PDA

View Full Version : The cold vein-Can ox

aztekmonk
07-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Yo wats yo take on this album

UNCLE RUCKUS
07-03-2006, 12:53 PM
i like it quite a bit. The majority of the songs are real good both rappers vast aire and vodul mega are good lyricists and elp has some crazy sounds... worth checking out if you havent done so already

GRMM
12-22-2006, 12:34 PM
that album is a classic

tha god concept
12-22-2006, 12:36 PM
fuckin classic 10/10

love this album

Razorsharp
12-22-2006, 03:22 PM
at first... i didnt like the album at all, but now this album gets heavy rotation from me for real... hella dope poetic type shit... my friends think im crazy when i listen to it... fuck em... definitely should cop it

-1-

Sexy Jasper
12-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Top shelf.

noel411
12-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Closest thing to a classic hip hop album since '98.

TAURO
12-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Whats the production like on it because to be honest I have heard quite a bit of the stuff coming from the def jux label and it all sounded like some space age type shit, I know the mc's will be good but the production really concerns me.

UNCLE RUCKUS
12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Whats the production like on it because to be honest I have heard quite a bit of the stuff coming from the def jux label and it all sounded like some space age type shit, I know the mc's will be good but the production really concerns me.

The production is great its all El-P and was his first big project for def jux. Every song is well done concept and beat wise a real winner everyone should own this

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-08-2007, 05:46 PM
IMO its the greatest album of all time. The lyrics? Holy fuck you cant beleive the imagery these guys were making.

"Boy meets world? Of course his Pop's is gone, what you figure? / that chalky outline on the ground is a father-figure."

This is real New York, its all there, youve even got the song where the the metaphorical Pigeon, Genius!

Even the love song is crazy "F-Word" (f stands for Friend, or fuck i guess),

yo it wasn't even like that
I wanted my cardiovascular to fight back
cupid had me runnin' circles blindfolded
in the daytime with a flashlight looking for her
yo, sit back, relax and smell the roses
a fly girl by any other name would still be that
but the trick is to see that
I'm caught in between future's fantasies and memories I played back
told my man I started sword fighting
'cause fencing was similar to tongue kissing
if you wait too long you gonna end up confessin'
all I think about is you undressin'
I extended my thoughts in a relationship
but they sunk like the titanic relation-ships
she was in a love triangle
but it wasn't like my feelings weren't there to make it a square
penny's for her thoughts
she's my very own American Beauty, red petals when we talk
...the f word

Sexy Jasper
01-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Or fmale.

Cold Vein is top shelf cunt heaven

crust
02-12-2007, 12:15 AM
that album is a classic

fuck yeah! it was like a punch in the face. this album hasnt came out of my rotation of cds since i first got it.

"my mother said you sucked my pussy when you came out. dont ever talk back i handed you life and i'll snatch it back..." best line ever!

UNCLE RUCKUS
02-17-2007, 09:40 AM
fuck yeah! it was like a punch in the face. this album hasnt came out of my rotation of cds since i first got it.

"my mother said you sucked my pussy when you came out. dont ever talk back i handed you life and i'll snatch it back..." best line ever!

Yeah man that line is dope best songs are Stress Rap and Iron Galaxy for me

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
02-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I have this album never bothered to unzip it I will now give it a listen. Thanks

Durag
02-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Fuckin brilliant album some classic lines on it. Fav is A B-Boys Alpha "you aint the real mccoy, you a wind up toy"

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
nice thread

away from all the retards in the hip hop shop

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I have this album never bothered to unzip it I will now give it a listen. Thanks

what did you think Ben?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I haven't listened enough to give a good opinion I will spin it all weekend and give my Opinion on monday

Sun Supreme
03-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Hot Ass Album. My brother in law put me on to them. They new album is supposed to have rza and i thnk pete rock on some beats. Sounds like FIYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
I like this album alot..I like the beats...the rhymes...The entire vibe of this album...That El P track is off tye chain...

PANDA PISS
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
dope album, i think its difficult to listen to all in one sitting though
i tend to hit 2 or 3 tracks then move on
the sound of the record is amazing though, and those leftfield punchlines are pretty hot
personally i think el-ps own fantastic damage is better though

Tha Ill Shogun Lord
03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Best Damn Album Ive Ever Heard
it all started with battle for asgard

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I like this album alot..I like the beats...the rhymes...The entire vibe of this album...That El P track is off tye chain...

all tracks are produced by El-p, its the only production by him that i really like tbh, i dont mean really like i mean i am in love with it. Vordul And Vast had the best flows and lyrics on any album post 2000 aswell

IMO its in the best Hip Hop album top 3 of any era, to me it doesnt get any better than this.

personally i think el-ps own fantastic damage is better though

that is the single most bizarre thing i have ever heard anyone say on Wu Corp. Whats even more strange is u say you find it hard to listen to the Can O album all the way thru, well if you found Can O hard, fantastic damage is much harder to listen to! I wouldnt call Can O hard to listen to at all, but I cant listen to Fantastic Damage could give me a headache

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
^ Well the Atoms track and rediculoid are awesome!

