PDA

View Full Version : Punk/hardcore

Pages : 1 [2] 3

xHard to Earnx
02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I thought it had to do with hating Mexicans and someone fucking Tony B's girlfriend (though that might've been more of an Integrity thing).

I'm pretty sure dude just hated everything.

http://hypebot.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/brumell_tony_1.gif

What a stupid looking asshole.

xHard to Earnx
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
OH MY GOD

NEW BLACKLISTED

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.myspace.com/deathwishinc

crass
03-04-2007, 10:12 PM
i haven't checked out blacklisted yet (i know, i know)

not a lot of new shit is floating my boat. none of the bigger bands anyway. although i put the last Think I Care LP on for a spin and was digging it even if it's pretty generic

PS> listened to my cassette of DYS "wolfpack" while riding my bike. absolutely fucking classic record.

edit: that blacklisted track is pretty rad although his voice kind of sounds like "shut your mouth" era AFI sometimes (which i can dig!)

xHard to Earnx
03-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I finally decided that I like Death Before Dishonor kinda. Seeing them was pretty fun.

Have you listened to World Collapse? It's like "Best Wishes" mixed with Depeche Mode and it rules.

New Lows are very good. If you're unaware, it's got Sean from TIC, and is the hardest of the hard. http://www.myspace.com/newlows

crass
03-04-2007, 10:25 PM
I haven't heard World Collapse; what are songs/an album to dowload?

New Lows is rad, I like that vocal style better than TIC's gruff shouting. they're playing april 4th with DB4D in my area so i'll check them out.

have you been/are you in any bands or anything?

xHard to Earnx
03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
All WC have out is "Into The Night," but it's called a demo and a few other things too. It's six songs, all rule.

http://www.myspace.com/worldcollapse

And no. I've tried for years though.

crass
03-04-2007, 10:30 PM
word, i'll check them out.

i'm in the same boat as you. i was in a thrashy powerviolency band from 2001-2002, and a more old-school punk band from 2002-2004. but i haven't been in anything since high school, despite living in Boston. do you have a myspace or anything man? you can PM it to me or something. if you want i can hook you up with old demos and what not.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Anyone brought up 90s AFI? That was some awesome stuff, Black Sails is still one of the best albums I've ever heard. They've gone shit now, sellout dropout emo fags, bad attitude.

crass
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
i used to love AFI. i still like mid-late 90s a lot. "shut your mouth and open your eyes" rules. i have some pretty rare and valuable records of theirs too.

in other news...

there is actually a band called Kissy Face Fashion Faux Pas. scenester queers

crass
03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
i refuse to let this thread fall on the second page

so...

skare tactic

xHard to Earnx
03-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Die Young ruled the other night. The new album's awesome.

crass
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
die young from texas? i saw them january 2006, they were awesome.

did the singer talk a lot during the set? i thought that was kind of refreshing when i saw them cuz not a lot of bands in that style are that political.

did you hear about the Bridge 9/Have Heart/Youth of Togay bullshit?

and are you Black Fag on the B9 board? the "kush caddie" comment gave it away. i don't post there too often though, cluttered.

xHard to Earnx
03-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah. I've seen them a few times and they've always been great. It's like a band from the 90's thrown through a time warp and into 2007, which worked out pretty well for me since I was wearing a Shutdown jersey at the time.

FNS/Youth of Togay can suck it (no pun intended).

I'm a couple people on B9, but I've been using Black Fag the last few days.

xHard to Earnx
03-18-2007, 07:59 PM
YOU GOT TWO FACES AND THEY BOTH LIE

DISTRICT 9 APPRECIATION. FUCK YEAH.

crass
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
ah i see.

yeah i saw the district 9 discography came out recently. i hadn't heard them so i checked their myspace, couldn't really dig the vocals of the songs they had up there.

listening to Leeway right now.

snitches!

get stitches!

xHard to Earnx
03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Man, I fucking love Leeway.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAALLLL

MOSHING

On a related note, have you heard the Merauder demo with Eddie Leeway singing? It's songs from Five Deadly Venoms with him singing them completely differently and it rules.

crass
03-19-2007, 04:42 PM
wow, no i haven't. do you have it in mp3 form?

also, merauder is playing near me (boston) may 5th i think with all out war.

xHard to Earnx
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
With New Lows and Darkside NYC too! I'm pretty sure that will be the last time that venue is seen standing in one piece, so I'd suggest going and moshing very, very hard.

As for that demo, I'll upload it and post as soon as it's done.

xHard to Earnx
03-19-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7OPJAOZ

crass
03-19-2007, 08:44 PM
dude thank you so much for upping that. it's one of the best things i've heard in a long time!!

love the the little "soft" interlude in "find my way."

i'll mosh it up for you, dude.

xHard to Earnx
03-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Bummer story about the soft part in Find My Way:

Two years ago or so (actually, I think it was two years ago plus like 16 days, weird), I saw Merauder. It ruled. They played Find My Way. THEY FUCKING CUT OUT THE SOFT PART. AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

They then covered the Cro-Mags. It ruled.

The end.

crass
03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
this is making me wanna check out merauder wicked bad, i never really looked into them.

the opening guitar on "we are the ones" is amazing, too.

xHard to Earnx
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
If you're the kind of person tht likes buying things, the three LPs have been collected on this:

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=138990&

crass
03-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh word I should look into that. I've blown a ton of cash on records recently though, and I have some rare ones I wanna cop, so I'm holding out on records for now. I'm selling some shit on ebay too:

Pg.99 "document 11" 7"
Misfits "4 hits from hell" boot 7"
Disrupt "Unrest" CD
Samiam "you are freaking me out" 4x7"

and more coming soon. I hate it when some jerk is selling the same thing that you want to. I sold Converge's "Jane Doe" for $102 about a month ago, which is nice.

xHard to Earnx
03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been buying records lately too. New Blacklisted, This Is Hell, Die Young/Invade, and The Ergs! (which if you're into pop-punk and don't already love this band, I'd suggest doing something to fix that). I'm planning on checking out a few stores next week too. Hopefully I'll find something cool. At the very least, I'll probably grab some Into Another stuff since I doubt anyone bought that since I was in there last.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

crass
03-21-2007, 12:27 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shut up nerd

crass
03-21-2007, 12:50 AM
I've been buying records lately too. New Blacklisted, This Is Hell, Die Young/Invade, and The Ergs! (which if you're into pop-punk and don't already love this band, I'd suggest doing something to fix that). I'm planning on checking out a few stores next week too. Hopefully I'll find something cool. At the very least, I'll probably grab some Into Another stuff since I doubt anyone bought that since I was in there last.

I like some pop-punk. Stuff like the Lillingtons, Groovie Ghoulies, etc. But I rarely listen to any of it.

boston's one 100% punk record store closed down in the fall, after they lost their show license. so for punk records i have to rely mainly on online distros (verydistro.com is the best), or searching the used record stores, which can sometimes yeild dope shit.

can't think of any releases coming out that i particularly want. i guess the new magrudergrind. i dunno though.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 01:06 AM
shut up nerd

sorry, punk rules

crass rules also.

peace, go and listen to some of the least melodical music there is nerd.

crass
03-21-2007, 01:17 AM
i don't really care what you think, fruitcake. no one's making you listen to the music or read this thread so go fuck off sally.

edit: and what is "melodical" ?? self-sonnage.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 01:39 AM
http://ribaldschmaltz.blogspot.com/2006/02/strange-researches-and-melodical.html

counter sonnage.

i just dont like it how that xhardtoearnx dude comes in to every thread and talks shit about peoples taste but will get annoyed at my comments about punk.

i actually have no problems with you crass, although i would like to know about the x's. its called straight edge or something, does this mean people who put this in their name dont drink or do drugs at all.

i just want to learn about punk, keep the peace.

crust
03-21-2007, 01:59 AM
speaking on the x's thing; yes it means i'm straight edge. no smoking, no drinking, no drugs. but it dosent mean i don't have an open mind. most people think that since i'm edge i hate people who aren't. wrong. if you aren't edge, whatever man. personal choice. more power to ya. haha. peace.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 02:22 AM
righto, so anyone with the x's like that in their names are "straight edge"?

uh, also what does it have to do with punk, i know it came from some song, thats about it.

crass
03-21-2007, 02:45 AM
yeah, x's usually indicate straight edge. especially a XXX like my name. however i'm not edge. i just threw x's in there.

back in the early 80s kids wanted to play and go to shows when there weren't all ages shows, so they'd put x's on their hands to show the promoters they weren't interested in drinking. minor threat coined the term straight edge and created a monster.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 02:49 AM
ok, so why do you put the x's in your name, if your not straight edge?
just to show your a punk fan?

also, whats the difference between punk and hardcore, here is a punk or hardcore show on the radio here where there seems to be no distinction.

are the Hives punk? or are they pop?

crass
03-21-2007, 02:55 AM
eh, hardcore was like the USA version of british punk. it was faster and more to the point. it's pretty much just faster, harder punk. but hardcore is punk -- there is no difference in that regard.

i do a radio show with my friend on friday nights. you can be our guest on it, we will teach you.

the hives are like pop-garage, i don't really know. it's late so i 'm gonna go to bed but i'll talk about this any time. peace

oh as far as the x's, i don't relaly know why. it's just a cool letter. its everywhere, man.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 03:04 AM
thanks for the information.

xHard to Earnx
03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
i just dont like it how that xhardtoearnx dude comes in to every thread and talks shit about peoples taste but will get annoyed at my comments about punk.

