PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Technique

beardman
07-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi there,

What do you think of Immortal Technique? I think he is one of the most talented mc's ever. For people who don't know him yet, you should really get his second album: Revolutionary vol 2.

His songs aren't about bitch*s, cars and money.. He keeps it real. I think he is the future of rap. :)

I'm curious what you guys think about him.
________
volcano digital (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

venex
07-07-2006, 03:18 PM
he is nice, but you have ALOT of rappers that don't rap about money, cars & bitches...

yeah I like him, rev. vol. 2 is a great album.

I heard he is a ill battle-MC, anyone got any (youtube) videos ???

peace!

beardman
07-07-2006, 03:34 PM
I know that there are alot of rappers that don't rap about money, cars & bitch*s.

But I think he has something special.... I don't have any video's of his battles, I have got some mp3's of them though. Haven't checked them out yet.
________
vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)

venex
07-07-2006, 03:40 PM
it's not a rapper that I can listen to constantly, but he is ill as fuck

his lyric are very nice, with all that politic stuff, alot of true words...

PLO-Stylez
07-07-2006, 08:59 PM
check this freestyle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z7wjKJRrcoU&search=immortal%20technique%20freestyle

Tech rips the shit outta this guy freestyle battle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWc7Hxdgyvw&search=immortal%20technique%20freestyle

And another
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Zfs-DVUJHw&search=immortal%20technique%20freestyle

Just type in on youtube immortal technique freestyle u get a lot of clips to many to post

HipHophead101
07-07-2006, 09:08 PM
great lyrics

horrible horrible HOOORRIBLE flow

Da Problem Child
07-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm not really with niggas doing the political shit on a regular,but anyway i heard he nice.I don't listen to him

Urban_Journalz
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech is definately one of the baddest cats on the mic right now.
Politically and socially on point and he has magnificent wordplay.
Nicest emcee to come out of Harlem, NYC since the late great Big L R.I.P.

G-Gka-Genius
07-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I think hes fuckin nice, his flow is kinda off sometimes but his lyrics are ridiculous and spits mad truth.

THE W
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
one of the best lyricists i've heard

RynMur
07-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Very nice emcee. Imo both Rev Vol 1 & Vol 2 are classics. Kinda get tired of the political rapping though. "You Never Know" is one of my favorite songs.

beardman
07-08-2006, 07:42 AM
I have to agree. It would be nice if he raps about other things too. I didn't enjoy Rev Vol 1 as much as Rev Vol 2, because Rev Vol 1 had very poor production.

IT took a big step forward in production with Rev Vol 2, however it still isn't very good. I hope that his production is dope in Rev Vol 3.

Does anybody know when Rev Vol 3 is commin' out? It should be out this year, don't know the exact date though.
________
gm foods (http://gmfoods.info/)

MwazaUmoja
07-08-2006, 11:18 AM
"I'll shoot your mom in the back, and fuck the bullet hole till she dies."

No way he's not ill after that. I don't even think Big L could touch the hardness of the shit he says.

venex
07-08-2006, 11:19 AM
^^^

true, we gonna get alot hate for this, but his HARDNESS/PUNLINES are on the same level or EVEN HIGHER then big L

true that !!!

Chief 'Broom
07-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I have to agree. It would be nice if he raps about other things too. I didn't enjoy Rev Vol 1 as much as Rev Vol 2, because Rev Vol 1 had very poor production.

IT took a big step forward in production with Rev Vol 2, however it still isn't very good. I hope that his production is dope in Rev Vol 3.

Does anybody know when Rev Vol 3 is commin' out? It should be out this year, don't know the exact date though.he's dropping "The Middle Passage" this year - although i haven't heard any news about it in a while

Tech said it's gonna be directed towards the state of hip hop and rappers, not politics - he's gonna drop vol. 3 when he feels like commenting on some shit that's going on

Tech has stepped his game up with his flow, if you've heard any of his work since vol.2

Longbongcilvaringz
07-08-2006, 12:09 PM
tech is dope. dunno where people say his flow is horrible. his flow is fine. just because you don't rhyme quickly doesnt mean you don't have a decent flow.

