PDA

View Full Version : Punk/hardcore

Pages : 1 2 [3]

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
"the fucking cunts treat us like pricks" by flux of pink indians is difficult to listen to, and not in a good way. i can tolerate pretty nonmusical noise but this stuff is just fucking weird.

i've been listening to a lot of UK82 recently.
The Exploited, Discharge, The Varukers, Charged GBH etc...
Sick Butchers is a good song though...forget what album its on though..

Memory Man
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
do you have legacy of brutality, static age and 12 hits from hell?

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 09:33 PM
got static age, well..i bought it, idk if i have it..eloels.

INF
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I had that box set and lost it. I held on to it for a long ass time though. I dubbed some of it on tape but its not in the right order an shit.

I got lucky cuz I worked at a place that bought used disc and this guy came in with it so I took it to the back room and priced it as Static age and then got off about 30 min later and bought it real quick for like 14 bucks.

I was pissed to lose that shit (I lost the Coffin Box first) I seen how they make em now and its not the same.

That boxset is worth it though whatever the price. I gotta get that again.

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
well with static age...some of those songs were released before, so idk..

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
so Rud. Peni? anyone? eloels.

INF
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I really like the way static age sounds so its the only one that I was real familiar with for I got that BoxSet. Once I got the boxset I seen what was really up with the material.

earth A.D. is tight. I like the speed of it.

Memory Man
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM
American Nightmare
http://www.zshare.net/audio/1658946083aaa053/

Who Killed Marilyn? (original mix)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/165896758c090461/

now you don't need legacy of brutality.

9th Warrior
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
12 hits from hell is their best...well, best produced but it is missing a few of their better songs.

oDoUoSoKo
08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
and no one here listens to Rudimentary Peni?

9th Warrior
08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
^i have ep's of rp and i used to like it a lot, i played it out i guess.
the best part about them is how crazy nick blinko's vocals are. ranging from screams to a brit accent. he was supposedly in a mental institution for parts of his life.
best songs on ep's are media person, crazy chain, teenage time killer, and tower of strength.

oDoUoSoKo
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
That pope album was like his delusions...from being locked away.

INF
08-07-2008, 03:58 PM
dusk , send me some RP. a few songs or whatever. hook it up cousin.

oDoUoSoKo
08-07-2008, 04:33 PM
ill try...i might have deleted the album i had on my hard drive...until then..

http://www.imeem.com/people/FxwF3mH/playlist/TZGVpCia/rudimentary_peni_music_playlist/

9th Warrior
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
here's a nice little story
so i went to the salvation army today looking for some ballin shirts and i'm looking thru the racks and i don't find shit. so i decide to look around, they got all kindsa a nice shit, i was surprised. i checked out the vinyl & tapes section because my homie picked up a Slash Records Comp. there before. so i'm scanning and i'm seeing some Barry Manilow bullshit, some other worthless stuff. i'm about to give up but i look through the tapes again, and what do i see...Husker Du's Land Speed Record. I would expect something like candy apple grey or warehouse or some bullshit. i can't even believe i could find this, it rules. only 99 cents.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/carls064/freealonzo/Huskers.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
08-08-2008, 10:57 PM
yea i like Du.

INF
08-09-2008, 02:02 AM
nice find

9th Warrior
08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
yeah it's a shame what happened to them on those last few records, they really ruled as a hardcore band. mould has a dope scream.

INF
08-11-2008, 02:16 PM
5tgH10zAwYE

INF
08-11-2008, 02:54 PM
M3DD4Td0W7w

9th Warrior
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
the band Daughters rule. i guess theyre like mathcore, with a little grind?
both albums are great, and they have dope song titles like:
"Nurse, Would You Please Prep The Patient For The Sexual Doctor"
"My Stereo Has Mono And So Does My Girlfriend"
"Flattery Is A Bunch of Fucking Bullshit"
These guys are dissonant, heavy but enjoyable at the same time. I don't know, there almost a catchy quality to their songs. ya'll should check them.

oDoUoSoKo
08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
ok, for the record, i hate sub genres...lmao...sometime they are helpful....but very seldom.

oDoUoSoKo
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM
these Daughters guys are insane...crazy, i need some more time to see what i think about them musically...cuz they got awesome titles.

Krimewave
08-19-2008, 06:11 AM
here's a nice little story
so i went to the salvation army today looking for some ballin shirts and i'm looking thru the racks and i don't find shit. so i decide to look around, they got all kindsa a nice shit, i was surprised. i checked out the vinyl & tapes section because my homie picked up a Slash Records Comp. there before. so i'm scanning and i'm seeing some Barry Manilow bullshit, some other worthless stuff. i'm about to give up but i look through the tapes again, and what do i see...Husker Du's Land Speed Record. I would expect something like candy apple grey or warehouse or some bullshit. i can't even believe i could find this, it rules. only 99 cents.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/carls064/freealonzo/Huskers.jpg

classic album

9th Warrior
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
ok, for the record, i hate sub genres...lmao...sometime they are helpful....but very seldom.

yeah i guess "mathcore" is pretty fucking stupid, but...it's basically the only way to say this isn't classic hardcore in the vein of say BBrains or or minor threat.

The Void
08-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Has anyone else heard of the Ramones tribute album? It's a couple years old now but there's some big names on it.

