PDA

View Full Version : Havoc, top ten producer?

Tetsuo
07-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I think Havoc can be considered one of the GOAT producers off the strength of the Infamous, Hell on Earth, Episodes of a Hustla, etc. His production isn't as sharp as it once was but he hasn't fell off nearly as much as Prodigy. I'd go as far to say lyrically he's better than Prodigy right now. But, yeah def one of the top 10 in my book.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-02-2006, 12:15 PM
yeah possible, has probably two classic albums in terms of production. hell on earth has amazing production

energizer
07-02-2006, 12:46 PM
rza, madlib, j dilla, pete rock, premo, prince paul, dan the automator, dr. dre, stoupe, beatminerz are all better than havoc in my opinion but on another day dependin on what mood im in, he could make it into top ten

tacle
07-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure bout Havoc, cause alot of his beats were kinda the same, with the drums he used and the whole dark concept, sick producer, but i'm not sure if he would be up there in the top 10.

Jeru
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
To be one of the GOATS I think you should be consistant, a few bad apples is cool.But Infamy, Blood Money, his beat for Game were all very subpar.

Orion Nebulus
07-02-2006, 01:26 PM
He was pretty ill back then...but nowhere near the top 10.

the_cza
07-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Consistent? If that’s the case , does that mean rza is not in the top 10? Because Lord knows you cant say as of today , the man is consistent. Yall don’t realaize , its not about consitancy, it’s what you brought to the game. Infamous, hell on earth are damn near un-skip able. Those are classic albums, with classic anthems, and will forever be remembered Murda MUzik is another damn near un-sklip able album. 3 Classic status albums back to back by the way = Consistency. Big Noyds episode of a hustler, Nasty album, showing havoc can work with others other than P. If he is not top 10, that’s messed up.

Pay homage respect, Havoc is in top ten.

Jeru
07-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Something where you and I differ

the_cza
07-02-2006, 01:48 PM
^^ to each his own, but Havoc is top ten.................

Bedlam
07-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Havoc is top 5 to me. From 95-96, I prefer his production to RZA and Premier. And someone said his drums sound the same too often? Go listen to DJ Premier, that would be an example of drums sounding the same everytime. And you can't knock him for consistancy then say RZA is the greatest.

But its sad how he's no where near where he was, mainly because those beats don't sell anymore. I think he could still make Infamous type beats if he wanted to.

But those dark grimey beats are my shit, he's top 5 to me.

tacle
07-02-2006, 01:59 PM
But thats all Havoc's got, them dark beats.

smokebongoncliff
07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
no. he was good for a cuple years tho

TAURO
07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
In the late ninties I would say he was in my top ten but now I would put him in the top twenty.

tacle
07-02-2006, 02:16 PM
In the late ninties I would say he was in my top ten but now I would put him in the top twenty.

Hold That.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM

man, thats not true, listen to more of his shit.

tacle
07-02-2006, 02:19 PM
^ yea i know he's done other type of beats, but most of them were dark and shit, anyway man it's all good.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
fair enough,
he is good at making other types of beats.

Damo_Suzuki
07-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Brilliant use of various types of music (eg classical) in his beats, and he sets a real mood - top 10 for me...

Edgar Erebus
07-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Yeah, he was top 10, but he ain't now. To be top 10 you must be trend-setting, not following trends, as Havoc does now.

Y'all were slippin' on his contribution to It Was Written, I think he was strongest then.

Punch
07-02-2006, 03:49 PM
nah there are too many great producers for Hav to be top 10, he might not be even top 20

Galvatron97
07-02-2006, 06:26 PM
yo alot of you are crazy.....who else would be in your Top 10 besides Havoc??
some of yall mentioned Stoupe, all that guy does is make dark beats....

and have you forgotten that Hav did the beat to Jada's "Why"?

my personal Top 10 would be:
-RZA
-DJ Premier
-Dr. Dre
-Pete Rock
-Havoc
-Just Blaze(don't hate, just makes Bangerz!)
-4th Disciple
-Large Professor
-Kanye(Don't hate either, every album Kanye touched is classic.....esp. Common's BE.....)
-Lord Finesse

crass
07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
havoc's drums were brilliant in the 95-99 era. no one else's drums sounded like his, the way the bass drum hit and the reverb + tightness of the snares. when he was on point havoc was top 5 no question. his production nowadays is not unique in anyway.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Go listen to DJ Premier, that would be an example of drums sounding the same everytime.

