PDA

View Full Version : a weed question, need expert opininons

Professor Poopsnagle
06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
ok, this is not about how to roll a blunt.

me and some friends of mine want to donate blood. i donīt smoke, the one smoked 2 weeks ago the last time and the third i donīt know.

now the thing is: thc is not in their blood, but thc-cooh still is i guess. itīs not about the test and the legal issues is thc-cooh harmful? for example children? what if a baby gets thc-cooh-blood??? can it die???

thanks for you help!

Unforgiven
06-26-2006, 10:42 AM
I've been told by professionals that THC stays in your body for up to 3-5 months after you smoke, kinda like the reason if you smoke everyday that your body becomes accustom to it. I don't think it'll do them any harm but still, I wouldn't donate if I had done any drugs/dranken within the last few months, wouldn't wanna give the baby e-bomb brain lol

CherChezLaMarauder
06-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Lol... I Can't Get Over Iove's Sig

Judo Neck Break! Hieeeeeee Yah!

Longbongcilvaringz
06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
28 days i thought. i dont think it would be helpful to blood receivers thats all i can say. dunno if it would be particulary harmful.

Unforgiven
06-26-2006, 11:15 AM
this blood...thats some goood shit! *hack* *cough* *weeeze*

mashqauck
06-26-2006, 11:47 AM
what is THC. just wondering? Is it the weed particles floating in your body after you smoke from a month ago

Unforgiven
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
THC is the main substance found in cannibis plants, it stands for Tetrahydrocannabinol. But yeah, it floats around your body for periods of time after you smoke up....

Frontal Lobotomy
06-26-2006, 12:15 PM
You need to wait at least 28 days before it starts to leave your system properly. And I've never heard anything conclusive about blood containing THC to be particularly harmful to those who recieve it, even in children.

Props for donating blood though

Unforgiven
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
I've never heard the term THC-COOH before....

Longbongcilvaringz
06-26-2006, 12:44 PM
cannabis metabolite, it is what the body converts thc into.

JackTrippa718JR
06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Beofre you donate blood they are going to ask you a few questions, such as have you done any drugs in the last wek month whatever. If you have done drugs with in that time frame they will not let you donate because your blood is tainted.

Professor Poopsnagle
06-26-2006, 12:47 PM
ok, thc makes you high and stays in your blood until 6 h normally. then it gets digested to THC-COOH which can stay in your body until 25 days.

btw thatīs the substance scantests search after, not thc itself.

hmmm....if nobody can say itīs harmless i guess itīs better they dont do it.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
man, they do checks for this shit. i mean if it is harmful then they would know about it. they are not going to just go on a trust system, they will check it.

smokebongoncliff
06-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Alright here's your answer. You are good to donate blood... but the blood will just be thrown away. Once you give blood they take it to their labs and run tests on it. and then if anything comes up, like THC. they just throw the blood away because it is useless to them. They wont give another person blood that is filled with THC na mean. but anyways one time i gave blood and they always say dont smoke within 5 hours or somethin... so we go to my friends house and smoked 5 bongs of some incredible weed. that shit got me high, cause i had 1/3 of my blood missing or somethin like that amount. soo high man so high

Professor Poopsnagle
06-26-2006, 02:19 PM
^no, they dont check on weed here in germany(some might do thouigh, but mostly not). they check on alcohol and medics and of course hiv, but weed is on trust. they might run random checks...i dont know. but to be honest: with the slightest chance on giving someone thc that might be harmful to them (baby, child, or someone ill or injured) i think it would be irresponsible!

smokebongoncliff
06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
ok