PDA

View Full Version : Why race matters

Aqueous Moon
07-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Why race matters

In a discussion about immigration, a friend wrote: “And of course I want America to stay America in its values, culture and language. I just don’t care about its appearance as much. Skin that’s a little lighter or darker, or eyes that are a little slantier do not mean anything to me.”

Here is my reply, in which I try to explain to my friend why race should NOT be a matter of indifference to us: Since you say immigration control or stoppage is a high priority, we’re in agreement on the important thing. But I just want to point out that what we’re facing is not a matter of “skin that’s a little darker or lighter,” but the prospect of the marginalization and utter loss of power over America and Europe by the very people who created those societies—and thus of the utter destruction of those societies and their entire heritage built up over hundreds and thousands of years. That’s why, even though race is obviously not the same as culture, the two cannot be entirely separated either. When a different people enter a country in great numbers, they bring their culture with them, and so displace both the native people and their culture. Where Hispanics are taking over in California and the Southwest, it’s not a matter of a “little change of shade,” it’s a matter of European Americans—our people, the people of the country we grew up in, being utterly replaced by a different people who do not share the same values, history, memory, loyalty, culture or civilizational attributes. This doesn’t mean that no one assimilates at all, but the assimilation is at best partial.

I think one of the main reasons the white majority is allowing this to happen is that the post 60’s generations have been told that to care about our own race is evil, as though to care about our own race means we must hate and seek to put down other races. It’s like saying to an oak tree, “If you believe in yourself as an oak tree, that means you hate and want to oppress and destroy maple trees.” That’s not an exaggeration. That’s really the way people today have been taught to think. As a result, completely unlike earlier generations of Americans, today’s Americans do not have a basic allegiance to the white race that created our civilization, our historical memories, our world—everything that we are. So they don’t care if it vanishes from the earth. To me this liberal attitude of “anti-racism” is not “moral,” it is something immoral and extremely unnatural.

For example, Theodore Roosevelt and Williams Jennings Bryan, about whom I’ve been reading lately, were not racists, they did not subscribe to any of the racial theories that were being bandied about at the time, but they had a natural, innocent sense of identification with the white race, the European peoples from whom they were descended and who created our civilization. They saw the world in terms of distinct peoples, not hating other people, but rather in the same way that we’re interested in people who are different from us even though we’re more interested in ourselves! To express indifference toward the prospect of the disappearance of the white race, as white people do today, would have seemed utterly inconceivable to them. It would be as though someone didn’t care about the survival of his own family. But it would be worse, because if one’s family dies out, the society it was a part of survives, but if our entire race is marginalized and loses control over its ancestral lands and indeed loses its very existence as a people, that would mean the disappearance of everything we are.

This is what Europe and America are now facing. The next 50 to 100 years could literally bring the practical extinction of the West and its heritage unless this problem is brought under control.

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/001160.html - Obviously, this is from a white person's point of view.

Aqueous Moon
07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
This is what Europe and America are now facing. The next 50 to 100 years could literally bring the practical extinction of the West and its heritage unless this problem is brought under control.

I wonder how they are gonna control this "problem"??

hectis
07-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I wonder how they are gonna control this "problem"??

WHO AMERIKKKA?

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Aqueous Moon]Why race matters

In a discussion about immigration, a friend wrote: “And of course I want America to stay America in its values, culture and language. I just don’t care about its appearance as much. Skin that’s a little lighter or darker, or eyes that are a little slantier do not mean anything to me.”

Here is my reply, in which I try to explain to my friend why race should NOT be a matter of indifference to us: Since you say immigration control or stoppage is a high priority, we’re in agreement on the important thing. But I just want to point out that what we’re facing is not a matter of “skin that’s a little darker or lighter,” but the prospect of the marginalization and utter loss of power over America and Europe by the very people who created those societies—and thus of the utter destruction of those societies and their entire heritage built up over hundreds and thousands of years. That’s why, even though race is obviously not the same as culture, the two cannot be entirely separated either. When a different people enter a country in great numbers, they bring their culture with them, and so displace both the native people [I]and their culture. Where Hispanics are taking over in California and the Southwest, it’s not a matter of a “little change of shade,” it’s a matter of European Americans—our people, the people of the country we grew up in, being utterly replaced by a different people who do not share the same values, history, memory, loyalty, culture or civilizational attributes. This doesn’t mean that no one assimilates at all, but the assimilation is at best partial.