I don't give a shit what you say about punk. Most of your posts regarding it have to do with the idea that as a punk fan, I can't be into rap at all, which is pretty much a new level of ignorance.

xHard to Earnx
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
peace, go and listen to some of the least melodical music there is nerd.

I'd say any early rap record involving an annoying drum machine beats this out.

tymoney
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Punk is a disgrace to music.

crass
03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
^^good

making enemies so soon, you new jack?

crust
03-21-2007, 07:09 PM

...wow!!!!

9th Warrior
03-21-2007, 09:21 PM

and your a waste of my time

next

murkoutz
03-21-2007, 09:47 PM
i fucks with punk rock. some good old real real punk rock would get you hype. some stooges or something its raw like how hiphop was

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-22-2007, 12:06 AM
give me some classic punk album names so i can cop..

like classic albums.. but punk

like if u were to dress like one or go skating..

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-22-2007, 06:11 AM

yeah man off the top of my head

The Ramones-The Ramones
Television-Marquee Moon
The Clash-The Clash
Public Image Limited-Second Edition
Gang of Four-Entertainment!
Wire-Pink Flag
Discharge-Why?
Bad Brains-Bad Brains (ROIR)/ Bad Brains-Black Dots
The Misfits-Collection 1, 2/ Static Age
Black Flag-Damage
Minor Threat-Complete Discography
Fugazi-Repeater/ 13 Songs
The Pist- Ideas are Bulletproof
The Casualties- For the Punx
Defiance- No Future, No Hope

9th Warrior
03-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Stooges- Funhouse
Germs- MIA The Complete Anthology
Circle Jerks- Group Sex
Crass- The Feeding Of The 5000
Cro-Mags- Age of Quarrel
The Damned- Damned Damned Damned
Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Fear- The Record
Gun Club- Fire of Love
Joy Division- Unknown Pleasures
Minor Threat- Complete Discography
Minutemen- Double Nickels on the Dime
New York Dolls- New York Dolls
Public Image Ltd- First Issue
Ramones- Too Tough To Die
Rites of Spring- End on End
Faith/Void Split

that's a lot, but those are my personal favorites:W

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Faith/Void split was incedible best split anything I liked the Filth split with Blitz alot too
good list bro!

9th Warrior
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah u dropped good names too,
b brains, ramones, television, PiL all great punk

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks ,, Right Now Im Listening To House..

Dr Zayus
03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Stooges- Funhouse
Germs- MIA The Complete Anthology
Circle Jerks- Group Sex
Crass- The Feeding Of The 5000
Cro-Mags- Age of Quarrel
The Damned- Damned Damned Damned
Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Fear- The Record
Gun Club- Fire of Love
Joy Division- Unknown Pleasures
Minor Threat- Complete Discography
Minutemen- Double Nickels on the Dime
New York Dolls- New York Dolls
Public Image Ltd- First Issue
Ramones- Too Tough To Die
Rites of Spring- End on End
Faith/Void Split

that's a lot, but those are my personal favorites:W

Cool list but I'd say PiL and Joy Division were more post-punk than anything. Especially Joy Division.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
postpunk is punk still just an evolution the same way hardcore is. The Bad Brains are the begining of hardcore and PiL are more or less the beginings of Post-Punk both around 1978

Dr Zayus
03-24-2007, 06:36 PM
postpunk is punk still just an evolution the same way hardcore is. The Bad Brains are the begining of hardcore and PiL are more or less the beginings of Post-Punk both around 1978

Kind of. Joy Division had a completely different post-punk style to PiL, who stuck closer to Punk in their early albums.

9th Warrior
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Kind of. Joy Division had a completely different post-punk style to PiL, who stuck closer to Punk in their early albums.

Joy Division was different with chilled-out tempos and keyboards, but PiL was just as different, Metal Box/Second Issue was as much a Dub Rock album as a Post Punk album. They were both very experimental bands.

xHard to Earnx
03-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Found this stuff (other than The Ergs! 7") today in a shitty little record store in Little Rock today. So stoked. I need to go back a bunch more times. Looks like someone was really into the 90's at the time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/cumshot/3-24-Records.jpg

If anyone has mp3s of this stuff other than the As It Stands 7", please for the love of Chokehold, YSI that stuff.

crass
03-25-2007, 04:10 AM
dude.

A) apartment 213 rules and is like the most pissed off powerviolence ever

B) that vegan reich record rules and you're lucky as fuck to find it. how much was it, like $3??

i will trade that for something. check my HYE list here (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1555) and let me know if you see something you want but i wouldn't blame you for wanting to keep it. jeeeeez.

ain't playing a game it’s a war which we fight. In defense of earth’s future and all forms of life, against those in the way all is justified. And for what I believe I’m willing to die to free those enslaved I’ll take a life. Won’t shed a tear, I know I am right, and if I am caught, I’ll pay the price

amazing. punkest lyrics ever (minus the militatn vegan bent, but whatever)

xHard to Earnx
03-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Everything in that picture was fucking $4! I completely lost my shit. I was kinda bummed because I thought I was just going home with a Farside LP, and then I found that box. Apparently there's a few more boxes of 7"s dude doesn't have out yet. So stoked to go back.

I went over everything in those last night. All the inserts and stuff are there. The stuff in that Vegan Reich one is insane. The hardline propaganda rules so much.

Also, did you hear the A213 full length that came out last year? It's probably some of their best stuff ever.

crass
03-25-2007, 04:37 PM
the hardline propaganda is hilarious. i actually do have the Vegan Reich 7" in MP3 form if you want me to up it.

are you referring to apt. 213's "cleveland powerviolence" CD? because i only have the 93-97 record, which kicks ass, but i'm probably gonna cop the other one.

as far as other vegan edge bands go, you ever listen to Culture?

xHard to Earnx
03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I definitely would love it if you uploaded that. I used to have a hilarious mix CD of vegan bands on it and that was on there, but it's pretty wrecked at this point.

Yeah, that's the one. It's really, really good. The only other Apt 213 stuff I've heard is Vacancy. It rules.

I think I listened to Culture once or twice, but they sounded too much like a metal band to me. That might've been Morning Again though. I get the two mixed up all the time.

My favorite vegan records are All Out War, the Earth Crisis demo, the above Vegan Reich 7" and the Cannon 7" (http://coregasm.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html if you haven't heard it).

crass
03-25-2007, 06:29 PM
It's uploading right now. I have some other stuff you might be interested in, too, one band in particular but I forget their name. There's somewhere on my itunes. I actually have that Canon 7" in mp3 form, if it's called THE SOLUTION, as well as every Culture song ever (the really raw shit is similar to AOW era Earth Crisis).

stuff like Apartment 213 is probably my favorite type of hardcore, that 90's powerviolence sound like Spazz, Despise You (angriest band ever), Asshole PArade (who i saw on friday -- killer), etc.

of course I like my tough guy hardcore too. Just traded a Hellchild 7" for the Donnybrook "Tha 03 Demo" demo CD.

vegan reich
http://download.yousendit.com/E640B4E35A465956

let me know if it works

xHard to Earnx
03-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks a ton. This is seriously such an underrated record. People like to just see it for the hardline stuff and laugh at it, but there's some legitimately awesome core on here.

crass
03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I agree completely. The fucking guitar on "no one is innocent" is amazing. I normally hate guitar solo shit but it's just sooooo good in that song.

xHard to Earnx
03-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm such a dumb fuck. I can't believe it, but probably my number three vegan mosh record ever and I fucking forgot. That Green Rage 7". I don't know if they put out anything else, but that shit right there rules.

xHard to Earnx
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Went back to the record store and got some cool stuff, most notable being the first Into Another LP, another Lifetime 7", and Monster X - Attrition 7". I've never heard Monster X, but I've heard of them and recognized the Ebullition label. I listened to it earlier today and I have no idea if it rules or sucks, because the turntable I used only works on 33. It sounded cool regardless.

xHard to Earnx
03-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Mos def not me. Too much work. I restrict myself to catcher only.

crass
03-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Went back to the record store and got some cool stuff, most notable being the first Into Another LP, another Lifetime 7", and Monster X - Attrition 7". I've never heard Monster X, but I've heard of them and recognized the Ebullition label. I listened to it earlier today and I have no idea if it rules or sucks, because the turntable I used only works on 33. It sounded cool regardless.

