PDA

View Full Version : Hip-hop dead?

PLO-Stylez
07-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm new so u probly get a million of these threads but why not another I take a look a little bit deeper at it tho

I hear ppl say hip-hop is dead then Nas's new album is goin to be called hip hop is dead (or somthin like that)

I mean hip hop IMO is somthing that is real so it isnt gonna be destroyed but could it be gradually jus be stopped
Let me back up for a sec an explain why i think it might gradually stop because the majority of hip hop that is in mainstream focus has been gradually from taken from real art meaning lyrics that talk about issues at hand struggles etc with dope beats to mediocre to poor lyrics along with good beats/ now these lyrics are destroying the image of hip hop and lowering the standards to be a rapper but when the mainstream public says no to this kind of low standered lack of art could hip hop in a way now a days be in a way the industry killin itself

When i talk about it stoppin i mean the mainstream part of hip-hop which has gradually been turned to 75% shit but i dont see the underground goin away

Another main problem i think is hip-hop doesnt hav a leader to set the standard of what to do and to keep right an hav some sense of what real art of hip hop is supose to be

I might be talkin bout random shit but what do yall think

TAURO
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't mean to be rude cos your new but people are gonna hate on this thread so much.

I will say that personally Im hoping that hip hop will reach full circle and start up again with that raw shit, these new artists like Lupe Fiasco give me hope but it's gonna take alot more mc's with his kind of attitude to make any impact on the quality of hip hop in the mainstream market.

PLO-Stylez
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
i'm sure ppl gonna hate on me for this thread but all i'm askin bout is ppl's opinion on where hip-hop is goin and where is it leadin to thats all the future for it that all

i now hip hop isnt dead its jus a way to say goin down hill, art wise thats all
I really dont mean that its dead i am talkin bout the future

Edgar Erebus
07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't mean to be rude cos your new but people are gonna hate on this thread so much.

I will say that personally Im hoping that hip hop will reach full circle and start up again with that raw shit, these new artists like Lupe Fiasco give me hope but it's gonna take alot more mc's with his kind of attitude to make any impact on the quality of hip hop in the mainstream market.

LMFAO 2 million!

Goddamn, gimme one music that made a full circle and started up again and you'll get Nobel Prize.

Edgar Erebus
07-07-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm new so u probly get a million of these threads but why not another I take a look a little bit deeper at it tho

I hear ppl say hip-hop is dead then Nas's new album is goin to be called hip hop is dead (or somthin like that)

I mean hip hop IMO is somthing that is real so it isnt gonna be destroyed but could it be gradually jus be stopped
Let me back up for a sec an explain why i think it might gradually stop because the majority of hip hop that is in mainstream focus has been gradually from taken from real art meaning lyrics that talk about issues at hand struggles etc with dope beats to mediocre to poor lyrics along with good beats/ now these lyrics are destroying the image of hip hop and lowering the standards to be a rapper but when the mainstream public says no to this kind of low standered lack of art could hip hop in a way now a days be in a way the industry killin itself

When i talk about it stoppin i mean the mainstream part of hip-hop which has gradually been turned to 75% shit but i dont see the underground goin away

Another main problem i think is hip-hop doesnt hav a leader to set the standard of what to do and to keep right an hav some sense of what real art of hip hop is supose to be

I might be talkin bout random shit but what do yall think

I think you got point. And I think we'll all gonna go to hip-hop parties at the age of 60, like that old rock'n'roll fans still listening to Elvis. (Yo, imagine Mobb Deep at age of 6o, LOL)

THE W
07-07-2006, 09:10 AM
No

tacle
07-07-2006, 12:51 PM
It's not dead, but for me it is.

beardman
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
It isn't dead, but it isn't as it used to be. Hip hop had it's glory days in the 80's and 90's. It's now a bit on it's downside.

I don't like the current mainsteam artists like G-Unit and 50cent, however there are a lot of underground rappers that can spit great lyrics.
________
Yamaha DragStar 1100 specifications (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_DragStar_1100)

HipHophead101
07-07-2006, 10:06 PM
all i'm askin bout is ppl's opinion on where hip-hop is goin and where is it leadin to thats all the future for it that all

then stop being lazy and look it up in the other million threads on this topic

Marc051
07-08-2006, 03:53 AM
It's a bad sign when ya favorite artists from back in the day fail to impress nowadays and you find yourself going back and pickin' up albums from the 90s you slept on.

TAURO
07-08-2006, 06:09 AM
It's a bad sign when ya favorite artists from back in the day fail to impress nowadays and you find yourself going back and pickin' up albums from the 90s you slept on.

Yeah, thats whats been happening.

ShaDynasty
07-08-2006, 06:37 AM
so true, i hardly ever buy new albums, or even download them, they just dont interest me usually

cap
07-08-2006, 06:44 AM
yo man,it definitely isnt dead!!
hip hop is my passion.
i still find great new albums coming out

great albums in the last few years include :

busta rhymes-the big bang
de la soul - the grind date
gza-grandmasters
gfk-fishscale
little brother-the minstrel show
shabazz the disciple-the book of shabazz
the game-the documentary

and we got great things to look forward too with rappers like nas,rae & masta killa coming out with exciting projects.

and u got young cats like papoose and saigon on the come up!
its not dead stop that shit!
saying its dead is usually just an excuse for lazy mothafuckas to not buy albums but download 'em instead!

FUCK Y'ALL

ShaDynasty
07-08-2006, 06:53 AM
saigon has supposed to have an album out for years now
and look at your list, its not bad but its not exactly huge is it
there are definetly less hot shit comin out than 10 - 15 years back

Marc051
07-08-2006, 07:19 AM
I listened to Wu-Tang Forever Disc 1, more times this week than I did Fishscale since I bought that shit 3 months ago. Most of the shit I bought within the last 4 or 5 years has been garbage....ya talkin about hundreds of fucking dollars I wasted. Fuck all the young cats too, motherfuckers ain't bringing nothing fresh to the table. Raekwon, Masta Killa, and Meth need to come back with that rugged shit if they expect me to pick up their albums. I think some of the younger hip hop fans dont' have high expectations like those of us who grew up in the 90s.

JackTrippa718JR
07-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Not another one of these threads. *shakes head in disgust