http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Funkmasta999/mastakilla.jpg

1. Then and Now - Nice beat.

2. E.N.Y House - 4/5

3. Brooklyn King - Kinda boring to me. 3/5

4. It's What It Is - 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Hot track. really nice beat. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Sick track. Meth murders his shit 5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - LOVE this shit. mellow ass track. 4/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - It's not bad but it just gets kinda boring with all the talking. 3/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - This track is kinda weird. not bad tho....mellow joint. i can fuck wit it. 3.5/5

10. Street Corners - This track is straight classic. i liked the original track on think differently but this shit is sooo much better. i don't even really mind that they used the same beat. track is just fuckin sick. 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - DOPE 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - BANGER. my favorite joint on the album. 5/5

13. Lovely Lady - ehhh. don't know about this one. might grow on me tho -3/5

Wzarecta
07-23-2006, 11:19 AM
1. Then and Now - Great beat, wasted. 2/5

2. E.N.Y House - 2.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - Boring 2/5

4. It's What It Is - 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 4.5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Just annoying. 1/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - 2.5/5

10. Street Corners - 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - 4/5

13. Lovely Lady - 0/1000000000

Overall: Average

Puluhostyle
07-23-2006, 11:28 AM
1) Then and Now (prod. Big Phat Suites) ft Wu kids - Masta Killah appearantly decided to let the kids rock it...although the track has a nice haunting loop the wu kids fail to come thru...I don't really want to criticize their lyrics and delivery(cause they are still developing their craft) but when it comes to the wu kids the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....lil gza and lil masta sound even lazier than their fathers and the chorus is really simplistic...ain't nothing wrong with simplistic but when it's weak IT's WEAK...btw Masta doesn't even spit on this track

2) E.N.Y. House (prod. MF Doom) - Appearantly Masta rocks on a beat which was already used before...I didn't hear the 'first' version so Im less annoyed than other cats who already heard it....Masta delivers an average (Masta Killah delivered style) verse over an nice cinematic sample...fits Masta Killahs style

3) Brooklyn King (prod. Dev 1) - Fukk a melody let's spit over an drumloop...the beat sounds empty but at the same time doesn't become boring...it's grows on you...Masta picks on the pace and shows some energy on this track...Masta spits another average Masta verse...the hook is reallllllllllllyyyyyyy lazyyyyy..."Yall cats know how I do my thing/ Brooklyn King that snatch your bling/Yeah the motherfukka to swing/ You know his name ding ding ding ding....." http://forums.sohh.com/images/smilies/thumbsdown.gif...

4)It's What It Is (prod. PF Cuttin) ft Ghostface Killah & Raekwon - Ok the first highlight of the album...PF Cuttin blesses Masta Killah with a banger (shaolin skits included)...a nice horn loop on which Masta, Rae & Ghost rock the track with good pace and energy...

5) Nehanda & Cream (prod. Bronze Nazareth)...hmmm instead of seperating the skits into individual tracks a skit is incorporated into this track...when I finally thought I would hear track longer than 2 minutes and something..the first minute and 30 seconds are filled with some females at the club blahblahing...Yesterday I was knocking myself over the head where I heard this sample before and I finally realize that Kanye West used the same sample for Scarfaces' In Cold Blood...Bronze flips the sample a little different and does a nice job...Masta feels the need to spit 'nice to meet you ladies' verse and describes their beauty in the wu way

6) Iron God Chamber (prod. Whyz Ruger I.B.I.) feat U-God & Rza & Method Man - This track annoys the fukk out of me...on the wu boards some cats are going crazy over this joint...I guess they come in their pants cause they hear Uey, Rza and Meth on the same track....like I said I find this track very annoying...some sounds are very off...along with Rza's verse...Meth kills this track on delivery alone...sounds like the cats who produced the track programmed this track wrong or something....

7) Pass The Bone Remix (prod. Jig Sor) - Another uptempo track with very nice loop...pace feels kind of out of place for a Wu track...but Masta actually does his thing on track...praises his love for the bone...I think Allah Real sings a short hook....could have used some more lyrics

8) Older Gods pt 2(prod. Peter Rock) - Yeah everytime when Pete Rock give somebody a wack beat I call him Peter...cause this beat is really waccckkkk, empty and boring....sounds like $7.99 soundclick beat...I don't know why Masta picked this beat...sounds like they couldn't afford to clear the sample so they left out the sample....Allah Real breaks down some 5% history...doesn't fit the track at all...to those who have no interest in wu or 5% theory will find this jibberish...Masta falls back on his lazy delivery...this track is torture

9) Let's Get Into Something (prod. Startel)..I guess Masta Killah owes Allah Real a favor cause I thought this was a Masta Killah album...sounds like sort of RnB-ish track of Allah Real and Masta delivers another 'pretty skintone female' verse....if you want to give somebody a shot to shine on your album by actually giving them a track make sure it makes an impact cause this ish isn't really working it all...

10) Street Corner (prod. Bronze Nazareth) ft Inspectah Deck & Gza - Ok another highlight of the album...but Masta re-uses another beat...If you haven't heard Street Corner on the Wu Meets Indie album yeah you're right it's the same track...on that album a russian female named Byata killed this track...I hate when people use the exact same track...on the other hand it's vintage wu production with strong verses from Deck (especially) and Gza

11) Ringing Bells (prod. Bronze Nazareth) - This was the first single of the album...although Bronze comes thru again with a banger...this track can become boring after a couple listens...Mastas verse fits the pace of the track...the track has similarities with Fish of Ghost first album...I have heard this sample somewhere before...overall dope track

12) East Mc's (prod. Dev 1)ft ?? & Killah Sin & Freemurda & ?? - Third and last hightlight album...Dev 1 delivers a real banger...since Killah Sins came home he has been killin every track he has been on.....hungry as fukk...Freemurda doesn't stay far behind...and 2 other cats who I can't identify at this stage spit some nice verses

13) Lovely Lady (prod. Govener Tools ??) - It could be 2 things...1)Masta Killah owes a lot of people favors or 2) he is being extorted cause WHAT THE FUKK IS THIS....Don't get me wrong I really love reggae but this track is completely out of place on this album......Masta Killah feels to need a natural beauty nice skinetone verse for the ladies...damn Masta another one??

Overall the album is big letdown compared to the first album...1) Masta Killah barely raps on this album and 2) a lot of wu fans including me where very happy with the first album where he kept it 95% inhouse with the production and with the guests...personally I think wu fans are a little to keen on name tages...they all expect that a wu album should have wu prod and wu guests...kinda wu's gift and curse...so when a wu artist decides to go a different route people are quick to be disappointed...I have no problem with taking other producers or guests as long as it is good music and that's the big problem on this album...There are 3 strong tracks on this album and a couple of other good ones but the bad tracks are realllly bad...

racist randy
07-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Nigga Masta Killah only had like 4 solos on the last album.