I think one of the main reasons the white majority is allowing this to happen is that the post 60’s generations have been told that to care about our own race is evil, as though to care about our own race means we must hate and seek to put down other races. It’s like saying to an oak tree, “If you believe in yourself as an oak tree, that means you hate and want to oppress and destroy maple trees.” That’s not an exaggeration. That’s really the way people today have been taught to think. As a result, completely unlike earlier generations of Americans, today’s Americans do not have a basic allegiance to the white race that created our civilization, our historical memories, our world—everything that we are. So they don’t care if it vanishes from the earth. To me this liberal attitude of “anti-racism” is not “moral,” it is something immoral and extremely unnatural.

For example, Theodore Roosevelt and Williams Jennings Bryan, about whom I’ve been reading lately, were not racists, they did not subscribe to any of the racial theories that were being bandied about at the time, but they had a natural, innocent sense of identification with the white race, the European peoples from whom they were descended and who created our civilization. They saw the world in terms of distinct peoples, not hating other people, but rather in the same way that we’re interested in people who are different from us even though we’re more interested in ourselves! To express indifference toward the prospect of the disappearance of the white race, as white people do today, would have seemed utterly inconceivable to them. It would be as though someone didn’t care about the survival of his own family. But it would be worse, because if one’s family dies out, the society it was a part of survives, but if our entire race is marginalized and loses control over its ancestral lands and indeed loses its very existence as a people, that would mean the disappearance of everything we are.

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/001160.html - Obviously, this is from a white person's point of view.

Is there a change in your heart, You make a point but at the same time you made your point but missed it as well. I'm not trying to be funny. Something opened your eyes to this besides your friend

Aqueous Moon
07-03-2006, 08:33 PM
None of this is my point of view.....I'm just sharing something that I found interesting and revealing about the nature of Amerikkkan survival.

This is all others people's words, not mines. I just thought they were worth taking a close look at.

Aqueous Moon
07-03-2006, 08:34 PM
WHO AMERIKKKA?

Exactly....we already know how Amerikkka deals with "problems"

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Exactly....we already know how Amerikkka deals with "problems"

Let me ask you, How would you deal with amerikkka's problem

Aqueous Moon
07-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Let me ask you, How would you deal with amerikkka's problem

Amerikkka is her own problem. In the article, this person actually claims to be a native American!

I thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Whites are foriegn to this land...their own history books tell us that they met the Origianl native indians already living here when they came and stole this land away...hence, the pilgrims.

If I were the president I would give the Original people their soverign lands back, along with monetary repairations....

That would be the righteous thing to do.

hectis
07-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Amerikkka is her own problem. In the article, this person actually claims to be a native American!

I thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Whites are foriegn to this land...there own history books tell us that they met the Origianl native indians already living here when they came and stole this land away...hence, the pilgrims.

If I were the president I would give the Original people their soverign lands back, along with monetary repairations....

That would be the righteous thing to do.

IT WOULD BE BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Thats honorable of you!

hectis
07-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Why?

TAURO
07-03-2006, 09:01 PM
With regards to hispanics taking over california it has to be noted that california was once part of mexico so by right that land belongs to latinos anyway.

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I was not responding to you. I was replying Aqueous

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Why?

I was not responding to you. I was replying to Aqueous Moon

hectis
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I Know

Godbrother
07-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Race doesn't matter you have good and evil that's it.

Race does matter, it helps build a form of identity. It's like this white lady complaining about this asian lady for speaking her native tongue and she is looking at me like i'm suppose to agree with her

june181972
07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
YOU CAN:

Change religions
Learn another language
Change political affiliations
Become citizen of another country
Change tax brackets

I guess since there is no 100% definitive way to define "race"
Certain people will disregard it when it is convenient for them

Longbongcilvaringz
07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
race is nothing.

Ultimate Fist
07-03-2006, 11:25 PM
With regards to hispanics taking over california it has to be noted that california was once part of mexico so by right that land belongs to latinos anyway.

