PDA

View Full Version : The Difference Between Nigga and Nigger written by Phonte

MaShPG
06-23-2006, 03:31 AM
what's that? you don't know who Phonte is? Heres why you don't know him:

"Black folks saying that I'm too intelligent, and white folks saying I'm a little too niggerish."

anywayz, here it is, off his blog...some real shit.

I'mma show y'all the difference between niggas and niggers.....

As most of you have noticed, I've taken the liberty of adding the -er back to the end of one of Black people's most beloved words: nigga.

Now generally speaking, the rule goes that 'nigga' is a term of endearment while 'nigger' is a racial slur used to describe the ignorant, shuffling, happily uninformed monkeys that roam the streets everyday under the guise of Black people.

To be fair, I'll admit that all niggas have nigger tendencies. Every Black person has at one time or another exhibited nigger behavior either because A, it just felt good (talkin' loud as fuck during a movie), or B, the situation called for it (cussin out your child's racist math teacher at a PTA meeting).

There's nothing wrong with bringing out your inner nigger every once in a while, but when that shit permeates your life on a consistant basis, and you find yourself consciously doing and/or saying ignorant shit more than half the time? My nigga, you's a nigger. And its time for us as Black people to cut the bullshit and call niggers out when we see 'em. We're the only ones who can save ourselves, and that starts by policing ourselves and not condoning ignorance. That whole bandwagon, 'supportin a nigga just cause he black' shit has got to stop.

I know many apologist niggers would say that my line of thinking is just another way of separating Black people, and that I'm simply a pawn in the white man's game of divide and conquer.

Miss me with that bullshit. Seriously.

Call me whatever you want, but I don't consider every person of color to automatically be my 'brother' or 'sister' just because we got the same skin tone and nose shape. I deal with people PERIOD. And if you're not a person that's trying to better yourself and be a positive force in this world then I ain't fuckin with you. White, black, or whoever.....

I love my Black people to death. I swear I do. But niggers done let me down yo......even moreso than white folks have. I say that because white and Black race relations in this country have always been volatile at worst, and uneasy at best. I mean, we were brought to this country in CHAINS, for God's sake. So like most niggas, I EXPECT white folks to rob me, steal from me, plot my downfall, and just try to fuck me over in general, cause its the American way. Call me crazy for expecting better treatment from my OWN people.......

Its time for us to be Black folks and cut this nigger shit out. I'mma always love my niggas, but niggers? Fuck 'em yo. What's the difference you might ask?

Nigga- sells dope
Nigger- PROUDLY sells dope

Nigga- goes to jail
Nigger- goes BACK to jail

Nigga- distrusts the white man
Nigger- BLAMES the white man

Nigga- listens to coke rap
Nigger- DEFENDS coke rap

Nigga- loves self
Nigger- equates self-love to being 'bougie' and self-hate to being 'hood'

I could go on forever but I think y'all get the point.

What got me thinking about all this was watching "Block Party" last night and listening to that part where Wyclef was talking to the kids in the marching band. The one thing that stood out to me was when he told them niggas, "Fuck that, get yours." I respect 'Clef for that. Dude came to the country and barely spoke English. Fuck that, get yours. Didn't blame the white man, didn't make excuses, he just honed his talent and made something of himself. Fuck that, get yours.

Niggers could learn alot from that.

Let's all do better, y'all.

Tay

word. And on that note, I'm going to China to get mine. Peace.

MaShPG
06-23-2006, 03:39 AM
...you didn't read any of that did you?

Aqueous Moon
06-23-2006, 03:58 AM
It's aight....... except for the part where he says that Wyclef made something of himself.

Wycelf really just made him some money. Cuz Amerikkka is full of white niggers.

So old boy coulda saved all that 'nigger' talk and just said C.R.E.A.M.

Bloo
06-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Tay always has words man. I respect his opinions. Chris Rock kinda hinted at this about 10 years ago though.

But on the real, it's a word. You gonna have people who abuse it (like most of ya'll on this board that don't have a drop of black blood in your veins) and people who use it when the situation calls for it. Everyone has "Niggerish" tendances though cause I've seen white folks fly off the handle too, that's just a natural human reaction. But like Tay said, it's the Nigger that does it constantly in conscience thought.