Paco_Mtl
07-23-2006, 12:22 PM

it was about half n half...

FasterBlade
07-23-2006, 12:43 PM
he has 6 true solo tracks on here, not counting the two weird songs with all the singing. thats about what he had on NSD, the posse cuts are fantastic. couple people dislike it then it snowballs, its a solid 7.5-8/10 album. couple classic cuts on here, its a letdown compared to NSD yes but its a solid followup. better than Deck and Uey's 2nd albums thats for damn sure

Punch
07-23-2006, 03:35 PM
This shit is weak. Instantly forgettable. Would have been something if no other Wu album had ever been heard, as it is, it's just WU-by-numbers

Spectrum7glr
07-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Where did you all got the album lol

num2son
07-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Good review Pulu

tacle
07-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Is no said date better?

Eerie Theories
07-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Albums wack, no said date blows this shit out to mercury

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
the album isn't even officially out, but judging from the leaked it's way better than you guys are trying to say it is

Punch
07-23-2006, 05:29 PM
No, it's a bad album.

07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
naw far from it, and i'm not being a "stan" i'm giving my honest opinion this unmastered, incomplete album is actually pretty good and MUCH MUCH better than the shit ya'll tryin to say about it

StIllCrUnked
07-23-2006, 06:05 PM
you people must be some corny european cats.. this album is str8 fire..to many people in here are made in sweeden.. they dont understand

ShaDynasty
07-23-2006, 06:12 PM
i was gonna cop this
not sure now

Punch
07-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey that's great that you like the album, but that doesn't make the fact that I don't any less valid.

and :loser: to StillCrunked. Sorry but I'm an American From NY and I don't like this album, there's nothing "Fire" about it. Shit is corny, boring, and out of date.

Gutta J.85
07-23-2006, 06:32 PM
no said date >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> made in bk, its a good album but not great still worth buying I say and has high re-play value

made in bk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mr.excitement, birth of a prince & tical 0

fishscale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> made in bk

num2son
07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
1. Then And Now - 3.5/5
2. E.N.Y. House - 3/5
3. Brooklyn King - 4/5
4. Its What it is - 4.5/5
5. Nehanda and Cream - 3/5 (I really like the beat though)
6. Iron God Chamber - 5/5 (DOPE)
7. Pass The Bone Remix - 3.5/5 ( I heard this beat before, good beat anyway, the lyrics are from the original pass the bone)
8. Older Gods Part 2 - 2.5/5
9. Lets get into Something - 2/5
10. Street Coner - 3.5/5 (I never really liked the beat) (The flow is nice similar to Silverbacks on NSD)
11. Rining Bells - 4/5
12. Easy M.C.'s - 3/5
13. Lovely Lady - 3/5 (For some who are not into reggae music wont like this, but i like it)

Beats - 4/5
Lyrics - 3.5/5
Overall - 3.5/5

IMO Iron God Chamber is better than any song on NSD

Funkadelic Funkmasta
07-23-2006, 07:00 PM
you people must be some corny european cats.. this album is str8 fire..to many people in here are made in sweeden.. they dont understand

thats what i'm sayin. these wu stans here are mostly haters who kno nothin about hip hop. go on any other rap board and cats is lovin the album. its fuckin sick; maybe two tracks that don't fit on it but otherwise its a fuckin sick ass album

Knicks
07-23-2006, 07:05 PM
"if i dont like it, i dont like it, that dont mean that im hatin"

man.......i dont really like this cd. its disapointing....

it has its moments... like street corners n iron god chamber... but whatever... its forgettable.

no said date was 50 times better... especially production wise... the beats on this LP just are not as good, at all.

Puluhostyle
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Instead of coming with some valid arguments why this album is a so called banger...yall come with weak arguments we don't get it cause we ain't american....Im not here to fight on some BS...'Im better than you'...cause thats a typical IGNORANT american attitude...Im just callin a spade a spade...album is weak...Masta Killah can do better...he proved that with No Said Date

Since you wanted to start some BS I don't get it cause I aint american Im gonna close this reply with a Immortal Technique quote:

"But you see, here in America the attitude that is fed to us is that outside of America there live lesser people."

famenchuan
07-23-2006, 08:26 PM
This album was supposed to be a different style than NSD

num2son
07-23-2006, 10:19 PM
This album was supposed to be a different style than NSD

Yeah, sounds like it

And he also repeats some things

Like ITs what it is and Do The Dance, both feature ghost and rae

Street Corner and Silverbacks feature Deck and Gza

So it does seems in those two songs he kept the format the same

PLO-Stylez
07-23-2006, 10:30 PM
the album isn't even officially out, but judging from the leaked it's way better than you guys are trying to say it is

definitly its a good follow up to NSD and its a banger

PLO-Stylez
07-23-2006, 10:33 PM
thats what i'm sayin. these wu stans here are mostly haters who kno nothin about hip hop. go on any other rap board and cats is lovin the album. its fuckin sick; maybe two tracks that don't fit on it but otherwise its a fuckin sick ass album

co-sign

famenchuan
07-23-2006, 10:46 PM
co-sign

^
Totally agree. The tracks I have heard are sick.

Eerie Theories
07-23-2006, 11:10 PM
not from sweeden, born and raised in staten island, now i live in jersey and i still think this shit is fucking horrible..no matter your place on the earth you can still judge what is pleasing to the ears

stoned in shaolin
07-24-2006, 12:28 AM
def different than NSD, but its still dope wutang bangers.

LORD ZERO
07-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Da Cats Sayin This Album Is Wack.......get Out Da Forum! Lol Im Bangin It Now And Its Just As Sick If Not Sicker Than Nsd

Punch
07-24-2006, 01:16 AM
It's ironic that people are calling those who hate the album Wu-stans...

Ghost_Deini_
07-24-2006, 01:39 AM
okay.. im up to older gods part two, and if they got rid of that stupid fucking guy chatting in the middle of the track and the horns were maybe turned down a little then that song would be good. so far that and ENY house are my least favorites.. but eny house isnt bad, its just boring to me.