Dumbass, you stole that land from the Chumash and other native tribes. Hispanics didn't discover California, as sure as the Europeans didn't discover America. You took over. I went to school out there so I know the history. The hispanics crushed the more militant tribes and forced the more docile ones to accept Catholocism, and Hispanic culture. When California got took over by whitey, that was just karma. Too bad the indians lost their cultural identity under YOUR oppression, otherwise we could talk about giving them back THEIR land.

Ultimate Fist
07-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Aqueous Moon,

Would you call Fredrick Douglas racist?
http://www.usbc.org/opinion/2006/spr/priority.htm

Aqueous Moon
07-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Aqueous Moon,

Would you call Fredrick Douglas racist?
http://www.usbc.org/opinion/2006/spr/priority.htm

He seems a bit confused, especially when it comes to this quote:

"Our old employments by which we have been accustomed to gain a livelihood are gradually slipping from our hands: Every hour sees us elbowed out of some employment to make room for some newly arrived emigrant from the Emerald Isle, whose hunger and color entitle him to special favor," Douglass wrote. "These white men are becoming house servants, cooks, stewards, waiters and flunkies."

I can understand his desire to preserve the traditional means of Black livelihood in Amerikkka, which were the lowest skilled and lowest paid jobs available. Only because without those low jobs we would have no money at all.

But, what he doesn't seem to consider is the fact that Blacks don't have to paticipate in the cruel system of Amerikkka. We don't have to fight other whites and other originals over the rich white people's crumbs.

We can and should have our own soverign society to live in proseperity without the racism of Amerikkka on our backs and in our hearts.

This still is what the Original people need to realize today. Fuck Amerikkka, and Fukkk Capitalism! We can and should be free.

crass
07-04-2006, 12:17 AM
good thing aqueous is in lebannon and i'm safe in america with my fellow crackers. this obsession with race is no different from the redneck KKK people who wanna hang all the "niggers." if the only identity people can cling to is their race --- white or black --- they are crippling themselves.

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 12:25 AM
good thing aqueous is in lebannon and i'm safe in america with my fellow crackers. this obsession with race is no different from the redneck KKK people who wanna hang all the "niggers." if the only identity people can cling to is their race --- white or black --- they are crippling themselves.

I am talking about true freedom and peace and prosperity and you are saying I'm like the kkk??

I don't wanna hang white folks. That's not my nature. I don't wanna burn crosses in they yards or bomb their churches and kill their children...I don't want to do that.

That is what the kkk did to my people. I don't have the stomach to kill little white babies. I don't want to kill anyone.

Get it straight!

Visionz
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
I think the biggest thing about race or maybe even more so nationalism, is that its stills used as a measured perception of whoever standing in front of you is. And I would imagine everyone has that within 'em to a certain extent that reaction w/in. I don't think this is neccessarily the fault of any one individual for reacting that way. Experience and sub-conscience assaults have shaped us all to think whatever way that we do. I would like to see the elimination of so-called "white thought". If you look at the history of the world religon. None so far as I know, have originated within/ Western society that is still practice today. Now, I don't mean religous sects obiviouls the catholic church is european but the roots lie in Africa and the Middle East and onto India and China with all the rest. So every major school of thought that has shaped this entire planet in spiritual matters is not of Western thought. The world has had enough of it I think. The greed and the waste will enventually kills us all if we continue on our current trends as a people. If we want to move on we must abandon our wicked ways. We involutarily feed a beast that sends bombs and bullets to kill people you would have otherwise never come across in your life. I don't think its so much about skin as it is the school of thought. Race is used as a distraction that is used to cause even further division. It is to the upmost importance of the machine that we are divided amongst ourselves. We are much easier to control as long as we are each others throats. You only have to read to these threads to see how easily people can be manipulated.

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Dumbass, you stole that land from the Chumash and other native tribes. Hispanics didn't discover California, as sure as the Europeans didn't discover America. You took over. I went to school out there so I know the history. The hispanics crushed the more militant tribes and forced the more docile ones to accept Catholocism, and Hispanic culture. When California got took over by whitey, that was just karma. Too bad the indians lost their cultural identity under YOUR oppression, otherwise we could talk about giving them back THEIR land.

I know you weren't talking to me but....

'Hispanic' was the name given to the Native Indians who were colonized by Spain. Some were colonized by Portugal. Spain and Portugal were white countries.

But, that's were the Naitves got the "Spanish" language and the religion of Cathlocism.

