PDA

View Full Version : realalisticly, how long do u think we have left as a species?

Sicka than aidZ
07-05-2006, 01:10 AM
how much time do we have till we wipe ourselves out?

hidden ninja
07-05-2006, 09:00 AM
not enough

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-05-2006, 09:32 AM
" And if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that drugs destroy your mind. And destroy your home. In the end it'll only lead our country into ruin "

theres 1,000s of nearby asteroids they havent spotted yet that could crash into Earth. Its gonna happen.

GuardianOne
07-05-2006, 10:29 AM
how much time do we have till we wipe ourselves out?

Why worry about that, you're still here...

Professor Poopsnagle
07-05-2006, 10:33 AM
iŽd say max. 5 generations

Longbongcilvaringz
07-05-2006, 10:50 AM
dunno, not lomg though. the environment is already being destroyed and it wont stop because business don't won it to.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Could all end tomorrow, for all we know. We're in God's waiting room, and have been given our number, all that remains is for that number to be called, so to speak.

damaja
07-05-2006, 11:31 AM
4 to 5 days.

LHX
07-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Could all end tomorrow, for all we know. We're in God's waiting room, and have been given our number, all that remains is for that number to be called, so to speak.

TROOF

prepare to live forever
but
also prepare to be dead by the time you finish reading this post

R-I-P

brown_dogg
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM

I don't think we're living in God's hands anymore. When we evolved to homo sapiens sapiens we took our lives into our own hands.

Prince Rai
07-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't think we're living in God's hands anymore. When we evolved to homo sapiens sapiens we took our lives into our own hands.

how did we ever live in God's hands? and how did this stop? how can we sustain ourselves now?
and if God was once needed, what is his purpose now?

brown_dogg
07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
how did we ever live in God's hands? and how did this stop? how can we sustain ourselves now?
and if God was once needed, what is his purpose now?

We were living in gods hands before we became homo sapiens sapiens. Before we evolved, if there was a drought there was nothing we could do about it, and we'd just die. When we became homo sapiens sapiens, we became agriculturalists, so if there was a drought, we have food in storage to sustain us. Therefore, we were no longer at a god's mercy.

Prince Rai
07-05-2006, 02:28 PM
We were living in gods hands before we became homo sapiens sapiens. Before we evolved, if there was a drought there was nothing we could do about it, and we'd just die. When we became homo sapiens sapiens, we became agriculturalists, so if there was a drought, we have food in storage to sustain us. Therefore, we were no longer at a god's mercy.

so what did God do? just randomly provided people with food? ask yourself, how and where did people get food..

but interesting thoughts though, peace

Edgar Erebus
07-05-2006, 05:25 PM
We will live our days without problem. What will happen after us... btw, why are you interested into it? Isn't our point of life just to live, eat, drink, shit, fuck and all of this for next, let's say 70 years?

In our school we found out that amount of people, with todays' consumption, will surpass reserves of water in 3700 years. Just for orientation.

WARPATH
07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Right now we are in the Autumn of our society. Unless we work together, we might freeze to death when winter comes. But if we change up the way we live, then the we'll enter an era of spring, where the world would be beutiful again.

brown_dogg
07-06-2006, 12:50 AM
so what did God do? just randomly provided people with food? ask yourself, how and where did people get food..

but interesting thoughts though, peace

how and where people got food: we became hunter gatherers. once we started growing MORE than what we needed, and STORING it, we no longer had to wait for the gods to allow us to eat or starve (by taking away our food). If you look at it nowadays, if there's a drought, that doesn't affect you. you just go to the store to get more groceries. we're not dependent on the gods anymore.

Punch
07-06-2006, 01:11 AM
how and where people got food: we became hunter gatherers. once we started growing MORE than what we needed, and STORING it, we no longer had to wait for the gods to allow us to eat or starve (by taking away our food). If you look at it nowadays, if there's a drought, that doesn't affect you. you just go to the store to get more groceries. we're not dependent on the gods anymore.

and that's why we will run out of resources

GENERAL WISE
07-06-2006, 01:14 AM
infinite to the maxxx

Koolish
07-06-2006, 01:45 AM
for sure the environment is fucked. the average person doesn't take time to really think and so the destruction and carelessness we see today will only increase along with the earth's population.

PLO-Stylez
07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
unless we kill each other in 2029 a meteor is suposed to hit us
hope that makes yall feel better i saw a thing on Discovery channel bout what could end the world odds of it hitting us or coming damn close are in the 90% range

Or the super volcano in Yosemite park a volcano over a few hundred miles big

Or we can stop talkin bout this cuz its depressin

By the time we run out of resources we can pik up somthing new to use that is somthing i doubt

We arent in gods hands anymore he dropped us all on our heads or we wouldnt be cuttin each others throats or goin to war all the time

Koolish
07-07-2006, 01:45 PM
i think a lot of you would be interested in existentialism, one of their beliefs is that "God is dead, and we have killed him." their belief is that God may have existed at a time but human beings have killed him in some sense. i'm no scholar on the topic but there's more to it.