InfamousRD
07-08-2006, 01:30 PM
tech is the shit anyone know when his new album is dropin?

damn listen to this track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjVCp_nITY

Longbongcilvaringz
07-08-2006, 01:35 PM
"the middle passage" was meant to drop last year, now im not sure when its coming out. probably late this year.

cap
07-08-2006, 01:57 PM
check this freestyle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z7wjKJRrcoU&search=immortal%20technique%20freestyle

Tech rips the shit outta this guy freestyle battle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWc7Hxdgyvw&search=immortal%20technique%20freestyle

And another
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Zfs-DVUJHw&search=immortal%20technique%20freestyle

Just type in on youtube immortal technique freestyle u get a lot of clips to many to post

omg thx for these man!
incredible shit!

urban_angel
07-08-2006, 02:09 PM
yo, I agree with everything written here, he is truth, and the way he puts across his political and social views is dope, I really don't mind his flow tbh, he practices what he preaches, damn nice stuff for real, I love his revolutionary albums. 'Dance With The Devil' was the first track I ever heard from Tech, so you can imagine I was taken with this dude from the jump. I love 'Leaving the Past' and 'Peruvian Cocaine' s'all dope as hell, he's great to listen to cos he gives you alot to think about.

p

p

picturebloodbaths
07-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I love 'Leaving the Past' and 'Peruvian Cocaine' s'all dope as hell, he's great to listen to cos he gives you alot to think about.

p

p

leaving the past is my favorite tech song by far

zeppelin2k
07-08-2006, 03:02 PM
cold blood3d I dont give a fuck about karma/bc if it never comes to those who benefit from misery/ aint no motherfucking way it could ever do shit to me

that is some ILL BIG PUN shit right there, but his flow IS a bit off, doesnt mean he isnt a good rapper though, sometimes it take away from his rhyming though

masta killa has a flow people hate too, but I think he has a better flow than tech bc at least when he aint flowing properly he doesnt rhyme shit either, but when he wants the shit to be on point he KILLS it

beardman
07-08-2006, 05:33 PM
You guys should download these albums(not available to buy, if you wanted to :p):

The Silenced Revolution
St1ll Revolutionary

They contain a few good songs and battles. Has anybody heard the Bin Laden song with Mos Def? I thought it's quite funny :D
________
Toyota Liteace history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Liteace)

beardman
07-08-2006, 05:36 PM
he's dropping "The Middle Passage" this year - although i haven't heard any news about it in a while

Tech said it's gonna be directed towards the state of hip hop and rappers, not politics - he's gonna drop vol. 3 when he feels like commenting on some shit that's going on

Tech has stepped his game up with his flow, if you've heard any of his work since vol.2

He definatly improved his production since Rev Vol 2. However it's still far from great.

I can't wait till someone like Havoc produces his albums...
________
Suzuki GSX-R250 (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R250)

Seborth
07-08-2006, 05:54 PM
He's amazin flow, he has a lot dope songs like Dance With The Devil (great lyrics), Point Of No Return, Dominant Species, Peruvian Cocaine, Positive Balances.. and he can freestyle well

odot27
07-09-2006, 06:38 AM
ya hes nice, but his music gets boring after a while. Its real straight forward

FrenchShin
07-10-2006, 02:09 AM
he should get better productions.

TSA
07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi there,

What do you think of Immortal Technique? I think he is one of the most talented mc's ever. For people who don't know him yet, you should really get his second album: Revolutionary vol 2.

His songs aren't about bitch*s, cars and money.. He keeps it real. I think he is the future of rap. :)

I'm curious what you guys think about him.