1. Havana Affair - Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Blitzkrieg Bop - Rob Zombie
3. I Believe In Miracles - Eddie Vedder & Zeke
4. 53rd & 3rd - Metallica
5. Beat On The Brat - U2
6. Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio - Kiss
7. The KKK Took My Baby Away - Marilyn Manson
8. I Just Wanna Have Something To Do - Garbage
9. Outsider - Green Day
10. Something To Believe In - The Pretenders
11. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - Rancid
12. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend - Pete Yorn
13. I Wanna Be Sedated - The Offspring
14. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow - Rooney
15. Return of Jackie & Judy - Tom Waits
16. Daytime Dilemma (Dangers Of Love) - Eddie Vedder & Zeke
17. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World - John Frusciante

http://www.amazon.com/Were-Happy-Family-Tribute-Ramones/dp/B00007FPKG

oDoUoSoKo
08-23-2008, 04:00 PM
i love that RHCP cover...i dl it like two years ago, its awesome...better than the OG IMO

9th Warrior
08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
so me and my friend were covering some hardcore songs today just out of boredom and we did "I Don't Wanna Hear It" right into "Straight Edge". It was fucking cool, under 2 minutes combined. I haven't been paying my dues to the old school lately and it just reminded me that Minor Threat is still the best.

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
i was in guitar center...doing the same...i went from Die Die my darling, to My War, to Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who) eloels.

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 04:41 PM
anyone listen to or has ever heard of The Dwarves? great album covers.

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 06:10 PM
btw...the fuckin CD for Land Speed Record sucks...its two tracks that compile both ends of the album, which is a shame because its a fuckin great album.

blessthedead
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
greenday and rancid are the best on this. and that's not saying much.

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
on what, that compilation?

9th Warrior
12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Crossed Out rules.
Septic Death is ill too, Pushead is a g.o.d.

resurrecting this thread my niggas.

Tage
12-26-2008, 11:38 PM
^lol... i made that sig for you like over 3 years ago... mental. (sorry for being off topic)

oDoUoSoKo
12-26-2008, 11:58 PM
what Septic Death shit should i check out...i like on or two songs i heard.

oDoUoSoKo
12-27-2008, 12:00 AM
im DL attention.

oDoUoSoKo
12-27-2008, 12:17 AM
fuck there is like 3 releases for Attention...their first ep and then it looks like the other two are just added tracks...i DL Attention which seems to be like the one with the most tracks...but i dont have Core of Reality, and Kharma Khamatic....u got those 9th?

oDoUoSoKo
12-27-2008, 12:23 AM
from what i got here, these guys were fuckin boss.

9th Warrior
12-27-2008, 11:29 AM
get "Crossed Out Twice" it's a (i'm pretty sure) complete discography of Septic Death. that's what i have.

sdeblasi
12-27-2008, 01:40 PM
I just noticed this thread for the first time and was lookin through it... and I don't even think Bad Religion has been mentioned...how can you forget one of the greatest punk bands still doin their thing

Olive Oil Goombah
12-27-2008, 01:48 PM
ANimal Bad

oDoUoSoKo
12-27-2008, 04:36 PM
9th man, thanks alot..first u put me on to Daughters, now these guys....fuckin excellent. Best fucked up punk shit ive heard since Rudimentary Peni

oDoUoSoKo
12-27-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.septicdeath.com/crossedblueuprooffront.jpg

9th Warrior
12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah no problem man, i just wanna get this shit heard and appreciated.
Pushead is a true artist, just like Raymond Pettibon before him.

oh, and Bad Religion fucking sucks. They are the worst. I can't stand that fucker's pretty boy voice.

oDoUoSoKo
12-28-2008, 04:13 PM
lmao i was gonna say that^, i dont like Bad Religion.

sdeblasi
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
man (9th warior) i agree with your music tastes except for your view on BR they are pioneers how can you not like a song like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-iDDEOP0k

but black flag still rules all

oDoUoSoKo
12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Black Flag shits in their cereal..eloels.

Ghost_Deini_
12-29-2008, 11:45 AM
bad religions real old shits not bad, i dont like their shit after that though.

oDoUoSoKo
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
name EPs or LPs^^

crass
12-29-2008, 05:39 PM
I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of Black Flag or Bad Religion. I like some older Bad Religion songs, and I would probably really enjoy their early records, but I was never inspired to check them out.

Black Flag just kind of bores me.

As far as Daughters, check out the band that members were in before that, AS THE SUN SETS. Extremely metallic hardcore. Some grind influence, but it's really just straight metalcore (before "metalcore" became a term to describe horrible melodic makeup bands).

oDoUoSoKo
12-29-2008, 07:35 PM
eloels, ok

oDoUoSoKo
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
not bad, like daughters, with less rhythm/time sig changes...eloels. and obviously more metallic guit

oDoUoSoKo
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
ATSS is the shit, first lp is like Canada Songs meets Master of Puppets or something...eloels. Anyone here listen to Rorschach or Converge?

9th Warrior
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
so i just watched the "NYHC" documentary and here's how i feel.
since it was all about the mid to late 90's scene, everything was really metallic first of all, which isn't always a bad thing. as for individual bands...25 ta life sucks, rick is fucking creepy. i checked 108 and they sound better live in the movie then they do on record. No Redeeming Social Value was funny as hell, i appreciated their take on the genre. "40 oz of hardcore" is a solid record. The true gems of the film are District 9 and Vision of Disorder. D9 is a bunch of ghetto cats who play seriously angry hardcore with great heavy guitarlines and great lyrics. I d/led "Schoolahardknox Revisited" and was really blown away. VOD's self-titled is great as well, but i haven't been able to enjoy it all the way through as their style kinda wears on me after a while. all in all, the film was great, my homie turned me on to it and i'm glad i learned about a bunch of bands i had never even heard of. i'm sure some of ya'll have seen it...

oDoUoSoKo
12-29-2008, 10:11 PM
lmao, ATSS got me moshing...btw someone answer my ?

