fuckers are doing their thing.
Miami - Rick Ross even though I think he sucks
Boston - Plenty of ill underground artists doing their thing

THE W
06-17-2006, 08:42 PM
hiphop is not dying....your interest in it is.

i dont blame you.

Bone Collecta
06-17-2006, 11:01 PM
stop making the same topic a million times

tacle
06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
hiphop is not dying....your interest in it is.

Hold That.

HipHophead101
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
"Gangsta rap aint dead, it never died, It took steroids to the head and became Crooked I."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EeYQZYiZFM&search=crooked%20i

this is the only thing ive heard from crooked i but daaaamn

CherChezLaMarauder
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
*gives Hip Hop Cpr*

*no Response*

*smacks Hip Hop's Corpse*

36chambers
06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Hip Hop isnt dying

http://www.rocafella.com/images/uploaded/artist/photo/artist1/jay-gates-resized2.jpg

HipHophead101
06-27-2006, 12:16 PM
^^hahahahahahahahahahaha

Razorsharp
06-27-2006, 12:18 PM
^^lmao....

well... i think you have to explore the underground chief... mainstream/radio music isnt hip hop to me, but there are alot of underground cats that are definitely dope... peace

Razorsharp
06-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Check these Groups

Brooklyn Academy
Jedi Mind Tricks
Living Legends
Army Of The Pharoahs

and if u aint feelin that

dig in the crates... plenty of old shit to cop

Seborth
06-28-2006, 05:24 AM
I think Hip-Hop isn't dyin. There are many good MC's and producers in underground.

JackTrippa718JR
06-29-2006, 06:22 AM
It's not that hip hop is dying it's that radio stations paly the same 30 mainstream songs all fucking day

odot27
06-29-2006, 08:12 AM
yo you all have a really close minded view of hip hop man.... jus cuz something is mainstream doesnt mean its not good

50 Cent has a few god songs: Window Shopper (talks about his life growing up), also check Hate It Or Love It (talks about how poor they were growing up).... yo man, you cant jus base all your opinions on one ot two songs that u hear by a certain artist, thats jus wack. did u know that 50 Cent used to be all lyrical and shit? i bet you didnt, before he got signed to Aftermath he had a really dope album out, around 99-2000 i think, i forget the name tho.... look into it.

TI is not wack! dude has club songs but he also has street songs, plus he can rap! hes actually kinda witty if u listen close.

And if you're only feeling the Wu, u need to get out of your house dude.... I could give you like 20 albums to DL/buy that you'd probaby love to death! Hip Hop is not Dead/dying, far from it.... open up your mind a little!

Yo, u cant jus hate on these guys either, you dont know what they went thru in life man. Maybe they wanna be underground, and have some substance in there songs but in order to get payed to feed themselves and there family they have to change there style a little. Just like your dad/mom might hate his/her job, what if they hate what they're doing too, you never know. Can't knock the hustle....

Robert
06-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Fuck he wasnt lyrical that album is Power Of The Dollar or Guess Who's Back? and neither of those are lyrical imo

odot27
06-29-2006, 11:42 AM
yo he was more lyrical than he is now, im jus saying he didnt have anything to rap for then, he was tryna get signed. and now that he is, and he knows he wont get dropped theres no point putting effort into it

Andrewyaz@aol.com
06-29-2006, 01:22 PM
hey odot27, good point many people are closed minded, but i also agree that most shit out in the mainstream/radio world of hiphop is bs. And dont defend 50 cent with "he used to be lyrical." Just because he was lyrical doesn't mean he was good. And exactly how close do u have to listen to the guy, u have to search for clever lyrics. I mean don't hate him just because he's mainstream, but don't like him just because other people don't.

Visionz
06-29-2006, 01:29 PM
You wanna know who's dying?

YOur Mom is dyin.................

for my dick. j/p but this is really a tired ass topic.

The Antagonist
06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21758

Leave your mom's basement in your gated comminuty, then come back...fags.

tacle
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
^ haha, nice man.

tacle
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Fuck this thread right, i made it and i probably done wrong by makin' right, so by me makin' this thread, people have been switchin' and shit, well thats all good, i made this thread cause i ain't happy with alot of hip hop artists who be releasin' nothin' but crap, but ol well, i take it back when i said hip hop is dyin' cause i now know if i still enjoy it, it isn't dead, so there.

Fuck the name!

Oh and er.... antagonist sorry to get you out of your pram.

Cryin' like that, relax and calm down, a fat paragraph cryin', now that is a fag.

PANDA PISS
06-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Hip-Hop is already dead!!! Its gonna take alot of shit to revive it!!!
rzarectah?
problem is no-one reps the true school
only dilated peoples, p.u.t.s
cant really think of anyone else who makes straight up hip hop records other than wu

Eddie
06-29-2006, 07:27 PM
I just can't believe all the shit whats on the music stations, so many shit rappers out there for example: T.I., Young Geezy, 50 cent and a hell of alot more, i ain't heard one decent hip hop tune for ages, Wu-Tang is the only rappers i'm feelin' at the moment, who agrees with me, Hip Hop is dyin' for sure... the Wu really need to bring that rugged sound back, cause seriously that isn't hip hop out there.

T.I.S crack hes got lyricism whats killin hip hop is groups like D4L not g-unit not jeezy not t.i. Fucks matter wit yu. East Coast is going rise again newayz with Saigon coming out his mixtape is crack.

Dr Zayus
06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21758

Leave your mom's basement in your gated comminuty, then come back...fags.

Don't bother trying to get through to these fags, half of this forum can't believe that there's good music outside of hip-hop, let alone Wu-Tang and wack-ass-JMT

R3beLuTionAry
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
fuck this thread.

tacle
06-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Funny shit, this shit really gets to people, how sad.

Kenny Powers
06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
how many times are threads like this going to be posted?

tacle
06-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Arh, sorry man, i posted this, but now i kinda regret it, but fuck it, even you wanted to post on this.