Monster X rules. how much you like them depends on how receptive you are to grindcore in general. they have a 7" where they cover classic youth crew songs/bands. i have their discography CD and in most of the songs the drums are mixed way too low. but overall, they rule cuz you rarely have edge grind bands, much less with lyrics like theirs.

xHard to Earnx
03-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Haha, I only bought because it said straight edge in it.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Monster X rules. how much you like them depends on how receptive you are to grindcore in general. they have a 7" where they cover classic youth crew songs/bands. i have their discography CD and in most of the songs the drums are mixed way too low. but overall, they rule cuz you rarely have edge grind bands, much less with lyrics like theirs.

I was going to bring up Monster X, excellent band from upstate New York really heavy grind. Anyone into Charles Bronson or Los Crudos?

crass
03-30-2007, 05:32 PM
charles bronson rules. i love them and that whole school/scene they were a part of, like spazz, asshole parade, etc. i have the original charles bronson demo tape, in fact

i saw asshole parade last friday. it kicked ass. i bought an asshole parade lighter and a bright yellow AP shirt which i am wearing now.

i haven't listened too closely to Crudos but i have their split with Spitboy.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-30-2007, 06:25 PM
charles bronson rules. i love them and that whole school/scene they were a part of, like spazz, asshole parade, etc. i have the original charles bronson demo tape, in fact

i saw asshole parade last friday. it kicked ass. i bought an asshole parade lighter and a bright yellow AP shirt which i am wearing now.

i haven't listened too closely to Crudos but i have their split with Spitboy.

Yeah Spazz rule! I never heard AP but I know about them. The Crudos discography is amazing. I saw them live in New Haven in 98 and that was one ofthe best show ive ever been to they had the same drummer as CB I used to have the Brosnson discography on clear vinyl was cool. ManIsTheBastard were radical as well

xHard to Earnx
03-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I haven't listened to Charles Bronson in a few years probably, but I remember not being into it.

I don't get MITB. I've got the discog on here, but it's not doing much for me. I'm not about to listen to it all the way through just to find out what rules either. Neanderthal on the other hand ruled.

crass
03-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah Spazz rule! I never heard AP but I know about them. The Crudos discography is amazing. I saw them live in New Haven in 98 and that was one ofthe best show ive ever been to they had the same drummer as CB I used to have the Brosnson discography on clear vinyl was cool. ManIsTheBastard were radical as well

MITB rule.

dude you had the Charles Bronson LP on clear vinyl? that's the Youth Attack LP, and if yours was on clear vinyl that was the special edition that goes on ebay for like $130

what happened to it?

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-30-2007, 06:30 PM
MITB rule.

dude you had the Charles Bronson LP on clear vinyl? that's the Youth Attack LP, and if yours was on clear vinyl that was the special edition that goes on ebay for like $130

what happened to it?

Yeah Youth Attack!(I have another regular version) fuck it, my punk friend got hundreds of records when I was broke, that bastard has a library of records literally- Im glad for him though cause I have moved around so much that I dont keep anything for a long time. I used to collect punk records I had hundreds and hundreds I still have my Bad Brains and Clash and Crudos as well as some hiphop

crass
03-30-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah man i hear that. i had a friend who had thousands of records, including retardedly rare shit like the original Project X 7" with the Schism zine. i only collect shit i really like though -- i'm not really a fanatic and bands i only moderately enjoy i won't bother with every pressing or color. but i keep up a trade/want list.

but xHTEx, i still have my eye on your vegan reich 7" :list:

xHard to Earnx
03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Not happening. I sill have to go check it all the time since I can barely believe I bought the thing for $4. I refuse to believe it's actually there.

I listened to it on the wrong speed the other day. It sounded kinda awesome.

crass
04-01-2007, 07:54 PM
^^^you ever heard the old NJ band ENCOUNTER?

they are so fucking crucial!

xHard to Earnx
04-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Never even heard of them.

crass
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
yo man. go here and download the "lost" ep

http://www.middleagedyouth.com/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=89FE3F01-2E30-0394-43284575BEA8393F

if you wanna preview them i put a song on my radio show's myspace

myspace.com/wmbrcultureshock

they're really great man.

Here's yet another example of a great band dropping one phenomenal record and proceeding to drop off the face of the earth. Encounter were a Straight Edge Hardcore band from New Jersey that hit the scene at a time when the massive SE boom of the mid-late 80s was collapsing on itself and all of the old bands were either going post-Hardcore or dropping out of the scene altogether. The "Lost" 7" was released on Redemption Records in 1991, containing 4 songs that were recorded at the infamous Don Fury Studios NYC in June. The band also appeared that year on the Smorgasbord Records Animal Rights compilation "Voice of the Voiceless" with a song that was a leftover from the same Don Fury session. That comp had some great bands on there and deserves it's own post (and will get one eventually), but rest assured that Encounter absolutely blows every other group on that thing straight to shit - and that song is nowhere near the level of the 4 on the EP! Even though the record sold quite a few copies initially, it quickly disappeared from sight and they were gone right after this brief flash. I believe that the entire career of this band spanned the course of a single year (1990-1991). All I know about any of these guys is that the singer Jason Jordan was co-running Redemption right after this and moved to Philadelphia along with the label, so that may be one reason for the band's demise. Other than that, I couldn't tell you a thing about why they broke up or what they went on to do.

But damn, what a record. Their sound was sort of a slowed-down version of Youth Crew SEHC, with more emphasis on melody musically and less emphasis on SE lyrically. The singer had that "pleading" vocal style, where he sounds like he's really trying to convey something to you but it's just not working out the way he hoped. Many singers have done a similar thing, but this fucker had that shit perfected, conveying pure agonizing emotion in the process. The music added to the tension - build-ups that sort of dissolve rather than release into the mosh part that you would expect, though plenty of mosh is present (slow to mid-tempo). To me the sound screams "New Jersey Hardcore", but in any case this whole style would come to be the norm in a much smaller scene shortly after their ending and just before the mid-late 90s SE/Vegan revival that brought on the Metal Core and/or Screamo bands. "Break Free" has the killer HC mosh intro that was an absolute necessity at one point for HC bands. It breaks out into some nice mid-tempo galloping moshiness as well, before slowing back down again for the ending. And the title track is full of the tension I was describing above, lyrically summing up the record's theme and overall mood:

"I tried to rise above my heart's hopeless hold
And in my last dying breath, I admit myself to this cold
I'm lost in this cold..."

xHard to Earnx
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Into it.

It sounds like Shelter era Ray Cappo singing over Turning Point meets Bringin It Down Judge.

crass
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
glad you dig it man. encounter rules.

anyway, i have an idea.

any of the main dudes here (kwu, 9th warrior, HTE, myself) wanna make mixes for one another, of shit we dig? CD-Rs or tapes. i have so much ill shit on vinyl but don't have my cassettte deck up here. fortunately i put a lot of my favorite vinyl on my comp.

i love trading mixtapes and shit and making mixes for people. is anyone down for this? shit's mad fun.

crust
04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
i'm down to make a mix tape and trade. i've always done this type of shit for friends that i live up north from me. i would record some new bands that i wanted them to check out and they would do the same. fuck yeah i'm down!

hit me up. peace.

crass
04-09-2007, 02:22 AM
PMed

xHard to Earnx
04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm all about that. I've got some awesome regional stuff that unfortunately doesn't get too far around.

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Good idea Crass

9th Warrior
04-09-2007, 05:25 PM
yeah, ill do it

9th Warrior
04-22-2007, 09:24 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0hHzcodvpw
You Got A Lot of Questions For Me
Fugazi "Great Cop"

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-22-2007, 12:46 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?ve0hHzcodvpw
You Got A Lot of Questions For Me
Fugazi "Great Cop"

e0hHzcodvpw

9th Warrior
04-22-2007, 01:48 PM
thnx kwu, i dont understand embedding of youtube vids

oDoUoSoKo
04-22-2007, 06:14 PM
any punk bands a metal head might dig?

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-22-2007, 06:19 PM

Bad Brains, Samhain, Black Flag, Discharge, Misfits, Agnostic Front

xHard to Earnx
04-22-2007, 06:56 PM

First off, THE CRO-MAGS
http://www.cromags.com/music.html
Download their best record there.

Other bands:

Antidote
Black Flag
Buried Alive
Earth Crisis (suck it, haters)
Breakdown
Bad Brains
Amebix
Napalm Death
Blacklisted
Integrity
RINGWORM
Discharge
Infest
Crossed Out
GISM
Inside Out
Siege
Deep Wound

oDoUoSoKo
04-22-2007, 07:43 PM
i herd of black flag, bad brains and such.....which lead singer made the best albums with black flag tho...? (rollins?)

xHard to Earnx
04-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Depends on who you ask.