UNCLE RUCKUS
12-30-2008, 02:33 AM
btw...the fuckin CD for Land Speed Record sucks...its two tracks that compile both ends of the album, which is a shame because its a fuckin great album.

thanks forgot about LSR, yo anyone heard Warehouse by Husker Du is it any good?

oDoUoSoKo
12-30-2008, 09:28 AM
its ok

oDoUoSoKo
12-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Rorschach anyone?

oDoUoSoKo
12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
also Los Crudos...good band, spanish speaking.

9th Warrior
12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
rorschach...yeah i got that Autopsy Discography but i couldn't really get into it for some reason...i was listening to it at the time i was really into gravity and ebullition records shit. i should revisit it and see what i think.

crass
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
so i just watched the "NYHC" documentary and here's how i feel.
since it was all about the mid to late 90's scene, everything was really metallic first of all, which isn't always a bad thing. as for individual bands...25 ta life sucks, rick is fucking creepy. i checked 108 and they sound better live in the movie then they do on record. No Redeeming Social Value was funny as hell, i appreciated their take on the genre. "40 oz of hardcore" is a solid record. The true gems of the film are District 9 and Vision of Disorder. D9 is a bunch of ghetto cats who play seriously angry hardcore with great heavy guitarlines and great lyrics. I d/led "Schoolahardknox Revisited" and was really blown away. VOD's self-titled is great as well, but i haven't been able to enjoy it all the way through as their style kinda wears on me after a while. all in all, the film was great, my homie turned me on to it and i'm glad i learned about a bunch of bands i had never even heard of. i'm sure some of ya'll have seen it...

This is a great documentary. I actually just saw it for the first time over the summer when I bought the DVD release that had just come out. The 90s is my favorite era of hardcore and a lot of this shit tends to get overlooked nowadays. Kids get into punk and hardcore now and don't give the 90s the time of day.

As far as the bands you mentioned, I love 25 ta Life and VOD. Rick's vocals are pretty over the top, so it's understandable that 25 is not for everyone. But he's committed 15+ years of his life to hardcore and helped put a lot of huge bands on the map (Hatebreed, for example). If you couldn't get into the songs on the documentary footage, check out a couple tracks from the first few EPs, or just download the "Strength Through Unity" EP. It fucking slays.

VOD's first album is incredible, full of hard riffs, sick vocals, and good lyrics. Madball is of course classic NYHC although I've grown tired of them over the years. Crown of Thornz is one of the "classic" NYHC bands that gets overlooked by most of the hardcore crowd. If you were intrigued by Lord Ezec's interviews or any of the Crown of Thornz footage, you should peep Skarhead, his band from 95-02, and Icepick, which he does vocals for along with Jamey of Hatebreed. Skarhead was street hardcore with an old-school backbone, less introspective than Crown of Thornz. Icepick is like a NYHC-style band that isn't excellent but not bad.

I think 108 is horrible. I can listen to some of their songs but I hate that preachy, stupid Krishna bullshit. "Sex is suffering." Corny band. No thanks.

Anyway, 90s > 2000s when it comes to hardcore.

oDoUoSoKo
01-01-2009, 11:10 PM
ya, no brainer^^

oDoUoSoKo
01-01-2009, 11:24 PM
yo, shit was like that (the moshing around the Jugganaut section of the film) at a fuckin SONIC YOUTH CONCERT...lmao...with a 12 year old girl getting her foot stomped...lmao.

crass
01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
If any of you people are going to be sitting at home tonight, you can tune into my radio show from 12-1am (eastern time). Stream it at www.wmbr.org

Threw some District 9 on there.

gasoline boots
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Rorschach is so crazy good. Their vocals melt my eyeballs.

If anyone would be interested in listening to the band I sing for...our demo is the first thing up on here:

http://www.cultmaternal.blogspot.com

oDoUoSoKo
01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
whats ur name? (cant click the link, on psp)

oDoUoSoKo
01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
btw...i feel lukewarm about Ror. they are good, cant really listen to all of Autopsy right now.

oDoUoSoKo
01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
i do however, wanna double thank 9th again for putting me on to Septic Death...fuckin sick...these guys were so good.

EAGLE EYE
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Anyone willing to compile a list of their top 20 from this genre?

So I can start checking stuff out

gasoline boots
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
here's a bunch of stuff that made me fall in love with all this shit for so long, it's all over the place in terms of whether punk or hardcore and where its from, etc.

Dead Kennedys-Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust, Inc.
Bad Brains-S/t
Black Flag-Everything they ever did, especially later
Iggy and the Stooges-Fun House
The Bags-Anything you can get your hands on by them, good
Brain Death-Personal Affair EP
Gauze-Equalizing Distort
GISM-Detestation
Angry Samoans-Back From Samoa
The Saints-I'm Stranded
Minor Threat-Discography
Television-Marquee Moon
Richard Hell and the Voidoids-Blank Generation
Septic Death-And Now That I have....
Negative Approach-Discography
Deep Wound-Everything
DYS-Wolf Pack
Flipper-Generic Flipper
Heresy-Face Up To It!
Pagans-The Pink Album
Man Is The Bastard-Capitalist casualties split, anything else you can find
Misfits-Static Age
Any dangerhouse records bands or compilations
The Germs-MIA
X-Los Angeles
Terveet Kadet-Black God
Anti-Cimex-Raped Ass EP, other shit is good too
Siouxsie and the Banshees-Peel Sessions
X-Ray Spex-discography

oDoUoSoKo
01-05-2009, 09:50 PM
here's a bunch of stuff that made me fall in love with all this shit for so long, it's all over the place in terms of whether punk or hardcore and where its from, etc.

