PDA

View Full Version : My Gangstalicious Trip To China

MaShPG
06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
:W Wu Corp. So very soon I'm leaving for China. It's a two week trip and just me and my Dad. My Dad works a lot, so we don't get much time together, so when he asked me during the year where I wanted to go on vacation, I had to decide between Africa and China. You guessed it...I picked China. Probably because Chinese culture (especially religions of China) fascinate me. So here it is, my trip to China:

DAY 1 (Depart USA)
Depart on American Airlines new non-stop flight across the Pacific and the International Dateline to Shanghai.

DAY 2 (Arrive SHANGHAI)
Arrive in Shanghai's Pudong Airport. On the way in, visit Pudong and the TV Tower for a panoramic view of the city. This evening have an early dinner and see a performance of the Shanghai Acrobats.

DAY 3 (Shanghai/Tunxi)
Visit the Bund, the Yu Garden and Old Town, the Jade Buddha Temple, and the Shanghai Museum, a world-class museum with a wonderful collection of bronzes, jade, pottery, and ceramics. In the late afternoon go back to Pudong and the terminus of the Mag-Lev Train. Take the magnetic levitation high speed train at speeds up to 530 mph floating to the airport in about 7 minutes. Take an evening flight to Tunxi (Huangshan).

DAY 4 (Huangshan)
Drive to Yixian County to visit Hongcun and explore the preserved town used as a setting in the film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". Also stop at another Huizhou style town, Nanping, the site of the film of "Ju Dou". Continue to Huangshan and take the cable car up to the top. Sightseeing on the mountain top the rest of the day.

DAY 5 (Huangshan/Tunxi)
Early in the morning get up to see the sun rise over a "sea of clouds". Continue to hike on Huangshan then take the cable car down and drive back to Tunxi. Visit the ancient street including the Ink Factory.

DAY 6 (Tunxi/Hangzhou)
Drive from the hills near Tunxi to Hangzhou, a honeymoon city located on scenic West Lake. On the way, visit examples of the glorious Huizhou architecture of the Ming and Qing dynasties, especially Tangyue Village with its 7 Memorial Arches. Also stop at Zhangi, a village that flourished in the Ming Dynasty.

DAY 7 (Hangzhou/Xi'an)
Cruise on West Lake. Visit Lingyin Temple, the Pagoda of Six Harmonies, a famous tea plantation and take a tour of a silk factory where you can see the process of silk manufacturing. In the late evening fly to one of the ancient capitals of China. Xi'an is famous for its archeological discoveries.

DAY 8 (Xi'an)
The highlight of Xi'an sightseeing is the excavation Museum of Terra Cotta Warriors. Also visit Huaqing Hot Springs. Return to Xi'an and visit the new Provincial Museum famous for its "Forest of Stele" and the Great Mosque and Moslem area. This evening enjoy a Dumpling dinner and theatre performance of Tang Dynasty Song & Dance.

DAY 9 (Xi'an/Luoyang)
Early in the morning go to Small Wild Goose Pagoda to see morning exercises and the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, both of the Tang Dynasty period. Take a day train to Luoyang, passing through the loessal plains of Shaanxi Province.

DAY 10 (Luoyang)
In Luoyang, tour to Longmen (Dragon Gate), Luoyang Museum in Guandi Temple and visit Baimasi (White Hourse Temple).

DAY 11 (Luoyang/Shaolin)
Drive to Dengfeng, a small town near the gates of Shaolin Temple. Spend most of the day at Shaolin Temple. This is the place where Buddhists first developed the martial arts known to many as 'kungfu' and from which exercises known as 'taijichuan' were derived.

Day 12 (Shaolin/Beijing)
Drive to Zhengzhou and fly to Beijing. Tour this afternoon to the Temple of Heaven, and then to a 'hutong' area of traditional Northern Chinese courtyard homes. This evening enjoy a Martial Arts performance.

Day 13 (Beijing)
China's cultural and political center, sightseeing today features Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City's Palace Museum, and a tour of the Summer Palace. Visit Laoshe Teahouse this evening for entertainment and refreshments in a traditional Qing dynasty style environment.

DAY 14 (Beijing)
Take an excursion outside the city to the Great Wall Mutianyu and the 13 Tombs of the Ming Emperors. Dinner features Peking Duck followed by a performance of Beijing Opera Highlights.

Day 15 (Beijing/USA)
Relax in the early morning. Transfer to airport for a flight to Shanghai's Pudong Airport and connect to your American Airlines' return flight to Chicago, arriving the same day you depart.

WOW. And then I relax back at home for a week, and then go off to be a camp counselor for a month. Needless to say, this will be an amazing trip I'll remember for the rest of the life. Have any of you been to any of these places? I know I've seen a couple of posters on WTC that live in China, your thoughts? I'm so fucking amped up for this trip! I just don't know how well WTC will survive without me...

100pr00f
06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
damn sounds cool

how much will the over all money spent be...

i would do something like this but i wanna go with some one haha

one day ill check into it

MaShPG
06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
let's just say a lot...i actually don't know, my dad handled the financials. we've been saving up for it for a while now, should be amazing. i'll also bring my Tao Te Ching and finally try to decipher it in its homeland...

Bedlam
06-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Just go around asking people if they know the art of shadowboxing, or start screaming TIGER STYLE. Or some other Wu related idiocy. Should be a good trip

Unforgiven
06-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Just go around asking people if they know the art of shadowboxing, or start screaming TIGER STYLE. Or some other Wu related idiocy. Should be a good trip

Probably something I'd do, or purposely fuck up words from the english-to-chinese dictionary, try to score some hot asian poon, maybe see a lil' hiri-kiri if im lucky lol. Congrats on the trip though, thats gotta be some expensive shit, what made you so interested in chinese culture? Is it your background? JW.....

VernakuLa
06-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Probably something I'd do, or purposely fuck up words from the english-to-chinese dictionary, try to score some hot asian poon, maybe see a lil' hiri-kiri if im lucky lol....

haha, that sounds funny as shit

MaShPG
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
what made you so interested in chinese culture? Is it your background? JW.....
No. I've just always been intrigued by Asian culture, especially their religion. If somebody asked me my religion I'd probably say Taoism, and Buddhism is very interesting to me too. Same with Confucianism. Not to mention China's history, they've always been such a strong civilization. Plus this year I took an Asian Studies class, which only intrigued me more. In the end I had to decide between Africa (probably South Africa), Spain, or China. I chose China. Should be an amazing trip.

And yo doesn't hiri-kiri mean suicide?

FrenchShin
06-22-2006, 10:16 PM
hara-kiri. in japanese, not chinese.

too bad you'll the WuDang Shan. but i guess it wouldn't have been the same kind of trip, you have to walk a lot and all.

have a good trip.

Bloo
06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Cool, you'll have to let us know if authentic chineese food is as greasy as american chineese food.

Unforgiven
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't Chinese people eat animals/humans?

Bloo
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Mainly cats and chickens

Unforgiven
06-22-2006, 11:20 PM
When my dog won't shut the fuck up, I threaten him with a overnight FedEX trip to China...usually tell him they'll go right for the paws then I try to grab him but he books it like a nigga stole my bike!

FrenchShin
06-23-2006, 01:04 AM
by the way, Taoism is not such a religion... more like a lifestyle or a philosophy.

Sicka than aidZ
06-23-2006, 01:13 AM
most boring thread i ever skipped, have fun mash

mashqauck
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
most boring thread i ever skipped, have fun mash

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dog mash china is fucking fun as fuck son

I didn't read this thread

did you go already or are you going?

where the pics

Razorsharp