PDA

View Full Version : A Tribe called quest

tommytootone
06-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Wish these guys would come back all there album are fire. I think they last drop in 98 and that album was nice and laid back. They def need to come back. Im listening right now to Electric relaxation. The beats are so smooth and real hip hop

Da Problem Child
06-27-2006, 05:37 PM
:loser:

Naw i'm just playing

smokebongoncliff
06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
oh my god yes. oh my god

adedwutang
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
hell yea, yo tribe is the shit, if they come back i hope they dont change anything from the way they use to do it. still bumpin smooth beats.
get at me-

oldie
06-27-2006, 06:10 PM
yo i never really got into these. could ya do me like one or two of their best tracks? please

ballistic
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
this is crazy because i just popped midnight marauders in and came across this thread...

HipHophead101
06-27-2006, 07:07 PM
atcq is my favorite rap group of all time

no wack tracks at all

i mihgt catch heat for this buuuuut

atcq >>>> wu tang

Funk_Dock
06-27-2006, 07:24 PM
atcq is my favorite rap group of all time

no wack tracks at all

i mihgt catch heat for this buuuuut

atcq >>>> wu tang

yea theyre my favourite too (except for organized konfusion, but theyre a duo anyway) midnight marauders and low end theory have 0 tracks u can skip

i think thats debatable, but seein as how i havent listened to all of their albums i cant say

HipHophead101
06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
yea theyre my favourite too (except for organized konfusion, but theyre a duo anyway) midnight marauders and low end theory have 0 tracks u can skip

i think thats debatable, but seein as how i havent listened to all of their albums i cant say

get all there albums man u wont be dissapointed but midnight marauders and low end theory r def the best and organized konfusion is also dope stress = classic

GENERAL WISE
06-27-2006, 07:32 PM
I was young as hell when they dropped their first album but my brother bumpped it so I began to like it too

ballistic
06-27-2006, 07:53 PM
i've heard their last effort 'the love movement' was sadly feeble and mediocre. but thats negligible...they firmly have their place in the firmament of hip hop history.

HipHophead101
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
the love movement was dope IMO

energizer
06-27-2006, 08:40 PM
^^ yea man, find a way is smooth like butta

Shaolin Bloody Sword
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
ATCQ is dope, but not better than Wu. First of all u can't compare them !!!! Wu has too many members, plus their style are different. I remember reading an interview of Phife & he said that they are coming back.

HipHophead101
06-27-2006, 08:53 PM
ATCQ is dope, but not better than Wu. First of all u can't compare them !!!! Wu has too many members, plus their style are different. I remember reading an interview of Phife & he said that they are coming back.

ATCQ is better than the Wu cause atcq has never come out wiht nething bad

i cant say the same for the wu but wu is still dope

but thats just my opinion

TAURO
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
When I started listening to hip hop back in 92 they where some of the first I heard and I remember thinkin this was gonna be my musical style of choice.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
ATCQ is better than the Wu cause atcq has never come out wiht nething bad

i cant say the same for the wu but wu is still dope

but thats just my opinion

lol !! Q-Tip solo is wack + The love movement is an ok album.

U can't compare 36 Chambers, Ironman, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords & many more to their albums. I'm a huge ATCQ fan, but they uncomparable to Wu. These are 2 different styles of Hip-hop !!!!

Visionz
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
"I'll bust a nut in your eye to show you where I come from" ahhhhh yeaah, Tribe is the shiizzznit, although I've read ever track they did was timeless in this post. How many of yall got a skytel pager? ......................................C, most of its timeless, I can't say all.

Razorsharp
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
ATCQ is dope indeed... pioneers for mellow music!!

MwazaUmoja
06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Before I knew about Wu-Tang, I didn't think any group could ever be doper then ATCQ. Even after listening to the Wu, I gotta say they are on the same level.

Good tracks for those who don't know them?

-Butter
-Jazz (and the Remix of it)
-Find a Way
-Scenario (Find the Music Video)
-Oh My God
-Stressed Out
-Electric Relaxation

deadlymelody
06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Hell yeah ATCQ is great. Not Wu Tang great, but great.

Drink a lot of sodas so they call me dr. pepper

Funk_Dock
06-28-2006, 05:35 AM
get all there albums man u wont be dissapointed but midnight marauders and low end theory r def the best and organized konfusion is also dope stress = classic

ye im tryin to but i got alotta albums i need to get right now....all in good time

ShaDynasty
06-28-2006, 05:44 AM
peoples instinctive travels - 5/5
low end theory - 5/5
midnight marauders - 5/5
beats, rhymes and life - 4/5
love movement - 3.5/5

its sad they broke up, they had so many classic songs, tip always says its not happeneing, 3 or 4 years back they made a song with erykah badu
cant remember the title, but that song was supposed to start the reunion

Iron Man
06-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Before I knew about Wu-Tang, I didn't think any group could ever be doper then ATCQ. Even after listening to the Wu, I gotta say they are on the same level.

Good tracks for those who don't know them?

