PDA

View Full Version : Warren Buffet donates $37 Billion

Blazing Fire
06-26-2006, 12:27 AM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyid=2006-06-25T222452Z_01_N25370751_RTRUKOC_0_US-FINANCE-BUFFETT-CHARITY.xml&src=rss&rpc=23

Lets look at that organizationg hes giving to

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

notice their interest in global health

any thoughts?

Aqueous Moon
06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
ummm....warren buffet gives bill gates 37 bill?

don't he know bill gates is already filthy rich?

maybe I missed the point.....

Aqueous Moon
06-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Well shiiit....what are they up to now? smh...

It kinda sounds like the new world order type plan.

iniquity
06-26-2006, 07:46 PM
.. did his wife die of cancer or something? ..

hectis
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Good Thing Bill Gates Could Use The Money Lol

hectis
06-26-2006, 07:49 PM

YUP

hidden ninja
06-26-2006, 08:03 PM
this is good, I wish more multi-millionaires/billionaires would donate a majority of their wealth to chairties. I don't care if it is Bill Gates' charity, it's still doing good for children and for people in need.

Aqueous Moon
06-26-2006, 08:35 PM
YUP

Peace Hectis!

yea...hopefully, it won't turn out that way. But, it does seem kinda strange to give billions of dollars to another man who already has billions of dollars. But, idk.

whitey
06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
hes giving it to a foundation that does good things. not actually to gates.

hectis
06-26-2006, 11:24 PM
To Me It Is Worth More When A Poor Person Gives Up A Dollar Then When A Rich Person Gives Up A Billion The Poor Person Is Giving Up There Last Dollar In Hope Of Really Helping People Even If It Wuz There Last Bit Of Money A Rich Person Gives Up Money To Show Off To Look Good To The Public Like Look At Me I Just Gave A Billion Dollars

Visionz
06-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Now worth $30 billion, the Gates foundation is one of the world's richest philanthropic organizations. It has committed millions of dollars to fighting diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis in developing countries, and to education and library technology in the United States.I cant knock a rich person for spending money to help out. I wish they all did it. But......reading this little snippet here, can anyone explain how a charity is worth $30 billion but only have spent millions, why isn't it billions? After all there's a lot of millions in a single billion, much less 29 of 'em.

Os3y3ris
06-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Infastructure and assets?

Aqueous Moon
06-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Let me let you in on a little secret about Bill and Melinda Gates so-called “Foundation.” Gate’s demi-trillionaire status is based on a nasty little monopoly-protecting trade treaty called “TRIPS” – the Trade-Related Intellectual Property Rights rules of the World Trade Organization. TRIPS gives Gates a hammerlock on computer operating systems worldwide, legally granting him a monopoly that the Robber Barons of yore could only dream of. But TRIPS, the rule which helps Gates rule, also bars African governments from buying AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis medicine at cheap market prices.......

Example: in June 2000, at the urging of Big Pharma, Bill Clinton threatened trade sanctions against Argentina for that nation’s daring to offer low-cost drugs to Southern Africa.

Gates knows darn well that the “intellectual property rights” laws such as TRIPS – which keep him and Melinda richer than Saddam and the Mafia combined—are under attack by Nelson Mandela and front-line doctors trying to get cheap drugs to the 23 million Africans sick with the AIDS virus. Gate’s brilliant and self-serving solution: he’s spending an itsy-bitsy part of his monopoly profits (the $6 billion spent by Gates’ foundation is less than 2% of his net worth) to buy some drugs for a fraction of the dying. The bully billionaire’s “philanthropic” organization is currently working paw-in-claw with the big pharmaceutical companies in support of the blockade on cheap drug shipments.
http://100777.com/node/1331

Visionz
06-27-2006, 01:27 AM
there you go^, thanks Aqua. I am the only one who suspects that AIDs was invented to ransack the African continent so it'd be easier for them to conqueror when they decide its time to roll out? The fuckers is sick indeed.

june181972
06-27-2006, 09:51 AM
In a strange way, all these billions of dollars getting thrown around
makes the concept of money even more meaningless to me.

Os3y3ris
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Damned if you do...