Raekwon and Ghostface have songs about bitches cars and money in the Gambino Era, it ain't a bad thing. Personally i think he's a fuckin douche, but a very talented MC. His opinions are annoying, and he REALLY hammers down on the USA government for all these conspiracy theories, but not the North Korean government, which, if yoyu haven't noticed, is worst then the US gov. Or the Sudanesse governement, which is operating a genocide on blacks, but somehow the US goverment is worst. Basically he would be shitting on FDR in the 30's but not Hitler, just cause he's American, and he is a first generation american, meaning if it was so bad he could go back to his parents home, Peru and settle down without a problem, or maybe even North Korea if communisms so great like he says. It's hard to judge him on skill alone cause his skill is laced with this gayness, i left a thread about it a long time ago and it was like, the most controversial thing in Wu-corp history cause backpackers are gay.

MwazaUmoja
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Shaolin,

First off, as far as I know he was born in Peru. He's technically not a first generation American. Secondly, he isn't saying America is really hell on Earth. In 'Freedom of Speech' he says "I love the place that I live, but hate the people in charge." Just cause America is the 'leader of the free world' doesn't mean you shouldn't push it to further excellence, and stop pointing out problems. Sure the rest of the world is fucked up, but realistically alot of it does tie into America's desire to spread democracies, but more importantly to expand their markets.

AcidPhosphate69
07-11-2006, 12:53 AM
/\ True, Read "Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography" by Dominic Streathfield or something like that. They lay out how a lot of American foreign policy is resposible for how horrible some of the living conditions are in South America.

RynMur
07-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Shaolin, I can see where your coming from b/c how are you suppose to like a song when you don't agree with what he's saying. A few times Tech seems hyprocritical, then other times he makes a good point where I may have to rethink the situation. The theme of his album is political, so he's gonna have to do what he has to do to get his point across.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-11-2006, 04:09 AM
the reason he talks about america is because that where he lives....

hes not saying its worse then the sudan.

and im pretty sure that thread you started was about him using the word "nigger" and you said since he does he is a "douche"....

he is half african american btw,.

FrenchShin
07-11-2006, 04:13 AM
he's peruvian...

beardman
07-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Raekwon and Ghostface have songs about bitches cars and money in the Gambino Era, it ain't a bad thing. Personally i think he's a fuckin douche, but a very talented MC. His opinions are annoying, and he REALLY hammers down on the USA government for all these conspiracy theories, but not the North Korean government, which, if yoyu haven't noticed, is worst then the US gov. Or the Sudanesse governement, which is operating a genocide on blacks, but somehow the US goverment is worst. Basically he would be shitting on FDR in the 30's but not Hitler, just cause he's American, and he is a first generation american, meaning if it was so bad he could go back to his parents home, Peru and settle down without a problem, or maybe even North Korea if communisms so great like he says. It's hard to judge him on skill alone cause his skill is laced with this gayness, i left a thread about it a long time ago and it was like, the most controversial thing in Wu-corp history cause backpackers are gay.

You don't have to agree with his point of view. I can still enjoy his music, whether I agree with him or not.
________
buy herbalaire vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

The Lost Prophet
07-11-2006, 04:34 AM
technique is the true future of hip-hop. he is what hip-hop artist should be today. think about it, he's like nas, chuck d, big pun, big l, and old ice cube wrapped up in one. those hip-hop artists raised him, just like they should have raised every other hip-hop artist but unfortionally money talks. he is the NEXT LEADER of hip-hop whether u like it or not

The Antagonist
07-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Dance With The Devil and You Never Know are my fav tracks from him. Hes an incredible storyteller.
I also like his down and dirty political shit. You got Bin Laden, Freedom of Speech...whatever, hes got a lot of shit. I remember I like that song Obnoxious too.

