PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the DS Lite

Kong
07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Is there another one due this year or early next year or is this IT?

does the ds link up with a pc like the psp?

do you store games on it or do you just put the game in and play it? cos ive seen a lot of people sharing games for the psp, that nearly made me get one but them psp's got to many bad reviews.

Icurus
07-08-2006, 01:56 PM
The DS also have a file sharing rom player too. However, go by your instincts. Personally,its what you really want. There is nothing wrong with getting either. But the DS lite is hot right now, and the games are amazing. The PSP is a better media player. Downfall, the UMD is stupid, and movies cost the same price as a dvd.

there are no other new ds system this year, this is the latest and final design from nintendo. There will be a black one in august, and a pink one in september. the PSP will have a new look sometimes this year.

Kong
07-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Cool, im not sure what i want to get.

Bloo
07-10-2006, 06:54 AM

In temrs of color, yes. In terms of design, I think the DS lite is it.

No, there's no need for it to.

do you store games on it or do you just put the game in and play it? cos ive seen a lot of people sharing games for the psp, that nearly made me get one but them psp's got to many bad reviews.

DS games come on carts, so they switch out just like PSP games. As for game sharing, it's possible on both systems but as of right now the DS does this more than the PSP does. Now if you're talking about sharing full games between people that's a different story. But even with that it's a lot harder and probably more expensive than most people are willing to pay.

scottishhaze
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM

The DS Lite came out in June, it is considerably lighter and the screens are ALOT brighter than the original DS

DS's can link to the internet to play various wifi games (metroid prime, mario kart etc) via a USB dongle. It has no connection to the PC however it simply uses it as a gate to the nintendo wifi service. You can also connect at McDonalds and anywhere else with wireless internet - for free.

Games are on cards as been said before and they save most games onto them - for wifi games ur wifi settings are saved on the card AND the DS itself. People can play wirelessly with one card where the game permits it - mario kart for example has reduced tracks etc when using one card. If everyone has a card full options are available via multiplayer:clap:

Tha Double-P
07-10-2006, 05:11 PM
are the ds light games the same as the reg ds games?

TUCO
07-10-2006, 07:17 PM
nerds

Icurus
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
are the ds light games the same as the reg ds games?

Yeah, its just a better design; like the gameboy advance and the gameboy advance sp.

Wu-Tality
07-11-2006, 06:57 AM
lol TUCO...

Kong
07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for answering. i do think ima get a psp.

scottishhaze
07-12-2006, 03:27 PM
nerds lol cheers man

Still would never buy a PSP tho, all they are is playstations with playstation games in a smaller format...just my opinion tho, ima shut up now:z

Wu-Tality
07-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I would buy a PSP just for Metal Gear Special Ops or what its called and the fighting games are better on it, but I like alot of games on the DS too.

LHX
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
DS lite is killer

web browser being released this month in japan
should hit north america by end of year

PSP is looking like a dinosaur already

Icurus
07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
I would buy a PSP just for Metal Gear Special Ops or what its called and the fighting games are better on it, but I like alot of games on the DS too.

The japanese fighting games on the ds are crazy. Bleach is fucking insane. Wi-Fi Connection too. Play people around the world. And mad people got the game too.

Icurus
07-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Jump Superstars is nasty too. Smash Bros. with anime characters. My favorite, Naruto, Ichigo from Bleach, and Laffy from One Piece.

Bobobobo is funny too.

Kong
07-13-2006, 01:05 AM
DS lite is killer

web browser being released this month in japan
should hit north america by end of year

PSP is looking like a dinosaur already

the games and games for the future are making me think psp at the moment, playstation seem to get much better games.

LHX
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
a lot of the PSP games are just PS2 re-makes

games for DS are 95% original titles

other factors about the PSP -
-UMD is already being phased out by movie companies
-PS3 is coming out, so there might be even fewer titles coming out for PSP since most of the games are PS2 cross-overs

but

the PSP technically is more powerful and it functions as a multi-media device

if you are buying a system for GAMES - then DS lite is the way to go

srsly

TrueDciple
07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I have a PSP and i rarely use it. the last game i bought was megaman maverick hunters and it desapoint the shit out of me. but anyways i only own 2 games 0 movies for my psp and im getting serious thoughts of just selling that shit. In other hand im very tempted to get the new DS lite for 2 games only....Mario and Metroid. I might wait until the black ds comes out or i might get the white1...i saw a chick on the train with one and i took a good look at her DS lite and Her titis...and i have to say that they both look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace!

Icurus
07-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I have a PSP and i rarely use it. the last game i bought was megaman maverick hunters and it desapoint the shit out of me. but anyways i only own 2 games 0 movies for my psp and im getting serious thoughts of just selling that shit. In other hand im very tempted to get the new DS lite for 2 games only....Mario and Metroid. I might wait until the black ds comes out or i might get the white1...i saw a chick on the train with one and i took a good look at her DS lite and Her titis...and i have to say that they both look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace!

lol
funny

scottishhaze
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Fighting people online in metroid hunters = :thumbup:

Icurus
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
a lot of the PSP games are just PS2 re-makes

games for DS are 95% original titles

other factors about the PSP -
-UMD is already being phased out by movie companies
-PS3 is coming out, so there might be even fewer titles coming out for PSP since most of the games are PS2 cross-overs

but

the PSP technically is more powerful and it functions as a multi-media device

if you are buying a system for GAMES - then DS lite is the way to go

srsly

Thanks, Ive been saying that since it came out. Cant wait for the PS2 port of God of War though.