7. Somethin Like That - 8/10
8. Express Yourself - 10/10
9. Compton's N Da House Remix - 6/10
10. I Ain't Tha 1 - 7/10
11. Dopeman Remix - 7/10
12. Quiet On Tha Set - 8/10
13. Somethin 2 Dance 2 - 5/10

All album - 8/10
The start of gangsta rap, classic CD, just very good west coast gangsta shit. Dre made great beats, Ice Cube was best MC from this group. R.I.P. Eazy-E

Aqueous Moon
06-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Loved it! It was just raw and uncensored. I always appreciate that in hip hop.

TAURO
07-05-2006, 12:12 AM
A classic, nuff said.

4-Bar Killer
07-05-2006, 05:56 AM
D.O.C. (only 1 verse) and Ren was illest on it. Ice Cube was pretty ill too. Great production and Eazy-E was aight too..

9/10

Grongle
07-05-2006, 06:37 AM
dope classic album , 10/10

Edgar Erebus
07-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Ice Cube's informal debut, as he wrote around 50% of lyrics on it. (MC Ren wrote 30%, and D.O.C 20%). Yeah, it's a classis. Lyrics best on Dopeman, production best at first three tracks.

CharlesJones
07-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I didn't hear D.O.C. on this album.

Unique-B
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
:fucku:

4-Bar Killer
02-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I didn't hear D.O.C. on this album.

Parental Discretion Iz Advised:

Aiyyo Dre, what's goin on man? What's goin on?
Ay what ch'all gonna do for this last record?
Nah tell me what cha'all gonna do?
Okay, you want me to do the intro? Aight!

Parental discretion is advised for the moment
While I'm getting candid, now understand it
Ain't too typical in any way, though the pro
on the mic is the D.O. to the C. this is an intro
I know the DOC makes you want to take a valium
So buy a bucket cause upcomin is my album
And for the record, meanin my record, check it
Listen to the single and you'll be like, yo, I gotta get it
But in the meantime, listen to the rhyme
of the Dr. Dre, played wit N.W.A.
Yella's on the drum roll, rockin the beat
Aiyyo Dre, where's you gonna take this shit man?

WuGambino
02-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Quality album.
After a while it loses its appeal to me though, the only tracks I really ever listen to now are Express Yourself, Straight Outta Compton and Fuck the Police. Straight Outta Compton 'cos it's just so raw and personifies their sound on that album and the other two because they're the only ones that are really saying something, alot of the rest of the album to me is the same old braggin' and gangsta lyrics.

Ren was my favourite on this too, although gotta remember Cube co-wrote loads of his stuff and wrote Express Yourself my personal fav on this. Cube is the man though, after he left they weren't the same, just Dre's beats (dope) but with Eazy-E sayin how hard he was over them.

I don't rate it as one of my favourite albums musically but it is definately a personal classic, the first album that really got me into Hip-Hop that wasn't The Eminem Show or Get Rich...

PS. I Think Somethin 2 Dance 2 deserves a rating of more than 5/10. yeah, the lyrics are weak but its a great break from the gantserisms surrounding the album and you can't say it doesn't have a funky beat.

...lol went on a bit of a rant there... just my 2 cents.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
a classic, 10/10

2L8Lit da croatianMC
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
yeah something 2 dance 2, im givin a 9 to that track, its so funky, and melodic.

and i gotta mention quiet on da set, the chorus, wit da scratches deeply bumps to my heart, one of my fav tracks...

Dokuro
02-28-2007, 12:15 PM
this is a perfict 10 hands downand im not just saying that cuse im stight otta compton

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-14-2007, 10:56 AM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00006JJ51.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton

3. Gangsta Gangsta - 7/10

I mean, I cant understand how can u put a 7 for that shit.. Very low rate on that shit u put...

abasi
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Ill album personal classic Express Yourself has to be the best NWA track ever well its my fav. I got bought this album back in the day and I still have my tape.

