PDA

View Full Version : Balance

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Why is William Cooper wearing this racist hat? If you are going to parlay with Sunz of Man, Killah Priest, Tragedy, and others your level of consciousness should be shown from every aspect. A certain level of balance should exist. With the knowledge that many Native Americans have been fighting for years to have these symbols removed and Cooper is not the first and is not the last person to adorn these racist symbols it does raise some questions, that's if you consider him a conscious artist. This post is not to incite violent responses, only civilized dialog.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/williamcooper/wc_edited.jpg

http://www.aimovement.org/grafix/whereisthehonor.gif (http://www.aimovement.org/store/index.html)

LHX
07-12-2006, 08:00 AM
questions:

at what point do we stop being sensitive to these symbols and allow them to have power over us?

would it not be a step in the right direction to allow the disease to eat itself and no longer be affected by it?

does a child growing up in cleveland or washington who is a fan of the indians or redskins in 2006 have anything to do with ignorant people who may have selected the team names 100 years ago?

is there any strength to be found in these logos by the people who are choosing to take offense by them?

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 08:36 AM
questions:

at what point do we stop being sensitive to these symbols and allow them to have power over us?

would it not be a step in the right direction to allow the disease to eat itself and no longer be affected by it?

does a child growing up in cleveland or washington who is a fan of the indians or redskins in 2006 have anything to do with ignorant people who may have selected the team names 100 years ago?

is there any strength to be found in these logos by the people who are choosing to take offense by them?

Those are very good questions. "A picture is worth a thousand words." This statement is worn but true. Allah gives to every creature the ability to communicate with its own, to be able to share with other members of its species, what its aim is, what its desire is, to fulfill the natural inclination of the species. Words radiate from any picture looked at. The highest manifestation of communication is language that is given to human beings to express its desires, concerns, needs, disappointments, frustrations. But all of it is manifested through language. Some institutions of higher learning refer to it as "language arts."

Words carry multiple levels of energy. Many wars have been started over words, people go into depression over mere words. Levels of energy, light, spiritual power are contained in right words communicated with the right motivation energizes the brain of the recipient of such words. That energy is delivered to every part of the body, thereby increasing the energy level of that person. This can be reversed if the communication was in the negative. As with a negative sign or picture.

LHX
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
but my main question is this:

at this point, knowing everything that you stated above, what excuse do we have to be sensitive toward words that were sent out from a foundation of ignorance?

What excuse does a person have to be injured by the 'negative energy' of words or symbols?

If we cease being injured by our opponents' words, then it is the equivalent to becoming immune to bullets on the field of war.

whitey
07-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Why is William Cooper wearing this racist hat? If you are going to parlay with Sunz of Man, Killah Priest, Tragedy, and others your level of consciousness should be shown from every aspect. A certain level of balance should exist. With the knowledge that many Native Americans have been fighting for years to have these symbols removed and Cooper is not the first and is not the last person to adorn these racist symbols it does raise some questions, that's if you consider him a conscious artist. This post is not to incite violent responses, only civilized dialog.

And many native americans could really give a shit about team logos like that. What do you have to say about them? And if you say thats a lie and there arent any who think like that then I'd say I think you need to get out of the house a little more.

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 10:42 AM
but my main question is this:

at this point, knowing everything that you stated above, what excuse do we have to be sensitive toward words that were sent out from a foundation of ignorance?

What excuse does a person have to be injured by the 'negative energy' of words or symbols?

If we cease being injured by our opponents' words, then it is the equivalent to becoming immune to bullets on the field of war.

I see your point. De-sensitization will ultimately lead to death of some sort. Out of the entire human body the only sensory cells that do not adjust or de-sensitize are the Nociceptors (pain sensory cells). In everything Allah created is a lesson for man. This biological lesson for many is that we should never become de-sensitized to negativity, toxins, or anything that will be a detrimental force to our well being. Smell, taste, hearing, and some other senses will usually adapt but not pain. If we lost our sense for pain we would cease to exist. So we must be alert and sensitive and question everything that comes into our cipher or environment, be it positive or negative.
The tongue is often refered to as a two-edged sword by past and present Prophets and Hip Hop artist. We lost Tupac and Biggie over mere words. Sometimes you can't avoid being injured by someone who carelessly brandishes their "sword." Some injures are unavoidable and lacks immunity.

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
And many native americans could really give a shit about team logos like that. What do you have to say about them? And if you say thats a lie and there arent any who think like that then I'd say I think you need to get out of the house a little more.

