PDA

View Full Version : Explain Ya Name!!!

VillainousV
06-30-2006, 12:16 AM
This is a thread for EVERYONE on wtc. Here, you get the chance to thouroughly explain how you came up with the name (or names) you use on WTC and/or as a real-life MC. I'll go first to provide a basic example of what I mean.....

Name:Verseatyle
Aliases: Verseatyle, Villainous Verse, Phaze,
Short Bio:I began rhyming last february. At first, it was just for fun, then it became an obsession. Since I REALLY got into it (around last march), I've been writing AT LEAST 4-bars per day. I'd say Im damn good to be in the hip-hop game for such a short time. lol. Anyways, on to the name....
Why the name?:At first, my rap name was "Phaze". I dropped that shit when I got better and expanded my mind. I call myself a "Villain" because of the fact that in nearly EVERY story out there, there's that one character that society despises, due to his "abnormal" goals and ambitions. The Villain. I see society today as being so happily fucked-up, that they really see the REAL HERO as the VILLAIN, and vice-versa.
EXAMPLE: Dem Frachise Boyz. Bullshit-ass group of ignorant black men who make our beautiful race look stupid 24-7. They've got our already misguided youth thinkin that life is all about how much Bank you got, or what kinda car you drive, or EVERYTHING is about how you look and dress and dance. Tell me who the REAL Villain is.....An actual conscious black man who wants only the best for all people (no matter what race or religion) OR the one's who submit to destroying that?
The way that I rhyme is targeted towards people I see as Villains (or "HEROES" in society's eyes). I might say some shit like:
You got ripped like wrapped packages by kids on christmas eve//
Of course it's early, but I couldn't hide the tricks up my sleeve//
It had a will of it's own, my mental energy took hold//
and strangled a foe, split his fuckin carcass head-2-toe//

Not my best work, but it serves it's purpose. ANYWAYS, yeah. long-story-short, Im a "Villain" so deal wit it. word is bond.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-30-2006, 12:21 AM
maybe general chat?

pretty detailed explanation of your name:

illstatiq....

was like static, then statiq, then illstatiq.

no reason behind it really.

i thinkm i was listening to "jeru - static " when i registered.

snapple
06-30-2006, 12:42 AM
everyday for a long time id get a dutch and a snapple from the same spot

VillainousV
06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
lol thas tight. everybody's got their reasons. Im surprised that my name isn't based on weed, since I've been smoking nearly every day for 3 months now(wit no bad-effects. I just went to the doctors the other day and checked out fine lol). But yeah. Everyone who opens this post for the first time should drop some info. Word is bond. Nobody want's to hear you try to explain yourself through rhyme all the time. Here, you can let everyone know what youre about, then move on in your search for true lyricism.

Robert
06-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Just got mine on some wu influence shit, ya know like jamel irief plus prophet i dont know im gonna change it to my real name

Bigot Hitman
06-30-2006, 01:03 AM
I was just thinkin of the ghostface song off of supreme clientel, so i put
wu banga, Gza kills that beat to start off amd ghost raps twice. That beat is hot too.

Bedlam
06-30-2006, 01:21 AM
its super corny, so i don't think i'll share, for risk of being labeled as a herb

VillainousV
06-30-2006, 01:38 AM
lol yo fuck wah everybody else says about you. As long as you stay real wit yaself, you got nuthin to worry about. Think about it yo. Does it REALLY matter that much if someone whom youve probrobly never met(and will never meet) in your life?
But then again, im just Verse.....what do I know??? lol

Kamikaze
06-30-2006, 01:42 AM
I've used this name since I played Doom online on Heat way back. It was just a good match for my playing style. I've been using it as my screen name for other games, forums, etc. ever since. I guess I'm just attached to it, but at the same time I didn't want to be bothered remembering...I'm so and so here....and so and so there...and this name somewhere else lol. Keeping it simple.

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
sorry guys but i get lotz of pussy

Visionz
06-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Eric Unseen-aka Unseen- the first name is just for the forums mainly, I didn't want everyone to always have to refer to me like I'm some gangsta-ass mothafucka who don't have a real name ya know.

When it's rhymin, to me thats straight up Unseen. I choose this one for what it means on so many levels.