I like everything up to and including Damaged. Your best bet is to start with is The First Four Years, Everything Went Black, and Damaged.

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Damaged is their best followed by The First Four Years comp. with Bad Brains start with Black Dots

xHard to Earnx
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I say fuck Black Dots and go with Roir.

9th Warrior
04-25-2007, 07:04 PM
black dots and roir are equally as important and offer different versions of same songs plusss
sound quality of black dots >>>>> roir

crass
04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Black Dots is good, but, for example, compare the ROIR "Banned in DC" to the one on Black Dots. it's just way more nuts. plus ROIR has "sailing on"

speaking of, has anyone heard the Moby cover of Sailing On?

xHard to Earnx
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Black Dots has a shitty version of the Regulator.

So fuck it.

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-26-2007, 05:51 PM
the ROIR was the first one I ever got; great record . the Omega Sessions are also real cool

9th Warrior
04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah and it also has a dope version of attitude, prolly my favorite take

Ghost_Deini_
05-03-2007, 12:15 AM
i got the roir version. i like the raw sounding production on it personally...

coughcool
05-03-2007, 07:43 PM
historically they both have strong impact. it was black dots (which was actually the bad brains demo back when) being passed out to guys like Ian Mackaye and whoever else was around DC. THAT was the tape that got people playing faster. The RIOR sessions were later but equally as influential to everyone else outside of DC. Personally, I like Black Dots more - but to each his own. I like that the songs are bit slower.

blackdots has how low can a punk get and RIOR SESSIONS has Big takeover. you win either way.

coughcool
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
oh yeah, the metal head thing...

Dr. Know - Plug In Jesus (80s HC but tuned down with metal riffs)
S.O.D. - Stormtroopers of Death (you should have already heard this)
Annihilation Time - anything (they are around now - go see em!)
Government Warning (see them -they are touring I think)

oh yeah - MASTER has a record out called MASTER (go figure) - dont look too much into their other stuff. Its older but if you like death metal mixed with discharge check that shit out.

TERRORIZER!!!!!!!!

crass
05-05-2007, 03:02 PM
historically they both have strong impact. it was black dots (which was actually the bad brains demo back when) being passed out to guys like Ian Mackaye and whoever else was around DC. .

cool, i didn't know that.

MERAUDER + ALL OUT WAR TONIGHT, I'M LEAVING IN LIKE AN HOUR. BRUTALITY.

xHard to Earnx
05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Mosh for Knew L0wz.

waffles
05-09-2007, 09:20 PM
I fuckin love punk and hardcore music.
and for all yall who asscociate that with emo shit,
FUCK EMO!
what im talkin about is straight up punk rock! no need for record executive pushin ya around, no need for mad advertisement. im talkin about raw music here. and yall wu heads on here (including me) obviously appreciate raw music. and when i say raw, im talkin about punk and hardcore that pummel a hole in ya fukin head wen u listen to it. Check the Germs, Bad Brains, early Misfits, Clash, Minor Threat, Black Flag and all that shit...and stay away from new bands like Taking Back Sunday and another new bands who claim to be punk, cuz theyre just faggots.
rock on mothafuckazzzz!!!:spin: :spin: :spin:

Truth. I love you.

Punk music is the best.. When you are by yourself going somewhere blasting your ears out to that shit on top volume.. I love it.

Bad Brains are amazing... not soo hardcore but my favorite band atm is definitely The Hives.

9th Warrior
05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
^hell yeah b brains rule

fabiojonz
05-16-2007, 07:32 AM
the roir album is way better than black dots, I don't
regret buying black dots,but don't listen to it much if you know what I mean, I might be the only one, but i think black dots sounds kind of like the ramones haha

Ghost_Deini_
05-20-2007, 01:10 PM
ive been in such a crack rock steady mood lately..

crass
05-23-2007, 01:48 PM
new death before dishonor is pretty good

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-24-2007, 07:03 AM
http://www.interpunk.com/itemimages2/58181.gif

https://www.profaneexistence.com/PageMill_Resources/image176.gifhttp://www.interpunk.com/itemimages2/29123.gif
https://www.profaneexistence.com/PageMill_Resources/AssrashLP.gif
http://www.diskshop-misery.com/cgi/img/20040625145158los-crudos-mk-ultra.JPG
http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/amg/pop_albums/4/4/8/g44114a2u80.jpghttp://www.sputnikmusic.com/images/albums/3569.jpg
http://www.eyeballrecords.com/releases/covers_large/krays_insidewarfare.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/goddess_of_oddness/casualties.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/22/225px-AusRottenBand.jpg

9th Warrior
05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Finally got to hear Samhain, don't know why I didn't earlier. This shit is maybe slower than Misfits but lightyears ahead of Danzig, and it's heavy and it just rules. I can't even choose a favorite, both albums and the EP are vital. Haven't heard Final Descent or anything else though. My suggestion is if you dig Misfits, check Samhain, I don't know why I didn't sooner.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Samhain_Group.JPG/220px-Samhain_Group.JPG

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Samhain I like the best of the three maybe Misfits were incredible too first Danzig was cool too not much into them though

lips
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.artonline.it/img/cafe/Lucani/Wattie_g.jpg

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-01-2007, 02:53 PM
yeah man same shit different toilet i guess

9th Warrior
06-01-2007, 05:57 PM
after listening for a while, I decided I like Intium the best out of all of Samhain's stuff. The atmosphere just got the basement dungeon feel and everything's grinding like hell. Second favorite is Unholy Passion, hungry end is killer, with November in third. All great albums, thats just how i see them.

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-01-2007, 07:16 PM
after listening for a while, I decided I like Intium the best out of all of Samhain's stuff. The atmosphere just got the basement dungeon feel and everything's grinding like hell. Second favorite is Unholy Passion, hungry end is killer, with November in third. All great albums, thats just how i see them.

I only heard November Fire but its my favourite of all Danzigs work man

9th Warrior
06-01-2007, 07:47 PM
yeah november is really great too, but you should check out the others

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-02-2007, 04:59 AM
where though man?

9th Warrior
06-02-2007, 10:17 AM
i d/l'd, couldn't find them ANYWHERE else

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
yeah fuck that dling shit man artists need to get paid too bro! but i agree though when its completely unavailable elsewhere though

9th Warrior
06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah i agree with that, and Samhain's shit has been reissued I think, but I really just can't find it.

9th Warrior
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
promises are shit. we speak the way we breathe. present air will have to do. rearrange and see it through.

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-15-2007, 12:05 AM
fugazi.

9th Warrior
06-15-2007, 08:12 AM
yeah margin walker ep rules

9th Warrior
06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
dag nasty sucked without sean brown

crass
06-26-2007, 01:02 PM
dag nasty sucked without sean brown

No way dude. Sean Brown's the original vocalist right? But "Can I Say" with Dave Smalley absolutely rules.

9th Warrior
06-26-2007, 04:26 PM
yeah can i say is good, but i saw videos of them doing the same songs from can i say on youtube with sean and i liked them more but i havent heard any studio recorded output.

as a sidenote, wig out at denkos just sucks.

9th Warrior
06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I just picked up "old school" by 7 Seconds, this rules. it's so good. holy shit.

Billy Danzenie
06-28-2007, 06:48 PM
High On Fire

xHard to Earnx
06-28-2007, 07:46 PM
as a sidenote, wig out at denkos just sucks.

Fuck you.

xHard to Earnx
06-28-2007, 07:48 PM
High On Fire

Awesome, but doesn't belong in here.

Billy Danzenie
06-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Awesome, but doesn't belong in here.
oh sorry

xtaltha
06-29-2007, 01:06 AM
i love the clash for sure, as well as the ramones.

9th Warrior
06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Fuck you.

do you like wig out more than can i say?

xHard to Earnx
06-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Depends what day of the week it is.

I will say that for awhile if I didn't listen to Can I Say at least once a day, I'd feel like I missing out on something.

9th Warrior
07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
pink flag.

Memory Man
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.etudiants.phy.ulaval.ca/~pystl/Dead_Kennedys/Plastic.jpg
Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters

Personally i like this better than Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables, although it's a close call. One of my favorite punk albums.

DJMethods
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/IZ4H7169.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/IZ4H7242.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/IZ4H7175.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/IZ4H7048.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/img105.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/sickaffa202.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/sickaffa2016.jpg

FULL FRONTAL ASSAULT^^, most niggaz pack up and leave after this band does a set. Always saying the same shit "there's no fuckin way we top that or come close, the crowd will rip us apart". then they leave cuz its true, they'll catch a beatdown trying to hold a show together like full frontal assualt does. just watch, FFA's gonna be famous. there already infamous as hell. these guys are punk as fuck.