:no:

tical2000
07-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I think Havoc can be considered one of the GOAT producers off the strength of the Infamous, Hell on Earth, Episodes of a Hustla, etc. His production isn't as sharp as it once was but he hasn't fell off nearly as much as Prodigy. I'd go as far to say lyrically he's better than Prodigy right now. But, yeah def one of the top 10 in my book.

agreed.......If you ask me he is ojne of the most slept on producers and should be in the top 10........HELL ON EARTH and INFAMOUS are certified classics......I would even thorw MURDA MUZIK in the classic catagory too.....

.....speaking of slept on, how about ERICK SERMON's production?

the_cza
07-02-2006, 09:25 PM
YALL are confused to rass. This is not about who is ON TOP , its about greatest, and HAVOC done did enough to the game to be in the top 10 LIST. IF you talking about people , and how they are today, RZA would NO WAY IN HELL be a top 10 producer, nor would pete rock, or even premo.. ITS NOT about what you do today, it’s about what YOU HAVE DONE TO HIP HOP, and HAVOC has brought CLASSIC AFTER CLASSIC SHIT. ONE of the biggest anthems, biggest cds, biggest duos , biggest beats, HE is top ten. And to the man who said havoc prob not even top 20 , YOU ON CRACK.

INFAMOUS
HELL ON EARTH
MURDA MUZIK
Epesodes of a hustler

Only a select few can fuck with that line up.

Not to mention he ran soundtracks form the mid nineties

Fuck if he aint doing what he did, rza, premo, pete rock, they aint bring shit like they used to, so I guess they not top 10.

TOp 10 = havoc 100%

crass
07-02-2006, 09:49 PM
i prefer the beats of hell one earth and the infamous over Cuban Linx any day.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-02-2006, 10:18 PM
he's top 5...The Infamous, Hell On Earth (could go on the strength of that alone), Murda Muzik, some of the shit he did on HNIC, Episodes of a Hustla, some of the shit he did on Infamy & Free Agents, some of the shit he did for Infamous Mobb & all the little random & lost joints out there he is one of the best

07-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, he was top 10, but he ain't now. To be top 10 you must be trend-setting, not following trends, as Havoc does now.

i'd say he started a trend with his dark shit man

deadlymelody
07-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Havoc is indeed top 10. I puke all over the recent stuff he has done, but dont knock what he did in the mid 90's. Hell on Earth is great and The Infamous is classic.

Edgar Erebus
07-03-2006, 08:03 AM
i'd say he started a trend with his dark shit man

he started it back in 95, but now he following G-Unit. It's a difference

07-03-2006, 11:04 AM
not really, if that was the case cats like RZA wouldn't be top now

WuBanga36
07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
His projects from the past were str8 heat, but the latter lps have been slightly disappointing.

Damo_Suzuki
07-03-2006, 12:17 PM
One of the few producers I'd put above him is El-P...

Monkdude
07-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Hold That.

how the fuck did you join last month and have 400+ posts?

Razorsharp
07-03-2006, 02:11 PM
perhaps he could be a top 10 along with

Rza
Dj Premo
Pete Rock
Prince Paul
Dj Muggs
De Beatminerz
Dr. Dre
Eric B.
Dj Polo
LARGE PROFESSOR OWNS!!!! yup yup

Dante
07-03-2006, 02:31 PM
he's in my top 10

the_cza
07-03-2006, 02:32 PM
“One of the few producers I'd put above him is El-P...”

Ok, normally I would be going mad, start cussing and all that. But I wont. People like you , I believe, are new to the game. And for that, I can’t really explode on you for that comment. SO I hope you will read my post, and actually take what i say and learn from it.

If you were around, from 1993+, and lived in North America, And were a fan off hip hop, No way would you have made a post saying, what you said. You really have to set your personal taste aside, and look at the big picture.

