PDA

View Full Version : Wii or PS3? What will be better?

Icurus
06-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Just wondering what you guys think? Please be very real and bash or praise either systems. Talk about the good and the bad. This is war, Nintendo's Wii or Sony's PS3.

Cuchulain
06-26-2006, 11:27 AM
you could buy a 360 and a wii for the price of ps3.
i've never owned a ps or a ninetendo machine, was always a mad sega fan (love arcade games) and then went across to xbox cos i love third person shooters and wanted halo. if i had to choose between wii and ps3 i'd probably go for ps3 cos i don't like the look of the controller for wii and haven't seen any decent games previewed for it. plus i'd love to play devil may cry 3. i've got a 360 though. haven't been overly impressed, infact i've been greatly disapointed. have only bought one good game for it - graw - but i hven't seen a huge jump up from late xbox titles. still i'm excited about lots of the forthcoming titles for the 360.

Wu-Tality
06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Dunno if you could say one will be better than the other, Ps3 + Wii would make a great combo :)

Frontal Lobotomy
06-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I can see myself owning both, but I'll get a PS3 first, MGS 4 and a new ISS pretty much mean I'll have to

Icurus
06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
[quote=morrigan]. if i had to choose between wii and ps3 i'd probably go for ps3 cos i don't like the look of the controller for wii and haven't seen any decent games previewed for it.

Really, cause I have seen alot of great wii titles. I have seen more nintendo games than PS3.

Orion Nebulus
06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
PS3 clearly will be the better system...but the Wii will be much cheaper. Nintendo has always been reasonable with the prices. So I wont be copping the PS3 anytime soon when it comes out...due to the ridiculous price. I'll settle for the Wii and the PS2 till the price drops. :)

Frontal Lobotomy
06-26-2006, 02:39 PM
On the Wii, how long will it be before the servers are up to download the ROMs from previous systems, and how much will it cost?

born invincible
06-26-2006, 03:49 PM
first off... i will be buying both. reason?

PS3 = MGS 4

Wii = Legend of Zelda Twighlight Princess

thats enuff reason for me...

altho i wont be buying the PS3 right at launch because MGS 4 wont be available till sometime in 2007..

if Zelda is available at the Wii launce then im bagging it...

PS3 vs. Wii

cant really compare the 2... 2 different machines.

obviously the PS3 is the more superior of the 2.. but for true fans out there.. some games will be exclusive to the PS3 and Wii.. so basically if you wanna play the game... your outta luck unless you get both systems.. or you could always rent the systems perhaps.

Wii has Mario and Zelda.. both are and will probably always be exclusive to Nintendo.. as is with the MGS saga..

in terms of graphics.. PS3 wins. check out the results from this years E3. most will agree that the Wii's graphics are slightly better than Gamecubes... but in my opinion, graphics arent everything. the new innovative controller is something that may change the way we get our game on... that remains to be seen.

Sony has just announced that the PS3 will have a motion sensory input to their controller aswell... with the sacrifice of everyones favorite rumble feature.. altho Nintendo claims its nothin like their motion sensory controller... me personally.. i would rather have the rumble back...

additional add ons.. the $600 PS3 package is packing alot of goodies.. the BlueRay disc technology the most notable.. time will tell how that plays out as well..
plus the PS3 offers the big 60GB hard-drive.. which can prove usefull.
built in flash/sd/ usb, true HDMI connection... lots of good stuff.

Wii offers none of that... but to its credit, its probably gonna cost about 50% less than the PS3... easy on your pockets if you know what i mean...

in the end.. like i said before, the PS3 is obviously a more superior system for many reasons.. its not just a gaming machine but meant to be much more..

Wii looks as tho its intention is for gaming. plain and simple.. with some online services and retro arcade games too. thats a plus..