CharlesJones
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Classic album cover. My favorite songs on the album is Straight Outta Compton, Fuck The Police, Gangsta Gangsta, If It Ain't Ruff, Dopeman, I Ain't Tha One. Express Yourself remix is better than the album version. I wish NWA would've stayed together and made some more albums. Ice Cube should've gotten his money situation with the group straightened out instead of leaving them. I bought NWA's greatest hits album a few weeks ago and there's a videos dvd that comes with it. The group members are also interviewed on the dvd.

CharlesJones
03-15-2007, 04:27 PM
MC Ren is my favorite member in the group because he's the only one who stayed true and he never changed his style of music. His solo albums are very good but i was disappointed in his last album Ruthless For Life. I wish he would've released more than 4 solo albums. I miss Eazy E. I wish he hadn't died. I really miss his music. LOL@his Real Muthafucking G's song dissing Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg. That song is a classic. Eazy's classic lyrics on that song had me rolling when he said all of a sudden Dr Dre is a g thing but on his old album covers, he was a she thing LOL. Muthafuck Dre, muthafuck Snoop, muthafuck Death Row LOL.

abasi
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
I watching Real Muthafuckin Gs on youtube the other day, that shit was funny

elantratuner
03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
This is a good album..but it wares off after awhile and need some better production...i loved the album when i first got it..the raw lyrics are the best part of this abum

WuGambino
03-24-2007, 05:14 AM
MC Ren is my favorite member in the group because he's the only one who stayed true and he never changed his style of music. His solo albums are very good but i was disappointed in his last album Ruthless For Life. I wish he would've released more than 4 solo albums. I miss Eazy E. I wish he hadn't died. I really miss his music. LOL@his Real Muthafucking G's song dissing Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg. That song is a classic. Eazy's classic lyrics on that song had me rolling when he said all of a sudden Dr Dre is a g thing but on his old album covers, he was a she thing LOL. Muthafuck Dre, muthafuck Snoop, muthafuck Death Row LOL.

Eazy is wick wick WACK!

CharlesJones
03-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Eazy E isn't wack. He's a legend to me. It's a shame he died before his time because he would've continued to release solo albums and i think there would've been a NWA reunion album if he was alive. LOL@Eazy E dissing Snoop Dogg on Real Muthafucking G's when he said tell me where the fuck you find a anarexic rapper hahahahahahahahahaha. Talking about who you gon squabble with and who you shoot. You only 60 pounds when you wasn't wearing boots LOL. You and your doggy dog thinking ya'll hogging shit. Both of you bitches can come and suck my doggy dick LOL. Damn it's a trip how Dre can switch so quick from wearing lipstick to smoking on chronic at picnics hahahahahahahahaha.

WuGambino
03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I'd have more respect for him if he wrote his own rhymes.

beardman
08-24-2007, 10:28 AM
At the time the impact of the album was huge.

But listening now to it, it really isn't anything special. Just the average gangster songs.
________
marijuana vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

HarlemDiplomat
09-03-2007, 08:23 AM
classic

andy_gza
01-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Although I prefer Efil4Zaggin for it's straight raw and ruthless lyrics this gets a 9.5/10
All time classic. MC Ren was the best MC over those two albums. He had a very underrated role in rap as a whole.

BTW Efil4Zaggin gets a 10/10

crds
01-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Classic album, I remember taping songs off Hip Hop radio shows and finally getting the cassette on import back in the day, I also had it on vinyl, but it got stolen, I still have it on CD though,I haven't listened to it in a while, but I don't see how Eazy was wack, he had a great voice, flow and I hate to say the word (because wack fucks use it) a great swagger, Eazy was unique, loved Ice Cube and MC Ren on this album too.

Tony Bandana
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
total game changing record.

Beastie Boys - License To Ill
N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions

were all too me the most important influential records in rap history.

few more im sure

but this one iz in there 100%

everybody else started doin' it after.