PDA

View Full Version : Van Morrison

Definitive X
06-26-2006, 10:59 AM
This guy was a HUGE part of my childhood...my pops had his shit on cassette when tape decks in cars were status symbols...if you listen to any one of his albums, peep "The Philosopher's Stone"...no, not the Harry Potter book (although J.K. Rowling might have bit the title from Van)...anyway...anyone else on Wucorp like his music?

Damo_Suzuki
06-28-2006, 04:13 PM
I've got a few of his albums - he's great - my favourites are 'Astral Weeks' and 'Veedon Fleece'.

noel411
07-08-2006, 04:24 AM
I used to bump his best of album back in the day. Awesome shit. I remember driving down to the beach on new years eve with a bunch of mates, drinking a bottle of cheap, nasty wine, and pumping that cd on the car stereo. Good times.

Rame
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
My parents used to play his music a lot and since a couple of months I'm really getting into his music myself.

I think he's a great singer, one of the best voices in music.

oDoUoSoKo
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
i got a feeling Jeru really like em...eloels.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Van Morrison is good shit. I like Astral Weeks and Moondance. He used to kick it with Jim Morrison back in the day on some stupid hippy shit.

tajeco
01-21-2009, 04:04 AM
I like "Sweet Thing", "Brown Eyed Girl", "Warm Love", "Bright Side of the Road"

Longbongcilvaringz
01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
My mother always used to play him.

As a result, i know most of his material.

On a trip somewhere a year or to ago, some idiot friend of mine threw on an album of his one night, and i surprisingly enjoyed it.

So yeah, he's not bad.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
01-22-2009, 09:41 PM
He's pretty good, and would be awesome for hip hop samples IMO. Or so says my friend who's a fan of the guy. But that kids pretty wise when it comes to music. I don't think I've ever dislike a band he's introduced me to. I don't love Alkaline Trio though, but they're good lyrically. Best band he's shown me was Streetlight Manifesto, best thing from NJ period. Its third (dare I say The Fourth) wave ska for serious listeners who don't just want to listen to Reel Big Fish and Less than Jake wannabees.

Jeru
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
i got a feeling Jeru really like em...eloels.

:D you know me too well :lmao:.

Yeah he's great