PDA

View Full Version : What is LYRICSIM to YOU???

VillainousV
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
This topic is for us to lay down our idea of what TRUE LYRICSIM is. Anything from the (s)wordplay to the topics you spit about to how creative you can get. It's time to let it loose!

Aight. MY idea of lyricism is pretty much described above. Wordplay, Creativity, Topic, etc. It all comes together like yin and yang. Some MC's today don't realize that a lot of the time it's not WHAT you say. Its HOW you say it. I've seen a lot of Netcees and MC's come wit some potentially CRUCIAL shit, but their delivery was off. So that shit was wack.
I express my idea of what it is to be an MC daily here on wtc. Just read my Rhymes on the posts i've been involved in. Tell me what you think. word is bond.

tacle
06-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Lyricism to me is basically, amazin' wordplay, the words you ryhme with, thoughts you express, things you don't expect, i don't like rappers who are bate with their lyrics for example, rappers like 50 cent who ryhme with easy words and don't talk about the finest things in life, see wu-tang can spit about, life, nature, beauty, deep stuff, pain, and different slang, i love they lyrics, so lyricism to me is, amazin' wordplay and rhymin' with differcult words, and even to tell a story is hard you know, so there.

deadlymelody
06-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Words that have a point to them

VernakuLa
06-30-2006, 01:25 PM
any person that can connect wit rhyme schemes

Luther Large
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
profound lyrics: having a deeper sometimes metaphorical meaning than what you hear at first

and to me topic doesnt really have everything to do with good lyrics sum1 like gza could rap about birdshit and make it sound somewhat interesting

there are also many other things but i aint got all day

CherChezLaMarauder
06-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Just Look It Up In The Dictionary

Butter
06-30-2006, 01:44 PM
nerd rap. everyday i just draw away from the deep shit more and more.

i perfer the stuff that aint an everyday thing.

oldie
06-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Infinite album by Eminem (his flow and beats aint up to much but the lyrics alone are the shit!!)

snapple
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
oh my GOD i'm not alone, i thought i was the only 1, some knowledge, another drip on this fourm, the youth needs to open their eyes to this.

oDoUoSoKo
06-30-2006, 07:13 PM
the way u put ur all into ur writing and, the way u weeve the word into a display of genius

THE W
06-30-2006, 08:09 PM
the ability to write dope rhymes.

HipHophead101
06-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Infinite album by Eminem (his flow and beats aint up to much but the lyrics alone are the shit!!)

cooo sign production was wack but lyrics were amazing

brown_dogg
07-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Lyricism to me is both amazing word play and amazing rhyme scheme. Ras Kass was amazing word play, Monch was an amazing rhyme scheme. Chino XL sometimes brings both to the table.

VernakuLa
07-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Serius Jones is a good example of bofe^^^^^^

LikwidSwordz
07-02-2006, 09:47 AM
What is Lyricism to me.....Lyricism to me is "Rip the Jacker" "Mic Club" "2000 B.C." "Escape From Monsta Island" "Enter the 36 Chambers"

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
07-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Hear Big Punisher and u will understand wat lyricism means..

VillainousV
07-02-2006, 10:20 AM
lol Hell yeah! all classics yo. I dunno. Right now, im really feelin MF Doom. A lotta people don't like him and say he sounds monotone, but his lyrics and wordplay are soooooo fuckin ill. word is bond.

energizer
07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
^^ yeah mf doom is top ten for me

TAURO
07-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Lyricism does not necesarily mean deep subject matter but rather someone who is able to manipulate words in clever ways, sometimes carrying double meanings and such. Two good examples are: MF Doom and Big Pun.

abasi
07-02-2006, 11:48 AM
The words you use to describe something
The topic isn't important
But words that are thought prevoking

Freeway Part:ll
07-02-2006, 02:58 PM
To have great lyricism to me you also need great flow.
No flow no good.

snapple
07-02-2006, 04:01 PM
yes i agree, doom LYRICALLY is nice, and not always, but when hes on it's fire. but as an MC i don't enjoy his music at all

TAURO
07-02-2006, 06:11 PM
I think Doom has a great flow, when I listen to him he reminds me of those guys you see spittin freestyles on the street, he just has this raw down to earth flow which is why I like him.

Wu-Disciple
07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
In Rap I Think People Often Confuse Lyricism With Knowledge.
Some Rappers Read A Lot Of Relegious And History Books And Just Spit What They'd Read. That's Not Lyricism To Me.

Ultimately, To Me It's Not What U Say It's How U Say It. U Can't Still Spit Knowledge But Put It In Your Own Words. Like Killa Priest Does It.

U Also Have To Be A Good Thinker. Like I Liked When Deck Said In One Song, "hard Times Squeeze Crimes Out Of Honest Men" Or Somethin Like That. Now That's A Creative Way To Express Oneself On A Song.

You Don't Have To Be Preachy All The Time.

One Of My Favorite Lyricist Is Killa Sin. Now That Nigga Is Multi-dimentional: Story Tellin (burning Season, Heist Of The Century; Sensitive/soft (have Mercy, The Cookout) And So On...

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 04:38 PM
In Rap I Think People Often Confuse Lyricism With Knowledge.
Some Rappers Read A Lot Of Relegious And History Books And Just Spit What They'd Read. That's Not Lyricism To Me.

Ultimately, To Me It's Not What U Say It's How U Say It. U Can't Still Spit Knowledge But Put It In Your Own Words. Like Killa Priest Does It.

U Also Have To Be A Good Thinker. Like I Liked When Deck Said In One Song, "hard Times Squeeze Crimes Out Of Honest Men" Or Somethin Like That. Now That's A Creative Way To Express Oneself On A Song.

You Don't Have To Be Preachy All The Time.

One Of My Favorite Lyricist Is Killa Sin. Now That Nigga Is Multi-dimentional: Story Tellin (burning Season, Heist Of The Century; Sensitive/soft (have Mercy, The Cookout) And So On...

I agree with that and what a few others have said.

oldie
07-03-2006, 06:03 PM
cooo sign production was wack but lyrics were amazing

yeah, im sorry but haters, forget eminems flow on the album (its not the best by far!) the prod is kinda average BUT his lyrics, even just written down on paper are fucking sick!

give them lyrics to Deck, RZA or GZA and they would fuckin rip it! (in a good way)