-Butter
-Jazz (and the Remix of it)
-Find a Way
-Scenario (Find the Music Video)
-Oh My God
-Stressed Out
-Electric Relaxation

YOu forgot their best track, Bonita Applebum. That is one of the first classic hip hop singles i've ever heard and it really brought me into Hip Hop when i was young.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
atcq are dope. for me midnight marauders is their best album but it is close between that and low end theory.

MwazaUmoja
06-28-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm gonna be the only person to think this, but I think Find A Way is a few levels about Bonita Applebum. Both are great songs, I just think Find a Way is better.

mn2683
06-28-2006, 10:38 AM
i read on hiphopsite awhile back that tribe is doing a small US tour in the fall, and depending on how that goes, they might do another album

i'm def gonna see them

HipHophead101
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
mos def im gonna see that! i hope its true

q tip is a GOAT in my opinion

not only beacause of atcq but he seemed to be on more than half the classic albums in the early and mid 90s like illmatic, infamous ...

tommytootone
06-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Yo A tribe called quest was different from the wu each brought the movement. 2 great groups ya heard

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 03:35 PM
i read on hiphopsite awhile back that tribe is doing a small US tour in the fall, and depending on how that goes, they might do another album

i'm def gonna see them

Yeah I read that on like worldwideconnected I believe. I hope to hell that they do get back for one more album. Other than the others mentioned I love........

- The Hop
- Check the Rhyme
- 1nce Again

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 03:36 PM
This thread brings up a question. Since the breakup is there any material from either Ali Shaheed or Phife that I should check out??

CharlesJones
06-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Phife did a solo album 4 years ago called Ventilation. You should peep that. I liked it. Pete Rock did some production on there. Ali never did any albums but he did a group album with Raphael Saddiq of Tony Toni Tone and Dawn Robinson of En Vogue. The group was called Lucy Pearl. That song you're talking about Tribe did with Erykah Badu a few years ago is called ICU(Doin It). That song was supposed to be on Violator 3 compilation but it never came out.

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Does Ventilation have that laid back tribe vibe or did Phife switch it up a bit like Tip did for his solo(s?)??

J-DON
06-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Ali Shaheed Mohammed DID release an album.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0003WIT26/002-3759544-7976835?v=glance&n=5174

CharlesJones
06-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Phife's Ventilation album came out 6 years ago, my bad. His album has that Tribe vibe. Phife kept it hip hop and street on his solo album. He didn't switch up like QTip's bitch ass. Phife was supposed to release another solo album 3 years ago called Songs In The Key Of Phife but it never came out. I remember reading a interview from him and he said he was working on a follow up solo album after Ventilation. I hate these bitch ass record companies that shelve rappers albums. I wanted to hear another solo album from Phife.

Professor Poopsnagle
06-28-2006, 08:04 PM
i got that "the abgstract"-album where q-tip sings (bootleg though).

wtf, you are right.....8 years since the splitup and barely new material!

hop tip comes aight on his next joint

Tetsuo
06-28-2006, 11:27 PM
linden boulevard represent represent, a tribe called quest represent represent!

yeah man ATCQ is second only to the wu

yo am i the only one who thinks people's instinctive travels> low end theory, midnight marauders

CharlesJones
06-29-2006, 03:52 PM
LOL@you think Tribe's first album is better than The Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders hahahahahahahahahaha. This dude i know told me he used to have a copy of QTip's Kamaal The Abstract album that never got released and he said it sucked badly LOL. He said he threw his copy away LOL. I'm not surprised the album sucked.

ShaDynasty
06-29-2006, 04:59 PM
i wanna hear that kamaal the abstract solo
was supposed to be some ill jazz type shit, and better than 'amplified' (although thats not difficult)
'peoples instinctive travels.....' was a dope classic the production was more varied than their other albums
low end theory and midnight marauders were better though
it would be ill if tribe did another album, and just kept it in house (like tip could produce it and phife and ali could give direction) that would be some dope shit

Da Problem Child
06-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Tell ya the truth i NEVER check they shit out can somebody suggest some tracks?

ShaDynasty
06-29-2006, 05:16 PM
for a beginner:
Check the Rhyme
Scenario (ft. L.O.N.S.)
Electric Relaxation
Clap Your Hands
Phony Rappers
Footprints
Description of a Fool

but for real tribe are dope their first 3 albums are classic and their last 2 werent bad either
tip, ali and phife need to get their shit together
same for pete and cl

Da Problem Child
06-29-2006, 05:20 PM
^^^ aight thanks homie

Whats the name of there 1st album??

ShaDynasty
06-29-2006, 05:59 PM
peoples instinctive travels and the paths of rhythm
fuckin stupid name for an album, but its still dope

Funk_Dock
06-29-2006, 07:43 PM

u missin out on ALOT....pick up midnight maruaders and low end thoery.... both are str8 up classics.....your collection is not complete without em

HipHophead101
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM
for a beginner:
Check the Rhyme
Scenario (ft. L.O.N.S.)
Electric Relaxation
Clap Your Hands
Phony Rappers
Footprints
Description of a Fool

but for real tribe are dope their first 3 albums are classic and their last 2 werent bad either
tip, ali and phife need to get their shit together
same for pete and cl

tips flow on the first verse of phony rapers was sooo bad in my opinion lol

tommytootone
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Yo all there albums are fire check them all out