PDA

View Full Version : How to change the world

froth
06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
To preface this let me start by saying, that many observers in this forum are right about one thing. That there are a lot of bad things happening in the world. Famine, genocide, war. Perversion of religion. Destruction of nature. Absurd political machines. Stratification of wealth to staggering degrees. And on and on.
What a lot of observers on this forum are apparently NOT noticing, however, is that in many respects, things are getting better. Consider the fact that not long ago, we would have been put to death for saying the things that are said here. Hell, you couldnt say the world revolved around the sun without being arrested. Sure things are still bad, but consider for a moment that an awakening of sorts is taking place. Paradoxically, things are getting better and worse at the same time. What does this signify? To some it signifies a new age of sorts. To me it signifies that some human beings are starting to break their mental chains and awake to their true purpose and capabilities. And with this 'knowledge of self' so to speak, comes responsibilty. For what good is wisdom if it is hidden? Remember the little song 'this little light of mine, im gonna let it shine'.
Now, when faced with the seemingly daunting task of 'changing the world' you will find an almost immediate negative reaction from the egoic thought of many people, perhaps even yourself.
'I cant change anything'
'the government controls everything'
'rich people have all the power'
'theres nothing i can do, they are holding me down'
or even more pitifully, 'i can only change something with violence'

It is true, in the world of egoic thought, that fictional realm many of us live in, we would APPEAR that we have, as 'individuals', no power. I could try to run into the Sudan to save children and be cut to pieces. Insert your own example here. So what in the world is froth talking about? And whats all this egoic thought shit? Sounds fishy.

Consider this from modern physics. Any two moecules that have been in contact with one another continue to influence one another no matter how far 'apart' they are. This is one of the major discoveries of Steven Hawking. What this is is science validating the universal truths of countless religions. That all is connected. That all is 'energy'.

When we break the chain of egoic thought in our minds, that is, when we recognize the 'noise' of our repetitive thoughts that rumble throughout the day. When we recoginize our immediate judging reactions, from when you see an obese person, to a politician. When we realize when someone is talking to us and we are already thinking of what we are going to say, rather than listening, still, in the moment. When we can sit in stillness in nature. When we do these things, this then is true 'submission to god' of Islam. And while it seems simple, it is very difficult. Your ego, that false sense of self, will try anything to strengthen itself. Even try to make you feel 'big' because you study things others dont. Quite pathetic, isnt it? In fact, it is that way for everyone until the chain is broken. In this lies forgiveness. "Forgive them for they know not what they do" applies to you as well. When you recognize the egoic patterns in some individuals, realize that you are talking to guess who? Yourself.

When you are able to watch and dissapate egoic thought as it tries to occur, who is watching?

As you become still, you will find that you allow a consciousness greater than yourself to operate through you. You will also begin to notice coincidences like never before. This is because you have entered the slip stream, or rather, realized what was already true.

Thus, all that is required of you is to be still. This is the key to enlightenment, and the true nature of submission to god.

So, you are wondering, when will froth get to the point about how to change the world? Hes talking all this stuff, but the rich are still rich, the powerful are still powerful.

Here is how.

When you are still, in the moment, aware without the background noise of our insane conditioned thought, you feel the connectedness. And just like any molecules affecting one another through seemingly great distances, since you are part of the whole, you affect the whole. Thus when you are still, recognizing yourself in all things, the world around you is affected for the better. This is the true change you can cause. When you recognize this consciousness, this 'Little Buddha' in others or nature or animals, this consciousness strengthens itself.

Dont take my word for it. All you have to do is all youve ever had to do. It is the crux of Buddhism, Taoism, Christs true teachings, the Sutras, and on and on. Be still. Be your true self. This is how to change the world.

Aqueous Moon
06-30-2006, 02:40 PM
It sounds real nice. It's sounds like "cumbya..."

But, to each his own....

froth
07-01-2006, 09:33 AM
peace aqueous. it isnt a matter of 'to each his own', this is taoism, 'the way'. this is the truth. however, i understand that it may seem too simple and beautiful to be true. i will just say that the seemingly easy task of 'not thinking' is in practice extremely difficult. consider for a moment the zen buddhist teacher commenting on a group of students that had given up all worldly possesions to follow his teachings. Roughly paraphrased, he stated that they still didnt get it bc most of them took pride in that they could give all of that away for spirituality. 'I gave all of my stuff away. I am very spiritual'. Do you see?
The good part is that I gave simple instructions so you can actually try what I said. A lot of these kind of ideas are merely presented to the reader with all of the seeming contradictions in a form that can only be believed by some form of faith. While acheiving stillness and dissolving the ego may seem a simple task on first glance, I would encourage you to attempt some of these exercises to prove it to yourself. This requires effort on your part, but I hope that you are not the type that would call something bullshit without trying it. The true submission of ones 'self' to god is not simple, nor is it some kind of 'kumbaya' hippy nonsense.

LHX, I appreciate you stickying this, but could you unsticky it? For some reason the stickys get skipped over and I would like this to be a diolougue.

Aqueous Moon
07-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Peace to you...

I said that its sounds like cumbya but that don't have to be a bad thing, if it truly brings you to some peace of mind.

I said to each his own because what brings you peace of mind is not the same thing that brings me peace of mind.

tacle
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
"Never be peace"

-2Pac-

gipsy kings
07-02-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm not gonna read that Puzzle.

gipsy kings
07-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Maybe some other time..

the silencer
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
good post..

I think everything you said about being still and being at peace, etc is all totally true. As Rza said in an interview once, "look at the moon, look at all the planets. They are all living Islam, submitting to God. They almost look ageless." Somethin along those lines but you make a really good point about that shit.