Who are these Native Americans that don't care about their culture?
Maybe what you are saying is true, the ones that care no doubt outnumber the ones you are talking about.

http://www.aimovement.org/grafix/whereisthehonor.gif (http://www.aimovement.org/store/index.html)

$inista
07-12-2006, 12:44 PM
maybe he just wants to rep cleveland or maybe likes the team or needed a fitted to match his gear or who really gives a fuck

I mean how can you judge a man for wearing a baseball cap
I'm pretty sure you rock nikes on your feet or some other name brand shit when it was made in some sweat shop where the woker makes 45 to 95 cents for a 12 hour work day point being is even if you have conscious mind @ the end of the day your still human & far from perfect

talk about balence you need to bring your beef to the corporations using these type of logos & not indivuals who mite or mite not know people are offended by these type of logos

iniquity
07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
.. can you imagine the uproar if this was the logo? >

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3a/Golliwogg1.jpg ..

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 01:43 PM
maybe he just wants to rep cleveland or maybe likes the team or needed a fitted to match his gear or who really gives a fuck

I mean how can you judge a man for wearing a baseball cap
I'm pretty sure you rock nikes on your feet or some other name brand shit when it was made in some sweat shop where the woker makes 45 to 95 cents for a 12 hour work day point being is even if you have conscious mind @ the end of the day your still human & far from perfect

talk about balence you need to bring your beef to the corporations using these type of logos & not indivuals who mite or mite not know people are offended by these type of logos

Get out of attack mode. You missed the whole point. I don't have beef with anyone, I'm just raising some questions. I can tell from your, who really gives a fuck attitude that you
are desensitized to cultural oppression.

Gawd
07-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Get out of attack mode. You missed the whole point. I don't have beef with anyone, I'm just raising some questions. I can tell from your, attitude that you

He had some valid points tho. And I see by your response you have chosen to dodge them.

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
He had some valid points tho. And I see by your response you have chosen to dodge them.

If YOU say so.

Gawd
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
If YOU say so.

Again another dodge............yawn........ nothing new from you tho.

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Again another dodge............yawn........ nothing new from you tho.

I have dogded nothing. If you read the entire post you would see.

Gawd
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I have dogded nothing. If you read the entire post you would see.

I did read it. You dodged his comments and points.

Wamukota X
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I did read it. You dodged his comments and points.

I didn't see any valid points he made. Please clarify. I know you are not trying to compare sneakers to humans. Sweatshops are another story. We are addressing racist symbols not corporations and sweatshops. This country was built off sweatshops, everything you purchase in this country is tainted with it and is unavoidable. You of all people should know that.

Aqueous Moon
07-12-2006, 02:15 PM
questions:

The thing is........some of us are still looking for white Amerikkka's humanity.

Many of us don't want to accept the fact that Amerikkka has no authentic humanity to offer.

When we finally realize this truth, we will no longer be ignoring and offended by the evil, ignorant acts of these people. We will be administering justice.

Amerikkka is overdue and in need of justice.

$inista
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM

Get out of attack mode. You missed the whole point. I don't have beef with anyone, I'm just raising some questions. I can tell from your, attitude that you
I didn't see any valid points he made. Please clarify. I know you are not trying to compare sneakers to humans. Sweatshops are another story. We are addressing racist symbols not corporations and sweatshops. This country was built off sweatshops, everything you purchase in this country is tainted with it and is unavoidable. You of all people should know that.

I didnít attack you didnít call you out your name just stated my point of view is all
to me it sounds like youíre clearly the one attacking
Attacking Mr. William coopers character or & level of consciousness cause of his choice of head gear, All Iím saying is who gives a fuck if he is wearing a baseball cap
Itís obvious you have some type of beef with the use of these logos & I see your point clearly which I do agree with however my point being to you since you clearly cant see is Why attack or even mention the individual, attack the corporations who use these racist symbols cause its them who is putting it out & banking off of it as wellÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ..go straight for the head & the body will fall nah mean

you obviously miss my point itís not about sneakers, you are beefing about racist symbols & cultural oppression when you support the same motherfuckers who are actually oppressing people having them work under slave conditions so you could look fly but I wont get into that, thatís a whole other thread

Question what is worse unconsciously rocking racist symbols or consciously supporting slave labor?

Peace bro

LHX
07-12-2006, 04:31 PM
this whole thing is kinda strange for me personally

my favorite team growing up as a kid was the Indians, and I loved their logo, and had no idea that it was interpreted by some as offensive until i read something about it in the newspaper in my late teens

the word 'Yankees' always seemed like it would be more offensive to me

also - I often wondered how serious people could take a team name when there are teams named 'red sox', 'white sox', 'met(ropolitain)s', 'jazz', 'knickerbockers', 'canucks', etc

a part of me still thinks that it could be seen as respectful to certain people, and if memory serves correctly, the Indians were named the Indians because Cleveland was the first organization to allow a Native American to play for the team (I have no sources available for that last part right now, but I will look for it)

PEACE

LHX
07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I was wrong -

here is the story courtesy of Wikipedia:

