PDA

View Full Version : Hyphy Movement

TSA
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
idk nor give a shit if there's alreay a thread about it, im too lazy to check but GOD DAMN that shit is GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY. It's by far teh corniest shit ever, and its tacky as hell it's like, a bunch of random attempts at starting fads thrown together. How the fuck are you supposed to start a Dread Shaking fad, when 1.0% of the country has dreads, plus E-40 is annoying (musically, but as a person he's mad niggerish), and it's the southernization of West coast music, which is disgraceful cause West's got it's own flavor, and it's not hyphy. I can't wait till this shit dies out, like next tuesday.

BLACKNEFERTITI07
06-19-2006, 10:41 AM
i'm feelin da hyphy movement. even though i'm not from the Bay but got peepz from da Bay, i've picked up on the lingo. man peepz on in da bay live, breathe and eat hyphy!!!!!! man the hyphy movent will never die!! IT'S HERE 2 STAY YADADADAMEAN??!?!?!

Cm0ney
06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
yeah fuck hyphy, west coast already has a sound

BLACKNEFERTITI07
06-19-2006, 11:17 AM
what's wrong wit the hyphy movement??? i think it's cool. why does everyone have 2 hate on it???

BIG D O
06-19-2006, 11:43 AM
hYPHY MOVEMENT IS STRAIGHT UP GAYNESS....

Buncha weird lookin, non-rappin ass negros who be poppin pills an shit...fuck the Hyphy movement....

I got A few friends who like that shit, but once they turn that shit on, I shut down...

BLACKNEFERTITI07
06-19-2006, 11:50 AM
HYPHY IS NEVER GONNA DIE IN DA BAY, ALL MY PEEPZ FROM DA BAY HOOKED ME UP ON THAT AND I'M LOVIN IT!!! HANDS DOWN HYPHY ISN'T GAY TO THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, YADADADADADADAMEAN??? I HALLA!!

JackTrippa718JR
06-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah i think it's pretty gay too. I seen that video with that meatball trying to win a spelling bee spelling the word Hyphy. I wondr if he ended up winning that spelling bee.

Razorsharp
06-19-2006, 12:49 PM
im live in the heart of the bay area music... and i say
"FUCK IT!!!!!!!"

TSA
06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
HYPHY IS NEVER GONNA DIE IN DA BAY, ALL MY PEEPZ FROM DA BAY HOOKED ME UP ON THAT AND I'M LOVIN IT!!! HANDS DOWN HYPHY ISN'T GAY TO THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, YADADADADADADAMEAN??? I HALLA!!

Hyphy's gay dude, admit it, its just a bunch of corny attempts at fads through together, like, you have to really go out of your way to be hyphy, if you dance regular your regular, but if you dance on top of a car, with stunner shades on, shaking your dreads, your hyphy, come on, that's gay, it's like someone sat down and when, yo duke i need a movement, how about you do this and this and this and that, and just pasted a bunch of gay shit together

Dough Snatcher
06-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah it is pretty lame, but im sayin at least its drowning out the crime level out there. Niggas just found something better to do with there time i guess.

Oh and yeah i made a thread about this already, but whatever...

KBOS
06-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah it is pretty lame, but im sayin at least its drowning out the crime level out there. Niggas just found something better to do with there time i guess.

Oh and yeah i made a thread about this already, but whatever...

OH BOY! My gangster commrads, I have a genuis idea! Instead of gang banging lets grow dread locks and shake them like we have down syndrome.... YAY its hyphy!!!!!!

snapple
06-19-2006, 11:45 PM
too short was dope, the hierogliphics crew, im not too familiar with the bay area or whatsgood with that scene.

Rebel_INS
06-20-2006, 05:40 AM
im live in the heart of the bay area music... and i say
"FUCK IT!!!!!!!"

Well said haha....... Everyone in cali all over that wack shit

Unforgiven
06-20-2006, 06:15 AM
idk nor give a shit if there's alreay a thread about it, im too lazy to check but GOD DAMN that shit is GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY. It's by far teh corniest shit ever, and its tacky as hell it's like, a bunch of random attempts at starting fads thrown together. How the fuck are you supposed to start a Dread Shaking fad, when 1.0% of the country has dreads, plus E-40 is annoying (musically, but as a person he's mad niggerish), and it's the southernization of West coast music, which is disgraceful cause West's got it's own flavor, and it's not hyphy. I can't wait till this shit dies out, like next tuesday.