Dead Kennedys-Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust, Inc.
Bad Brains-S/t
Black Flag-Everything they ever did, especially later
Iggy and the Stooges-Fun House
The Bags-Anything you can get your hands on by them, good
Brain Death-Personal Affair EP
Gauze-Equalizing Distort
GISM-Detestation
Angry Samoans-Back From Samoa
The Saints-I'm Stranded
Minor Threat-Discography
Television-Marquee Moon
Richard Hell and the Voidoids-Blank Generation
Septic Death-And Now That I have....
Negative Approach-Discography
Deep Wound-Everything
DYS-Wolf Pack
Flipper-Generic Flipper
Heresy-Face Up To It!
Pagans-The Pink Album
Man Is The Bastard-Capitalist casualties split, anything else you can find
Misfits-Static Age
Any dangerhouse records bands or compilations
The Germs-MIA
X-Los Angeles
Terveet Kadet-Black God
Anti-Cimex-Raped Ass EP, other shit is good too
Siouxsie and the Banshees-Peel Sessions
X-Ray Spex-discography
MUCH respect.:hooray:

9th Warrior
01-10-2009, 10:40 AM
props on mentioning flipper
cause they still rule

oDoUoSoKo
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
i recently heard Generic Flipper for the first time...dope.

AcidPhosphate69
05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Anybody into this stuff? I know a lot of people that listen to metal try and make everything a fucking sub-genre but when I think of hardcore I think of bands like:

Dr. Acula
Bring Me The Horizon
Arsonists Get All The Girls
Cancer Bats
Every Time I Die
Architects
Suicide Silence

etc.

I listen to everything but the brutal shit ahs really been what I've been feeling lately. Anybody else down with that?

oDoUoSoKo
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
:thumbdwn:has anyone heard the process of weeding out by black flag? i heard one song and thought it was actually good. i wasnt sure because it was all instrumental but i want to hear it.

Ugh. Disgusting, dude.
just saw these comments, and all the heat about rollins BF....people dont get it...there IS no Black Flag before rollins...My War-Loose Nut.....the best BF material period.

Memory Man
05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
:thumbdwn:

just saw these comments, and all the heat about rollins BF....people dont get it...there IS no Black Flag before rollins...My War-Loose Nut.....the best BF material period.

i gotta disagree... i love the keith morris stuff.

Sativahhh
05-08-2009, 05:55 PM
heavy metal

samtheseed
05-08-2009, 06:37 PM

My boy and I think DEZ was the perfect voice for the Flag. I got a tattoo of the EverythinG Went Black cover because I love his singing so much.

oDoUoSoKo
05-08-2009, 06:58 PM
well, opinions are like assholes...eloels.

9th Warrior
06-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Anybody into this stuff? I know a lot of people that listen to metal try and make everything a fucking sub-genre but when I think of hardcore I think of bands like:

Dr. Acula
Bring Me The Horizon
Arsonists Get All The Girls
Cancer Bats
Every Time I Die
Architects
Suicide Silence

etc.

I listen to everything but the brutal shit ahs really been what I've been feeling lately. Anybody else down with that?

myspacecore?...fuck outta here

oDoUoSoKo
06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
lmao^

The Hound
06-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry, just have to say that Punk is by far the worst music genre of them all. The only Punk related band worth listening to were The Stooges.

oDoUoSoKo
06-07-2009, 11:06 PM
lmao^

The Hound
06-08-2009, 12:43 AM
No offence and all that jazz I just have to say that whenever I see anything Punk related.

9th Warrior
06-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry, just have to say that Punk is by far the worst music genre of them all. The only Punk related band worth listening to were The Stooges.

this nigga is ACTUALLY retarded.

oh and all you motherfuckers need to listen to a certain band called Ampere.

All Our Tomorrow's End Today and The First Five Years compilation.

shit will melt your face with frankfurt school references and distortion past the point of comprehension. all of their recorded output amounts to 60 or so songs in 35ish minutes all blurred together like one long, painful medical operation on your cranium.

oDoUoSoKo
06-08-2009, 08:10 PM
uve recommended some dope shit so ill def. check them out.

Ghost_Deini_
06-13-2009, 10:11 PM
yeah ampere is sick. if you don't listen to Orchid or Wolves then go do that. they have members in common and are a lot similar.

Ghost_Deini_
06-13-2009, 10:13 PM
and anybody who likes american football/cap'n jazz, post rock, and rough jawbreaker-type vocals, check out this band Castevet. they are fucking sick.

Ghost_Deini_
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM

funny that you said that to my post, being that i love my war and slip it in.

The Hound
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
this nigga is ACTUALLY retarded.

Haha, don't take it personaly faggot but you enjoy shit music.

oDoUoSoKo
06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
funny that you said that to my post, being that i love my war and slip it in.
did i say it to your post?

my bad, i just saw it...i didnt direct it to your post...i quoted u cuz i was gonna tell u its good, but i got carried away with the Rollins defense..eloels.

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 01:43 AM
bad brains = best punk band ever

Memory Man
06-14-2009, 02:08 AM
bad brains = best punk band ever

agreed.

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
technically atleast^

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
technically atleast^
no, they are the best period

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 03:42 PM
bad brains are better than any other band dusk can name ... any band you can name, bad brains are superior to them

crass
06-14-2009, 03:51 PM
The Misfits are pound for pound the best punk band of all time. If you wanna get specific you could give another band (like Bad Brains) greatest HARDCORE band of all time.