WuTangWarrior
07-12-2006, 10:17 AM
technique is the true future of hip-hop. he is what hip-hop artist should be today. think about it, he's like nas, chuck d, big pun, big l, and old ice cube wrapped up in one. those hip-hop artists raised him, just like they should have raised every other hip-hop artist but unfortionally money talks. he is the NEXT LEADER of hip-hop whether u like it or not

exactly. Oh yea Shaolin i dont agree with a thing u say lol

MaShPG
07-12-2006, 10:25 AM
his album keeps getting pushed baaack and baaack first it was after christmas, then april, then late summer, now i'm hearing early november.

beardman
07-12-2006, 01:54 PM
his album keeps getting pushed baaack and baaack first it was after christmas, then april, then late summer, now i'm hearing early november.

Well let's hope that it will come out in november. Can't wait to hear his new material!
________
Motor Triathlon Race Car (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Triathlon_Race_Car)

TSA
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
the reason he talks about america is because that where he lives....

hes not saying its worse then the sudan.

and im pretty sure that thread you started was about him using the word "nigger" and you said since he does he is a "douche"....

he is half african american btw,.

lol no it was about him being a douche, i don't remember if i said anything about nigger or whatever cause the word doesn't bother me, i was basically the same shit i just said.

TSA
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
You don't have to agree with his point of view. I can still enjoy his music, whether I agree with him or not.

word, i appologize

Longbongcilvaringz
07-12-2006, 02:37 PM
lol no it was about him being a douche, i don't remember if i said anything about nigger or whatever cause the word doesn't bother me, i was basically the same shit i just said.

yeah man it could have been someone else. doesnt matter.

someone was saying shit about how he shouldnt say nigger, and i swear i read on his site that his mother or father was black.... i'll have a look for the link

and yes i do realise that he also has peruvian heritage.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
"He came to embrace his African roots that stemmed from his grandfather"

straight from the biography on his site....hes not half african but has african roots.

http://www.immortal-technique.com/

TSA
07-12-2006, 02:49 PM
"He came to embrace his African roots that stemmed from his grandfather"

straight from the biography on his site....hes not half african but has african roots.

http://www.immortal-technique.com/

ain't nothin african about that nigga

Longbongcilvaringz
07-12-2006, 02:51 PM
^lol, contradiction┐?

TSA
07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
^lol, contradiction┐?

im just saying, he's more then likely prt european but ain't nothing white about him, i hope "getting intouch with his roots" by shitting on white people, or being all pro-black doesn't make him more african. Africans love white people, take it from me, an african.

MwazaUmoja
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
He doesn't shit on white people.

Why do people who are critical of most political rap assume that those who are rapping are anti-white? He shits on people in power, most of whom happen to be white.

At the same time he shits on alot of the corrput latin leaders.

antisocial
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
to clear things up....he's quarter black...rest peruvian...i know the nigga for 6 years now, please don't ask for proof. also ya'll man 9th prince enjoys his music too. we was buildin in the studio and on the ride back he wanted to hear his music and said he is a talented nigga and wouldn't mind working with him.

antisocial
07-12-2006, 05:20 PM
and the of course this 9th conversation was before he got locked up.

ElusiveFugitive
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Immortal Technique is 100% unquestionable illness!one of only a handful of mc's that show integrity and reflect real realism.Releasing albums independently has freed him from corporate undercurrents in the industry so his message is relevant, defiant, untainted & true to the roots of hiphop. This man is a legendYeah his production isnt top notch, especially on vol.1 most of the lyrics on that album were written when he was locked up, and he was using a miniscule budget compared to some of the fucken wack shit that gets airplay on the regular. Vol 2 is lyrical strychnine...bangers like poverty of philosophy, dance with the devil, the getaway. harlem streets, peruvian coke, leaving the past, caught in a hustle, the bin laden remix, keepin it raw, the list goes on...Its too bad I'll probably never get to see him live in my part of the worldat. A lotta people here, even non hiphop fans would love to hear him spit truth about indigenous oppression and corporate imperialism in the third world - Peace

InfamousRD
08-04-2006, 12:21 PM
check out this video
Immortal Technique & Poison Pen - Freestyle Session(Live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpK2pjZDac8