Ghost_Deini_
07-24-2006, 02:30 AM
1. Then and Now - good song, but would be better if it wasnt on masta's album. 3/5

2. E.N.Y House - nice, but itd be better if i never heard the doom song and the loop gets boring after a while. 3.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - i honestly like masta in this song and the beat, but the hook is the only reason this didnt get a 4. 3.5/5

4. It's What It Is - hmmm.. when i first heard this song i thought it was annoying, but by the time i heard the full album i learned to like it. ghost and rae's verses are ill. 5/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - really nice, smooth beat. as good as anything off no said date. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - i really like this song, all the verses are ill and i like the beat. haha, .5 taken off for the cheesy beginning of rza's verse 4.5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - i like this song, one problem though... what the hell does it have to do with the original pass the bone? couldnt they come up with another name? 4/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - okay.. why name this after such a sick ass song? i mean, this song wouldnt be bad if they lowered the horns a little and got rid of that damn annoying talking, but it ruins what could be a good song. but yeah, i hope i never see another reference to an old wu song in a song title unless the song is as good or actually has something to do with the original. sorry for the ranting... haha 2.5/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - okay, this is not a bad song, i just wish the singing wasnt so goddamn long. at least split it up and have mastas verse in the middle with some singing in the beginning and some at the end. that would have made this a better song. 3/5

10. Street Corners - ok, definitely one of the best songs on here, i dont even care that the beat's reused from the wu meets indie album. all of the verses are ill and so is the beat. 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - im sure youve all heard it.. ill. 4.5/5

12. East M.C.'s - is got a sick ass beat and everything, but theres definitely some lack of skill in the guest mc's, but not that bad. the only reason i didnt just give it 4 is because i know itll grow on me. 4.5/5

13. Lovely Lady - okay, please keep this off the finished version masta, and stick to being an mc... PLEASE. it gets an extra .5 only because of the beat. 2.5/5

overall i think its a sick ass album and its nowhere near as wack as most of you idiots are saying. everything that comes from a wu member doesnt have to sound the same and be a classic every goddamn time. you guys should have learned taht by now. oh well. while there are a few dull ass tracks overall its a good album. and at the time of its release itll be no more a banger.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-24-2006, 04:41 AM
all reviews in this thread arent even of the album, they are of a leaked version of what you assume the album will be.

delete thread.

Puluhostyle
07-24-2006, 05:43 AM
Do yall realize when you rate a song like 5/5 you implying that the song is up there with for instance....Protect Ya Neck, M.E.T.H.O.D. Man, Cream, Triumph and million of other wu classics and Im not even talking about songs outside of the wu catalogue...like T.R.O.Y., Bedtime Story, New York State Of Mind and others...thats why I reviewed the album I didn't put ratings up....

And lastly I can critcize anything I want....even on a Wu board just because you're on the board you HAVE TO follow blindly anything they release...just didn't like the album...but if YOU liked it...go buy it

One

07-24-2006, 05:51 AM
all reviews in this thread arent even of the album, they are of a leaked version of what you assume the album will be.

delete thread.

thats another thing i'm saying this album is incomplete & unmastered and people are acting like it's the final product

even with all that the album is still dope

Jeru
07-24-2006, 06:39 AM
I still can't believe that some people can't cope with the fact that certain people don't like this album.And yeah it mite be unfinished so we'll see

Punch
07-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I still can't believe that some people can't cope with the fact that certain people don't like this album.

That's The Corp.

The most mind blowing Hip-Hop group in history produced some of the most narrow minded fans.

Gutta J.85
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
a few listen now I gotta say this album is boring

PLO-Stylez
07-24-2006, 02:10 PM

delete thread.

^^^^Agree

until u listen to the finished album dont hate

pablobaluba
07-24-2006, 02:17 PM
i listened to it only one time

i think it is an overall good album. better than most of what i heard this year.and it has those nice drums on all tracks...that old feel ;)

i like it

Jeru
07-24-2006, 02:56 PM
^^^^Agree

until u listen to the finished album dont hate

Or appreciate

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
what Doom beat did he use?

cd
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
7. Pass the Bone Remix - i like this song, one problem though... what the hell does it have to do with the original pass the bone? couldnt they come up with another name? 4/5

Uh, he just takes the verses from the original and changes a couple of words.....

Ink Is My Drink
07-24-2006, 07:39 PM
whats a STAN i see this used everywhere?

lil homie
07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
The version I heard is meant to be the retail release and imo it's an average album. Yes as a couple of members have mentioned it may be unfinished and whatever else but for me most of it will have to be changed for it to deserve anything better than the current average rating I give it.

If you want to get an idea of how fair and realistic my view and rating of MIB is, here's my top three Wu albums in no particular order....

Wu-tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Raekwon & Ghostface Killer - Only Built 4 Cuban Links

On a final note, to those that have been very critical on this album wait until it is released officially listen for a few tracks then judge it. Also buy all the albums you appreciate to support Wu.

9th Warrior
07-24-2006, 09:52 PM
album cover looks like a bad photoshop production gone wrong, with masta all graphicpenned...mad corney
as for the album, from what i have heard, it doesn't touch NSD...

pi-pol
07-25-2006, 04:50 AM
Weak, boring and amateusih (like the cover) album.
Beats are not bad but nothing worth talking about, Masta Killa is like a sleeping pill, the songs got no structures, verses stopping abruptly, mediocre singing, poor sequencing...
It's hard to believe that someone from the wu could drop something that underachieved. It's not as wack or as corny as the U-God "Mr Xtiment" album, but it's very mediocre. And i liked No Said Date, i found masta enjoyable on that album.

So i'll go back and listen to that new Roots album, the new Dilla's Shining or that excellent Oh No album.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-25-2006, 04:54 AM
whats a STAN i see this used everywhere?

never heard the eminem track?

anyway idiots on here say it when someone praises music they don't appreciate.

Dr Zayus
07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
excellent Oh No album.

Oh No has a new album out?!

crass
07-25-2006, 10:00 AM
classic http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar2-r.gif 5 13.51% banger http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar3-r.gif 14 37.84% average http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar4-r.gif 8 21.62% mediocre http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar5-l.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar5.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar5-r.gif 7 18.92% wack http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar6-l.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar6.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar6-r.gif 3 8.11%

damn, i was anticipating this album would be even better than NSD but i guess a lot of people aren't feeling it

UNCLE RUCKUS
07-25-2006, 10:15 AM
damn, i was anticipating this album would be even better than NSD but i guess a lot of people aren't feeling it

Dont listen to other peoples opinions on here cause people are always hating on Masta Killa

famenchuan
07-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Dont listen to other peoples opinions on here cause people are always hating on Masta Killa

Agree. Listen to it 5 or 6 times then make a opinion. The album did not even come out yet.

Jeru
07-25-2006, 10:38 AM

Agree, I mean I can't recall anyone liking Ringing Bells or It's what it is or Brooklyn King or No Said Date for that matter.

THE W
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
+3

racist randy
07-25-2006, 10:41 AM

THATS A FUCKING LIE!!!!! mASTA kILLA IS 2ND MOST DICKRIDED WU MEMBER, YALL TALKING ABOUT "MAN MASTA KILL IS THE REALEST AND ALL THAT OTHER SHIT.

Jeru
07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
THATS A FUCKING LIE!!!!! mASTA kILLA IS 2ND MOST DICKRIDED WU MEMBER, YALL TALKING ABOUT "MAN MASTA KILL IS THE REALEST AND ALL THAT OTHER SHIT.