E40 has always been different then anybody on the the westcoast and what the fuck is the hyphy movement? I don't watch BET or MTV....

TUCO
06-20-2006, 08:12 AM
that dope to listen to....aint evrything gotta be about supreme lyricism
just kick back and go dumb yo

BLACKNEFERTITI07
06-20-2006, 08:28 AM
E40 has always been different then anybody on the the westcoast and what the fuck is the hyphy movement? I don't watch BET or MTV....

if:=) :=) :=) :hooray: :hooray: you guys get Vibe magazine in Canada, pick up the latest edition wit Outkast on the front. there's an article about the hyphy movement. i read and it's all real in The Bay.

i really like the hyphy movement. if i was on da west coast, i wouldn't mind ghostriding and wearing my stunna shades, etc.

so pick up the new copy of Vibe magazine and read that article. it's really interesting and fun 2 learn about the hyphy movement YADADADADAMEAN??? I HALLA!!!:=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

SKANK HILL
06-20-2006, 08:31 AM
what the fuck is it?

Os3y3ris
06-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Hyphy is retarded. Shaking dreads? Dancing on top of cars? Shit is stupid.

SKANK HILL
06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
i still dont understand it, shaking dreads has what to do with music? is it more actions than rap or wot the fuck, where can i read up on this shit,theres like 1 person defending it and 10 ppl annilhating it lol

Dr Zayus
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
WTC hates on hyphy because it's not Wu-Tang. Deadset, none of these people have anything resembling a wide range of musical taste so don't even bother discussing it unless it's Wu-Tang 93-97 or some gay ass underground nerd shit like JMT :loser:

Da Problem Child
06-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I could of sworn Mac Dre started the Hyphy movement

Dr Zayus
06-20-2006, 09:17 AM
I remember when I first heard about Mac Dre a couple of years back when he dropped that Dreganomics & Genie in the Lamp shit on the same day and I copped em both on a whim.. those albums were fuckin comedy! Still bump them today

SKANK HILL
06-20-2006, 10:02 AM
wtf how the fuck is JMT gay ass shit?

stak84
06-20-2006, 01:26 PM
okay first of all if your european shut the fuck up because you know nothing of hip hop if it aint on some abstract shit cuz yall cant under
stand it, your from europe so nothing most rappers say is prevelant to
to anything you could understand

its not west coast music its bay music fucksticks, just cuz its from
cali doesnt mean it has to sound all g funk and synthesized

yall are so fuckin brainwashed and narrow minded that you cant understand that the shit these fools rap about is what reallly goes
down in the bay so its not bullshit thats how people are these days

and no jedi mind tricks isnt too gay but thats all the fags on this site
listen to is abstract shit with big words about nothing really

you dont like it dont listen to it, that shit is hot LONG LIVE THE BAY
YADADADADAIMEEEEEN!

Da Problem Child
06-20-2006, 05:10 PM
okay first of all if your european shut the fuck up because you know nothing of hip hop if it aint on some abstract shit cuz yall cant under

roflmao.That shit was to funny

Dr Zayus
06-20-2006, 07:01 PM

its not west coast music its bay music fucksticks, just cuz its from
cali doesnt mean it has to sound all g funk and synthesized

yall are so fuckin brainwashed and narrow minded that you cant understand that the shit these fools rap about is what reallly goes
down in the bay so its not bullshit thats how people are these days

and no jedi mind tricks isnt too gay but thats all the fags on this site
listen to is abstract shit with big words about nothing really

you dont like it dont listen to it, that shit is hot LONG LIVE THE BAY
YADADADADAIMEEEEEN!

Put ya stunna shades on!

Dr Zayus
06-20-2006, 07:06 PM
wtf how the fuck is JMT gay ass shit?
1 good album is what makes them a bunch of fags. Stoupe fell off with the beats and that fat dude only raps about faggots and islam in the same fuckin voice all fuckin day long, quite clearly a closet faggot. theres heaps better underground shit yall could be listenin to like lyrics born & the rest of the quannum crew, hiero (even though some of their shit stinks), spank rock, fuck it anything with some fun attached but nah, they don't throw together words tryna be abstract like RZA but coming off as wankers so they must not be any good

stak84
06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
true vinnie paz sucks dick, i cant stand that fool

peace zayus, set these fools straight

The Lost Prophet
06-20-2006, 07:58 PM
on the real, DR ZAYUS should just stop talking and for STAK84.......well ur just hella white and from the bay so i cant hold anything u say against u........THIZZ FACE!!!!!!!!