Can't get enough One Life Crew
www.myspace.com/onelifecrewofficial (http://www.myspace.com/onelifecrewofficial)

Murdario Stomp gets it for one of the hardest intros of all time.

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 03:56 PM
if you are gonna put the hardcore umbrella over bad brains then we should do the same with misfits

bad brains best "hardcore" band ever misfits best "horror punk" band ever

hows that

crass
06-14-2009, 04:06 PM
No, because the Misfits are just classic punk, horror or not. They have about a million songs and only a small handful that I don't care for.

Dead Kennedys made my favorite punk album of all time ("Plastic Surgery Disasters") but have a lot of weak material. These are the two bands I think of when I think of the greatest punk bands. Going further into hardcore punk is something else. (not enough DK or Misfits material could qualify them as hardcore bands in my opinion).

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 04:51 PM
i dont understand though ... misfits are allowed to be called the best punk band even though they are WIDELY regarded as horror punk and bad brains are not allowed to be called punk because they are hardcore? seems like someone is playing favorites

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 06:21 PM
bad brains are better than any other band dusk can name ... any band you can name, bad brains are superior to them
are you out of your fucking mind? or just severely underestimating how much punk i listen to?

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
doesnt matter how many bands you know none of them are the bad brains lol

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
look, the Bad Brains are a fantastic band..and were more musically proficient than alot of hardcore bands out there...and are still in my top 3 HC bands...but that doesnt make them the best. I'm also interested to hear some of the hardcore bands you think Bad Brains are better than, in a more specific fashion.

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
to you it seems to be about "who can name more bands than the next man" which is cool, if youre a douche ... but i am more into the quality of the music ... like i said before ... you can name any band you want, but they aren't better than the bad brains ... pioneers always get first nods you should acknowledge and respect that

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 08:15 PM
nah it isnt at all where im coming from, and im not surprised that u assumed that..just that ive heard people say things like...Elvis is the best rock musician of all time...and not know who David Bowie is...smh. its perfectly ok and understandable for u to say they are the best...but not if u havent heard Agnostic Front or The Germs.

EAGLE EYE
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I like Bad Brains a lot and I recently started listening to The Germs catalog of music.

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 08:43 PM
ya the Germs are good.

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
agnostic front used to PAY 2 see the bad brains, and the germs are dope too but hr > darby crash

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 10:14 PM
so what, The Beatles were fuckin huge fans of Elvis...i do agree about HR>bobby pyn tho

btw...any Samhain fans here? Crass? eloels.

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 10:24 PM
so like i said, bad brains > all

oDoUoSoKo
06-14-2009, 10:48 PM
sure, if all is the name of a shitty emocore band.,,lmao.

ALCATRAZ
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
bad brains were doin things in 79 that niggaz in 97 couldnt reproduce or even come close to elohels

Memory Man
06-15-2009, 12:58 AM
any Samhain fans here?

i like a lot of samhain songs, but the production ruins the records for me. i have a few live shows that i like a lot. lyle & brian from minor threat were originally in the band. if they hadn't been shamed into quitting by their d.c. friends, and don zientara produced the band, i bet i would love the records. as it stands i hardly ever listen to them. check this out, the original misfits version of "archangel" recorded in '81:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/61387691b0f2622b/

crass
06-15-2009, 01:53 AM
I am a huge Misfits/Samhain/Danzig fan. The Misfits are the absolute top, but I love Samhain almost as much. There are some Samhain songs that I love as much as Misfits songs. I think anyone who likes the Misfits doesn't really have any reason to not enjoy at least SOME Samhain.

As far as the production on Samhain albums, I think overall it is pretty good. The snare on Initium is horrible though and the production on some Samhain records in general does sound dated. Bidhardcore.com summed Initium up pretty well:

Unfortunately, it was 1983, and what may have seemed cutting edge and modern then, is painfully dated now. You can take it for better or worse, embracing it, or not, but you canít ignore things like the over processed fake sounding drums and the cruddy sounding direct line guitar tracking.

Misfits obviously had rough production but they never sound dated. But I love how November Coming Fire sounds, with all the shimmery guitar and shit, even if (maybe because) it sounds so weird and 80s. I could talk about Samhain all day because they still don't really get the attention that you'd think a post-Misfits band should get.

Black Dream, He Who Cannot Be Named, Unholy Passion, Moribund, LET THE DAY BEGIN, All Hell (superior to the Misfits version), all classic.

DEATH IN ITS ARMS!!!!!

oDoUoSoKo
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
how could u forget... MOTHER OF MERCY!!

best Samhain song..eloels.

9th Warrior
06-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Haha, don't take it personaly faggot but you enjoy shit music.

so let me get this straight...i'm the faggot, yet your name is "Bonerfarm"?
you got some deep seated issues my nigga. you only listen to hip-hop is that it? get ya head out ya ass and get educated. while your at it, get the fuck out of my thread, "Bonerfarm". your own name saves me the time of coming up with an insult. shame.

oDoUoSoKo
06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
dude ur directing ur anger towards the wrong person...eloels.

oDoUoSoKo
06-18-2009, 10:02 PM
anyone here like Scratch Acid?

9th Warrior
06-19-2009, 08:50 AM
^ yeah scratch acid is some cool shit. Monsters, Mary Had A Little Drug Problem, Mess...i really dig Yow's vocal style. he's fucking crazy and it comes through.

oDoUoSoKo
06-19-2009, 10:38 AM
ya Jesus Lizard become a favorite of mine...fuckin Liar album is great..and Goat.