Real Talk

num2son
07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
I wish they could have put odb on the album, they got everyone else.

infamous2702
07-26-2006, 12:35 AM
this album IS the mastered version, it IS a letdown. Masta IS capable of delivering something better. "It is what is is" IS a great track. Though not a great album it IS worth buying.

9 good tracks, four awful ones, not the worst ratio.....but all I can ever think of is RZA talking about Rap & Bullshit in the begining of Wu Tang Forever....yet so many Wu memebers have R&B flavored tracks now...it's not what anyone who buy Wu related albums wants to hear.........I'm sorry but the last 100% street album by Wu released was Fear, Love & War by Killarmy.

Grongle
07-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Banger for now

DNasteee
07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I thought the album was good...not great, not better than NSD, but good. Not as bad as people have said it was on here....There are a couple songs I really feel, some songs that are good, then a few songs I won't ever listen to again and always skip. For me personally, that pretty sums up most of the hiphop albums I buy nowadays anyway.

I believe there's enough on here for a Wu fan to like. It's just not classic, but that's ok.

num2son
07-26-2006, 06:35 PM
that pretty sums up most of the hiphop albums I buy nowadays anyway.

I believe there's enough on here for a Wu fan to like. It's just not classic, but that's ok.

I agree

UNCLE RUCKUS
07-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I like what I´ve heard especially East Mcs Iron God Chamber and Ringing Bells I want this and I´m sure its the only one that comes out on its said date

Marc051
07-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Ringing Bells and although I liked Bronze's album, I think he's overrated on this site. I think the best track is Iron God Chamber. Like dude just said, it's not a bad album just not classic. I think for the next go round Masta should pick his beats very carefully.

ShaDynasty
07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
yeah its good enough to buy which is what ima do

lips
07-28-2006, 09:12 PM
my lil local record store always get shit early and there was mad young heads in there scoopin' up masta killa's joint. lil 12 year old kid coppin' 2 copies of made in brooklyn. you gotta love that shit.

num2son
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
lil 12 year old kid coppin' 2 copies of made in brooklyn. you gotta love that shit.

LOL, the young ones are listening

lips
07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
LOL, the young ones are listening

it was funny yo...kid was like all in a hurry for the store clerk to take his money and shit...lol...it was mad funny...they got one of them tall counters in that record store too, so his head was barely reachin' the top of that shit and he was lookin' up all serious and shit like "can i have it, can i have it?"

cosimo
07-29-2006, 07:46 AM
um it's better than fishscale, aren't as many rnb raps on it with the exception of track 9 which i quickly deleted. i think it's a solid wu album no said date is slightly better but still it's pretty sick

leaguer1
07-29-2006, 02:08 PM
good album, but too many flaws that add up to keep it from being anything more. 13 tracks leaves little room for error. some tracks are too long, some too short. and a couple of r&b missfires.

1. then & now (4/5) should have kept it professional
2. e.n.y. house (5/5)
3. brooklyn king (2/5) should have been a 0:45 second skit
4. its what it is (5/5)
5. nehanda & cream (4.5/5)
6. iron god chamber (4.5/5) mk gets slayed on his own track; shame.
7. pass the bone 2 (4.5/5)
8. older godz 2 (2/5) not good & way too long.
9. lets get into something (0/5) rap n' bullshit
10. street corner (4/5)
11. ringing bells (5/5)
12. east mc's (4/5) too long. why free murdah?
13. lovely lady (0/5) just pretend its a bonus skit

Overall; a decent followup. Time will tell how the replay value goes.

Disappointment comes only because I hold such high standards for the clan.

num2son
07-29-2006, 09:11 PM
it was funny yo...kid was like all in a hurry for the store clerk to take his money and shit...lol...it was mad funny...they got one of them tall counters in that record store too, so his head was barely reachin' the top of that shit and he was lookin' up all serious and shit like "can i have it, can i have it?"

:yes: , LOL

Leo Angel
07-30-2006, 04:27 PM
1. Then & Now - 4/5: very dope beat, one of the best on this album, but wasted for some Wu kids... maybe they got potential, but still need a lot of education :list:
2. E.N.Y. House 4/5: nice beat, Masta is good on this track
3. Brooklyn King 1,5/5: boooooring, beat sucks and Masta couldn't save this joint
4. It's What It Is 4/5: this song is growing on me, good Masta, Rae & Ghost collabo
5. Nehanda & Cream 4,5/5: one of my favs on the album, Bronze did good work with the beat, which fits Masta style of rap
6. Iron God Chamber 2/5: sorry, but I hate this annoying beat, it's a shame that 4 Generals had to spit over this crap|(
7. Pass The Bone Pt. II 4,5/5: :thumbup: , faster and more positive beat, I really feel it. Masta sounds real good over this
8. Older Godz Pt. II 1/5 :thumbdwn: , very long track with shitty beat (Pete Rock, wtf??), plus boring interludes.
9. Let's Get Into Something 1/5: Masta, what is this?? Ne-Yo or other RnB bitch ass artist?? bleeeee
10. Street Corner 4,5/5: would be 5/5, but we all know that this beat is recycled. another lovely INS, Masta & GZA collabo (remember Silverbacks? *D )
11. Ringing Bells 4/5: another good job by Bronze, he provides the best beats on the album, Masta doesn't sleep on the mic
12. East MC's 4,5/5: yup, kinda Wu banga, but there should be some other Wu affiliates, like Priest, Razah & Timbo, instead of two unknown MC's and Freemurda|( , beat is bananas
13. Lovely Lady 1/5: errrrrr, oh my god, this shit is terrible, I don't understand how this jumped on the Masta album u know...

Average album IMO, some tracks are fuckin crap, just awful... I think that Masta could make far better album. Production on this album is owned by Bronze, so why he didn't use other Wu Elements productions?? Plus Masta is more boring on the mic than on NSD. Overall, NSD was far better album than Made In Brooklyn.

Peace

UNCLE RUCKUS
07-30-2006, 04:31 PM
12. East MC's 4,5/5: yup, kinda Wu banga, but there should be some other Wu affiliates, like Priest, Razah & Timbo, instead of two unknown MC's and Freemurda|( , beat is bananas

Peace

I like this song my man Victorious is the shit on it!

Ghost Deini
07-31-2006, 03:10 AM
First let me say MK is one of my favorite Wu generals, I loved NSD and yeah yeah I know it ain't out yet but i'm still postin a review fuckaz:

1. Then and Now - 3.5/5 : Might be a 5/5 track for me if it was actually MK or some other Wu niggas. That beat is dope as fuck but let's face it, it's wasted on the kids. Yeah they got potential and I think it's cool to hear em on a track but usin this as the opener? With a beat like this.? Nah, keep it like NSD, a little skit/track.