KBOS
06-21-2006, 12:05 AM
FUCK IT!!!! Another day another ducat! From here to nantucket emceeeeeeeees kick tha BUCKET!!!!

KBOS
06-21-2006, 12:19 AM
FUCK IT!!!! Another day another ducat! From here to nantucket emceeeeeeeees kick tha BUCKET!!!!

Really? Is that so? Rather interesting, from this exact location to nantucket emcees kick the bucket? Jolly good news!

KBOS
06-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Really? Is that so? Rather interesting, from this exact location to nantucket emcees kick the bucket? Jolly good news!

It is true indeed my friend, if you check any map with geographical features you will see clearly that from where you're standing right at this very moment, directly to nantucket, a high percentage of emcees will likely be kicking the bucket.

Keep in mind that Iím rugged ruff flooooow-in up till I bust, while other rappers is flatter than a white girlís butt.

KBOS
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I am so high right now

Dr Zayus
06-21-2006, 12:44 AM
on the real, DR ZAYUS should just stop talking and for STAK84.......well ur just hella white and from the bay so i cant hold anything u say against u........THIZZ FACE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's too bad I couldn't do Vinnie Paz' knowledge about shooting faggots and praying to Allah while shooting faggots and eating KFC and praying to Allah while eating KFC or whatever the fuck else he raps about. Go listen to something outside underground NY hip-hop then come back

The Lost Prophet
06-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, it's too bad I couldn't do Vinnie Paz' knowledge about shooting faggots and praying to Allah while shooting faggots and eating KFC and praying to Allah while eating KFC or whatever the fuck else he raps about. Go listen to something outside underground NY hip-hop then come back

oh thats so cute, u think u know me. i never said vinnie paz was good, on the real, i think the dude is decent. but stoupe is amazing, dont get that twisted. he was the first producer to lead canibus to that true level of greatness. that is and was probably one of the hardest things to do in the history hip-hop (u really need to think about that). by the way, i live in sacramento and ALL my friends listen to hyphy music. i personally think that music is absolutely garbage unless ur fucked up. and not to sound like a parent (cuz im not), but that kind of music is really a bad influence

p.s. my friend donald who smokes weed every day, does alot of coke and E every now and then, who only listens to hyphy music. he was in my car one time listening to nas "lost tapes" and he said "amir listens to like real music. the beats and versus r more complete and shit. we (our other friend braiden was in the car at the time) just listen to abunch of black people screaming about drugs and violence over a beat."

staycreepin_n_silence
06-21-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't have a problem with it. What I notice is that people around here bash anything that has the capability to capture a large fan base. At the same time the big up bullshit so I live days way for cali but I respect the huslte and do the damn thing. If you don't like hyphy oh well nobody is forcing you but if wu jumps on the bang wagon and try to use that to sell a few records out there, don't change your minds considering most of you do not think for yourself so that's really a understatement.

brown_dogg
06-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Lyrics Born is pretty sick. Same !@#$ Different Day is an album worth picking up. Bay area stuff, but I'm not sure if it's hyphy..

Dr Zayus
06-21-2006, 03:16 AM
oh thats so cute, u think u know me. i never said vinnie paz was good, on the real, i think the dude is decent. but stoupe is amazing, dont get that twisted. he was the first producer to lead canibus to that true level of greatness. that is and was probably one of the hardest things to do in the history hip-hop (u really need to think about that). by the way, i live in sacramento and ALL my friends listen to hyphy music. i personally think that music is absolutely garbage unless ur fucked up. and not to sound like a parent (cuz im not), but that kind of music is really a bad influence

p.s. my friend donald who smokes weed every day, does alot of coke and E every now and then, who only listens to hyphy music. he was in my car one time listening to nas "lost tapes" and he said "amir listens to like real music. the beats and versus r more complete and shit. we (our other friend braiden was in the car at the time) just listen to abunch of black people screaming about drugs and violence over a beat."

15 years ago ALL hip-hop was a bad influence. 40 years ago psychedelic rock was a bad influence. 45 years ago it was considered vulgar to mention sex on a record. 50 years ago rock & roll was devil music. See where I'm going with this? It's fine and good to listen to Nas but you need a balance in your music otherwise you'll come off as a pretentious prick, like most 'true' hip-hop heads, or as nothing but an ignant fool, like people who listen exclusively to crunk. Shit, all i'm saying is there's a place for certain music - listen to jmt if you like, but does it sound good coming out of a subwoofer in your ride? nah, thats what crunk, hyphy & anthems are for. thats where you get the full effect of the music. if you want to listen to complex and in-depth hip-hop, listen to that shit on your headphones because it's not about volume there, it's about depth. no lie, about 80% of the people on this board must not even drive a goddamn car, considering how badly they shit on music they have no clue about.