Incase you don’t know, and didn’t read, ill post it. AND for all You other people who didn’t read, ill post it.

PRODUCTION:

Mobb Deep

Infamous - CLASSIC
Hell on earth – Classic
Murda muzik – Damn near classic

BIG NOYD

Episode of a hustler – Slept on as helll, Beat wise , un-fuck-witable

Nas - It Was Written

The Set Up (4:26) Producer - Havoc
Live Nigga Rap (3:46) Producer - Havoc

Biggie Smalls – Life after death

Last Day Producer - Havoc

La The Darkman - Heist Of The Century

City Lights Producer - Havoc
Figaro Chain Producer - Havoc

Method Man - Tical 2000: Judgement Day

Play IV Keeps (3:33) Producer - Havoc

O.G.C. – The empire strikes back

Suspect Niggaz producer - Havoc

Prodigy - H.N.I.C.

Wanna Be Thugs (2:51) Producer - Havoc
Delt W/ The Bullsh*t (3:22) Producer - Havoc

Cormega - The Realness

Thun & Kicko Producer - Havoc
Killaz Theme producer – Havoc

Tragedy Khadafi - What's Good? Produced by havoc

There is much, much more than this.

El-P might be one of your favorite producers, but please look at this objectively. Havoc has done more for hip hop , in terms of affect, status, and impact, than el-p will ever do. EL-P has no certified classics under his belt, I really don’t see how in the world you could have said that, but I said I would not cuss, and I won’t.

Like me and the rest of the men dem said. HAVOC = TOP TEN.

07-03-2006, 02:39 PM
^^^^^ broke it down perfectly

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-03-2006, 02:54 PM
havoc is no 13 in my book simply because his shit now sucks ass

ShaDynasty
07-03-2006, 03:51 PM
yeah he is dope but he hasnt made a good beat in over 5 years now

07-03-2006, 03:53 PM
more like 1

Murdah Piff
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah he is dope but he hasnt made a good beat in over 5 years now
bahahahaha 5 years is you stupid or dumb serious

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-03-2006, 04:08 PM

So the fuck what? Thats his thing, and he creates a better atmosphere on a Album than any other producer. No other producer has ever captured that dark raw moody whatevr sound like he did in the 90's.

He was easily the top 3 in the 90's NY.

ShaDynasty
07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
bahahahaha 5 years is you stupid or dumb serious
name sumthin good hes done recently?

crass
07-03-2006, 04:12 PM
name sumthin good hes done recently?

the game "don't need your love" is a great beat. from the documentary.

Da Problem Child
07-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Da Problem Child=Number 1 Producer

eVoL
07-03-2006, 04:18 PM
shut the fuck up

Da Problem Child
07-03-2006, 04:20 PM
^^^^ You just hating

ShaDynasty
07-03-2006, 04:20 PM
ok ok that one
but i can crush that idea by saying that dre co produced it

Bedlam
07-03-2006, 04:45 PM
^If you know anything about Dr. Dre, you know he didn't do jack shit with that beat

eVoL
07-03-2006, 04:50 PM
bedlam, youre brainwashed by internet nerds who attack dre's production credibility by saying he gets ghost-produced for

the fuck up

ShaDynasty
07-03-2006, 05:34 PM
so apart from 'dont need your love' which was co produced by a legend, what dope beat has he made in the last 5 years
i think i proved my point hav has lost it, and so has prodigy

the_cza
07-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Yall just don’t GET it it. THiS is not about what he is doing now, it’s about what he has DONE. Why is that so hard to understand? YOU can not dismiss what havoc has done in hip hop. I have proved that what he has done is more than sufficient to make top ten of all time producers. GET off this “what has he doen recently bullshit” RZA is my favorite, and IMO best producer of all time, BUT HE aint done nothing DOPE in YEARS , should he not be top ten? If this was a “ top ten successful producers as of now” , perhaps havoc would not cu tit, but o fall TIME , HE most certainly does.