2. E.N.Y. House - 4.5/5 : Here we go, a real track MK spittin some dope shit. I like the beat too, could be a bit longer though.

3. Brooklyn King - 4/5: I like this shit alot. Again just a hip-hop track with MK spittin some shit no other bullshit. Nice simple drum beat and bassline too.

4. It's What It Is - 5/5: One of favorites on the album, love the sample and all 3 verses are ill. Ghost + Rae = hot tracks always.

5. Nehanda Cream - 4.5/5: This is where the album starts to get annoying. Now I rated it high cause in being fair to MK once the song actually starts at like 1:30 in it's a nice song. But why the stupid interlude in the beginning? Taking up space on the track and just doesn't need to be there but still a nice song when it gets going.

6. Iron God Chamber - 5/5: Dunno seen alotta people hatin this song. I like it alot, nice consistent beat U-God and Rza sound dope as well as MK.

7. Pass the Bone Remix - 5/5: Nice solo track from MK. No extra bullshit, kinda more upbeat lyrics and beat too, I like.

8. Older Gods Part 2 - 3/5: Again this rating is a bit generous because when MK is actually spitting on the beat I like it. But it just has stupid interludes on it like the Nehanda Cream song. Pointless shit taking up space and totally messes up the flow of the track.

9. Let's Get Into Something - 2/5: Boring beat in my opinion, fucking most of the shit is some R&B nigga. Shit like this on MiB is annoying when it ain't even MK spittin on the mic. And even when he does finally come in at the end ain't nothing special with this beat.

10. Street Corner - 4.5/5: Recycled beat is lame, but I like it none the less and all 3 generals spit some nice shit on this track, no extra bullshit interludes on it neither, good track.

11. Ringing Bells - 4.5/5: Nice beat from Bronze, he brought heat for this album. Just Masta on the track nice shit.

12. Easy M.C.'s - 4.5/5: I like the beat alot. MK has a nice verse, although some other generals would be sick on this beat than the guest rappers chosen.

13. Lovely Lady - 4.5/5, 2/5 for placement: Hahaha, man. This track, what can I say. Thing is, I like Reggae alot. Could be my favorite type of music or one of and as a Reggae track this shit is nice. Very chill and has a nice melody. But this is a Masta Killa album, what the fuck is it doing on here? Maybe as a b-side or some unreleased shit. But it just doesn't work as a part of this album. By itself it's a nice a Reggae track like I said, I actually really enjoy it but it just doesn't fit on this album. And MK really isn't anything special at the end.

Overall ima give it 4/5. That might be a bit generous but I do like some of the songs on here and I've always liked MK alot. But i'm gonna agree with people that say, in all honestly this is a letdown especially after NSD. And there's just something weird about it. The placement of songs, sequencing, annoying interludes, some tracks where MK is only on it for like 30 seconds to a minute. Just doesn't really feel like the quality type of solo album that was NSD, not even enough MK throughout the album IMO. Still gotta say though, a light recommendation for MK/Wu fans.

Leo Angel
07-31-2006, 03:42 AM
I like this song my man Victorious is the shit on it!

Yeah, I know that some cat named Victorious appears on this track (plus some other, unknown to me). Can you provide me some info about him? Is he Wu affiliated or something?

pi-pol
07-31-2006, 07:48 AM
Then and now:
Good beat but very amateurish and energicless performances by those 3 kids,which is normal since they're kids... even though it's a boring track...
2.5/5

E N Y House:
Reused and reworked beat by Doom...It comes nice yet it lacks some energy. Masta's verses stop abruptly, which gives the song a very unfinished feeling and makes it unpleasant to listen, since there's no structure or whatever...
2.5/5
Brooklyn King:
This breakbeat instrumental could have worked with energetic emceeing on it... but Masta comes very boring and the on the chorus, he sounds like he's falling asleep... once again the song structure is absent, verses stopping strangly etc... boring song
2.75/5

It Is What It Is:
First dope song. Simple yet powerful beat (i love those drums) and Rae & Ghost bring some life to the song. Even Masta Killa is awake on this one.
4.5/5

Nehanda & Cream:
First this long, boring, useless and cliché skit... the beat is good,and Killa comes nice on it. The chorus is once again kinda lazy though... not a bad song anyway...
3.5/5

Iron God Chamber:
Beat is kinda good, on some uptempo wu-vibe... kinda irritating after a while but the wu fellows shine on it, especially RZA and Method Man, they bring energy to the mix.
4.5/5

Pass The Bone Remix:
Weak use of the classic Al Green track. I guess they were thinking sampling Hi-Records songs was enough to make a wu banger.
Song sounds once again unfinished, it's not flowing right, chorus is weak... i'm really surprised about the amateurish feel this album got so far... i'm wondering if it's the final product...
2/5

Older Gods pt2:
WTF? this is one of the most boring and irritating track i heard in a long time... first those Popa Wu dialogues are boring jibberish, it sounds like 2 drunk homeless dudes... then this horrible beat... i remember Madlib used that sample 100000000x better, i think it was on the Madvillain album (i'm not sure... They must have sequenced this song in 30 seconds, it's so poorly done... those short verses, those long stupid dialogues...
0.5/5

let's Get Into Something:
It sounds like an amateurish Ghostface single. The singing is atrocious and way too long, it takes like forever before Masta comes and drop a boring "pretty skintone female" verse... Is this seriously the retail version of this album??
1/5

Street Corner:
Let's forget that this beat is reused... it's actually a very dope wu-song. Dope slow wu beat by Bronze, nothing groundbreaking but that vintage wu sound we love... Deck is perfect on the beat, same with Gza. One of the best tracks on the album, plus it sounds like a real song, not a demo like too many over tracks...
4.5/5

Ringing Bells:
Dope beat by Bronze, Masta's nice on it too. One of the few highlights of the album.
4/5

East Mcs:
First, Masta please, stop trying to sing over the beat, it's horrible. Beat is good, even though it's getting boring after a while... emcees are good on it... good song
3.5/5

Lovely Lady:
It takes once again forever before it starts and then... in fact i don't know a lot about raggae so i can't judge this song... but it feels so much out of place...
no rating.

So i really wonder if it's the final retail, since most of the songs sound like demos, poorly arranged etc... If it's the final version, there's a big big problem... how can they release something so underachieved?

It's miles away from No Said Date (which was a really dope wu release). Deck's Resident Patient shits on this album and it's just a mixtape... I though Bronze album was boring, but it almost sounds like a Busta Rhymes album compared to Made In Broolyn...
3/5

RAMESH
08-01-2006, 02:23 PM
he has 6 true solo tracks on here, not counting the two weird songs with all the singing. thats about what he had on NSD, the posse cuts are fantastic. couple people dislike it then it snowballs, its a solid 7.5-8/10 album. couple classic cuts on here, its a letdown compared to NSD yes but its a solid followup. better than Deck and Uey's 2nd albums thats for damn sure the movement is a classic album most people i know like it more than uncontrolled substance, i couldn't say they are both good inspectah deck is a great mc i havn't heard his new mixtape yet but i already know it's going to be good.