But I'll agree with you on Stoupe/Canibus. Rip The Jacker is hot album, no doubt, but I ain't seein that in stoupe's beats recently. i thought visions of ghandi was weak and i haven't even bothered to listen to the last album they put out

The Lost Prophet
06-21-2006, 04:31 AM
15 years ago ALL hip-hop was a bad influence. 40 years ago psychedelic rock was a bad influence. 45 years ago it was considered vulgar to mention sex on a record. 50 years ago rock & roll was devil music. See where I'm going with this? It's fine and good to listen to Nas but you need a balance in your music otherwise you'll come off as a pretentious prick, like most 'true' hip-hop heads, or as nothing but an ignant fool, like people who listen exclusively to crunk. Shit, all i'm saying is there's a place for certain music - listen to jmt if you like, but does it sound good coming out of a subwoofer in your ride? nah, thats what crunk, hyphy & anthems are for. thats where you get the full effect of the music. if you want to listen to complex and in-depth hip-hop, listen to that shit on your headphones because it's not about volume there, it's about depth. no lie, about 80% of the people on this board must not even drive a goddamn car, considering how badly they shit on music they have no clue about.

But I'll agree with you on Stoupe/Canibus. Rip The Jacker is hot album, no doubt, but I ain't seein that in stoupe's beats recently. i thought visions of ghandi was weak and i haven't even bothered to listen to the last album they put out

yea the hyphy music is fine when ur fucked up but when im seeing 13 year old kids running around thizzen out and shit, i have to ask "where is this kid getting his influence" and on the real, music does influence people to a certain extent. thats y we r all on this board

rip the jacker came after visions of ghandi and i thought that album was pretty good. i like jmt when im in a real shitty ignorant mood

Dr Zayus
06-21-2006, 04:43 AM
yea the hyphy music is fine when ur fucked up but when im seeing 13 year old kids running around thizzen out and shit, i have to ask "where is this kid getting his influence" and on the real, music does influence people to a certain extent. thats y we r all on this board

rip the jacker came after visions of ghandi and i thought that album was pretty good. i like jmt when im in a real shitty ignorant mood

Explicit Lyrics warnings are on music for a reason, and its not the artists job to censor themselves so parents can sleep easier at night. If 13 year olds are running around throwin up thizz faces to that shit and their parents don't like that then they've only got themselves to blame

Visions of Ghandi came out before rip the jacker? i thought it was the other way around, oh well.. i like rip the jacker more because stoupe obviously focused his sound, vog was really all over the place and lyricall it's ass

Razorsharp
06-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Jus Allah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hyphy movement

Dr Zayus
06-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Jus Allah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hyphy movement

put some $$$ into your car speakers and say that

snapple
06-21-2006, 10:36 AM
ja rule would merk jus allah

WuBanga36
06-21-2006, 11:38 AM
ja rule would merk jus allah

^ Lol! Maybe in one's dreams.

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Hyphy Movement is ill, original! I rather join them than Lean with it, Rock with it snap you fingers..... Them southern dances are for women not dudes. That A-Town stomp is for the fellas

AcidPhosphate69
07-03-2006, 05:43 PM
To hate on music is to hate on the art as a whole. For real, music is for all kinds of different things whether it be a mood, a person, background, etc. You bump what you feelin' at the moment regardless of how "respected" it is by elitest hip-hop heads. Shit dude, I'll listen to Nas and BCC all day but go to a party and try bumping that shit. You need the dumb shit sometimes.

R3beLuTionAry
07-03-2006, 05:49 PM

its not a fad, its been around

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
its a bay thing, im not into it, but i can understand why people do, it gets you hyped up, and you feel like dancing

you would really need to come over here to understand it

oldie
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
whats the hyphy movement?

The Antagonist
07-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Shut your bitch asses up. You guys live in your mom's basment so just shut your mouth and quit talking.

E40...the shit
Doey Rock....the shit
Keak....the shit
HYPHY MOVEMENT....the shit

Please, just shut up you basement dwelling computer loving nerdy peices of shit.