DXN
06-22-2009, 01:55 AM
im not into hardcore but old punk music is good tho...makes me feel like fighting or getting my ass kick.

the adolescents - amoeba
http://www.zshare.net/audio/61699298aa47deaa/

suicidal tendencies - cyco vision
http://www.zshare.net/audio/61699255f6cd1f2b/

9th Warrior
07-27-2009, 10:36 AM
foreign screamo is where its at fags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkCNq5dBjc4&feature=related

9th Warrior
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
fuck how do u embed a youtube vid haha

oDoUoSoKo
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
embedding of Screamo is not allowed here..eloels.

Ghost_Deini_
07-30-2009, 01:07 AM
european screamo is some good shit im not gonna lie.

crass
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
E. Town Concrete
NJ Hardcore, great mix of rap with heavy hardcore. So fucking good if you like hardcore with a groove. Dude can actually rap too. 1:40 is the shit.
3jJjifKPVZM

And a few months ago I made two videos compiling some of my favorite breakdowns and is sort of a must-see if you are interested in finding new heavy hardcore bands (but there's some more punk shit too) Probably not everything is everyone's cup of tea but:
A_GOWl0_DA4
Mushmouth - Uncertain
Excessive Force - Judgement Day
Classaction - Finger Pulls the Trigger
New Lows - Lucifer Crucified
Charles Bronson - OLC Goes on Slimfast
Spazz - Bobby Dee in the Hour of Chaos
Morning Again - Cradle of Empty Promise
Reprisal - Reprisal
Fuck on the Beach - Never No Skin Fuck
Death Threat - Dead Last
Skare Tactic - Nametag
The Swarm - God's Little Acre
m2Y1mdbH2PA
Donnybrook - Down for the Core
One Life Crew - Pure Disgust Part 2
NJ Bloodline - Trail of Blood
Racial Abuse - Bands that Kill
Toxic Narcotic - All Bands Suck
Disrupt - Be Your Own Boss
Fall SIlent - Never Before...Never Again
Bulldoze - Respect Through Fear
Merauder - Life is Pain (93 demo)
No Retreat - Underdog
Irate - Step to my World
Everybody Gets Hurt - Goon Squad
Gorilla Biscuits - Big Mouth

Rebel_INS
07-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Anyone like bands like
-All That Remains
-As Blood Runs Black
-Black Dahlia Murder
-Devil Wears Prada

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-31-2009, 08:28 PM
e. town concrete is dope...one of my friends put me onto them recently...he was trying to put me onto devil wears prada too but i'm not digging it...maybe it'll grow on me.

9th Warrior
08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Anyone like bands like
-All That Remains
-As Blood Runs Black
-Black Dahlia Murder
-Devil Wears Prada

:nonono:

sdeblasi
08-02-2009, 11:13 PM
anyone here listen to Leftover Crack or Choking Victim at all?

i always thought it was cool the singer (Stza) got his name from Rza and Gza...

DrBold241
08-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Bad Religion is def my favorite punk band.
that'd be so kick ass to have Graffin as a life science professor.

other punk i'd say Anti-Flag, Rancid, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, LeftOver Crack, Operation Ivy, and..... thats all i can think of for the moment.
punk's fun but i always preferred me some ska.

DrBold241
08-03-2009, 09:14 AM
anyone here listen to Leftover Crack or Choking Victim at all?

i always thought it was cool the singer (Stza) got his name from Rza and Gza...

man you know there ain't no such thing as leftover crack

oDoUoSoKo
08-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Bad Religion is def my favorite punk band.
that'd be so kick ass to have Graffin as a life science professor.

other punk i'd say Anti-Flag, Rancid, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, LeftOver Crack, Operation Ivy, and..... thats all i can think of for the moment.
punk's fun but i always preferred me some ska.
man, that is very hard to read. /(

DrBold241
08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
haha it's what i grew up on dude.
riding down from northern TN to panama city listening to Goldfinger, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, and the Bosstones.

oDoUoSoKo
08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
all good man, its gravy.

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
SHMUvS4fCls

9th Warrior
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
^absolutely^

DrBold241
08-05-2009, 08:43 AM
i see your germs, and i raise you a life science professor
3Oe_Rxt9wB0

9th Warrior
08-09-2009, 05:00 PM
^fag shit

DrBold241
08-09-2009, 06:44 PM
hahaha more like old school REAL punk.
get the fuck outta here with that screamo bullshit ya panzy.

ALCATRAZ
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
^fag shit
cosign

oDoUoSoKo
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
fagfagfagfagfag....how punk of you guys.....syke.

ALCATRAZ
08-11-2009, 07:34 PM
anyways, back to the realness....

wWwloiLqoQw

oDoUoSoKo
08-11-2009, 07:39 PM
These

are

cop

tic

times

oDoUoSoKo
08-13-2009, 11:01 PM
eK9h8lKBsAE

Buzk
09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
what would u reccomend? I really havent heard anything except for a few strike anywhere songs and some other ones..so hit me

ALCATRAZ
09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
reagan youth, crass, the germs, minor threat, mdc, flipper, dead kennedys, bad brains, black flag, circle jerks these are some of my favorites

The Hound
09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
what would u reccomend? I really havent heard anything except for a few strike anywhere songs and some other ones..so hit me

I'd reccommend not listening to Punk at all.

the scarecrow
09-02-2009, 12:43 PM
i love rancid there an awsome band

oDoUoSoKo
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I'd reccommend not listening to Punk at all.
Me too, im more of a Pac guy myself.