PLO-Stylez
08-01-2006, 10:33 PM
i really think the album would just be so much better if a few things were changed like MK having an upbeat point in Brooklyn King would be nice it gets boring but still is a descent song i like it for what it is. Then drop Lovely Lady and Lets Get into Something they both seem out of place. And a little less singing. Thats the only critique i can give it.

Other wise the rest of the album is banging i like the kung fu intros and the beats really fit MK's style. Every song other than the ones i mentioned is great even U-God spits a great verse longer 15 sec so u know every thing is going right. Its a solid second album and isnt as bad as some ppl say it is. He set a high bar with No Said Date but he IMO almost cleared it.

But we cant really give the album a good review since we dont even have the finished album. For all we know what we have heard might not even be the full album.

PLO-Stylez
08-01-2006, 10:35 PM
my lil local record store always get shit early and there was mad young heads in there scoopin' up masta killa's joint. lil 12 year old kid coppin' 2 copies of made in brooklyn. you gotta love that shit.

Start'em young just like smokes

4TRS
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Album has its moments. Not up there with NSD but still shits on 90% of crap comin out these days.

tancen
08-02-2006, 06:50 AM
i thought premo would produce a track or two??

restless_438
08-02-2006, 07:47 AM
yeah, early listening, but from looking at simply page 1, the albums much better than posts would suggest there.. early, my fav. beat's gotta be 'ringing bells'.. Bronze really came with it..

pi-pol.. i gotta say reading your review, i think you being way to hard on many songs.. pass the bone remix especially

1. Then & Now - 4/5: very dope beat, one of the best on this album, but wasted for some Wu kids...

lol, Leo i was thinking alot the same thing, hopefully they can make a remix with the beat cause it's too solid not to use..

i am hoping that there will be reason for a "Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn retail" thread though when it's released

itstheriddler
08-03-2006, 07:58 AM
yo this shit is fire....Big ups to Masta KILLa

poop one
08-03-2006, 04:53 PM
this disk is hot. not pure fire/classic/whatev, but its straight as hell for sure

Cm0ney
08-03-2006, 06:58 PM
i havent heard much of the album, but iron god chamber is the best wu track in a long time. meth and MK destroy that song!

Poetic Wun
08-03-2006, 10:46 PM
the album was what i expected, average. the sophmore slump, but it's still a good record. nothing horrible save Lovely Lady. Other than that i bang out to it but it's No Said Date.

TwistedNickels
08-04-2006, 06:08 AM
over all i like it

Paddah
08-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Older Gods pt2:
WTF? this is one of the most boring and irritating track i heard in a long time... first those Popa Wu dialogues are boring jibberish, it sounds like 2 drunk homeless dudes... then this horrible beat... i remember Madlib used that sample 100000000x better, i think it was on the Madvillain album (i'm not sure... They must have sequenced this song in 30 seconds, it's so poorly done... those short verses, those long stupid dialogues...
0.5/5

It's miles away from No Said Date (which was a really dope wu release). Deck's Resident Patient shits on this album and it's just a mixtape... I though Bronze album was boring, but it almost sounds like a Busta Rhymes album compared to Made In Broolyn...
3/5

hmmm ... hard post....dayum i will heard "Older Gods pt2" ...the sample must be genuinly bad...but the date is with us only the 25.08.2006 :'(

germany u know

ShaolinDarts
08-06-2006, 09:50 AM
the album was what i expected, average.

In all honest thats what I am expecting too. Not heard it yet and would love to be proven wrong but the whole vibe in the follow up to this album was different and tbh its the fast beats that carried NSD along with very strong production and it doesn't sound like that will be there this time around.

THE W
08-06-2006, 11:16 AM
i just snipped through all the tracks on the this album and it sounds good enough for me to go get it. i'll have a better opinion on it when i hear it entirely.

12weLvE
08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
1. Then and Now - 5/5 GZA's Son is the TRUTH all jokes aside. Honestly I look foward to hearing this track everytime I pop the album. One more thing they sound better than just about everybody out there these day.

2. E.N.Y House - 5/5 Fuck that DOOM and Masta (CLASSIC)

3. Brooklyn King - 4/5 Some catchy shit/

4. It's What It Is - 5/5 AMAZING track. These guys are 3 for 3... Glaciers of Ice, D.T.D and now It's What It Is.

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 4.5/5 Sounds just a little out of place, but is nice to hear them together again. (RZA KILLS THIS)

8. Older Gods part. 2 - 4/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - 3.5/5 UMMMM I dont know about this one.

10. Street Corners - 5/5 Classic... Deck's new flow takes time to get used to.

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5

12. East M.C.'s - 5/5 Killa Sin needs to drop a solo album A.S.A.P

13. Lovely Lady - 4/5 I like it.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
1. Then and Now - Beautiful beat, the kind of shit I expect to hear listening to a Wu album, I'm very irritated that they wasted it on the kids, no disrespect, but no ones buying Masta Killa's album to listen to pre-teens. GZA's son sounds good, he already has an authoratative presence on the mic, the other kids...eh. 3/5 (because of the production)

2. E.N.Y House - Another ill beat, sounds like the arrival of a king from another planet or something...don't think this suits Masta's style, he's real drowsy here, and the lyrical construction of the song is mad awkward. 3/5

3. Brooklyn King - I like breakbeats, so this beat is smooth to me, lyrics are whatever, chorus is cheesy but kind of catchy. 3/5 Average, whatever track

4. It's What It Is - Ill beat, but very simple, minimalist production, gets kind of monotonous after awhile, but they all kill it. Reminds me of an 80s cartoon or something 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Stupid intro, should've just made it a skit so I could skip, but this is a lovely beat, good verses, Masta has proven he can suceed with these type of tracks. One of the highlights for me. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Beat is annoying as fuck to me, very amateurish and very repeptitive. Good verses and a high energy feel to me, just hate the generic faux-rza style beat. 3/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - Another smooth beat, Pete Rock flipped the Al Green sample similarly on the beggining of his Surviving Elements album. Kind of pointless to remake this track, but it's pretty good, Masta paying homage to his crew...the singing hook fucks up the whole song for me though. I like soul music and if they had better vocals it may have worked. 3.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Horrible beat, very disappointing from Pete Rock, one of my favorite hiphop producers, this shit is annoying and repetitive. It's a shame because this is one of the best lyrical performances on the album, Masta repping culture on this, but the beat is just annoying and awful. 2/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - Crap singing, decent beat, seems redundant with Nehanda and Cream on the album. Next. 2/5