I was reading this thread... but HAHAHAHAHA at that shit.

Go on.

Krimewave
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
http://www.etudiants.phy.ulaval.ca/~pystl/Dead_Kennedys/Plastic.jpg

Personally i like this better than Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables, although it's a close call. One of my favorite punk albums.

word, probably the best Punk Album ever made.

Ghost_Deini_
08-03-2007, 12:59 AM
yeah i love that album.

crass
08-03-2007, 01:41 AM
http://www.etudiants.phy.ulaval.ca/%7Epystl/Dead_Kennedys/Plastic.jpg

word, probably the best Punk Album ever made.

yeah i love that album.

Yeah, it's one of the best punk albums ever, and by far the best DK album, musically and lyrically.

9th Warrior
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM
anyone like no-wave?
i've recently been bored with some of what i usually listen to, and i checked some late 70's early 80's no wave out. i like DNA, and i like the idea of just making noise instead of playing chords, and also SWANS is fucking heavy, even if they aren't totally no wave or at least they're more electronic on later albums. I kindof find Teenage Jesus and The Jerks a little annoying, and James Chance is okay, but the only way i can describe no wave is...difficult.
what do you guys think?

Cthulhu
08-09-2007, 04:35 PM
anyone like no-wave?
i've recently been bored with some of what i usually listen to, and i checked some late 70's early 80's no wave out. i like DNA, and i like the idea of just making noise instead of playing chords, and also SWANS is fucking heavy, even if they aren't totally no wave or at least they're more electronic on later albums. I kindof find Teenage Jesus and The Jerks a little annoying, and James Chance is okay, but the only way i can describe no wave is...difficult.
what do you guys think?

Aren't Swans considered a No Wave band? I have Cop and Young God by them. It's pretty intense stuff. Definately the precursor to Godflesh.

Anyone like Napalm Death? Their early shit was VERY influenced by hardcore. Grindcore used to be closer to punk before most of the bands in that genre crossed over into death metal.

9th Warrior
08-12-2007, 02:05 PM
yeah early swans is no-wave but they got gothic by the late 80's early 90's

Ghost_Deini_
08-16-2007, 01:24 AM
can anybody upload some verbal threat or some other good crossover bans you might know? i love DRI, MDC and SOD, and im getting some early COC right now.

lips
08-16-2007, 07:27 AM
can anybody upload some verbal threat or some other good crossover bans you might know? i love DRI, MDC and SOD, and im getting some early COC right now.

try...the exploited's "beat the bastards" and "fuck the system" albums...watch the video for "never sell out"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=US6fNnzDpdg

listen to system fucked up...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5x60gCi0Cw

...they started off as a streetpunk band...and that's what i'll always call them and what they call themselves, but those 2 albums are on a more metal side. they are also recording a new album for nuclear blast records. try them. they've been around for 26 years now! they chew up some of these young bands and spit them out. you'll love it...i find punk to be like hip-hop, in that i usually like the harder stuff. have you got into any streetpunk?

Ghost_Deini_
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
yeah i used to listen to their older stuff. thanks.

9th Warrior
08-22-2007, 11:14 AM
anyone like flipper??
http://a756.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01271/55/70/1271700755_l.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=118178141&albumID=0&imageID=113461)

coughcool
09-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Here you go -

Municpal waste - check out the video on you tube
Leeway (i dont lke em but you might)
Cro Mags - early stuff
Celtic frost's first record. its bad ass crossover
Dr. Know - Plug In Jesus
Annihilation time - anything
Master - self titled record
Void
Token entry

there is a TON of more shit out there from the early 80s.

Wu-Ronin
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
BADBRAINS is my favorite punk band

9th Warrior
11-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Modern Life Is War...one of the best new hardcore bands out right now imo...first and most recent albums are great but Witness is outstanding

Ghost_Deini_
11-03-2007, 11:24 PM
yeah modern life is war is one of the few newer hardcore bands i listen to.

crass
11-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Yooooooooooooooo....

one of the SICKEST NEW BANDS RIGHT NOW...

FUCKING

NEW LOWS from Boston. One of the heaviest, most brutal bands right now. They have a demo out right now (which rips) and they're gonna havea 7" out sometime this winter.

http://www.myspace.com/newlows

LISTEN TO "LOWEST DEPTHS" AND FUCKING MOSH LIKE FUCK

J-Ronin
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I was raised on punk and hardcore as well as hip-hop

Crass- I actually chilled with Steve Ignorant (the singer of Crass) back in 97 or 98 at my man Neil from Tribal War Records crib.

As far as bands I like - i loved it all from anarcho punk to straight dms hardcore bands, Oi too. I did some record distro back in the day. Also I had all the early maximum rock n rolls from the early 80's, Guilitine mag from NY and a few others

Let me just name a massive list of groups from all the sub genres

Cromags
Bad Brains
Warzone (RIP Raybeez)
Agnostic Front
Murphy's Law
The Mob
Breakdown
Gorilla Biscuits
Youth of Today
Chain of Strength
Bold
Blood for Blood
Kill Your Idols
Crass
Dirt
Flux of Pink Indians
The other Mob from the UK
Subhumans
Citizen Fish
Dead Kennedys (I have all thier early shit)
DOA
Angelic Upstarts
The Oppressed
The Street Troopers
Red Alert
4-Skins
Aus-Rotten
Detestation
Defiance
Assrash
Distraught
As$troland
The Unseen
Discharge
Misery
Amebix
Icons of Filth
The Clash
Sham 69
The Business
Madball
The Misfits
Anti-Product
Infa-Riot
Newtown Neurotics
The Redskins
Blitz
Leeway
Token Entry
SSD
Gang Green
Stiff Little Fingers
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
The Skabs
Final Warning
Suicidal Tendecies
The Casualties
BGK
Hiatus
Destroy
Code 13
Shark Attack
Septic Death
The Dicks
MDC
Anti-System
Articles of Faith
GISM
Viscous Circle
Crucifix
UK Subs
7 Seconds
Youth Brigade
Cold as Life
Hatebreed
Mindsnare (good hardcore band from Australia, saw them rock in Melbourne)
Minor Threat
Reagan Youth
Fugazi
Nausea
APPLE
The Germs
Operation IVY
NOFX
The Descendants
ALL
Negative Approach
Poison Idea
Sick of it All
The Bruisers
Dropkick Murphy's

Shit man thats enough. Lol, I was into all kinds of shit man. Shout out to anybody who knows who half of these bands are

-J

Krimewave
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM

Crass- I actually chilled with Steve Ignorant (the singer of Crass) back in 97 or 98 at my man Neil from Tribal War Records crib.

As far as bands I like - i loved it all from anarcho punk to straight dms hardcore bands, Oi too. I did some record distro back in the day. Also I had all the early maximum rock n rolls from the early 80's, Guilitine mag from NY and a few others

Cromags
Bad Brains
Warzone (RIP Raybeez)
Agnostic Front
Murphy's Law
The Mob
Breakdown
Gorilla Biscuits
Youth of Today
Chain of Strength
Bold
Blood for Blood
Kill Your Idols
Crass
Dirt
Flux of Pink Indians
Subhumans
Citizen Fish
DOA
Angelic Upstarts
The Oppressed
The Street Troopers
Red Alert
4-Skins
Aus-Rotten
Detestation
Defiance
Assrash
Distraught
As$troland
The Unseen
Discharge
Misery
Amebix
Icons of Filth
The Clash
Sham 69
The Business
Madball
The Misfits
Anti-Product
Infa-Riot
Newtown Neurotics
The Redskins
Blitz
Leeway
Token Entry
SSD
Gang Green
Stiff Little Fingers
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
The Skabs
Final Warning
Suicidal Tendecies
The Casualties
BGK
Hiatus
Destroy
Code 13
Shark Attack
Septic Death
The Dicks
MDC
Anti-System
Articles of Faith
GISM
Viscous Circle
Crucifix
UK Subs
7 Seconds
Youth Brigade
Cold as Life
Hatebreed
Minor Threat
Reagan Youth
Fugazi
Nausea
APPLE
The Germs
Operation IVY
NOFX
The Descendants
ALL
Negative Approach
Poison Idea
Sick of it All
The Bruisers
Dropkick Murphy's

Shit man thats enough. Lol, I was into all kinds of shit man. Shout out to anybody who knows who half of these bands are

-J

word. I blazed up with Steve and Colin a couple of times after Steve joined up with Conflict. real down to earth dudes.
I aint heard of all those bands, but I counted about 20 I seen play live on that list.