ALCATRAZ
09-02-2009, 07:18 PM
stop

oDoUoSoKo
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/customavatars/avatar58640_90.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=58640)

thats the idea.

The Hound
09-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Me too, im more of a Pac guy myself.

Are you really going to stay being a bitch about that? Stop acting like a damn child.

:chef:

SID
09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
My favorite punk tune of all time

O8NSCiCX8kA

oDoUoSoKo
09-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Are you really going to stay being a bitch about that? Stop acting like a damn child.

u realize theres a pokemon in ur avatar right? glad u could take a joke, grandpa.

oDoUoSoKo
09-05-2009, 01:16 PM
3/4 of the world are starving

The Hound
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM
u realize theres a pokemon in ur avatar right? glad u could take a joke, grandpa.

Umm, yeah, I wasn't aware of that, how did that get there?

You realise that is a pisstake after somebody else referenced...never mind, you wouldn't comprehend.

oDoUoSoKo
09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
does that change u the fact that u pretty much called me a child but theres a fuckin character from a childrens cartoon in ur avatar? right...back to Punk.

The Hound
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
You realise that is a pisstake after somebody else referenced...never mind, you wouldn't comprehend.

Yep, I was right.

ALCATRAZ
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM
9lNCFfKHe6c

oDoUoSoKo
09-07-2009, 12:49 AM
ya u were right, i am acting like a child..right? thats y im responding..point is..i made a joke, you caught feelings...grow up, and im sure ur years older than i am....anyway

n_FKO4Y7u_w

The Hound
09-07-2009, 01:21 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if you were about 7 years younger than me.

SID
09-07-2009, 04:45 AM
^ pokemon frenzy

SID
09-07-2009, 04:47 AM
love this tune

krZyeldj7tQ

Memory Man
09-07-2009, 04:58 PM
as we all know blacks invented rock n roll. most of us also know that they invented hardcore (bad brains), but i bet a lot of you didn't know that they also invented punk rock itself:

death - freakin' out (1975)
NsBePhOL82g

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28punk_band%29

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM
dope^^

hansei
09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
My War is still great!

Who likes Antidote?

Any Minutemen fans?

Ghost_Deini_
10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
my war is the shit and i had made a minutemen thread, but nobody seemed to give a shit.

oDoUoSoKo
10-10-2009, 09:54 PM
as we all know blacks invented rock n roll. most of us also know that they invented hardcore (bad brains), but i bet a lot of you didn't know that they also invented punk rock itself:

NsBePhOL82g

:lmao::learning:

ALCATRAZ
10-10-2009, 11:45 PM
hats off to the first punk band ever .. chea

oDoUoSoKo
10-11-2009, 11:48 AM
^^

8K8S-1BwoJ0

:stroke:

oDoUoSoKo
10-11-2009, 11:56 AM
far as Bad Brains creating Hardcore...i could just as easily say Black Flag did that.

ALCATRAZ
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
iggy helped pave the way this is true but you know as well as i do, most heads do not consider him a "punk" artist, to me he is punk but he is more solid hard rock than anything ... and as far as bad brains and black flag go ... it's truly hard to call it because they were doing similar things at a similar time but they were on opposite coasts ... so i guess its who you identify with ... but REALLY, middle class was probably the first true hardcore band ever

oDoUoSoKo
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM
i think what we can gather from our 2 perspectives is that it is a matter of perspective..as opposed to being on band who created either. i dont necessarily think the stooges created punk, but i wont say any other band did when the stooges were doing what they were doing. and bands like MC5 too

Memory Man
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
i dont necessarily think the stooges created punk, but i wont say any other band did when the stooges were doing what they were doing. and bands like MC5 too

and let's not forget:
p4EVj76htYs

crass
10-20-2009, 07:00 AM
JhLlBv7gPf0

ALCATRAZ
10-31-2009, 05:15 PM
KecX1PzNLNk

HmSs_rMjJLg

l3D1TDX11lI
^god damn that shit goes hard, too bad the mic kept goin out

oDoUoSoKo
02-26-2010, 09:57 PM
idk who here likes daughters besides me and 9th warrior...but their ST 3rd LP is out march..(or supposed to be) and the band is pretty much done.

coughcool
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
no DEATH did not invent punk rock. as far as punk goes one can say MC5 Stooges but alot of people credit the punk predate to the Monks. Yes the Monks - check their history. i find them to be more garage /psych but thats what eveyone says - it was mid sixties so who knows.

middle class was probably the first hardcore record but it was looked at as more of a joke. its pretty cool - i love the song out of vogue. personally, its funny to me that no one gives the Germs credit for hardcore with their GI lp. That shit was banging. oh well...

oDoUoSoKo
03-12-2010, 05:43 PM
personally, its funny to me that no one gives the Germs credit for hardcore with their GI lp. That shit was banging. oh well...
thats actually a good point

9th Warrior
03-13-2010, 09:37 AM
yo Dusk good looks on reminding me of how much i like daughters, i had no idea a new joint was coming...sucks that they're pretty much broken up though. has anyone heard the album yet? is it good?

oDoUoSoKo
03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
ya check my thread for it.

oDoUoSoKo
03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92285

9th Warrior
07-31-2010, 04:37 PM
resurrecting this shit...saw Dusk's SWANS sig. Swans was the best thing that happened to music.

oDoUoSoKo
08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
i tend to feel the same sometimes

coughcool
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
is anyone here in a band? im attaching a link for my label/bands if you guys wanna check it out. punk and hardcore in the vein of BGK, Minor Threat, Really Red, Big Boys....stuff like that....

http://agrowax.blogspot.com/

oDoUoSoKo
09-12-2010, 08:08 PM
will check out

Cthulhu
01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
resurrecting this shit...saw Dusk's SWANS sig. Swans was the best thing that happened to music.