10. Street Corners - Loved this beat the first time I heard it, very irritating that they reused it, but the song itself is great, one of the best on the album, I just don't like that they reused the beat, including the intro, and Bronze didn't even know about it. First time I've heard Deck flow this awkwardly though. GZA of course has the best verse. 3/5

11. Ringing Bells - Everyone's heard this, good beat (kind of tru master-ish), nice lyrics. One of the better songs, even though it's not even great, this should be a filler track. 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - Good beat, Masta Killa and Sin sound good on this, but the other Mcs are garbage and should've been left on the track. 3/5

13. Lovely Lady - I like reggae so I enjoyed this track, even though it sounds mad out of place on here, but it has a good vibe to it, Masta showing some versatility, he sounds good on these type of tracks, and reggae vocalists compliment his style. 4/5

Very inconsistant, no theme or coherent thread running through the album from either a lyrical or production standpoint, and the quality is also very inconsistant. This is mad disappointing, and seems like a step back from No Said Date. This had somewhat similar ingredients and everything that would seem to make a good album, but nothing gelled. And I still can't believe Pete made that beat for Older Gods, or more importantly, that Masta would pick that beat. This is Soul Brother! I know he had better tracks in his stash than that. It's mind boggling to me. I guess I would give it a 3/5 overall, because it is painfully average.

Overall: Average

famenchuan
08-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Just got this album today and Iam at Iron God Chamber. So far Iam not disappointed at all. It usually takes a few listens to get into it but so far Iam loving it. When I finish the album I update my review. Oh yeah Nehanda & Cream is sick.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-08-2006, 12:14 PM
for the people who heard both the advance and the retail, is there any difference with the retail album? (beats changed, songs restructured, verse/chrouses added/removed, etc)

Kong
08-08-2006, 12:21 PM
decent album nothing special like no said date though, i think i expected to much after that.

UNCLE RUCKUS
08-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I know that some cat named Victorious appears on this track (plus some other, unknown to me). Can you provide me some info about him? Is he Wu affiliated or something?

Yeah;
Victorious Born in Brooklyn East NewYork.NY Influenced by his Father who was in a singing group and also gave Lilo Thomas singing Lesson in his Home .He watch his Father and listen to him play lots of music Oldie But goodies,R&B etc. He Learn to love all types of music it wasn,t to his father introduce him to Dj Jasey Jase which was his first Dj he learn the craft of mceeing and Djaying running around doing shows he picked up fast.Victorious was then introduced to True Master who produce several tracks for the Wu tang True Master Heard a couple of bars and right away took him on as a artist for his Persia Legacy imprint.Victorious started to record right away he also brought a few mc,s along with him Kippy aka Berzerk,Wise Ruler,Knowledge B-Born and thats when they form the group I.C.U Ill cipher Unit. As time went on the group started to brake apart starting with kippy do to religous reasons Wise Ruler,KB-Born continued recording with True Master.After several songs being shop deals turn down the grind got harder and life in general everyone drifted off.Victorious continued to record his solo career with True Master he also dabbled into production he produced a promo for Hot97 which featured Thirstin Howl The 111, Thirstin then use the track for a song called my freestlye. After sometime victorious got caught up in the street life, he then took some time out to get focus.Now back better then ever with a knew insight on life and music He formed Grown Man Music Teamed up with Whyz Ruler who produces Tracks for him and is Managed by Shock Holladay of Harsh Reality

from his myspace

Paddah
08-08-2006, 01:44 PM
1. Then and Now - 5/5 GZA's Son is the TRUTH all jokes aside. Honestly I look foward to hearing this track everytime I pop the album. One more thing they sound better than just about everybody out there these day.

4. It's What It Is - 5/5 AMAZING track. These guys are 3 for 3... Glaciers of Ice, D.T.D and now It's What It Is.

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 4.5/5 Sounds just a little out of place, but is nice to hear them together again. (RZA KILLS THIS)

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5

WOW.....a lot of 5 pointz, man :cheerlie:

Kriszy Substance
08-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Just got the album this morning...only 3 copies there, how sad, but I guess Fairbanks, Alaska is no hip hop mecca. Anyway, I will put up a full review in the next day or so but I gotta say that starting the album off with the kids was not a good idea. I think it is cool that they are obviously proud of the kids but I just dont feel it. I was loving getting to hear Masta's voice though and I am pissed that I have to be here at work instead of driving around in my car listening to the rest of the album. The inside graphic where the CD lays is pretty cool though. Review to come asap. It will be hard for him to beat NSD though I think. Much love and thanks to Masta Killa for dropping another album.

Iron Man
08-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Then and Now: A real 5/5 beat to bad they gave it to the young ones this beat should have used by Masta, Rae and Ghost they flow good together.

E.N.Y House: 4/5: Slow paced song suits Masta's style.

Brooklyn King: 3/5 Two slow paced songs with the latter having a real lazy hook is a little to much for me.

It is What It Is: 4.5/5 Love the beat, love the verses def. one of the best songs on the album. Like i said earlier MK, Rae and Ghost compensate each other nice.

Nahanda And Cream: 3.5/5 Skit is way to long but the it explains the track i like it Masta again uses his laidback flow and his verse concerns the lady's in the skit.

Iron God Chamber: 4.8/5 The official MiB track i listened to twice in a row, love the beat. U-God still got the mad skill same goes for RZA and Meth. Masta comes real nice he brings energy and heat in his verse. Very nicely done.

Pass the Bone Remix: 3.5/5 I like it nothing special though. The beat is nice, the sample is used nicely plus Masta's flow really suits the very slow like beat, the sung hook also contributes to the song.

Older Gods pt. 2: 2/5 Come on Pete what is this garbage? The beat can be really nice if the loop wasn't so lou and if he didn't forget to add the damn sample that he problably had on his mind. Masta is talking not rapping. And Poppa Wu should get his 20 seconds at the end of an track not during a track. It's terrible doesn't deserve its name.

Lets get into Something: 3.3/5 The first half of the track is sung by someone i don;t know, i like it! that boy can sing but is should only be a hook not be half the track. Masta's sounds incredible on this beat, its like they're one he rides it perfectly.

Street Corners: 3.5/5 Deck's voice changed again! But for the better i like his flow and how he rides the slow beat Deck energy isn't so big on this track but thats because its a lazy track so obviously Masta and especially GZA sounds great on it but same goes for Deck.

Ringing Bells: 3.5/5 Another slow Masta track but the beat makes it sound very different than other slow Masta tracks on this album. I like it. GZA should have also been on this track.

Easy MC's: 3.6/5 Masta shouldn't sing but he rides the beat yet again like a champion i'm going to admit Masta's flow is getting boring so far in the album but you get very refreshing verses spit by X and Y thats uptempo and is very nice how they ride the beat to although they do it very differenyly than Masta.

Lovely Lady: 1.5/5 Its shit, this isn;t Masta;s thing but a nice way to end the album with the reggae hook.