THE fact that what he has done , is more than ANY NEW PRODUCER, or most of the current producers , will ever achieve. HE has put in his work, PAY HOMAGE respect , the man is TOP 10 of all time producers.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-03-2006, 06:53 PM
you cannot just dismiss a whole part of an artists career, and rza hasnt done anything dope in a while, but he hasnt done anything wack either, nor has he gone pop and sold out

ShaDynasty
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
you cannot just dismiss a whole part of an artists carres, and rza hasnt done anything dope in a while, but he hasnt done anything wack either, nor has he gone pop and sold out
omg
it was a separate argument
i said he was dope but he hadnt done anything good for years
how is that so hard to understand
so faR IM RIGHT NO-ONE HAS SAID A RECENT HAV joint thats any good

07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Havoc+(3)

look for yourself

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
omg
it was a separate argument
i said he was dope but he hadnt done anything good for years
how is that so hard to understand
so faR IM RIGHT NO-ONE HAS SAID A RECENT HAV joint thats any good
i wasnt even talking to you, i was talking to cza

Bedlam
07-03-2006, 07:41 PM
bedlam, youre brainwashed by internet nerds who attack dre's production credibility by saying he gets ghost-produced for

the fuck up

I was sticking up for Havoc in this situation. He said the track was co-produced by dre, I don't know if it is or not, I don't have The Documentary. I'm not knocking dr. Dre, but alot of what he does is making shit sound better, which is probably all he did on the Havoc track if he actually "co-produced" it. I'm not one of those who hates Dre and thinks everyone ghost produces for him. But what Dre is good at doing is making good beats sound better.

the_cza
07-03-2006, 08:23 PM
"you cannot just dismiss a whole part of an artists carres, and rza hasnt done anything dope in a while, but he hasnt done anything wack either, nor has he gone pop and sold out"

RZA HAS not doen anything wack? You are kidding me right? I mean I hope you nto a blind rza fan. WE POP___________ What the fuck is that? If that’s not seeling out, not bullshit at it’s finest, you in trouble. KIlla beez??????????? Was this a GOOD TRACKL TO YOU? THAT WAS Rand B RAP AND BULL SHIT. That was fucken wack as fuck. Thos etwo right there shut down your clown ass statement. Him an dhis experimental bobby shit, some was good some was wack as fuck. How can you say rza does not drop wack shit? How can you say he never went commercial? LA RUMBA? Come on now, you on some serious shit .

“WE POP , WE ROLL, get money till the day we die” – SHOOTS ya whole argument out the fucken box son.

the_cza
07-03-2006, 08:40 PM
OK my bad. Does that still excuse the rest of his wack shit Rza had done?

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-03-2006, 08:40 PM
thats a tight beat anyway imo

the_cza
07-03-2006, 08:46 PM
WEll it Wasn’t. Rza made some wack shit, premo has made wack shit, havoc made wack shit. WHats ya point? THEY "ALL" have classic status albums under their belt, they all have back to back "Classic" status albums under their belts, they all have a legacy, they all started their own trend. THis is just going in loops.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-03-2006, 08:57 PM
i suppose you are right

oDoUoSoKo
07-03-2006, 08:58 PM
i lost respect for hav, he was nice tho

Robert
07-04-2006, 12:10 PM
the game "don't need your love" is a great beat. from the documentary.
^^co sign but still not touching HOE, The Imfamous and all his older shit, I'd rate him top ten for sure

energizer
07-04-2006, 12:16 PM
what has premo made thas bad

Bedlam
07-04-2006, 12:24 PM
what has premo made thas bad

Well off of Gangstarr albums, I'd say Brainstorm sucks

07-04-2006, 12:29 PM
the thing about premo is he got all that wack shit outta his system in the beginning...he steadily gets better year by year

tragedykhadafi12
07-04-2006, 05:13 PM
My favorites are rza, 4th disciple, tru master, havoc, dr dre, scram jones, ric rude, etc...

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-13-2006, 01:50 PM
he might not be even top 20
thats the funniest thing ive ever read on this forum. I can understand hav being underated by mainstream but for a Wu fan to not be able to appreciate him is hard to beleive.

Hell on Earth and Infamous are the 2 best produced New York hardcore albums of all time. You cant argue with that shit, its fact not opinions, and if you dont like Mobb Deep in that era you dont like raw New York hip hop.

"plain & simp"