Indeed. The new album is great. Every time I try to compile what the best Swans albums are, I always start with Cop/Young God and The Great Annihilator and then end up including everything!

I've been really into Skitsystem's album Stigmata and World Burns to Death's album Totalitarian Sodomy lately. Any other recommendations for really brutal death/black metal influenced crust & d-beat?

coughcool
02-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Any other recommendations for really brutal death/black metal influenced crust & d-beat?

you might wanna check out Black Breath - its VERY swedish death metal influenced (it was produced exactly like Entombed's Left Hand Path) but with obvious hardcore undertones. its metal but like it alot.

You would probably REALLY like Obliteration

syphallitic vaginas is another to check out...

for obvious D-beat influence Inepsy's first few records were oretty good...

theres alot of great punk / HC out now too that you might wanna check out......

Omegas - sonic order EP
the Energy - from houston
if you havent heard Jay Reatards Blood visions album from a few years back you gotta hear it
Off! - first four EPs
Citizens Arrest
No Talk - Leather Discipline LP RULES

hope this helps!

Paranoid
02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
aR7Njv5-GtA

Paranoid
02-28-2011, 12:52 PM
lQX7vriTHVM

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
03-06-2011, 12:31 PM
^More bands like that please.

9th Warrior
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbonW6edqxI
Jerome's Dream...don't really need an introduction. This nigga blew his voice out for the music, one of the first to do it without a fuckin mic. As you will see he doesn't really need it. Real heads been checking for footage of this high quality for a minute, here is a blessing.
This is some of the hardest shit out. Wish I was a little bit older so I could have experienced it in real life.

9th Warrior
03-09-2011, 01:30 PM
fuck i aint done this in so long i dunno how to post a fucking youtube vid. search jeromes dream on youtube its the first vid

Memory Man
03-11-2011, 10:48 PM

NsBePhOL82g

i found out about this other early black punk band called pure hell that's really good, their lp was recorded in '78 but released recently. i actually think they're much more punk than death, and apparently were playing even earlier. death got more press because i think they're still performing in their original style while pure hell went metal. check this out:

hdxMwNNRA2o

also, i just heard keith morris' new band called off! which is modeled after early black flag and it's pretty great. i wish greg ginn was involved, but it's the best new punk i've heard by a mile.

5RhyC06fY4Y

catx420x
04-20-2011, 05:16 AM
4uG2TmOUJyg]

_0DxTPyh4gs

_8phO2aNToA&feature=related

catx420x
04-20-2011, 05:17 AM
4uG2TmOUJyg

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-26-2011, 08:56 AM
zMqWHxUbbhQ
49WuVTOTrEs
mnSyLgXDFoY
zy8Nz-OEBTA
rBzMxMrjZSo
qMzhkoRZskA

oDoUoSoKo
04-26-2011, 08:35 PM
wow good shit with the pink indians vid

Synthesizer Patel
04-27-2011, 12:04 AM
and for all yall who asscociate that with emo shit,
FUCK EMO!

wtf???? dude wtfs wrong with you some emo bands are fucking awesome

oDoUoSoKo
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Rites of Spring^^

Synthesizer Patel
04-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Cap'n Jazz and Algernon Cadwallader are fucking amazing.. how can you say fuck emo when those two bands exist i don't understand

Ghost_Deini_
07-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Cap'n Jazz and Algernon Cadwallader are fucking amazing.. how can you say fuck emo when those two bands exist i don't understand
Don't forget Braid and The Promise Ring.

I've been loving all the 80's harDCore bands lately. Void, SOA, Government Issue, Teen Idles, Youth Brigade.... all great bands. The Flex Your Head compilation is a good album to start with if you haven't heard a lot of them. Also get This is Boston, Not L.A.

Cthulhu
07-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey Dusk, nice to see you repping Deathspell Omega. I guess you checked out some of the shit I posted in the metal threads?

Also, kudos to the guy with the Bathory link as well. Two fucking awesome bands.

Zatla
12-04-2011, 04:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZzM4s0Hgs&feature=related

Zatla
12-04-2011, 04:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3EK9qRsxk

Holocaust
12-09-2011, 08:15 PM
founders of punk would have to be the clash,the best records are the live versions
ramones perfected the genre, they just dont make any trash songs ever, period

my favorites though would be the germs,ugly kid joe,and 311
s/o to dude who posted that abnegation clip i was at that show

Holocaust
12-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Titus Andronicus-The Monitor

Afterlife
12-10-2011, 08:15 AM
As far as hardcore check out the new Merauder album "God is I" songs like "until", "Ratcatcher", "Built on Blood", & "Gangsta"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW7_Dw8mgHE&feature=colike

Afterlife
12-10-2011, 08:18 AM
As far as hardcore check out the new Merauder album "God is I" songs like "until", "Ratcatcher", "Built on Blood", & "Gangsta"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW7_Dw8mgHE&feature=colike

9th Warrior
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
lol i was such an angry, confused little kid when i started this thread. I still fuck with Jeromes Dream, Christian Death, The Cramps, Black Flag and Modern Life Is War on the regular tho

daffy duck
07-24-2012, 06:43 AM
unwound

ESgkgvDJot0

drive like jehu

yMqcx3tbuso

shellac

URSSNQadaIU

UNCLE RUCKUS
08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Shellac's ok

6JHgBQabCvE