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
all tracks are produced by El-p, its the only production by him that i really like tbh, i dont mean really like i mean i am in love with it. Vordul And Vast had the best flows and lyrics on any album post 2000 aswell

IMO its in the best Hip Hop album top 3 of any era, to me it doesnt get any better than this.

that is the single most bizarre thing i have ever heard anyone say on Wu Corp. Whats even more strange is u say you find it hard to listen to the Can O album all the way thru, well if you found Can O hard, fantastic damage is much harder to listen to! I wouldnt call Can O hard to listen to at all, but I cant listen to Fantastic Damage could give me a headache

alot of the beats on FanDam were better but Can Ox are better mcs I can understand liking those instrumentals more

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-12-2007, 07:11 PM

get el-p's Fantastic Damage as it is like a sister album to cold vein, with mr lif's IPhantom they are the pinical of the def jux label

it will blow your fucking head off

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-12-2007, 07:17 PM

just because fan dam is extreme doesn't mean that it is not a master piece, when you get hooked on it - it wont leave you for an age

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
^nah i dont like El P on the mic anymore, i liked him in 94 when he rhymed exact like Ghostface, now i cant get into him

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
94?

what did he drop before 97? and you had good taste for a 7 year old

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
get el-p's Fantastic Damage as it is like a sister album to cold vein, with mr lif's IPhantom they are the pinical of the def jux label

WOrd, I got...Just found it I will listen to it this weekend...BTW This Canibal Ox Album is great...1 Question is Cannibal Ox the name of the group? Or is that one MC??? I;m confuzzled

IronFingaz7
03-13-2007, 12:43 AM
At first I didnt like this shit, it was mad weird to me, but it ended up being my favorite album of that year. Shit, I think I'm going to pop this shit back in again.

P.E.A.C.E.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-13-2007, 08:56 AM
94?

what did he drop before 97? and you had good taste for a 7 year old

What s being 7 got anything to do with it, am I only allowed 2 listen to music from my own timeframe?

EL P LIVE FREESTYLE ON STRETCH AND BOBBITO SHOW RECORDED 8/11/94

http://download.yousendit.com/6E05F15B624B13E7

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Cannibal Ox two mcs (and el-p as producer) Vast Aire and Vordul Mega

Vast Aire is the slightly better mc but that is debatable (he is the one that rhymes skellington twice) the good news is we are due for another album this year some time after el-p's I Will Sleep When Your Dead

btw Cellar Door are you talking about the fact that most of fan dam was recorded in the mid 90s?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-13-2007, 09:29 AM
What s being 7 got anything to do with it, am I only allowed 2 listen to music from my own timeframe?

EL P LIVE FREESTYLE ON STRETCH AND BOBBITO SHOW RECORDED 8/11/94

http://download.yousendit.com/6E05F15B624B13E7

haha only j/k

dope

crust
03-13-2007, 09:54 AM
some of the solo shit that vast and mega have out is dope too. i can't get enough of that "look ma no hands" album from vast. cann ox needs to put some new shit out soon man.

WuGambino
05-16-2007, 03:30 PM

I Phantom is like possibly my very favourite album. I am in love with it.

And I finally got round to getting this Can Ox album today and I'm about 1/2 way through.
So far all I gotta say is wow.

CEITEDMOFO
05-16-2007, 04:39 PM
LISTEN TO "RIDICULOID" ignore the annoying intro, ill beat drop by el- penis, the c-rayz track is also my shit

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
LISTEN TO "RIDICULOID" ignore the annoying intro, ill beat drop by el- penis, the c-rayz track is also my shit
lol at el-penis Blue Rasberries is the shit

CEITEDMOFO
05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
ITS RASPBERRY FIELDS, I SEE U THINKING OF YOUR WIFE BLUE

http://a473.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_b4b04c0422ab7a63888f8078290fc150.jpg

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
ITS RASPBERRY FIELDS, I SEE U THINKING OF YOUR WIFE BLUE

http://a473.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_b4b04c0422ab7a63888f8078290fc150.jpg

haha yeah