PDA

View Full Version : question bout fruityloops

Treazon
07-01-2006, 01:19 PM
anybody here who uses/ever used fruityloops know how to make it so your project can be like transferred to other programs for touching up/additions etc.?

if not, can someone suggest a better program for drums?

(just starting obv.)

peace.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-01-2006, 03:23 PM
it's best that u get ya own drums what r u tryin to use the ones they already have?

Treazon
07-01-2006, 10:49 PM
you dont mean an actual fuckin drumkit do you, how do i get my own drums?

im mad new you dont understand, one

Ozmosis
07-01-2006, 10:58 PM
you dont mean an actual fuckin drumkit do you, how do i get my own drums?

im mad new you dont understand, one

you can sample some

Treazon
07-01-2006, 11:02 PM
drums from another song? like actual rhythms and bars and shit or just for the sound?.. hahah

paece

Ozmosis
07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
you can sample it then chop it into snares, hi hats, drumkicks,

Bedlam
07-01-2006, 11:18 PM
you can find some drum packs on soul seek, there's wu-tang ones, premier ones, etc. Just try searching different shit.

Treazon
07-01-2006, 11:23 PM
so like search "above the clouds drum pack" then seperate it myself?

id rather just ebay an electronic drumkit like a old shitty studio one and connect it to the computer if its new enough i dunno, then you can realy get the rhythm in there

peace

GuardianOne
07-03-2006, 03:06 AM
Probably try and get some Drum loops, if you can not make your own drum loops using the software you have. But it would be an added advantage if you actually get a independent drum machine (as it gives you more freedom and you can explore the functionality)

Peace
PS: Unless you can get some good plugins...

Hz Deep
07-03-2006, 10:44 AM
anybody here who uses/ever used fruityloops know how to make it so your project can be like transferred to other programs for touching up/additions etc.? ...

I haven't used FL for years, but *doesn't it support bouncing tracks as audio files? if so all you need to do is solo each track and bounce them as wav files individually i.e

solo the bass track
bounce as individual wav
solo vocal track
bounce as another wav

If you take this approach you will want to make sure you bounce each track from bar 1 beat 1, regardless of where the instrument actually starts, so you can easily line them up again in another program.

Name the audio files appropriately as you bounce each one, according to your requirements, i.e 'Stereo Drums.wav', 'Keys.wav', 'Bass.wav' etc or if you want to keep it even more flexible 'Kick.wav', 'Snare.wav', 'Hats.wav' and so on.

Now all you need to do is open the program you want to perform your "touch ups" and "additions" in, and import each audio file to a seperate track, whilst remembering to line the start of each one up with bar1 beat1.

Now with some adjustment of the level of each track, you can have your mix sound just as it did in FL.

* I just checked on the FL site, and it looks like the mixer has the ability to bounce audio files from the info there.

I won't confuse you with the details here, as I can't find any info confirming FL has this function, but there may be an option (like several other audio programs) which allows really easy intergration of data between them. Look out for names like OMF export or AAF export, as I've used these in the past to transfer complex projects between programs in seconds.

...if not, can someone suggest a better program for drums?

Did you mean programs that include and/or synthesize drum sounds, or programs for sequencing your own drum samples?

Treazon
07-03-2006, 01:43 PM
thanks for all that instruction bro.. and i meant a program with its own drums, i have sound forge 7 for sampling and ACID pro 4 for mixing i just need to get the rhythms into a normal audio type... i downloaded some of those drum packs, or just pure percussion tracks and sampled them but its so much more work to line up the tiny ass samples on ACID than just making the beat w/ piano roll in FL. so basically any substitute for FL, even if theres less in it, i just need a fucking drum rhythm lol

peace

MF Herbs
07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
umm I don't think you can export your file any other way than a mp3 or wav from FL.. I could be wrong tho.

Hz Deep
07-03-2006, 03:56 PM
umm I don't think you can export your file any other way than a mp3 or wav from FL. I could be wrong tho.
Thats what I'm talking about, just have one part of your composition playing in FL then export an audio file in wav format. Like I said I haven't used it in time, but this page leads me to believe that you can export wavs - http://www.fruityloops.com/help/html/fformats_save_wavmidmp3.htm
Looking at that it looks like it's possible, it's a pretty rudementary function for any audio program, the only thing that I'm not too sure on with FL, is how to solo a single instrument or track so that you only get a single part with each export to wav, but I'm sure it won't be difficult.

...i meant a program with its own drums, i have sound forge 7 for sampling and ACID pro 4 for mixing i just need to get the rhythms into a normal audio type...

You could look at stuff like Native Instruments "Battery", Linplug "RM IV" (percussion synthesis/drum sampler), Propellerheads "Reason" (*Redrum or NNXT are both good for drums) & " Recycle" (to edit loops into single hits quickly & to tempo sync loops easily)...but really any vsti sampler will enable you to trigger drum samples via ACID's piano editor.

Other programs you might want to check out are FXpansion "DR-008" & "GURU" (I recommend "BFD" for live sounding programmed drums, it's sick!), Spectrasonics "Stylus" is meant to be awesome too.

...its so much more work to line up the tiny ass samples on ACID than just making the beat w/ piano roll in FL. so basically any substitute for FL, even if theres less in it, i just need a fucking drum rhythm lol

How about using FL as a plugin inside ACID, I hear people talking about using it that way quite a bit, then I presume you could use the MIDI tracks and piano roll editors from ACID to trigger drums from FL? then once it's all playing as you want it bounce it to an audio track.

* Redrum even has an interface similar to old analogue drum machines, with a step sequencer to quickly input patterns for each kit element

Treazon
07-03-2006, 05:17 PM
alright dope ill check all those out, thanks for hte suggestions

one more thing tho ;).. is there any way to seperate the vocal from the instrumental, or individual instruments from each other on a sample? liiike when Stoupe takes samples from whoever and uses it as the hook, but with the same backbeat as the actual track? know what i mean?

peace

07-03-2006, 05:30 PM
you can either find the acapella of the song or try to seperate the channels n see what u get, n seperating channels with mp3s don't work because mp3s are condensed files...u'll just end up cutting the left or right sound out...

if u got Pro Tools open a song and drag the left and right files to their own mono tracks. then select one of the tracks wit the grabber tool. Goto the audiosuite menu and select invert from the "other" menu. then in the mix window pan each of the tracks to the center and set each track to the same level

that should do it

Treazon
07-03-2006, 05:45 PM
lol i dont think fruityloops is a pro tool, and id like to avoid paying for anything until i actually find out if making beats is something im good at or have fun with. thanks anyway tho Sun

07-03-2006, 05:58 PM
no i was talkin about usin the program Pro Tools...lol

u can get it off of limewire or sumthin

Hz Deep
07-03-2006, 06:11 PM
^Pro Tools M-Powered maybe, but regular Pro Tools needs the digidesign hardware to run, theres a free version limited to 8 tracks on the digidesign site though, or at least there was last time I looked.

ACID should have the functions Sun Tzu mentioned, try that, also play around with some parametric eq's and try and isolate the frequencies you need. (doesn't work with all material, but if your concious of this while you sample and choose material accordingly it can be pretty effective)

Treazon
07-10-2006, 01:46 PM
ok i started to try to do all that shit in sony sound forge but i got stuck, and dont even know if i made any progress

i think you need to dumb down your shit for me, especially terminology - parametric eq's? pan?

basically i seperated the right and left versions of the sample into their own mono tracks, but since im not using pro tools im kinda hazy on to what to do next, like i see a Mix menu, but it just looks like settings and ish

any more help would be cool, since the program help files are shitty

peace