BUT i cant see how doing that could lead to changing the world. As the Rastafari dude says, there truly are too many idiots. I can't help it when Im walkin around the mall or some public place and Im observing everybody. I do indeed make those immediate judgements that u spoke about NOT making, but its just stunning when u look at all these ppl (especially young ppl) and they're all the same. Not exactly the same, i mean some of the are into different subcultures but they cood all fit into a certain group. Nobody is trying to just be themselves. And what really pisses me off is that NO ONE IS TRYING TO CHANGE ANYTHING. These idiots just keep goin thru life, workin 9 to 5 or whatever, gettin pussy sometimes, gettin drunk occassionally or wutever and they think that's life.

I dono. I really went off there but man, ppl just look stagnated. You're right some things ARE changing for the better. But the majority of the population (possibly 85%) are still braindead idiots just goin through the motions.

Ultimate Fist
07-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Balance. its all about balance. I used to be politically active but I neglected my spiritual side so I felt depressed all the time. Now I'm all spiritual and not as active but I want to start changing the world again. You need a balance between inner peace and action. Yin and Yang. Too much inner peace, you get Booker T. Washington, too much action, you get Malcolm X. Both can only change the world so much but if you combine inner peace and action, you can do a lot more.

Claustrofobic
07-03-2006, 05:11 AM
http://users.zoominternet.net/~gtrage/Thread-Dumb.jpg

LHX
07-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Froth - maybe you can make this a little more relatable

how does your perspective translate into what you spend your 'time' doing between when you wake up and when you go to sleep?

how do you handle 'bad news'?

how do you handle the paper chase?

how do you handle being forced to toil in order to obtain your food, clothing and shelter?

PEACE

froth
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Froth - maybe you can make this a little more relatable

how does your perspective translate into what you spend your 'time' doing between when you wake up and when you go to sleep?
ita all consciousness. some shaman of old never 'slept'.

how do you handle 'bad news'?
its not the abscence of thought, its the abscence of egoic thought, thus 'that bitch didnt show up' becomes 'she wasnt there'. its not the easiest thing to understand but start with stillness.
how do you handle the paper chase?
when you are truly in the moment, you do all things to the best of your ability since you are totally present. many successful people already achieve this while they work, but fall out of it afterwards. all i can say is, when you are present in the moment, you also allow a greater consciousness to work through you. that being said, i am working a job for the summer that my coworkers hate. they complain and whine, but they dont undesrtand that complaining only hurts yourself and others. stay present in the moment and you can handle your shit better.
how do you handle being forced to toil in order to obtain your food, clothing and shelter?
i dont look at it as toil; we have it easy compared to a lot of people living now and in the past. its like wise men have said to do your best in all things. wherever you are there you are. be here now. you have to ask yourself why you consider something 'toil'. is it because your ego would ideally be somewhere else? is it for some selfish reason? if it isnt then think about this meditation, 'god is a shout on the street'. meaning god is everywhere. when god is everywhere, and i have given you the guide to show this to yourself as fact.... when you accomplish this, situations dont really have a good or a bad, they just are. part of this is forgiving others. part of it is shutting that retard in your head up long enough to realize your true nature.
PEACE

peace

btw, some suffering in life is necessary. its like sunz say 'no love without hate'. part of creation is a duality thing going on. so some suffering is necessary for you to develop. otherwise it would be the garden of eden or something. buddha said 'all is suffering'. this means that suffering is the way to enlightenment. and that the egoic state of consciousness is true suffering. even when it doesnt feel like it. because it always wants MORE.

LHX
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
i can dig most of what you are saying

bust down ego a little bit here

would you say the ego way of life depends on fear and desire?

if yes, 2 questions:

1. how have you reconciled things you used to be afraid of and used to want?
2. what do you find motivation in if you are not scared, or foaming at the mouth for the latest cell phone and nikes?

PEACE

froth
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
good questions man and remember, im not the best at explaining everythingbut
i can dig most of what you are saying

bust down ego a little bit here

would you say the ego way of life depends on fear and desire? partially. it is constantly trying to strengthen itself, the false sense of self. so it uses any thing it can, including those. pride for example. even great loss. some people like to brag about how they have been wronged becuase their ego is strengthen by them playing the role of vicitm, as another example.

if yes, 2 questions:

1. how have you reconciled things you used to be afraid of and used to want? i no longer have any real fear so to speak, bc i feel like i better understand the nature of being and death. i mean, i dont want to get ass raped in prison but that not realy 'egoic'. see its not the abscence of thoughts. you can still be in a situation and say,'it would be better if i wasnt here' and get the fuck out of there. as far as 'used to want', yeah there a little of that, but most of what i have wanted over the last several years was to understand these spiritual perspectives, you know? to put it all together. crazily ebough, the task is as simple as stillness and observing conditioned patterns until they break. weird shit starts to happen lhx.
2. what do you find motivation in if you are not scared, or foaming at the mouth for the latest cell phone and nikes?
i am motivated to be a better person, i.e. self perfection, the quest for enlightenment. i am motivated in using this perspective every day and learning to see life in a way i almost never got to see it. just existing with friends and family and my wife and my dog.
PEACE

JASPER
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I think the world would change for the better if we could all run a train on Mark Mayo's sister. Man, that's deep, I think I got a headache.

LHX
07-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the world would change for the better if we could all run a train on Mark Mayo's sister. Man, that's deep, I think I got a headache.

http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/ohe/library/cold/headache.jpg

JASPER
07-03-2006, 05:46 PM
I wish we could talk.

LHX
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
i dont think the world is ready for that

da kid toney
07-03-2006, 05:58 PM
i show you how to do this son