PDA

View Full Version : Crash - The Official Movie of this Forum?

LHX
07-17-2006, 12:09 PM
I had a chance to peep this film yesterday.

It dealt primarily (though not exclusively) with the issue of race, and like this forum, it came to no resolution other than the fact that in the end, everybody came out of it looking a bit foolish.

With all the hype surrounding this movie, I admit that I was not expecting much. But in the end, I was definitely into it. A potent hour and 45 minutes of cinema.

Has anybody else had a chance to check it?

Also, are there any other movies that come to mind that effectively take a look at our favorite issue?

I'd be interested to build on this, and whether anybody sees this film as something significant.

Add on...

Visionz
07-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Definetly a powerful film. I liked how it showed the duality of human nature w/ each character. The filthy cop can be a hero. The car jacker can set the captives free. The good cop can be a muderer...etc

I think it goes to show that we all have our short comings and that we shouldn't be too quick to judge anyone.

I was ready to jump through the screen in the scene with the lil girl and her protective cape. Its rare that a movie grips me the way this one did.

tacle
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Shit man, only seen this once, i'm definitely gonna watch it again, what a sick film, who ever hasn't seen this i suggest you really try and see it, a superb film.

Man i couldn't believe he shot the black guy in the car, he was only gonna show him that little model, man that was crazy, couldn't believe it, the man must have felt like shit after that.

Skellington
07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
One of the best movies I saw in a while yeah

Alcryt
07-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I had to watch this in school, i found it a really good movie.
I cant really add on though i aint to good with words lol

Frontal Lobotomy
07-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Decent movie, I'm glad I watched it the once. It was no Mississippi Burning, but it was a contemporary insight to the evolution of racial tensions in America

Os3y3ris
07-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Crap. I thnk I can go through the day without SHOOTING members of other races. Tell me when they make a movie about all the white guys sitting at one table an the blacks at another.

Koolish
07-18-2006, 01:10 AM
^^ i've heard some things about american history x. that might give you what your looking for.

TeknicelStylez
07-18-2006, 01:58 AM
^^^what... man on man action?

WolfMan
07-18-2006, 11:06 AM
A great movie! Kind of freaky though LHX, I watched it for the first time the same day as you...
One thing I was glad to see about the movie was that it did not only deal with blacks and whites as most racism related movies etc does, but latinos, asians and middle easterns got involved too.