They are now called latino or mexican or hispanic....but, they are still the same native Indians who were enslaved by Spain and Portugal. They were raped by the Spanish settlers so some of them have mixed blood.

It's just like the Blacks in Amerikkka who are called African American, Negro, etc. We now speak the English language and a lot of us follow the religion of Christianity. But, that's because it was forced upon us in the first place.

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:20 AM
I think the biggest thing about race or maybe even more so nationalism, is that its stills used as a measured perception of whoever standing in front of you is. And I would imagine everyone has that within 'em to a certain extent that reaction w/in. I don't think this is neccessarily the fault of any one individual for reacting that way. Experience and sub-conscience assaults have shaped us all to think whatever way that we do. I would like to see the elimination of so-called "white thought". If you look at the history of the world religon. None so far as I know, have originated within/ Western society that is still practice today. Now, I don't mean religous sects obiviouls the catholic church is european but the roots lie in Africa and the Middle East and onto India and China with all the rest. So every major school of thought that has shaped this entire planet in spiritual matters is not of Western thought. The world has had enough of it I think. The greed and the waste will enventually kills us all if we continue on our current trends as a people. If we want to move on we must abandon our wicked ways. We involutarily feed a beast that sends bombs and bullets to kill people you would have otherwise never come across in your life. I don't think its so much about skin as it is the school of thought. Race is used as a distraction that is used to cause even further division. It is to the upmost importance of the machine that we are divided amongst ourselves. We are much easier to control as long as we are each others throats. You only have to read to these threads to see how easily people can be manipulated.

Well said...

I wish people can understand that it really doesn't matter what another person thinks about you.

A person could think I'm a nigger, bitch, blah blah blah...

I am only concerned that you don't infringe on my freedoms, or interrupt my survivial. That's what peace is.

If we could all just repect life in this way....it would be a lot better.

supremecharma
07-04-2006, 01:21 AM
I am talking about true freedom and peace and prosperity and you are saying I'm like the kkk??

I don't wanna hang white folks. That's not my nature. I don't wanna burn crosses in they yards or bomb their churches and kill their children...I don't want to do that.

That is what the kkk did to my people. I don't have the stomach to kill little white babies. I don't want to kill anyone.

Get it straight!

NO!! BUT BUT U DO DO LIKE LIVING IN THE PAST AND REMINDIND US DAILY OF WHAT HAPPENENED AKKKUEOUS!!!!

MOVE ON!!!!!

Visionz
07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Move on?^we all will when our actions show that we are ready. Yours do not.

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:26 AM
NO!! BUT BUT U DO DO LIKE LIVING IN THE PAST AND REMINDIND US DAILY OF WHAT HAPPENENED AKKKUEOUS!!!!

MOVE ON!!!!!

I can't move on until things change. I won't stop talking about it until it changes. I won't stop trying to change the fucked up shit I see every day until it actually does change.

That's just how I get down....

Visionz
07-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Well said...

I wish people can understand that it really doesn't matter what another person thinks about you.

A person could think I'm a nigger, bitch, blah blah blah...

I am only concerned that you don't infringe on my freedoms, or interrupt my survivial. That's what peace is.

If we could all just repect life in this way....it would be a lot better. Isn't ironic that it matters very little of what others think of you yet it matters a whole lot what you think of others.

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Word, Eric...yes it is.

supremecharma
07-04-2006, 01:37 AM
I can't move on until things change. I won't stop talking about it until it changes. I won't stop trying to change the fucked up shit I see every day until it actually does change.

That's just how I get down....

what you doin to change it?

Visionz
07-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Word, Eric...yes it is. It brings me to the understanding that changing perception is the key. Do you think it's possible to metaphysically murder who a person once was?

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:49 AM
what you doin to change it?

My whole life is the change, it's about how you think, eat, play, sleep, study, teach....each one teach one. It's all about proper education and action.

What are you doing to change the world?

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:52 AM
It brings me to the understanding that changing perception is the key. Do you think it's possible to metaphysically murder who a person once was?

Yes...I certainly do.

supremecharma
07-04-2006, 01:56 AM
My whole life is the change, it's about how you think, eat, play, sleep, study, teach....each one teach one. It's all about proper education and action.