The obvious is that until I posted a picture no one was gonna know what I looked like. The idea that I'm either accepted or denied solely on thoughts express, no voice, no image or body language to make assumptions on makes the internet a world in its self. one level its a nod to that.

A deeper look is also a nod to the cog-in-machine mechanics of society. We support very disgusting and abusive practices and I don't think its because anybody agrees with the shit that is going on but because this corrpute and hateful machine is entangled into almost absolutely everthing. Hence making it almost impossible not to support in some shape or fashion. I don't think the ruling class of this world have any sympathy to the frustration levels of the working and impoverished people of this or any other country. I feel and see it everywhere but I think for the most part we suffer in silence . Through my lyrics, I hope to give a voice to this huge unseen and unheard massive.

And on the deepest level it represents and pays respect to the Almighty Creator for the life, family, friends and experiences I've been blessed to have known. I am a reflection of this Unseen light, my words make it visible and at times it really feels like I am simply a vessel for what must be stated. The best way I could express this feeling and understanding is to say,.............. that space is the real reason that there really is no such thing as space at all. I am at all timse connected to everything in the enitre universe and seperation is an illusion. Much respect due to the Unseen Force that holds it all together. I know of no better anything, to name myself after.

Good thread. peace

brown_dogg
06-30-2006, 02:11 AM
Got the name when I was still listening to Snoop, but it was just then when I was making a transition into underground. I remember the first underground song my friend told me to listen to was Pharoahe Monch's "Simon Says".

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 02:20 AM
its super corny, so i don't think i'll share, for risk of being labeled as a herb

^^herb!!

makalani
06-30-2006, 02:28 AM
its my middle name which originates from egypt

mean skilled in writing

i think im a pretty good writer

my dad prophecized

Drunken_Dragon_Fist
06-30-2006, 02:35 AM
on buddha monk's 'gots like come on thru' one of the rappers (drunken dragon?) says "now take this, i hit ya with the drunken dragon fist"...
+ i love being drunk, im always getting drunk, dirt mcgirt was my idol
+ i'm a fan of all the kung fu styles, move names with animal names are pretty dope to me

AND I've got 2 dragon tattoos,one is on my left forearm,leading to my fist, im left handed and usually drunk, therefore:

Drunken Dragon Fist!!!! BLAAOW!! *dragon sounds*

Razorsharp
06-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Razorsharp

cuz so far, i roll straightedge, and im always on point... and my gfx are razorsharp :yes: so im told

brown_dogg
06-30-2006, 02:48 AM
^ that sig is pretty ill.

Bedlam
06-30-2006, 03:03 AM
^^herb!!

damn, my plan didn't work, smh

If you really wanna know, I wanted a production name, and my production style was mostly influenced by Havoc of Mobb Deep. And i liked how it was a simple name, yet cool as hell. So I typed Havoc into the thesaurus. And saw bedlam, and I thought "that's cool." So I'm Bedlam now. fuckin herbs

Razorsharp
06-30-2006, 03:07 AM
lmao... stop being a brontoasaurus!!! herbs!! lmao

Razorsharp
06-30-2006, 03:09 AM
^ that sig is pretty ill.
thanks duke... add me on MSN... shit, im headin to tdot in a week for 2 weeks of vacation... hahaha... get at me

Longbongcilvaringz
06-30-2006, 03:09 AM
^ your right, u are a fuckin herb

and where exactly does you intellectually deep name come from.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-30-2006, 03:18 AM
haha, this thread is for explaining your name. nice way to catch a feeling on the net.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-30-2006, 03:20 AM
btw what was your original name, ive lost track of all this shit.

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 05:50 AM
i gave myself this name because i have no imagination
lol
i wanna change it now, wu masta killa? what was i thinkin
well...nothing
the film 36th chamber of shaolin i guess, like that character as a modern day forum poster
how do i change my name?

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 05:56 AM
what ya gonna change it to?

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 06:03 AM
dunno
sumthin stupid, like antelopeface or yamama
sumthin ridiculously stupid

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 06:12 AM
lol....

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 06:14 AM
u can change it to #1 cilvaringz fan!!!!

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 06:20 AM
u can change it to #1 cilvaringz fan!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghghg hhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha
now that would be ridiculous

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 06:22 AM
ur in denial. u love him really!!!

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 06:25 AM
yo son vanilla ice is better than civalrigx
maybe they can form a group CVMD civla and vanilla masturbating dicks

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
yo whats wrong with vanilla ice???