WU-KILLAH
06-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Respect to this guy even if he still mad rich, it will help a lot of people ... but there will always be bitter people to hate no matter what. He was one of those with Bill Gates to sign a petition against a project of law Bush made to decrease succesion's taxes.

whitey
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM
there you go^, thanks Aqua. I am the only one who suspects that AIDs was invented to ransack the African continent so it'd be easier for them to conqueror when they decide its time to roll out? The fuckers is sick indeed.

Naaah, theres plenty of other conspiracy nutts out there too.

Visionz
06-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Naaah, theres plenty of other conspiracy nutts out there too. Someone's gotta balance out the Sheeple.

Gawd
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Bill Gates Foundation is a joke. Have you read what its all about? Other charities and ppl could of used that 37 billion alot more than Bill Gates' foundation.

Visionz
06-27-2006, 03:29 PM
man, give ME 36 billion. Yall would notice the mothafuckin changes overnight.

CherChezLaMarauder
06-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I'd Buy And Sell All Your Asses

HANZO
06-27-2006, 06:17 PM
well his given more money to charity than any other nation on this planet. so give the man some prop's. let the mega rich be generous without us slamming them with conspiracy theories.

Gawd
06-27-2006, 06:47 PM
well his given more money to charity than any other nation on this planet. so give the man some prop's. let the mega rich be generous without us slamming them with conspiracy theories.

He could of given to an AIDS or Cancer foundation. Or even an orphanage or some shit like that.

HANZO
06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
well tru, he could have split it and im sure there would be enough for every charity. but its his money let him do what he wants with it.

Gawd
06-27-2006, 07:12 PM
well tru, he could have split it and im sure there would be enough for every charity. but its his money let him do what he wants with it.

true true.......but its all a publicity thang anyway.

JASPER
06-27-2006, 07:28 PM
well his given more money to charity than any other nation on this planet. so give the man some prop's. let the mega rich be generous without us slamming them with conspiracy theories.'zackly.

WU-KILLAH
06-27-2006, 08:30 PM
true true.......but its all a publicity thang anyway.

I think the man doesn't give a fuck about publicity actually, he doesn't really need it. Props to that guy.

Gawd
06-27-2006, 08:44 PM
I think the man doesn't give a fuck about publicity actually, he doesn't really need it. Props to that guy.

He may give a fuck d00d.....anyway yes a good deed to a shit foundation

Blazing Fire
06-27-2006, 08:49 PM
nah this guy deserves no props

this is the mission of the organization:

"We focus on accelerating access to existing vaccines, drugs, and other tools to fight diseases that disproportionately affect developing countries, and we support research"

their mission is to go into poor (non-white), countries and pump them full of toxic drugs to maim and sterilize, meanwhile bringing lots of business to pharmaceutical companies back home and at the same time masking themselves as "humanitarians"

HIV/AIDS is all hype... thats why they hype it up so much, because if they didn't people would forget about it because it is not real

if they cared about health, they would be giving these poor countries food and water... all that is necessary to be perfectly healthy

mate2006
06-27-2006, 08:58 PM

The concept of a white person doing a good thing just doesn't compute with you does it?

mate2006
06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Peace Hectis!

yea...hopefully, it won't turn out that way. But, it does seem kinda strange to give billions of dollars to another man who already has billions of dollars. But, idk.

he didn't give it to Gates. he gave it to Gates's charity organisation

Aqueous Moon
06-27-2006, 10:11 PM
The concept of a white person doing a good thing just doesn't compute with you does it?

This white person is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He is pretending to do something good.

Aqueous Moon
06-27-2006, 10:15 PM
he didn't give it to Gates. he gave it to Gates's charity organisation

Duh!...Think about it. How can it be that Bill Gates who is the richest man in the world or maybe the second richest have a "foundation" that is in need of donations??....A 37 billion dollar donation at that!

Obviously, "philanthropy" is big business.

Aqueous Moon
06-27-2006, 10:16 PM

"We focus on accelerating access to existing vaccines, drugs, and other tools to fight diseases that disproportionately affect developing countries, and we support research"

their mission is to go into poor (non-white), countries and pump them full of toxic drugs to maim and sterilize, meanwhile bringing lots of business to pharmaceutical companies back home and at the same time masking themselves as "humanitarians"

HIV/AIDS is all hype... thats why they hype it up so much, because if they didn't people would forget about it because it is not real

if they cared about health, they would be giving these poor countries food and water... all that is necessary to be perfectly healthy

Co - sign.......100%

Edit - I peeped this docu. a while ago - alternative info about the hiv/aids situation.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4396856850556632563&q=hiv%2Faids

whitey
06-27-2006, 10:31 PM

Go fuck an AIDS patient with no connie and tell me in a couple years if you think its not real.