crass
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM

Cromags
Bad Brains
Warzone (RIP Raybeez)
Agnostic Front
Murphy's Law
The Mob
Breakdown
Gorilla Biscuits
Youth of Today
Chain of Strength
Bold
Blood for Blood
Kill Your Idols
Crass
Dirt
Flux of Pink Indians
Subhumans
Citizen Fish
DOA
Angelic Upstarts
The Oppressed
The Street Troopers
Red Alert
4-Skins
Aus-Rotten
Detestation
Defiance
Assrash
Distraught
As$troland
The Unseen
Discharge
Misery
Amebix
Icons of Filth
The Clash
Sham 69
The Business
Madball
The Misfits
Anti-Product
Infa-Riot
Newtown Neurotics
The Redskins
Blitz
Leeway
Token Entry
SSD
Gang Green
Stiff Little Fingers
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
The Skabs
Final Warning
Suicidal Tendecies
The Casualties
BGK
Hiatus
Destroy
Code 13
Shark Attack
Septic Death
The Dicks
MDC
Anti-System
Articles of Faith
GISM
Viscous Circle
Crucifix
UK Subs
7 Seconds
Youth Brigade
Cold as Life
Hatebreed
Minor Threat
Reagan Youth
Fugazi
Nausea
APPLE
The Germs
Operation IVY
NOFX
The Descendants
ALL
Negative Approach
Poison Idea
Sick of it All
The Bruisers
Dropkick Murphy's

-J

That rules man! That's my shit. I remember seeing a pic of your tattoo on your myspace, the GB Gorilla! I listen to a ton of the bands you've mentioned there, and as far as DMS goes, today I actually just bought Vietnom's "Death is the Outcome" CD. I'm not really too into the more straightforward hip-hop that comes out of the DMS camp though.

Edit: Just gotta mention that Reagan Youth is one of my favorite bands of all time, very underrated as far as NYHC goes. I do a radio show every friday night too, with my friend. Shit keeps me sane. Peace J.

J-Ronin
11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
thats what it is. I used to book hardcore and punk shows. Did a few in Brooklyn and some at ABC No RIO. I also used to do the door and security there. Had to fuck up a few skinheads and rowdy ass crusy punk rockers over the years lol

whats your email crass? You too krimewave. I gotta add y'all to me email list for shows, parties etc

-J

Cthulhu
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Alot of early black metal of the raw variety (as opposed to the folky/symphonic bands) had a noticable punk influence, particularly with the use of D-beat drumming.

Someone already mentioned Celtic Frost. Also:

Darkthrone (mainly on A Blaze in the Northern Sky and Under a Funeral Moon)

Bathory (First three albums)

Mayhem (particularly Deathcrush era)

crass
11-08-2007, 12:06 AM
thats what it is. I used to book hardcore and punk shows. Did a few in Brooklyn and some at ABC No RIO. I also used to do the door and security there. Had to fuck up a few skinheads and rowdy ass crusy punk rockers over the years lol

whats your email crass? You too krimewave. I gotta add y'all to me email list for shows, parties etc

-J

Yo man that would rule. I'll PM it to you. I kick myself for not growing up in NYC during the hardcore of the early-mid 90s, not to mention the 80s.

Alot of early black metal of the raw variety (as opposed to the folky/symphonic bands) had a noticable punk influence, particularly with the use of D-beat drumming.

Someone already mentioned Celtic Frost. Also:

Darkthrone (mainly on A Blaze in the Northern Sky and Under a Funeral Moon)

Bathory (First three albums)

Mayhem (particularly Deathcrush era)

Yeah, that's true. I can't get too into it (vocals don't do it for me) but I do appreciate how raw it is.

Dime
11-11-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm definitely a punk fan.Maybe not so much hardcore music.Just to show some people I listen to...

-Minor Threat
-Bad Religion
-Black Flag
-Fugazi
-Bad Brains
-Circle Jerks
-Dead Kennedys

Only a small fan,but it went from Black Flag and its still growing so...

crass
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Check out Mother of Mercy. Awesome band named after an awesome song by an awesome band (Samhain)

myspace.com/motherofmercyhc

Listen to "Iceburn"

9th Warrior
11-16-2007, 02:02 PM
^ those guys are dope.

crass, i remember you posting a song by Have Heart a while back in this thread, and i just picked up What Counts and it rules.

crass
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah man, they're a very good band. I'm generally not too into that style specifically but I think they have very good lyrics and they're very down to earth.

Check that band New Lows I posted about a couple posts up.

http://www.myspace.com/newlows

9th Warrior
11-16-2007, 08:09 PM
New Lows rips, i really like "lucifer crucified"

STYLE
11-16-2007, 08:59 PM
FUGAZI-prolly my all time fav punk band, 13Songs and steady diet of nothing were dope albums. i still rock em today.

Black Flag
Ramones
S.O.A.D.
anyone remember a band called At The DriveIn? they shouldn't have split up. their shit was raw.

xHard to Earnx
11-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Best new band is Dead Black. Really. http://www.myspace.com/deadblack13

Cthulhu
11-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Can't remember if it was mentioned in this thread yet, but does anyone like old school grindcore?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5c/NDScum.jpg/614px-NDScum.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Enslavement_To_Obliteration.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/World_Downfall.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Reekofputrefaction.jpg

Krimewave
11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Can't remember if it was mentioned in this thread yet, but does anyone like old school grindcore?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/World_Downfall.jpg

word. this is possibly the best thrash album ever made.

Cthulhu
11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
word. this is possibly the best thrash album ever made.

It does have a pretty significant thrash influence, but I always considered it grindcore.

INF
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
FUGAZI-prolly my all time fav punk band, 13Songs and steady diet of nothing were dope albums. i still rock em today.

Black Flag
Ramones
S.O.A.D.
anyone remember a band called At The DriveIn? they shouldn't have split up. their shit was raw.

aT THE DRIVE IN WENT ON TO FORM tHE mARS vOLTA. aLMOST THE SAME THING. Sorry about the all caps. lock got stuck.

My Favorite Punk Bands since a way long time ago

Minor threat
Bad Brains
Misfits
The Dead Milkmen
Bikini Kill
Subhumans
Sex Pistols

idk ...theres a lot.

9th Warrior
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
^Mars Volta is a lot different than ATDI, Volta is way more prog/jazz than punk

9th Warrior
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
http://oldxschool.blogspot.com

Ghost_Deini_
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
its all about negative fx.

9th Warrior
12-06-2007, 06:31 PM
^Might Makes Right!

9th Warrior
12-08-2007, 07:41 AM
http://oldxschool.blogspot.com/2007/12/dag-nasty-demo-1985.html
Dag Nasty 1985 demos...this site truely rules.
interesting to hear Can I Say tracks with shawn, although i've come to really like dave's vocals as well.

fabiojonz
12-10-2007, 08:49 PM
napalm death is still the best the best grind band to this day, especially from enslavement to obliteration

i like a lot of the anarchist oriented grind coming out but i don't really get into the goregrind shit

Cthulhu
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
napalm death is still the best the best grind band to this day, especially from enslavement to obliteration

i like a lot of the anarchist oriented grind coming out but i don't really get into the goregrind shit
Most goregrind isn't worth listening to, but Carcass was always great. They got better as they became more death metal, but their first album is still pretty fun. Repulsion's Horrified is also another really good early grindcore/goregrind album.

Krimewave
12-19-2007, 08:25 PM
It does have a pretty significant thrash influence, but I always considered it grindcore.

when it was released there was no such thing as grindcore.
it was regarded as a thrash album.

Cthulhu
12-21-2007, 09:42 AM
when it was released there was no such thing as grindcore.
it was regarded as a thrash album.

Actually, that's not true. It was released in 1989, well into the grindcore era. Napalm Death had already released their landmark debut Scum in 1987 and the followup From Enslavement to Obliteration in 88, both pretty much the epitome of grindcore. Carcass had released Reek of Putrefaction in 88, Extreme Noise Terror and Repulsion were all established underground bands by this time.

Anyway, even it had been released before grindcore was a recognized genre, it would be retrospectively grouped as such. Bathory, Sodom, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, and Kreator all existed before there was a recognized genre called Black Metal, and Possessed and Death both formed before Death Metal was a recognized genre.

Paranoid
12-22-2007, 06:21 PM
altho i dont really bump this kinda stuff anymore my fav punk band would prolly be Rancid...

Wu-Ronin
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
i saw The Adicts play a concert yesterday at Corona Showcase Theatre in california. it was the best show i have ever seen, i moshed out, i crowd surfed, i did it all last night. i wish you guys were there.

Slide
01-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I hate punk rock!

Ginnsey
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
^^^ Co Sign..... its fuckin bolocks!

Bring back Zepplin!!!......... ohh wait they have!!!