*joke*

Deity Allah
06-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Amen-Ra is my favorite Egyptian Deity & Allah because I'm God-Body= Ra Deity Allah

venex
06-30-2006, 06:46 AM
VENEX: this is my name for forums, email, nickname, ...

I've read a book one time, and this bad dude was leading a satanic gang, and his nickname was "venex"

I liked that name, but I don't got anything to do with satanfuckers

now...

PROFIT: that's my MC name, i'm in the noizheadz crew, drum & bass, I rap over hiphop, d&b, grime, ...

I was thinkin' of "prophet", then made it "profit"

(it's also in my sig)

peace!

Skellington
06-30-2006, 06:49 AM
Cipher Born: Born is 9, my lucky number, birthday, house nr, etc....
Cipher = 0 = is a whole. 360 degrees of KNOWLEDGE(120) WISDOM(120) & UNDERSTANDING(120)

Skellington: Because of my dark side.As a kid I used to decorate my room with skulls and skeletons already, I even collected dead birds and mice, and all kinds of weird stuff like pieces of broken tombstones, and also decorated my room with it.I also stomped dead mice flat just to take a look at their entrails. When I grew older I still had that love for horror guts, gore and hell. Because of the way I casually dress myself I got this name Skellington for over a long period since "Nightmare before Christmass" came out. Jack Skellington is the leading figure in this Tim Burton movie. He's the king of Halloween, a tall skeleton dressed up nicely in a tuxedo.
Sub nick = The Welldressed Skeleton -> Out of a Wake Up Show freestyle by Warcloud.

venex
06-30-2006, 06:52 AM
^:b

Cuchulain
06-30-2006, 07:05 AM
is there a way of changin yer name without re registerin?

Da Problem Child
06-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Hmmm Mine Is Self explanatory.

Most people Stole Names.roflmao

Visionz
06-30-2006, 09:31 AM
is there a way of changin yer name without re registerin
there's a request thread for this in the mod section

TAURO
06-30-2006, 09:43 AM
My name breaks down like this, Tauro is spanish for the zodiac sign taurus which is what I am, taurians are said to be stubborn headstrong people.
Grim is because that is my current perspective on how I view the state of hip hop and current events, and latin because Im...er..latin

My name put together means Stubborn grim latino.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
06-30-2006, 09:58 AM
got mine from a trife track

Frontal Lobotomy
06-30-2006, 10:47 AM
It's been a permanent fixture for the past 7 or so years, this name. It kinda relates to the fact that you need paper to do pretty much most things, not just in the money sense either.
I don't rhyme or anything, but if I start producing I suppose I'll need a sweet alias. Any suggestions?

CherChezLaMarauder
06-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I Slay All Those That Oppose As Well As Innocent Bystandards.

Ya Heard Big Bird?

venex
06-30-2006, 11:53 AM
^^^you may explain your signature...:)

VillainousV
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
lol this topic is turnin out better than i expected.
keep em comin!

tacle
06-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Scotty boy, well that is plain simple, my name is Scott, and you know.

Alakie, well this name doesn't mean anything, i just like it, i sort of made this name when i started playin' Starcraft online, i used this name, i rearanged the letters from a similar name, so the name really doesn't mean anything, ol' well, i guess i just thought it sounded cool.

hectis
06-30-2006, 01:10 PM
It Is The Same Thing As Hectic And Wuz Givin To Me By My Brother

Orion Nebulus
06-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Cipher Born: Born is 9, my lucky number, birthday, house nr, etc....
Cipher = 0 = is a whole. 360 degrees of KNOWLEDGE(120) WISDOM(120) & UNDERSTANDING(120)

Skellington: Because of my dark side.As a kid I used to decorate my room with skulls and skeletons already, I even collected dead birds and mice, and all kinds of weird stuff like pieces of broken tombstones, and also decorated my room with it.I also stomped dead mice flat just to take a look at their entrails. When I grew older I still had that love for horror guts, gore and hell. Because of the way I casually dress myself I got this name Skellington for over a long period since "Nightmare before Christmass" came out. Jack Skellington is the leading figure in this Tim Burton movie. He's the king of Halloween, a tall skeleton dressed up nicely in a tuxedo.
Sub nick = The Welldressed Skeleton -> Out of a Wake Up Show freestyle by Warcloud.