Blazing Fire
06-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Do you know someone who fucked an AIDS patient and got sick after a few years?

Or are you just telling me what has been told to you

Gawd
06-28-2006, 02:11 PM

What are you saying ? That aids doesnt exist? That aids doesnt kill ppl? that aids cannot be transmitted to ppl by blood, or needles or sex?

arto
06-28-2006, 03:07 PM
rich, white americans will always want to stay rich, white americans. think about that whenever they do something like this before you get all preachy about how good they are.

whitey
06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
anyone whos rich wants to stay rich.

its just how you go about shit after you get rich. you can go the MC hammer rout and spend $60,000 (not sure if thats exact but it was some outrageous sum) on mirrors for his house. or do whatever buffet and gates do to stay paid.

whitey
06-28-2006, 03:38 PM

Go do it, and you let me know if its made up or not.

JASPER
06-28-2006, 04:00 PM
The money Bill Gates 'has' isn't at his disposal. It doesn't work like that. All people criticizing Gates, look in a mirror and ask yourself: "How much have I given to charity?"

hectis
06-28-2006, 04:10 PM
So Why Is It Every Time A Rich Person Gives Money They Have To Make A Big Deal About It Why Can't They Keep It To Them Selfs? If I Give Money To A Charity U Won't Catch Me On Some Look I Just Gave Money Type Shit Most Only Do It To Look Good And Show Off

JASPER
06-28-2006, 04:38 PM
So Why Is It Every Time A Rich Person Gives Money They Have To Make A Big Deal About It Why Can't They Keep It To Them Selfs? If I Give Money To A Charity U Won't Catch Me On Some Look I Just Gave Money Type Shit Most Only Do It To Look Good And Show OffIt's not like Bill Gates called the press and yelled, YO BRING YOUR CAMERAS AND SHIT AND SEE ME GIVE MONEY TO CHARITIES. The media just covers it and they're the one who make a big deal about it.

whitey
06-28-2006, 10:33 PM
It's not like Bill Gates called the press and yelled, YO BRING YOUR CAMERAS AND SHIT AND SEE ME GIVE MONEY TO CHARITIES. The media just covers it and they're the one who make a big deal about it.

word.

june181972
06-28-2006, 11:57 PM
It's not like Bill Gates called the press and yelled, YO BRING YOUR CAMERAS AND SHIT AND SEE ME GIVE MONEY TO CHARITIES. The media just covers it and they're the one who make a big deal about it.

When I saw this on the news it was at a press conference.
The media covers a press conference
The subject(s) at hand initiates it

It's not a matter of showing off
But rather to get the word out, to help further the cause
Networking on a massive scale

HANZO
06-29-2006, 07:55 AM
well he had to tell the press what he did with his money. because everyones gonna realises where did 30billion dollars from this mans bank account go to?? it was gonna come out sometime. you cant just hide transaction with such a large sum of money. and plus warren buffet being a great investor people follow his invesments and see what he does with his money. once they realise 30billion is gone they gonna say oh shit this man has finally lost his money. cause warren buffet got his money from telling people how to invest in the stock markets cause he was soo good at it. so everyone who invests money invest in the same company as he did. this man will make money if he invests in a cornershop, because everyone else will also invest in the same cornershop.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Fair play a chairitable organisation has this amount of money. But I'm stilla tad sceptical, given Bill Gates' stranglehold business dealings with Microsoft, you can't just turn that money making tap off overnight.

hectis
06-29-2006, 02:04 PM

THE MEDIA IS THE DEVIL

AND THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THEY DID DO THAT

froth
06-29-2006, 02:05 PM
this is good, I wish more multi-millionaires/billionaires would donate a majority of their wealth to chairties. I don't care if it is Bill Gates' charity, it's still doing good for children and for people in need.

finally a rational statement

Blazing Fire
06-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Go do it, and you let me know if its made up or not.

Shut the fuck up

Go watch tv

whitey
06-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Shut the fuck up

Go watch tv

pussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssy.

tv rots the brain.

Blazing Fire
06-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Your A Bitch Doggs

I Really Dont Think U Would Talk Like That If U Were Around Me In Real Life

Shotta