PS3 vs. Wii?

i say a tie... if anything. they are too different to really compare.

peace//

Cuchulain
06-27-2006, 05:45 AM
i'm as guilty as everyone else but don't you all think its bad that we're buying new systems at such a high cost to play updates of existing franchises. mgs4 and halo 3 for example, instead of any new content. suppose the wii will have more original ideas in this regard

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
06-27-2006, 10:10 AM
definetly a wii ...just the inovation and the fact of the back catalogue of nintendo games plus sega game PLUS TG-16 Games And Play On Line with them is out of this world plus they have the shell controller (original Gamecube Controller) for those who dont like the wii controller ....theres just to many factors

as for ps3 to expensive ...plus usin blu ray is a huge risk on sony part ....which i dont think the world at this point is ready to buy allllll new dvd's to replace the old ones just to play on a blu ray player

diffinet choice for me is the wii

TUCO
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
the Wii has my attention
PS3 fucked up with that pricetag

Icurus
06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
definetly a wii ...just the inovation and the fact of the back catalogue of nintendo games plus sega game PLUS TG-16 Games And Play On Line with them is out of this world plus they have the shell controller (original Gamecube Controller) for those who dont like the wii controller ....theres just to many factors

as for ps3 to expensive ...plus usin blu ray is a huge risk on sony part ....which i dont think the world at this point is ready to buy allllll new dvd's to replace the old ones just to play on a blu ray player

diffinet choice for me is the wii

Actually, Sony announce that the PS3 will be able to play DVDs now, but still it is too expensive. And the shell controller is not a gamecube controller. The gamecube controllers can be played on the wii. The system has slots on the side to plug in the cube controllers. The shell is actually a virtual console controller that looks like the old snes controllers.

J-Cee
06-28-2006, 01:40 PM
when it comes to the games,the 1st games released on a new console arent gonna be as great as the later ones.With the Ps3 with the amount of capacity on its hard drive the games they should be able to make in the future will be fukin unbelievable.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-28-2006, 01:57 PM
The PS3 is fully backwards compatible too, a nice feature that goes some way to paying 450 on it, I guess.

Locust
06-28-2006, 02:21 PM
nintendo wii no question, i've always been a playstation fan but this year its gonna suck

mizzywoe
06-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Nintendo Wii

Guaranteed to be und $250(prolly $199:.....$250 prolly bundled w/game)
Backwards compatibility of 20 years of games
New fresh way to play games(and old way as well)
Any one can play...from the hardcore gamer to a baby or an old geezer..
Mario, Metriod, Zelda, and Smash Bros.(Solid Snake is in this game YAY!)
Games will be as low as $29.99(due to lower development cost - even lower for virtual console games)
Free internet play!

PS3

$600 for the "Smart" version (you'd have to be an idiot to get the cheaper version)
games will range from $59.99 - $99.99 (just announced "http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151823 (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151823)"
after 2 or so games....is the system really worth $700 -$800(after tax)
if you don't own a high def you won't tell the difference.
I must admit the games will look unparalled on an HDTV...but will this even matter if the games aren't FUN!!!??
controller is the exact same as before w/out rumble feature...and the simplistic tilt function (6 degrees only)

Simply put......Nintendo will give you more fun per dollar !!! even sony fans have to agree with that.

Wii will rock you!!
Death to sony!!
haha

Icurus
06-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, now that i think about it Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii

THE W
06-29-2006, 05:18 PM
whichever system has zelda has me.

HANZO
07-02-2006, 04:52 PM
whichever system has zelda has me.

co-sign. zelda is the god of all games.

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
07-02-2006, 05:20 PM
ps3. nintendo systems in recent year haven't impressed me at all!!!

Koolish
07-06-2006, 12:30 PM
first off... i will be buying both. reason?

PS3 = MGS 4

Wii = Legend of Zelda Twighlight Princess

thats enuff reason for me...

altho i wont be buying the PS3 right at launch because MGS 4 wont be available till sometime in 2007..

if Zelda is available at the Wii launce then im bagging it...

i'm in the exact same shoes as you. these are the reasons each system appeals to me, but fuck i'm gonna have nowhere near enough money to make myself happy. but zelda is coming out along with the wii.