What are you doing to change the world?

helping ex con kids in my area wiv music, giving money to charity, i do walks for breast cancer....i could probably do some more but i have alot of commitments. i only asked because u said u were tryin to change the world so i was interested......dont get ya gun out ova it hun..... :9

Visionz
07-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Yes...I certainly do.haha, I knew you'd say that. keep that gun loaded ;) peace Aqua

Godbrother
07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Moon

Be easy! Your soul is showing too much fire. Let the cool air settle in your skin. Your heart is into it. Let things sometime be a concept. People views/comments will be attacked and destroyed. After time people will begin to build

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 01:37 PM
You think so? It seems that instead of attacking the views/comments, most people chose to attack the person. I don't try to convert these haters on here to turn 5%. Most of the time I'm either answering a question or defending my culture.

Godbrother
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
You think so? It seems that instead of attacking the views/comments, most people chose to attack the person. I don't try to convert these haters on here to turn 5%. Most of the time I'm either answering a question or defending my culture.

http://www.cineclub.de/images/2000/gladiator_1.jpg

Question for you, why are they attacking you? Don't let what you are consume your heart

Aqueous Moon
07-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Question for you, why are they attacking you? Don't let what you are consume your heart

You should ask them if you really wanna know. But, I think it's kinda obvious.

Now, what is the picture about?

Godbrother
07-04-2006, 11:22 PM

I used that picture as a photographic concept as a way of me addressing you directly but then again you may see something else

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/glgirl2a.jpg

Godbrother
07-04-2006, 11:35 PM

Now that you know, Lets get back to the topic of your thread/forum

http://www.dreamworksfansite.com/gladiator/storyline/gladiator119a.jpg

Aqueous Moon
07-05-2006, 12:06 AM
aight...that's cool wit me. Peace

TAURO
07-05-2006, 12:20 AM

How am I a dumbass, dickhead when none of my statement was incorrect, secondly im not mexican so your statement "Your oppression" does not really apply to me.

Sicka than aidZ
07-05-2006, 12:33 AM
kkkrackkkkhead:eggy:

Aqueous Moon
07-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Race still matters in the global age

Disasters force the United States and France to confront their failures.

The notoriously proud United States and France have always delighted in pointing out each other's shortcomings as developed nations. Whether it is health care or culture, both countries laugh at the other's expense. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast and the race riots all over France, neither country sees its respective plight as a laughing matter, but rather a shocking and pitiful wake-up call.

The thousands of deceased and displaced racial minorities in New Orleans and the hundreds of French-Arab and French-African youths who are now rioting in the streets of France point to the larger problems of both countries: a failure to fully integrate minorities into the "mainstream."

The devastation inflicted by Hurricane Katrina disproportionately affected low-income blacks, and the riots in France, sparked by the accidental electrocution of two Muslim youths hiding from police, are responses to racially based economic and social exclusion. The common denominator in both of these cases is a racially oppressed underclass.

U.S. critics of France have pointed to the country's centuries-old idea of integration and citizenship " which ignores ethnic and religious communities' existence and specific needs " as the major cause of the race riots. But judging from the U.S.'s inept response to Hurricane Katrina, it doesn't seem that the "American Creed" is working very well for U.S. "citizens" either. Let's not forget that the United States had major race riots in 1992.

It is clear these tragedies call for a re-evaluation of French and U.S. priorities. Race still matters and cannot be ignored. Before either country looks outward to promote its example, it should look inward to confront its failures.
It's been a little more than two weeks since the riots began in France and two and a half months since Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast.

When will leaders stop floundering over their political scorecards and start providing real results? - NEVER!

Sicka than aidZ
07-05-2006, 01:31 AM
i didnt read it at all, sorry aqueous, just feels so natural to type shit about nerds like you

Sicka than aidZ
07-05-2006, 01:33 AM
When will leaders stop floundering over their political scorecards and start providing real results? - NEVER!

i dont think they can^^^

Professor Poopsnagle
07-05-2006, 02:11 AM
there is no race in mankind.

Aqueous Moon
07-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Race is Reality, Not Illusion

"I don't see race," the modern narrative goes. "I see people. My family didn't own any slaves. We came here with nothing, we worked hard, pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps. Why don't your people do that?"

Left out of the narrative is the array of opportunities for jobs, housing, education and wealth accumulation that were open only to whites -- or to those who could pass for white.

Before you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps, it helps to have boots.