Pretty dope explaination....lets collect some dead birds.

Locust
06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Locust cause its a cool name, and in kung fu movies they call beginners "grasshopper", locust is like a grasshopper but it keeps growing, and locusts dont let anything get in their way, they just eat through anything

Skellington
06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
LOL, yeah I remember a funny moment. I had this litle window above my bed. One day I found a blackbirds head. the flesh was already as good as gone, so i took it home and I lay it infront of that litle window above my bed...Several weeks later I totally forgot about it and I discoverd maggots on my pillow LOL, Iw as like 'where did they came from'??? Took me a day to found out they were eating the last bits of the blackbirds head HAHAHA

Locust
06-30-2006, 01:35 PM
lol you're twisted man

Skellington
06-30-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah but I was a kid, kids do stuff like that.....I think

Come on, y'all never curious about corpses and shit like that?

i know I was...and still actually LOL

Tha Double-P
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
All im gonna say is that the two p's stand for sumthin but that is what you will have to find out for yourself...

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 02:57 PM
^^double the prick!
just kidding

VernakuLa
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
i got mine from my OmO days, vernacular deals wit modern slang ya know so i thought the same was sick so i stuck with it

CallMeTheDevil
06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
CallMeTheDevil:
I always use the Name "CallMeTheDevil" this is the Main Name for tha Internet!
I picked that Name once in school, sittin for tha Internet, looking for a kool Name i could use to Chat.....
my walkman played a Song from "Killarmy"! and as i thought bout a name comes the Part, where he starts with CallMeTheDevil and there it was, this one sounds great, so i picked it! Thanks to Killarmy for that one :thumbup:

odot27
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
well i used to live in the Tdot (Toronto), and my name starts with O (Omer), and 27 is a cool number.... so odot27

eVoL
06-30-2006, 04:29 PM
;)

Locust
06-30-2006, 04:34 PM
oh i get it, LoVe, nice name

eVoL
06-30-2006, 04:35 PM
i LoVe my bitch like busta

Unforgiven
06-30-2006, 07:08 PM
It's pretty obvious.....

Its Big Lu baby
06-30-2006, 08:24 PM
every time i roll up to a party i hear "OH SHITTTT ITS BIGGGG LUUU BABBYYYY!!!!" like 10 times at least

Its Big Lu baby
06-30-2006, 08:25 PM
cuz err one calls me big lu

eVoL
06-30-2006, 08:28 PM
drink your life away

BRONZBODY
06-30-2006, 11:50 PM
got mines from a kung fu movie,shaolin against the black lama,dude used the bronze body technique which made hin indestructible,like the movie liked the name,so thats it!

Visionz
07-03-2006, 12:29 PM
no one else?

vikk
07-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I Am Knowledge
I Am Understanding
I Am Free
I Am Me
I Am

EZA/ELEAZAR
07-03-2006, 04:56 PM
self explanatory..EleaZAr..das my full name.

mashqauck
07-03-2006, 07:34 PM
akabobbyd is a old name because my friends used to call me bobby deacons

but mashqauck is a different story that some may already know. too long though

AcidPhosphate69
07-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Acid Phosphate of Calcium is an ingrediant in a chocolate cake I got when I was like..10. I have no idea why but AcidPhosphate has always been my thing. The 69 is obvious. Everybody loves a good 69.

mashqauck
07-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Acid Phosphate of Calcium is an ingrediant in a chocolate cake I got when I was like..10. I have no idea why but AcidPhosphate has always been my thing. The 69 is obvious. Everybody loves a good 69.

hahahahahahahahaa that shit is sick

Robert
07-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Robert..........well its my name, simple as that

Cuchulain
07-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Cuchulain was a mighty warrior, 'the Hound of Ulster', the hero of 'the Red Branch', a band of elite fighters of ancient Ireland. Cuchulain is the subject of numerous tales set in pre-Christian Ireland, including the pivotal 'War for the Bull of Cuailgne'.

AcidPhosphate69
07-04-2006, 04:40 PM
/\ that shit is fucking tight. Irish Pride All Day, baby!

Chief 'Broom
07-04-2006, 05:35 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/krak3702/broom.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
i have a dark personality, and i used to fill up rhyme books at night in the park at dusk, true story