PDA

View Full Version : help with eBay

tancen
06-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Hi, about 2-3 weeks ago, i ordered two sweathers from ebay. I haven't yet recieved them, and i am starting to wonder where they are... i contacted my local post office and they said that i needed some sort of number that i should have gotten. But i never got any number or confirmation email at all from this seller, but on my ebay, it says that i have bought them, and i got an email from pay pal that confirmed that i had paid for them. Earlier, i have ordered things on amazon, and one day after the order, i recieved a referance number, and a week later, the items came. I'm new to ebay, and i dont really understand how it works.. the whole paypal, ebay, and private seller thing really confuses me, i dont know whos responsible, and who i have to contact :dead: So far, i have to say that amazon is a much better place to buy stuff...

Help plz

ShaDynasty
06-23-2006, 07:35 AM
as long as you have reputable sellers youll be alright
firstly, is it an overseas order cos they can take longer, second have you sent a private message to the seller (contact seller on my ebay)
i recomend you email him and hold on for a week or 2 depending on the response
when i email cats on ebay they usually give me a good response

tancen
06-23-2006, 07:38 AM
ok thx... yes, the order is from usa to europe, and i sendt the seller a message on my ebay earlier today. should i send him an email too?

ShaDynasty
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
no dont worry he should get the message and e-mail back
im not sure what you do if you have to claim your money back, but theres procedure on the site somewhere, sellers usually hate bad feedback so theyll usually give your money back

tancen
06-23-2006, 07:42 AM
ok thx.. hehe feel much better

crass
06-23-2006, 12:28 PM
if he does not respond to you and you don't get the merchandise in like a week, write him and warn him you are going to file a claim.

also, check the auction you won to to make sure that there isn't a disclaimer that says, "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

the post office can fuck up too. i won a record on 2/6 and it didn't arrive until mid-april, even though it was postmarked 2/9.

the main thing you gotta do is keep in contact (email) and if he doesn't respond and you don't get your merchandise, go ahead and file a claim.

Dae Ja Nae
06-23-2006, 03:20 PM
I LOVE ebay ... I'm sorta addicted, I swear ...

If your merchandise isn't received in a timely manor you can always file a charge back through paypal to get your funds back. It always helps to make sure that the person your buying from has a reputible track record to. I only purchase from sellers that have a feedback score of at least 99.7% or higher (eventhough mine is only like 96.7% or something like that ... O:| ... lol) ... but yeah,send that warning letter as one of the posters above suggested and if you don't hear anything form them, request that charge back. If you want some more indepth details, send me a pm, I'll be glad to help ... I know ebay like the back of my hand ... ;) *D ...

Peace

Razorsharp
06-23-2006, 03:35 PM
jus email the guy, hopefully they arent trying to fuck you over, or its better to message him on Ebay... regarding your item... peace