Professor Poopsnagle
07-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Race is Reality, Not Illusion

"I don't see race," the modern narrative goes. "I see people. My family didn't own any slaves. We came here with nothing, we worked hard, pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps. Why don't your people do that?"

Left out of the narrative is the array of opportunities for jobs, housing, education and wealth accumulation that were open only to whites -- or to those who could pass for white.

Before you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps, it helps to have boots.

ah ok. you´re right. when i say "there is no race in mankind.", i refer to the simple biological fact. but when i get you right you say that "race" is defined and and as a (lose?) definition manifested in society and life circumstances that outmark certain ppl.
i just put it there because i thought it is an argument against racism.

but i guess whatever i write lhx is already on his way...

Professor Poopsnagle
07-05-2006, 04:05 AM
Do you ever watch Animal Planet? That's exactly what it is, I don't watch much TV anymore because people are fake and they're lying. I don't believe everything I read in papers or magazines either. And internet is gonna be a problem too. I'm glad that I know reality.

how do you know reality? i don´t mean this as an philosophical or esoteric question but rather rethoric. i think i know what you mean. children know reality. animals know reality.

WARPATH
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Actually, the land belongs to Native Americans. White people drew the lines that siad- this is mexico, this california, this texas, and if you step over this line you need to follow these rules.

But from a more philsophical point of view the land belongs to the children, because they are the ones that our gonna live their when we die.

If you want to get deeper you can say the Land belongs to Know one except for Nature or even God All Mighty if you believe in him, because a Hurricane can come through and wipe it clean an hour.

hectis
07-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Actually, the land belongs to Native Americans. White people drew the lines that siad- this is mexico, this california, this texas, and if you step over this line you need to follow these rules.

But from a more philsophical point of view the land belongs to the children, because they are the ones that our gonna live their when we die.

If you want to get deeper you can say the Land belongs to Know one except for Nature or even God All Mighty if you believe in him, because a Hurricane can come through and wipe it clean an hour.

I THINK THE LAND DOSE NOT BELONG TO ANYONE BUT GOD

Godbrother
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Race still matters in the global age

Disasters force the United States and France to confront their failures.

The notoriously proud United States and France have always delighted in pointing out each other's shortcomings as developed nations. Whether it is health care or culture, both countries laugh at the other's expense. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast and the race riots all over France, neither country sees its respective plight as a laughing matter, but rather a shocking and pitiful wake-up call.

The thousands of deceased and displaced racial minorities in New Orleans and the hundreds of French-Arab and French-African youths who are now rioting in the streets of France point to the larger problems of both countries: a failure to fully integrate minorities into the "mainstream."

The devastation inflicted by Hurricane Katrina disproportionately affected low-income blacks, and the riots in France, sparked by the accidental electrocution of two Muslim youths hiding from police, are responses to racially based economic and social exclusion. The common denominator in both of these cases is a racially oppressed underclass.

U.S. critics of France have pointed to the country's centuries-old idea of integration and citizenship " which ignores ethnic and religious communities' existence and specific needs " as the major cause of the race riots. But judging from the U.S.'s inept response to Hurricane Katrina, it doesn't seem that the "American Creed" is working very well for U.S. "citizens" either. Let's not forget that the United States had major race riots in 1992.

It is clear these tragedies call for a re-evaluation of French and U.S. priorities. Race still matters and cannot be ignored. Before either country looks outward to promote its example, it should look inward to confront its failures.
It's been a little more than two weeks since the riots began in France and two and a half months since Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast.

America has two profiles, National and International. When America deals with other countries it has to look sharp/strong. On the national level, America displays DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BEHAVIOR

To fix the problem with RACE. It will have to start on the LOCAL/STATE/FEDERAL. It will have to be enforced! And someone is saying what do you mean! Some people speak hate/segregation and don't know it. Some elected officials in Politics involve there personal views instead of the common good of there people/country.The right people will have to step forth, but things do take time to happen

Godbrother
07-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Overall, the people of that country will have to make there voice be heard and pressence felt. I attend my city council meetings and see there is no participation from the community. The room is barely filled, They sit on that council to here what you have to say. Some People say: There not doing anything for us.