The Indians Nickname

Contrary to popular belief, the team was not named for 19th century Cleveland player Louis Sockalexis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Sockalexis) when it assumed its current name in 1915. Rather, when the Naps needed a new name after Napoleon Lajoie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_Lajoie) was sent to the Philadelphia Athletics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Athletics) at the end of the 1914 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1914_in_baseball), Charles Somers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Somers), the team owner, asked the local newspapers to come up with a new name for the team. They chose "Indians" as a play on the name of the 1914 Boston Braves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Braves), who were known as the "Miracle Boston Braves" after going from last place on July 4 to a sweep in the World Series. The proponents of the name acknowledged that the Cleveland Spiders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders) of the National League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_League) had sometimes been informally called the "Indians" during Sockalexis' short career there, a fact which merely reinforced the new name. In any case, the name change was assumed to be temporary, but it stuck.

VernakuLa
07-12-2006, 04:42 PM

yes there soul fuckin intention is to be racist, yall need to stop bitchin, i doubt that people who made the indians team would have such a sinister plot

psh

Wamukota X
07-14-2006, 07:15 AM
you are beefing about racist symbols & cultural oppression when you support the same motherfuckers who are actually oppressing people having them work under slave conditions so you could look fly but I wont get into that, thatís a whole other thread

Question what is worse unconsciously rocking racist symbols or consciously supporting slave labor?

Peace bro

I don't understand your reply. How am I supporting oppressors???
The answer to your question-they are equal.

$inista
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't understand your reply. How am I supporting oppressors???
The answer to your question-they are equal.

well the way I see things is when we buy Nikes or other name brand shit produced in third world countries through what I call slave labor we are not only supporting them but their actions, not to mention how it cost like 10$ to make then they turn around & sell it to us for 100-150$ ching ching but thatís beside the point but Iíll go on anyway, it all done under our noses until we wake up & smell the coffee & see the evil works of capitalist corporations are only hurting us, the same corporations that put racist & degrading images on clothing & use our favorite athletes ,rappers, singers & actors to sell it to us thus the majority of the people donít know or even care about logos all they know is Fifty Cent had one they want one too, Jay-Z rapped about it in a song they want one, everybody wants to be somebody but them selves
so I say maybe he just wants to rep Cleveland or maybe likes the team or needed a fitted to match his gear or who really gives a fuck

peace

SubtleEnergies
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey that picture iniquity posted - we call them Gollywogs here. I don't know what you call them.

They USED to be a cookie! No any more! To be honest I found that to be a bit stupid. I mean what? Should we all boycott super mario brothers coz mario is an exaggerated italian?

I think honestly if you take these symbols too much to heart it says something about you. I can understand somethings are just plain disrespectful. But attacking anything that has any racial significance is a bit much...

I don't mind if someone makes fun of my race, or even me personally. I went to a school where we all had good humored teasing of ethnicities. I think it is a beautiful thing when we can recognize our differences, not take them too seriously and laugh at them (in a good natured way).

LHX
07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
people who can find the humor in it will overcome it

sometimes i laugh when i catch my own reflection

sucker

Aqueous Moon
07-16-2006, 08:24 PM
hmmm.....That Indain logo makes ya'll laugh?

I don't get the joke.

Oh, and I hate Aunt Jemima too. Fuck syrup and Uncle Ben's rice. hehe

LHX
07-16-2006, 08:26 PM
hmmm.....That Indain logo makes ya'll laugh?

I don't get the joke.

Oh, and I hate Aunt Jemima too. Fuck syrup and Uncle Ben's rice. hehe

no

the logo is not funny

the fact that people are dumb enough to make these logos is the funny part

not the logos themselves

Aqueous Moon
07-16-2006, 08:29 PM
I know what you mean LHX...I'm just not too good at being sarcastic.

oh, what the heck....Fuck sarcasm too.

LHX
07-16-2006, 08:37 PM
LMAO

you dont want to be good at sarcasm

leave that for the people who host political commentary shows where nobody ends up agreeing on anything

Aqueous Moon
07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
lol will do.

Wamukota X
07-17-2006, 09:59 AM
well the way I see things is when we buy Nikes or other name brand shit produced in third world countries through what I call slave labor we are not only supporting them but their actions, not to mention how it cost like 10$ to make then they turn around & sell it to us for 100-150$ ching ching but thatís beside the point but Iíll go on anyway, it all done under our noses until we wake up & smell the coffee & see the evil works of capitalist corporations are only hurting us, the same corporations that put racist & degrading images on clothing & use our favorite athletes ,rappers, singers & actors to sell it to us thus the majority of the people donít know or even care about logos all they know is Fifty Cent had one they want one too, Jay-Z rapped about it in a song they want one, everybody wants to be somebody but them selves
so I say maybe he just wants to rep Cleveland or maybe likes the team or needed a fitted to match his gear or who really gives a fuck

peace

That's your opinion. I respect that.