PDA

View Full Version : Help with Reason

Visionz
07-04-2006, 12:18 AM
This question is for anyone fairly familiar with Reason 3. I'm trying to layout the senquence for a combo bass line and I want to change it up using the matrix p.s. because my midi keyboard is broken.. I don't know if its some kind of glitch but I'm not able to get the combinator patch to write to the actual bars of the track and copying the matrix pattern to the track doesn't actually make the pattern change even though I have those change-up I want programmed.

I know its a techy question but the shit has been a brick wall for me. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you need anymore info to help out please just leave 'em here and I'll respond back.thanks in advance.peace

Hz Deep
07-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Give me some more details, what devices are in the combinator patch? and am I right in thinking you just need the matrix track in the reason sequencer to control the notes the combinator devices are playing?

Visionz
07-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm lining up four malstroms to make one bass line that I'm running through the matrix and a couple of effects processcors. I've tried pasting the matrix patterns I want it to play in the sequencer and not choosing auto-play in the rack itself. But for some reason it will only play the pattern that's selected in the rack, on playback mode it won't make the adjustment to the differing patterns I've programmed into the sequencer. It almost seems like a bug but I got a legit copy and the latest upgrades so I just don't know what the deal is. Thanks for the help. peace

VernakuLa
07-05-2006, 01:00 AM
I see your back in the lab E, yo hit me up when u comes up wit a few tracks yo, id love to hear that

Hz Deep
07-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Post the combinator patch, and i'll see what's up.

Visionz
07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
mmmmm, cool but how? I could send it as an attachment for an email but I wouldn't know how to get it up here on the boards.

Hz Deep
07-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Check your e-mails man, I got it working over here OK. I've sent you the adapted combi patch, and reason song file. Let me know if that song plays right for you, I changed up the pattern a little so you can see the patch now follows the note data in the combi track.
Pz.

GuardianOne
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Check your e-mails man, I got it working over here OK. I've sent you the adapted combi patch, and reason song file. Let me know if that song plays right for you, I changed up the pattern a little so you can see the patch now follows the note data in the combi track.
Pz.

Nice i see you at it with the knowledge. Didn't ever get to thank u on the PAN levels advise way back - i just remembered it just now whilst reading this thread...