Godbrother
07-05-2006, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=Aqueous Moon]Why race matters

Here is my reply, in which I try to explain to my friend why race should NOT be a matter of indifference to us: Since you say immigration control or stoppage is a high priority, we’re in agreement on the important thing. But I just want to point out that what we’re facing is not a matter of “skin that’s a little darker or lighter,” but the prospect of the marginalization and utter loss of power over America and Europe by the very people who created those societies—and thus of the utter destruction of those societies and their entire heritage built up over hundreds and thousands of years. That’s why, even though race is obviously not the same as culture, the two cannot be entirely separated either. When a different people enter a country in great numbers, they bring their culture with them, and so displace both the native people [I]and their culture. Where Hispanics are taking over in California and the Southwest, it’s not a matter of a “little change of shade,” it’s a matter of European Americans—our people, the people of the country we grew up in, being utterly replaced by a different people who do not share the same values, history, memory, loyalty, culture or civilizational attributes. This doesn’t mean that no one assimilates at all, but the assimilation is at best partial.

Ok, I see where you are coming from. No, the people will not loose there existence because there identity remains. The land bears the marking/characteristic of the people. In time people will begin to adopt the american way. They will show signs of growth which leads to interracial bonding

Frontal Lobotomy
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
As long as there are imaginary lines 'seperating' lands, there will always be racial prejudice.

Ultimate Fist
07-08-2006, 11:12 PM
How am I a dumbass, dickhead when none of my statement was incorrect, secondly im not mexican so your statement "Your oppression" does not really apply to me.

Ah but I'm assuming you're Latino by the "Latin Pride" statement. That means if we are to ascribe to this racial fault theory it is your oppression. You Europeans want to leave the people in America responsible for every oppression that came here. But who brought slavery to America? Who brought imperialism to America? It was the ENGLISH, THE SPANISH, AND THE FRENCH. You Europeans think you can just wash your hands and say "Fukkk Amerikkka" Everything that happened here came from you're continent first.

tacle
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Race doesn't matter you have good people and you have bad people.. That's it.

Hold that.

supremecharma
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM
wooooooooooooooooooooooord.

MaShPG
07-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I can see race becoming the next religion and muhfuckaz waging war because of race and no longer religion.

LHX
07-12-2006, 09:04 AM
anybody who spends time considering race issues might get distracted and swept away by the lava thats coming

true story

staying on topic, though - are there any conclusions that have been reached in this thread?

or are we still at the point where our eyes can see different shades of skin and we do not know what it means?

Aqueous Moon
07-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I think more people will understand what it has meant to be Black in Amerikkka and what it means nowadays when the tables get turned.

It would be terrible to see the kind of rage Africans' have against whites spread across the planet.

Maybe when that time comes everybody won't say race doesn't matter.

hectis
07-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Race Dose Not Matter To Me I Am Only Hear To Serve God If Man Can Not Stop Fighting Over Skin Color And Work Together Then That Is Man's Problem

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 02:28 AM
we are all human beings. all the same. end of.

ShaDynasty
07-13-2006, 04:42 AM
i could give a fuck less about a future full of same color peoples, with small clans of whites and blacks etc
ill be dead then
im proud of being me, i dont see why is should be proud of heritage, color etc
none of that shit affects my life and i dont need to think about it
why should i relate to a white person more becuase theyre white?
black and white races have both had the same number of racists, psychos, murderers, bad people etc and same amount of good guys
why be proud of that shit
it doesnt fucking matter
im not saying that learning about your races history is boring, or that people shouldnt enjoy it, just that, at the end of the day it has fuck all to do with you
if some white guy was a slave master, that doesnt make me one, similarly if some black guy was a freedom fighter, that doesnt make some black kid today one
aqueos tries to act all righteous.....lol

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 05:05 AM
careful i got banned 4 doin that!!!! ^^^^^^

Aqueous Moon
07-13-2006, 06:29 AM
i could give a fuck less about a future full of same color peoples, with small clans of whites and blacks etc
ill be dead then
im proud of being me, i dont see why is should be proud of heritage, color etc
none of that shit affects my life and i dont need to think about it
why should i relate to a white person more becuase theyre white?
black and white races have both had the same number of racists, psychos, murderers, bad people etc and same amount of good guys
why be proud of that shit
it doesnt fucking matter
im not saying that learning about your races history is boring, or that people shouldnt enjoy it, just that, at the end of the day it has fuck all to do with you
if some white guy was a slave master, that doesnt make me one, similarly if some black guy was a freedom fighter, that doesnt make some black kid today one
aqueos tries to act all righteous.....lol

This thread wasn't about race history, it was about race today in the present.