Personally I don't like people using it around me or even referring to me as I've been called that too many times by others out of disrespect. To each his own, but on the real I ain't nobody's nigga.

MaShPG
06-23-2006, 04:07 AM

can you elaborate on this please. i don't understand why you think clef didn't make anything of himself.

Bloo
06-23-2006, 04:11 AM
It's aight....... except for the part where he says that Wyclef made something of himself.

So old boy coulda saved all that 'nigger' talk and just said C.R.E.A.M.

And with that said made something of himself. There are thousands of people that have lived in America all their lives and can't do what Clef is doing. There're are thousands, black and white, that wish there were where he is right now. He's made it, we all diserve to make it, but as long as you go on blaming whitey for you not being shit then you're just fucking yourself. Ask any sucessful black person in america how they got where they were I bet not one of them will say it was due to their resentment of whites.

Fuck whitey, if you wanna be something you can be, the only thing holding black people back now is black people.

Aqueous Moon
06-23-2006, 04:26 AM
can you elaborate on this please. i don't understand why you think clef didn't make anything of himself.

It irks me that black people think getting money accomplishes something important when we still are locked in an oppressive capitalist system.

The cycle just continues....the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Wyclef made some money and somebody else made even more money off of Wyclef, and at the top of the food chain is some caucasian executive or even higher up the IRS, the feds, the jews...... and so on.

Aqueous Moon
06-23-2006, 04:28 AM
And with that said made something of himself. There are thousands of people that have lived in America all their lives and can't do what Clef is doing. There're are thousands, black and white, that wish there were where he is right now. He's made it, we all diserve to make it, but as long as you go on blaming whitey for you not being shit then you're just fucking yourself. Ask any sucessful black person in america how they got where they were I bet not one of them will say it was due to their resentment of whites.

Fuck whitey, if you wanna be something you can be, the only thing holding black people back now is black people.

aight...I just don't agree wit that. But, it's Peace

Bloo
06-23-2006, 04:31 AM
The cycle just continues....the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Wyclef made some money and somebody else made even more money off of Wyclef, and at the top of the food chain is some caucasian executive or even higher up the IRS, the feds, the jews...... and so on.

It's always been like that and that's never gonna change. I'm done with being bothered with the white man being on top. As long as I have enough to get my house, my car and whatever little creature comforts along the way then so what? If you look at it that way then you might as well not work at all cause no matter what job it is or how much you're making someone is making more off of you.

Aqueous Moon
06-23-2006, 04:41 AM
It's always been like that and that's never gonna change. I'm done with being bothered with the white man being on top. As long as I have enough to get my house, my car and whatever little creature comforts along the way then so what? If you look at it that way then you might as well not work at all cause no matter what job it is or how much you're making someone is making more off of you.

It's not about someone making more than me....I care about the poor, my people are overwhelmingly poor.

Why should I want to just make enough money for me and mines and leave the next generations to be oppressed by the system. Alot of Blacks don't make it out of the system, a lot of them don't even get a chance.

And after the hundreds of years of torture that we have been through, we need someone to look out for us. The whiteman ain't go do it, he tryna make that money for him and his.

MaShPG
06-23-2006, 04:44 AM
It irks me that black people think getting money accomplishes something important when we still are locked in an oppressive capitalist system.

Ok, but I mean that's the system. We can't expect Clef to tear down a system that has been instilled in our society for...forever. Clef went from rags to riches, and he never had to conform his message. He educated the youth (peep his track "If I Was President") and spit some underground shit while gaining mainstream superstardom. For the most part, I agree with BlooHook when he said the only thing holding black people back is themselves. The only thing holding everybody back is themselves, maybe physically there are obstacles but these can be overcome spiritually and mentally by knowledge.

Bloo
06-23-2006, 04:47 AM
I agree with that for the most part. Those that can give back definately should. But honestly, a lot of blacks can't make it out cause they don't want to, either that or they wouldn't know what to do once they got out. It's deeper than just blacks not being able to make it cause of oppression. Cause there are whites that can't make it either due to the same reasons.

The motherfuckers on top don't give a damn what color you are. They care about how much you make and if they can benefit from it. I love my black people too but you can't save everybody. So before I start trying to move my people out the ghetto, I gotta make sure I can get my own family out first.