PLO-Stylez
07-06-2006, 10:38 PM
PS3 is gonna be better graphics than 360 cuz they had a year longer to work on it
PS3 has metal gear solid 4 that all i need but i'm not die hard enuff to spen $699 on it when it first come out

Kong
07-07-2006, 05:12 PM
ps3 easy i think. that nintendo will be to simple i think to be good.

plus u know the ps3 is going to be better by the cost. you pay that extra cheese for a reason.

MTO
07-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I must admit the games will look unparalled on an HDTV...but will this even matter if the games aren't FUN!!!??

who said the games wouldnt be fun?

mizzywoe
07-08-2006, 11:41 AM
ps3 easy i think. that nintendo will be to simple i think to be good.

plus u know the ps3 is going to be better by the cost. you pay that extra cheese for a reason.

you pay the extra cost because the ps3 has a built in blu ray dvd player....which aint worth sh*t if you aint got a hdtv.

and paying that much for 1 game and an sytem (over $800 after tax) is an awful trade in value.

Kong
07-08-2006, 12:26 PM
really? the cost cant be just that though, it will be a more powerfull machine, i think i got to get it, i dont like that one handed controll either, im going to have a better look at the nintendo b4 buying but i always get playstation, do nintendo do most of the same games as x box and playstation cos they dont seem to.

Icurus
07-08-2006, 01:28 PM
really? the cost cant be just that though, it will be a more powerfull machine, i think i got to get it, i dont like that one handed controll either, im going to have a better look at the nintendo b4 buying but i always get playstation, do nintendo do most of the same games as x box and playstation cos they dont seem to.

I dont know what you mean. Do you mean does nintendo the company make their own games, or do you mean do they have 3rd party games that also come out on xbox and playstation systems. Im confused.

Nintendo has their own games that are only for nintendo, Microsoft and Sony also have their own exclusive line up. Halo for xbox, Gta and FF for Playstation. Well, now they will be on the xbox 360 as well. So, yeah the Wii might only have exclusive games that will remain nintendo property.

Icurus
07-08-2006, 01:33 PM
you pay the extra cost because the ps3 has a built in blu ray dvd player....which aint worth sh*t if you aint got a hdtv.

and paying that much for 1 game and an sytem (over $800 after tax) is an awful trade in value.

Mizzy is right, the blu-ray technology is costly to make. That is why its so expensive.

"you pay that extra cheese for a reason" I'm sorry that funny. Paying more doesn't mean you're getting a better product. Sony is known for having really crappy hardware. In the gaming world. Hardware only, the PSP is so breakable, while the ds can last longer and wont break if you drop it.

I'm not stating which one is better, Im just saying that in that case hardware wise. The PSP cost more, yet is less sustainable.

Icurus
07-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Alex, it will be more powerful, but that is the truth. Blu-ray is whats making it so expensive. It is a completely new technology. Its HD-DVD, its not a standard DVD player. PS2 and XBOX cost alot more than CUBE and DREAMCAST, why do you think? Its because part of the reason besides the former two having more devices and gadgets, is because they have a dvd player. A dvd-player alone at that time in 2001 cost around 500 dollars, for a good one. Now a dvd player cost between 50-100 dollars for a average one that works.

Blu-ray players now cost $1000, seriously, look it up. Thats why is so expensive. But we are getting a good deal. So, $600 really isn't bad compare to how much a blu-ray player itself cost. PS3 is a game system with the blu-ray player installed. one grand compare to $600 is heaven. Let's hope everything Sony said about the system will remain intact.

Icurus
07-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I think you need every system. I have an xbox, PS2 and Cube, and all have games that I love to play. Cube really is a good system. Despite what nintendo haters say. Thw wii will be amzing for its innovation and new feel for games. I have the 360 now and Online I think will dominate with the 360. PS3 will rule with rpgs and sports, plus mgs4 and dmc4. So, yeah, you need all of them cause they all have something to offer. It sucks when people shit on the systems. You cant hate it unless you tried it. PS3 and the Wii will both be great systems. Right noe the DS is amazing in my opinion. I actually like it better than the PSP. I go back and forth on them, but for the past year, the DS has been really good. But lately, I am starting to see some amazing games for the PSP. So, lets see. BTW, New Supermario Bros. is so fucking awesome. Damn thats a good game.