PDA

View Full Version : Snoop Dogg(hear me out)

TSA
07-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Now when you think about Jay-Z being considered one of the greatest MCs of all time, a lot of the ppl on this forum disagree cause we base our GOATs on mic skills most of the time, but the rest of hip hop put him there cause his success, but whenever there's a GOAT list you rarely see snoop on equal grounds with Jay-Z, though snoops been more successful. Infact in 93 hip hop WAS DoggyStyle, he's had a HUGE influence, crazy longevity, VERY successful and is probably the most know rapper world over. I think snoop should be rated higher on some of these lists cause he's the flag bearer for hip hop the majority of the time, and even if his mic skills ain't on par with nas and rakim, he's every Jay-z is being considered great for, times 2. In fact when snoop and tupac were both out, snoop was the dominate MC on the west coast, and Tupac is rated ages above him.

tacle
07-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Cause 2pac had more about him.

Seborth
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah SNoop is very good MC, but he was good only on Chronic and Doggystyle, that's why he's underrated. Doggystyle is amazin great g-funk album

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-01-2006, 01:14 PM
when did success ever = goat?

tacle
07-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Snoop was sick back then, not so now, 2Pac definitely shined over snoop.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-01-2006, 01:34 PM
snoop basically had 2 good albums more than 10 years ago

Longbongcilvaringz
07-01-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah kinda agree, i dont see jay as much better then snoop. snoop had one of the dopest flows. both basically have 1 maybe 2 good albums each imo.

zeppelin2k
07-01-2006, 01:52 PM
very true, but jay z is rated higher in the "underground" than snoop, and in the mainstream he is looked at as a more skilled mc, plus he is still rapping and jay z is retired, the massiveness of jay z really started when nas and him beefed as well, snoop hasnt had any big beefs recently with any heavy hitters

tacle
07-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Snoop over Jay anyday of the week, i just simply don't like Jay-Z.

Da Problem Child
07-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Snoop was a good West Coast mc.

Eddie
07-01-2006, 06:52 PM
i actually dun see why jay-z is that big he sucks imo and
NAs mad outshines him imo but ya u make sense

sam stoepee
07-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Nigga please, comparing Snoop to Jay-z is like comparing dominos to pizza hut. Snoop was the man on The Chronic but other then that and his debut he sucks. Seriously, he hasnt released anything remotely listenable since 93 or whenever that shit came out. He's got the most basic rhymes ever. The only reason people even like him is his voice and his persona, thats it.

Prolifical ENG
07-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Besides Doggystyle, I liked his Top Dogg No Limit release, and R&G was sick too.

Snoop still isnt struggling to stay into the game

P.S. Jay-Z is never considered the greatest.....but good.

TrueDciple
07-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Nigga please, comparing Snoop to Jay-z is like comparing dominos to pizza hut. Snoop was the man on The Chronic but other then that and his debut he sucks. Seriously, he hasnt released anything remotely listenable since 93 or whenever that shit came out. He's got the most basic rhymes ever. The only reason people even like him is his voice and his persona, thats it.

So with that being said snoop is more like Papa Johns...lol

brown_dogg
07-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Snoop is getting what he wants outta hiphop. Obviously he's not one of the most lyrical emcees, but he makes money outta anything he wants. If rappers get into hiphop to make money, then Snoop should be considered one of the GOATs.

Damo_Suzuki
07-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Originality, emotion, style and how someone gets the song across is far more important than 'mic skills' for me. Same with other types of music, fuck a really fast skilled guitarist if his music is boring.

Thus, Snoop ranks highly on my list.

PANDA PISS
07-02-2006, 08:00 AM
snoop is a legend, the main problem is that he appears on everything, if he dont have a new song out hes on someone elses song, imo if he pick and choosed more carefully what songs he made, then he would be much better
also the production was weak on his last album, he needs dr dre, warren g maybe premo he should stick to a max of 3 producers for each album anyway

CharlesJones
07-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Snoop isn't one of my favorite mc's. He hasn't made a good album since Doggystyle. LOL@the dude who said Snoop's last album is tight hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edgar Erebus
07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Now when you think about Jay-Z being considered one of the greatest MCs of all time, a lot of the ppl on this forum disagree cause we base our GOATs on mic skills most of the time, but the rest of hip hop put him there cause his success, but whenever there's a GOAT list you rarely see snoop on equal grounds with Jay-Z, though snoops been more successful.

Now this is bullshit. Snoop's original albums (no collaborations or compliations) got overall 13×Platinum, while Jay-Z got 20×Platinum.

Yeah Snoop is very good MC, but he's a bit under Jay-Z in my opinion.