Slide
01-22-2008, 08:56 AM
^^

9th Warrior
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
haha i wont even waste my time with you jokers

Krimewave
01-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Actually, that's not true. It was released in 1989, well into the grindcore era. Napalm Death had already released their landmark debut Scum in 1987 and the followup From Enslavement to Obliteration in 88, both pretty much the epitome of grindcore. Carcass had released Reek of Putrefaction in 88, Extreme Noise Terror and Repulsion were all established underground bands by this time.

Anyway, even it had been released before grindcore was a recognized genre, it would be retrospectively grouped as such. Bathory, Sodom, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, and Kreator all existed before there was a recognized genre called Black Metal, and Possessed and Death both formed before Death Metal was a recognized genre.

maybe it was called something different in your country, but Napalm Death's Scum album was regarded as Hardcore in the UK (where it originated) when it was released, as was the second album.

World Downfall can hardly be catagorised as the same genre as Napalm Death's first two albums or ENT, Electro Hippies, Sore Throat etc....

anyway, its neither here nor there tbh. World Downfall is a classic album, whatever the genre.
One of my favourite Brittish bands of that era were Doom. awesome live, never quite recaptured it on record though....

crass
01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
maybe it was called something different in your country, but Napalm Death's Scum album was regarded as Hardcore in the UK (where it originated) when it was released, as was the second album.

World Downfall can hardly be catagorised as the same genre as Napalm Death's first two albums or ENT, Electro Hippies, Sore Throat etc....

anyway, its neither here nor there tbh. World Downfall is a classic album, whatever the genre.
One of my favourite Brittish bands of that era were Doom. awesome live, never quite recaptured it on record though....

According to the official Doom myspace page, their old singer Tom is now a Nazi skinhead. But Doom will always rule.

Cthulhu
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM

Alot of current metal/hardcore genre definitions are retrospective. Just take what people call the "First Wave" of black metal. Most of those bands fit into different genres.

Yeah, Scum can also be categorized as a hardcore album, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't call it grindcore as well. I don't know of any strictly hardcore punk bands that use blastbeats. Grindcore, however, is basically defined by the presence of blastbeats.

It may not have marked the absolute birth of grindcore, but it was certainly the first full-length, officially released album of that genre. In fact, I think it was Mick Harris who actually coined the term "grindcore" (at least he claims so in the book "Choosing Death") because he used to call bands like Throbbing Gristle and Swans "grind" and he thought of his band as a combination of those kind of noisy experimental bands and hardcore punk. (They also described themselves as a mixture of Discharge and Celtic Frost, so I still don't know if they could be deemed strictly a hardcore band in that era.)

I have to disagree with your statement about World Downfall, though. I think it just has clearer production than early Napalm Death or Extreme Noise Terror, but basically those bands have the same idea of thrash metal/hardcore punk sections and really fucking fast blastbeat sections. Part of the reason it's so clear in comparison to early albums by ENT and NxDx is that it came out later, but Terrorizer were around even before Napalm Death had released Scum. They broke up shortly before they could ever get an album together, but after drummer Pete Sandoval got successful with the death metal band Morbid Angel he contacted the old members and they reformed to record that album from their demo material.

The same thing pretty much happened to the band Repulsion. They were another grindcore band predating Napalm Death's Scum, but they broke up after only a demo, but it was later remastered and released as their first album in 1989.

If you listen to World Downfall in comparison to Napalm Death's Mentally Murdered EP or Carcass' Symphonies of Sickness (which, I admit, is not pure grindcore; they were transitioning into death metal at that point) you'll see that it's not that far off from the direction grindcore was going. Basically...moving away from its hardcore roots into extreme metal territory instead.

Krimewave
01-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Alot of current metal/hardcore genre definitions are retrospective. Just take what people call the "First Wave" of black metal. Most of those bands fit into different genres.

Yeah, Scum can also be categorized as a hardcore album, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't call it grindcore as well. I don't know of any strictly hardcore punk bands that use blastbeats. Grindcore, however, is basically defined by the presence of blastbeats.

It may not have marked the absolute birth of grindcore, but it was certainly the first full-length, officially released album of that genre. In fact, I think it was Mick Harris who actually coined the term "grindcore" (at least he claims so in the book "Choosing Death") because he used to call bands like Throbbing Gristle and Swans "grind" and he thought of his band as a combination of those kind of noisy experimental bands and hardcore punk. (They also described themselves as a mixture of Discharge and Celtic Frost, so I still don't know if they could be deemed strictly a hardcore band in that era.)

I have to disagree with your statement about World Downfall, though. I think it just has clearer production than early Napalm Death or Extreme Noise Terror, but basically those bands have the same idea of thrash metal/hardcore punk sections and really fucking fast blastbeat sections. Part of the reason it's so clear in comparison to early albums by ENT and NxDx is that it came out later, but Terrorizer were around even before Napalm Death had released Scum. They broke up shortly before they could ever get an album together, but after drummer Pete Sandoval got successful with the death metal band Morbid Angel he contacted the old members and they reformed to record that album from their demo material.

The same thing pretty much happened to the band Repulsion. They were another grindcore band predating Napalm Death's Scum, but they broke up after only a demo, but it was later remastered and released as their first album in 1989.

If you listen to World Downfall in comparison to Napalm Death's Mentally Murdered EP or Carcass' Symphonies of Sickness (which, I admit, is not pure grindcore; they were transitioning into death metal at that point) you'll see that it's not that far off from the direction grindcore was going. Basically...moving away from its hardcore roots into extreme metal territory instead.

fair play.
I just think World Downfall sounds more "metal" than the Napalm Death stuff, which sounds more "punk" to me.

Slide
01-28-2008, 07:50 AM
I have a friend punk! He is cool guy!

9th Warrior
03-17-2008, 11:06 AM
how about san diego hardcore/screamo scene..early/mid nineties? obviously i wasn't there but through the advent of the internet i've really been getting into this stuff.

Antioch Arrow, Heroin, Ampere, Swing Kids...

this shit is chaos, but great really stands on its own.

ALCATRAZ
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Holy Shit I Didn't Know There Was A Hardcore Thread!!! Awesome!!!

ALCATRAZ
03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a friend punk! He is cool guy!
WTF LOL ROFL

ALCATRAZ
03-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I was smoking wit my homies the other day and I played Destruction Unit by Feederz and I think they got scared so I changed it to 2pac lolz

Blackula Spectacula
03-18-2008, 09:11 PM
were they black? ^

ALCATRAZ
03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
were they black? ^
Why do you ask?

crass
03-19-2008, 01:44 AM
how about san diego hardcore/screamo scene..early/mid nineties? obviously i wasn't there but through the advent of the internet i've really been getting into this stuff.

Antioch Arrow, Heroin, Ampere, Swing Kids...

this shit is chaos, but great really stands on its own.

Love this shit. Actually I love old-school emo, like 85-95. Some of my favorite music, it's a shame that word got ruined by a bunch of shitty pop bands.

Dude if you like Antioch Arrow, you would LOVE Clikitat Ikatowi. Similar vocal style, but the music is less nonsensical. Very interesting stuff, I can't really explain it. See if you can find a myspace page of theirs or something, or you can get their shit for cheap from Gravity Records. Gravity is THE label of bands from that scene and era.

If you like the stuff like Heroin, check out Mohinder, whose discography came out a couple years ago on GSL (dude from Mars Volta/ATDI's label). Mohinder had one or two members of Indian Summer.

PM me sometime, man...trade tunes.

ALCATRAZ
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Yo I checked out that INFEST album and that shit was too hardcore for my liking can you guys recommend some punk/hardcore that is a bit more chill I'm leaning more towards the older stuff not really into anything new I like the bands everyone likes like minor threat and bad brains something melodic like that

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-19-2008, 12:01 PM
yo is there any hardcore group like Glassjaw...I would like to hear more stuff like that

ALCATRAZ
03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Now bumpin...

Reagan Youth - U.S.A.

gasoline boots
03-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Later Black Flag with Rollins is the best shit there is. Ginn's guitar work really kept growing and getting better, and the later stuff is all great. My favorite album is definitely Slip It In. And if you think later Black Flag sounds metal you probably don't know what youre talking about.

9th Warrior
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
i actually listen to rollins more probably than keith, chavo or dez. i really like my war and the '82 demos, but i gotta say some of the much later Flag stuff wasn't that great; just kinda weird.

I GOT A CHAMBER
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
were they black? ^
i WANT THAT BAT TO SMASH SOME CARS

I GOT A CHAMBER
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Later Black Flag with Rollins is the best shit there is. Ginn's guitar work really kept growing and getting better, and the later stuff is all great. My favorite album is definitely Slip It In. And if you think later Black Flag sounds metal you probably don't know what youre talking about.
ITS FRIDAY YOU ANT GOT A JOB U AINT GOT SHIT TO DO

I GOT A CHAMBER
03-20-2008, 09:50 AM
i WANT TO GET HIGH SO HIGH

ALCATRAZ
03-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I like the earlier Black Flag albums I can't imagine listening to a version of Police Story without Dez on it lol.