It still effects us...you don't have to think about it. We live it, we don't get the choice to say fuck it, it doesn't fucking matter because it is our everyday lives.

Immigration, Katrina victims, Paris riots....these are major issues and they have everything to do with race.

Alot of people would rather stay in denial, or just say fuck it. I rather not.

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 06:31 AM
we know....

Aqueous Moon
07-13-2006, 06:43 AM
we know....

What are you talking about?

Why are you in this thread if you already know?

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 06:52 AM
yeah i thought about that afta i posted - i was talking about when u said "i rather not" earlier on. i was saying "we know". i love a good debate too.

ShaDynasty
07-13-2006, 06:53 AM
This thread wasn't about race history, it was about race today in the present.

It still effects us...you don't have to think about it. We live it, we don't get the choice to say fuck it, it doesn't fucking matter because it is our everyday lives.

Immigration, Katrina victims, Paris riots....these are major issues and they have everything to do with race.

Alot of people would rather stay in denial, or just say fuck it. I rather not.
i responded to the first post.....which didnt say anything about that shit you just said

Aqueous Moon
07-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Why race matters

Here is my reply, in which I try to explain to my friend why race should NOT be a matter of indifference to us:
Since you say immigration control or stoppage is a high priority, we’re in agreement on the important thing. But I just want to point out that what we’re facing is not a matter of “skin that’s a little darker or lighter,” but the prospect of the marginalization and utter loss of power over America and Europe by the very people who created those societies—and thus of the utter destruction of those societies and their entire heritage built up over hundreds and thousands of years. That’s why, even though race is obviously not the same as culture, the two cannot be entirely separated either. When a different people enter a country in great numbers, they bring their culture with them, and so displace both the native people and their culture. Where Hispanics are taking over in California and the Southwest, it’s not a matter of a “little change of shade,” it’s a matter of European Americans—our people, the people of the country we grew up in, being utterly replaced by a different people who do not share the same values, history, memory, loyalty, culture or civilizational attributes. This doesn’t mean that no one assimilates at all, but the assimilation is at best partial.

Race matters because there is a lot of people who think like the author of this article does. The so called minorities need to be aware of this kind of perspective. Because minority presence is seen as a problem in Amerikkka.

Aqueous Moon
07-13-2006, 07:03 AM
i responded to the first post.....which didnt say anything about that shit you just said

aight...I was responding to what you said.

don't matter tho, I respect your opinions.

at least you said something worth talking about.

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 07:07 AM
minority presence IS a problem at the moment in OUR country. we have extremist muslims plotting to blow us up daily using our government money. whats peoples take on that?

Aqueous Moon
07-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Why are the musims being extreme?

Is something provoking them?

We should get to the root of the problem.

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 07:15 AM
they say they want the uk troops out of afghanistan. but we just tryin to protect peeples asses. we try to get tony blair to get the troops out but he licking bushes ass so much he wont do it so we on high risk every damn day......

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 07:32 AM
God i hate politicians....

ShaDynasty
07-13-2006, 08:04 AM
whats provoking the extremists?
they hate the uk, they actually hate the west, but get this THE MOTHERFUCKERS STILL LIVE HERE or at least try and live here
terrorists are retards
they all need to get locked up

Kephrem
07-13-2006, 08:25 AM
What was the UK doing in the Middle East some 80 years ago? Why are they still involved, with the U.S.'s war(s) of aggression today?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire#The_impact_of_the_First_World_War

I agree with you though that terrorists should be locked up, and they should start by locking up George Bush and Tony Blair.

supremecharma
07-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Yep^

Godbrother
07-14-2006, 01:00 AM
minority presence IS a problem at the moment in OUR country. we have extremist muslims plotting to blow us up daily using our government money. whats peoples take on that?

Some people peace and happiness will not be achieved unless its under there own flag

Spoon Face
07-14-2006, 02:05 AM
race doesn't matter at all its just color of skin

Aqueous Moon
07-14-2006, 01:58 PM
race doesn't matter at all its just color of skin

Yeah right. Too bad George Bush and Isreal don't see it that way.