PDA

View Full Version : Chamillionaire?? - Opinions

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 03:53 PM
First off I want to say I really don't know anything about him. The reason I bring him up is that he is coming to a city close to where I live. Being from a small hick city in Canada we get virtually no hip hop shows to check out. I guess what I am looking for are some opinions on this guy and if it would be worth it for me to check out considering I'm not much of a fan of Southern hip hop. Any input would be appreciated.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
06-28-2006, 04:14 PM
IMO He sucks his music has no depth

Meta4
06-28-2006, 04:23 PM
He's nice.

TSA
06-28-2006, 04:28 PM
lol don't listen to anyone on this board they have a bias that's pro east, or pro old, and anti new and south. It's a fact Chamillionaire is dope, if you don't know too much about him check his mixtapes, i can't remember what he called the remake, but he remade Adrenaline Rush by Twista, and his version is the most foul mixtape shit i've ever heard, plus he's a dope freestyler, his show should be alright, i recommend you go cause he's got a bright future

M4TH3M4T1CS
06-28-2006, 04:46 PM
he's coming to my town it in july, he's alright im not going to the concert tho

Grongle
06-28-2006, 04:50 PM
hes shit

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 05:04 PM
True enough assassin. I should have just dl'd a couple of tracks to check out and make my own opinion. Although due to the fact that in the last 5 years the only hip hop shows around my area have been Snoop and a cancelled DMX and cancelled 50 Cent (so we've had Snoop LOL) I am thinking I may go check it out.

Anyway was in Edmonton for the Stanley Cup Finals and saw that Del was in town the next weekend. Pisses me off that we can't get decent shows like that!!

BigKing.nl
06-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Everytime I read Charmillionaire, I think about this pokemon

http://www.ktf-split.hr/~eni/goran/pokemon/slike/005.gif

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
06-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Average

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
06-28-2006, 05:18 PM

LMAO LMAO

TSA
06-28-2006, 05:24 PM
True enough assassin. I should have just dl'd a couple of tracks to check out and make my own opinion. Although due to the fact that in the last 5 years the only hip hop shows around my area have been Snoop and a cancelled DMX and cancelled 50 Cent (so we've had Snoop LOL) I am thinking I may go check it out.

Anyway was in Edmonton for the Stanley Cup Finals and saw that Del was in town the next weekend. Pisses me off that we can't get decent shows like that!!

you know i feel your pain right, i live in Lincoln Nebraska, the ONLY rappers i've ever seen live are Ghost and Snoop, other then that 50 cent, Ludacris, David Banner, and HeadBodyBangers are the only cats i can think of that've come here in the past 5 years, these other cats take shows for granted but once we get the chance we swallow that shit up

Prolifical ENG
06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
When it comes to the south, this is the worst board to come to and ask for opinions.

I have heard Chamillionaire before he blew up.....I was actually kind of suprised he made it to commercial.....Texas has some good rappers.

But you mentioned you arent a southern hip-hop fan, if you really arent then I wont recommend this.

Perhaps one day you might try it out again.

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 05:56 PM
you know i feel your pain right, i live in Lincoln Nebraska, the ONLY rappers i've ever seen live are Ghost and Snoop, other then that 50 cent, Ludacris, David Banner, and HeadBodyBangers are the only cats i can think of that've come here in the past 5 years, these other cats take shows for granted but once we get the chance we swallow that shit up

No doubt. And that's why I am considering taking a two hour drive to check out a rapper I don't know. LOL Man you should be happy you got to check out Ghost!! I did check out Snoop but the main reason I went was because Daz and Soopafly was supposed to open up for him. Sure enough they never showed up. Yeah, Regina Saskatchewan Canada is not the place to be if you are into hip hop. You guys heard of that place???? Didn't think so.

kurupt_kw
06-28-2006, 06:16 PM
When it comes to the south, this is the worst board to come to and ask for opinions.

I have heard Chamillionaire before he blew up.....I was actually kind of suprised he made it to commercial.....Texas has some good rappers.

But you mentioned you arent a southern hip-hop fan, if you really arent then I wont recommend this.

Perhaps one day you might try it out again.

The thing is I am very open to all types of music however I just never got into Southern shite. Not because I hate it just because I...well I guess I just prefer others such as Wu. In any case I will do what I should have in the first place and DL a couple of tracks and see for myself if I am into it enough to take the trip. Thanks to all who gave some feedback on Chamillionaire.

Visionz
06-28-2006, 07:23 PM
he's got some freestyle clip from BET as well here in the forum. Def worth checkin out. You probably never heard of Devin the Dude neither. If you enjoy your ganja, I think Devin's a must. Not in a real lyrical sense, but in a down-to-earth, chilled as a mothafucka, kinda sense.

JackTrippa718JR
06-29-2006, 07:12 AM
I'd check himout if there wasn't much going on.

Chef_Raekwon
06-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Chamillionaire= shitty

whitey
06-29-2006, 12:25 PM
i like some south stuff and i think chamillionar is awful. so yea dont waste your money.

TUCO
06-29-2006, 12:45 PM
he's dope....nuthin outta this world but hes cool

Visionz
06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
i like some south stuff and i think chamillionar is awful. so yea dont waste your money.
wow, ok first what Southern artist do you like besides Outkast? and Cham awful? You got any freestyles of yourself so I can compare you two? you may not like him but Cham's a talented emcee, period.

kurupt_kw
06-30-2006, 11:13 AM
So I just read today about the Wu is heading to Minneapolis in August. Now that I see this I am thinking fuck the 2 hour drive to check out Chamillionaire and instead I'll make the 12 hour trek to MN!!!!! Fuck yeah.

tacle
06-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Nah.

Eddie
06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Give Cham a couple years he will be King Of The South no doubt in my mind. Hes music is crack Mixtape Messiah shit on almost anythign the south has dropped in the last lil while. Soudn of revenge crack album. i wud up them both but i cant so check out albumbase or go cop em :)

pneumatic
06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
He only has one good song on his LP, and it isn't even a single.

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 03:15 PM
still tippin is the shit, that being said i prefer the remix with pow wow baby
he can spit for sure, the production he got is wack as hell tho

Visionz
06-30-2006, 03:18 PM
He only has one good song on his LP, and it isn't even a singlename of this song?

Eddie
06-30-2006, 03:18 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yCfoXpFQ2ZU&search=chamillionaire%20freestyle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rgu01kV9nN8&search=chamillionaire%20freestyle

now tell me hes not crack

Eddie
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
name of this song?

hes talking bout ridin dirty

Grongle
06-30-2006, 03:36 PM

ha ha ha

whitey
06-30-2006, 04:29 PM
wow, ok first what Southern artist do you like besides Outkast? and Cham awful? You got any freestyles of yourself so I can compare you two? you may not like him but Cham's a talented emcee, period.

outkast, slim thug, paul wall, lil whyte, three six mafia, others...

King Justice
06-30-2006, 04:45 PM

Co-sign I like Chamillionaire he good

Visionz
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
outkast, slim thug, paul wall, lil whyte, three six mafia, othersso you like paul wall but Cham's horrible? That's funny cause Cham taught Paul how to rap. Are you getting caught up in other people's beef? There's no way Paul is tighter on the mic.