9th Warrior
03-29-2008, 01:17 PM
indian summer. rules.

oDoUoSoKo
05-17-2008, 02:04 PM
anybody listen to Jello Biafra's Shit with The Melvins?? awesome..

Memory Man
05-20-2008, 05:05 AM

yeah, those albums really grew on me. i'm not a huge melvins fan, but they did a good job of updating the dk sound.

oDoUoSoKo
05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
i thought the same^^ more so for Never breathe...Jello is the man, man.

jay.robinson15
05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
i still dont get emo, what is that crap?

It's quite possibly the worst genre of music ever created. Seriously, how could anyone like this stuff? You have to be a little weirdo to enjoy this garbage.

gasoline boots
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
It's quite possibly the worst genre of music ever created. Seriously, how could anyone like this stuff? You have to be a little weirdo to enjoy this garbage.Pretty narrow-minded, aren't you? Can you give me an example of a band you would call "emo"?

oDoUoSoKo
05-27-2008, 07:30 PM
its B-Grade Goth, a state of mind, or lack there of.

TheWolf
05-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Me likey these, yes?

You agree me?

ri39J_076gg
z7b8JRFp184

ALCATRAZ
05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
3bZzM4s0Hgs

INF
05-29-2008, 02:22 AM

Upon listening to "We Gotta Bigger Problem Now" ... I want to hear this shit with the Melvins.

I seen a video of Jello with the Kennedy's and HE had these green gloves with a fuckin pink shirt. Weird shit. He spoke on some real shit though and I want to hear what he did with the Melvins.

I have a PM box and it holds a LOT of PM"s cuz I am VATICAN.

Blackula Spectacula
05-29-2008, 02:25 AM
fSvgAlH_bRU

I love Brody *sigh* <3 she's so hot

INF
05-29-2008, 02:35 AM
what band is that Blacku;a ? (I refuse to press pause on Dead Milkmen's Dead Lizard IN my Backyard (yeah ! thats real PUNK ROCK. you faggots.X_)

I cant be bothereed to see what kind of shit you got linked to youtube you fuckin simple p[lan evanesances lovin mf

Blackula Spectacula
05-29-2008, 03:23 AM
The Distillers

INF
05-29-2008, 03:27 AM
shit.....

I gotta....I gotta check that out cuz I never heard audio of them. I only read verbal cocksuckings from Rolling Stone Magazine about them.

Hold Up

*puts StyleMasterr/Infinity Exclusive on pause*

INF
05-29-2008, 03:32 AM
fSvgAlH_bRU

I love Brody *sigh* <3 she's so hot

Pretty good ,the music.

If I had to judge the girl on a fuck I guess thats a yes but her eye make up could make me have a bad Trip.

crust
05-29-2008, 05:59 AM
http://www.clairebear.com/distillers/images/brody38.jpg
yep...shes hot

Ghost_Deini_
06-03-2008, 12:26 AM
indian summer. rules.
yes. they do.

GreenPoop!
06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
FUGAZI!!!

I don't know many other punk hardcore bands, but I do and have loved Fugazi. Any suggestions?

gasoline boots
07-06-2008, 12:37 AM
FUGAZI!!!

I don't know many other punk hardcore bands, but I do and have loved Fugazi. Any suggestions?

Embrace, Rites of Spring, Brainworms (current band), Joy Division, later Black Flag, etc.....

Has anyone on here gotten into any foreign hardcore? I like a lot of it more than most American stuff, mostly Scandi stuff ie Anti-Cimex, Terveet Kadet, Mob 47, Headcleaners, Pohjasakka, Appendix, Melakka, etc. etc.

and also Japanese Hardcore is fucking awesome, check out bands like Gauze, Brain Death, S.O.B., Hammer, Gai, Systematic Death, etc.

9th Warrior
07-06-2008, 08:21 AM
i like foreign screamo like La Quiete, Kaospilot, and Kontrapunkt.

gasoline boots
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM
i like foreign screamo like La Quiete, Kaospilot, and Kontrapunkt.

I'll have to check some of these out cause i've heard things but never listened, and im into orchid, angelhair and stuff like that. albums to check out by these or similar?

9th Warrior
07-06-2008, 07:53 PM
i'll list some albums/bands

"All Our Tomorrow's End Today" by Ampere
"Discography" by Heroin
"Make Your Own Noise" by Frail
"Ohio Killed The Grey Ghost" by Kodan Armada
"Discography" by Mohinder
"An Anthology" by Policy of 3 (they're like a screamo fugazi)
"This is Medicine" or "Discography" by Reversal of Man
"Spacehorse" or "Ghosts of Civil Living" by Spacehorse (this is Heroin reformed)
"Discography" by The Spirit of Versailles
"From Angry Heads With Skyward Eyes" by Still Life
"Discography" by Swing Kids
"The Killer Was In The Government Blankets" by Yaphet Kotto

These are all american bands, and a lot are discog.'s because most of the bands did 7''s or splits and stuff. some of it is hard to find. it seems like a lot but i handpicked from a large collection and all these bands have something unique about them that makes them worth mentioning. tell me what you think when you check them out.

oDoUoSoKo
07-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Fugazi sucks.

Memory Man
07-06-2008, 08:10 PM
i like this record:
http://www.uttertrash.net/nomeansnowrong.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
joking about Fugazi, but how do u guys feel about Repeater?

INF
07-06-2008, 09:22 PM
i like this record:
http://www.uttertrash.net/nomeansnowrong.jpg

Never heard this before. I take all recommendations from you serious so I wanna listen to this.

joking about Fugazi, but how do u guys feel about Repeater?

Fuck that. I read that comment and was proud of you and now I dont know what to think. No seriously though , I didnt like that Fugazi shit.none of it. Maybe I was looking for a Minor Threat pt 2 or something and I'm bias toward Fugazi. Minor Threat is probably my favorite part of punk. If I was only allowed one record then I would get the Red Tented album that looks like the first album but has Out of step on it as well.

When Slayer did that Undissputed Attitude album , I was down with that jus off the strenf of them Minor THreat Covers.

Memory Man
07-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Never heard this before. I take all recommendations from you serious so I wanna listen to this.

check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gtK_4gyf0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMme06iJuog

SickSide
07-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Anyone else like The Misfits?
wfAzyeeLkXQ

SickSide
07-07-2008, 06:15 AM
scN3YnsJbyM

9th Warrior
07-07-2008, 10:10 AM
^you like new misfits?

what about attitude, hollywood babylon, last caress, 138?

work with danzig is classic.

9th Warrior
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
"the fucking cunts treat us like pricks" by flux of pink indians is difficult to listen to, and not in a good way. i can tolerate pretty nonmusical noise but this stuff is just fucking weird.

i've been listening to a lot of UK82 recently.
The Exploited, Discharge, The Varukers, Charged GBH etc...

Memory Man
08-04-2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.interpunk.com/itemimages2/30864.jpg
any subhumans (uk) fans out there? ep/lp and the day the country died are amazing.

INF
08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
http://www.interpunk.com/itemimages2/30864.jpg
any subhumans (uk) fans out there? ep/lp and the day the country died are amazing.

Yeah man ....Worlds Apart was my shit for YEars and years. I dont have any SubHumans Records anymore though.

That bands Movements were so precise that it was almost complicated at times. I love the whole Reggae vibe they would go on sometime. I forget which songs there was but there were a few that were were like straight reggae joints.

On my list of Punk Rock them cats is defiantly up in it.

oDoUoSoKo
08-04-2008, 06:00 PM
dude new misfits are boring as hell, Danzig was the man....Astro Zombies!!

INF
08-04-2008, 08:19 PM
dude new misfits are boring as hell, Danzig was the man....Astro Zombies!!

Hollywood Babylon
We are 138
Where eagles Dare

of course Astro Zombies
Teenagers from mars
WHen I turn into a Martian

Fuckin gold all of it and the list goes on....

Memory Man
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I love the whole Reggae vibe they would go on sometime. I forget which songs there was but there were a few that were were like straight reggae joints.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vp2WegBxbgI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vp2WegBxbgI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oDoUoSoKo
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
London Dungeon, Die Die..., Bullet, Halloween...

9th Warrior
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
YO....
http://www.punkrockcds.com/images/ExtremeNoiseTerror-Holocaus.jpg
Extreme Noise Terror.
fucking ripping crustgrind.
i prefer these guys to Napalm Death no contest.

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
extreme noise terror..lmao...guys are insane....just dont fancy the vocals..

Memory Man
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
dusk, you have the misfits box set?

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Rudimentary Peni anyone?

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
cacophony is fuckin crazy....eloels.

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
dusk, you have the misfits box set?
nah...shit is expensive...i just got their albums...main studio ones..and the two collections.