PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne uses a ghostwriter on the CARTER and CARTER 2???

tical2000
06-30-2006, 02:37 PM
taken from www.mtv.com (http://www.mtv.com)

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be nasty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, given how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes through mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up with former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week. ..

from www.mtv.com (http://www.mtv.com)

if this is true its fuckin wack......just like hip hop in 2006.....but kinda makes sense, since WAYNE's whole style has changed since he started putting out the CARTER cd's

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
your sig says 2005, maybe it should be 2006

Jeru
06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Hmmmm one of the best mc's in the world today

ShaDynasty
06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Hmmmm one of the best mc's in the world today
lol
who touts him as "one of the best emcees today"?
not me
whys he always on rnb tracks now
i only liked him on 'bling bling'

pneumatic
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Wayne is wack. Fuck Cash Money. Baby needs to get hit by a bus.

Eddie
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
ITs possible for first carter to be ghostwritten but carter 2 naww cuz they guy hu was allegedly doin it not friends wit him nemore, and carter 2 better den carter 1 imo

snapple
06-30-2006, 06:31 PM
yea carterII is what made me change my view of wayne, but who knows coulda just upped to the next level and paid some1 better, i have no respect for someone who uses a ghostwriter, it goes against everything.

oDoUoSoKo
06-30-2006, 06:38 PM
it makes too much sense

THE W
06-30-2006, 08:23 PM
it wouldnt surprise me but its just rumor.