At the end i gave the album an 3.4/5 or 6.8/10. In my opinion it doesn;t quite deserve a seven the the tracks that i like doesn't get it the banger/classic certification i was expecting but its a above average banger...the only way i can say it. i'm definetly going to be listening to this album more often!

There that was my review, my first one. So tell me what y'all thought about it.

Da Dishonourable Don
08-08-2006, 03:49 PM
don't like 5 or 6 tracks on this one but Masta Killa still flows water on the tracks!

One and Only
08-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Man this is a fucking banger. Why people hating on Let's Get Into Something. Shits a hot ass song. Every song is BANGING SON. The last track doesn't seem to fit all that much but whatever still hot.

PLO-Stylez
08-08-2006, 08:38 PM
WHen i rate a 5/5 is triumph or Chess Boxin type tracks
When its a 1/5 its straight R&B rap and bull shit

Then and Now- a nice track with the younger guys on it really come strong and almost outshine Masta 3.5/5

E.N.Y House-only criticizm i got is its short other wise its bangin 4/5

Brooklyn King- i really like the laid back feel it fits masta but this song would be a 5 if the hook was a little more upbeat and again this track is a lil short had me sayin i want to hear more - 3.5/5

It is What it Is- another banger with the kung fu intro that gives an old Wu feel 4/5

Nehanda and Cream- the intro should be a seperate track other wise a banger
4/5

Iron God Chamber- Classic even U-God rips it and Meth was straight amazing on it 5/5

Pass the Bone Remix- i like it the beat is perfect for masta's style the singing in the middle "we dont front we run things...." sounds a lil R&B it held it back other wise Masta comes strong 3.5/5

Older Godz Part 2- the beat is a hate it or love it and i really hate it but masta does bring the other half of the song on the mic pretty strong so 2.5/5

Let's Get into Somthing-R & fuckin B this is the only really wack track on this album 1/5

Street Corner- love this song i dont know why but everything comes together great on this track 4/5

Ringing Bells- Very nice Bronze beat 4.5/5

East Mc's- Stop the singing in the begining and we have a classic that is the only bad part in this song 4.5/5

Lovely Lady- the song is Reggae dont like it the song is really out of place compared to everything else 2/5

1 out of place Reggae track 1 wack track and 1 weak track on a 13 track album not bad but he didnt have much room for error cuz of so few tracks in total but its a banger i like it No Said Date was better but this is a decent follow up

THE W
08-08-2006, 08:46 PM
this album is the opitome of average. half of it is good, half of it is crap.

A-VER-AGE

i'll give my little comments on this:

then and now
nahanda and cream
lets get into something
older gods 2
lovely lady

left these off my Ipod.

the whole novelty off letting your kids have a song to themselves wore out after the future.

theres 3 love tracks on this album and all 3 bombed out. leave them off next time MK, or just have one.

besides the crappy beat, those guys talking though most of the song and masta killa spitting a recycled verse older gods 2 was great.....NOT.

i will say other then these tracks the beatmaking stiffs did a good job. masta killa just made some bad song choices.

as someone mentioned this album sounds more like a mixtape.

Razorsharp
08-08-2006, 08:59 PM
i barely got the album in the mail... it is pretty good, i will listen more in depth later.... peace everyone

-1-

BIGRICK
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Y'all think what ya want to think about the album, I really think that this is a good lp. Masta killa since we known him, have always keep it WU. With the low-key production, Killa keeps reminding us what Wu Tang really is, Hip Hop Kings!!. Don't get it twisted, Im not dickriding, just keeping real. I mean, Killa to me is probably the only one or few from the generals that tries to keep the family together. To me, I rather hear a wu album that has most of the generals on it than just a few. Killa said it himself in an interview, all of the classic solo lp's from the generals (cuban linx, liquid swords, etc...) included work from the wu brothers. thats what makes them truly wu albums not just rae's or gza's (even though their individually titled). Like Killa says, "it's what it is" !!!

By the way, I love how uey refers himself to "oscar the grouch" in iron god chamber. I guess he realized how much he was hurting himself by blaming other people for his situation. Or just read enough of the comments we all had to say about him and wanted to make light of the situation.

famenchuan
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Fucking sick album. A solid 8.5 (5 being average) The only track that brings it down is Older Godz which they should of shortened it and made it a skit. Lets get into something is not bad either, if you dont like singing than you probably wont like it but the guy singing is actually really good. I like the last track too but I like reggae. The album is crazy. I have the brookly king song in my head all day.

senno52
08-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Im not going to go about rating the songs or even the album, enough of that has been done, go buy the album...then read this.....

got it...blaze it.....heard it..blaze it...play that back.....good....

I will say this is a fire dope album, I might like this better than NSD, gotta listen to that again after this...

BUT what i think would have made this album damn near inspectibly perfect would have been a nice kung fu movie sample to open it up (especially considering the children of wu opening track)...but thats all for now folks...

ps...im not one to chat a lot but some might b interested to know i will b going to china for a year at the end of the month to teach english in Hangzou, somewhat close to Shanghi...any one from china let me know true wu...ill probably post this some where else later where it will get more reads...

And i definately plan to visit wu dang shan, maybe never return....just wish, jump, and float away....ahhhhhhhh
peace

and a more infor in the insert...but im not gonna bitch... i appreciate the minimalism,,, plus the art is sizzzlick

oh yeah and i almost forgot... THE IRON U GOD SET ALL YOU ASS HAIR EATING BITCHES STRAIGHT

PDTantisocial
08-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Just dropped a long review on it on epinions.

tical2000
08-09-2006, 12:56 PM
sounds dope....maybe not as good as NO SAID DATE, but solid none the less.....as other WU TANG members like GHOST are evolving there sound, MASTA KILLA truly holds onto the classic WU TANG SOUND, which is kinda nice.....I give this album a solid 3.5/5 where I gave NO SAID DATE 4/5

ShaolinDarts
08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I have had this album three days now and am very pleased for Masta Killa. The album is not as good as NSD but is still a very solid effort. Its a bit disappointing that the album feels like MK is hardly on it but then again thats no bad thing for me personally as I like the album. MK seems to have gone down the 'partying and girls' route slightly more. A lot of the album also seems stripped down beatwise which is different to NSD.

It could have been better but I personally feel that the album as a whole is better than its individual parts. Glad I didn't d/l as I probably would have felt how alot of the people earlier in this thread did. My main criticism of this (and to a certain extent NSD) is that MK doesn't come hard like the 36 chambers shit that he is so very good at. I really hope that MK in the future goes back to full in house production.

All in all well worth my dough and will be getting plenty of spins. My rating - 7/10

12weLvE
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Original Review

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5

OKAY: After a dozen more listens I can say i had a change of heart.

1. Then and Now - 5/5 GZA's Son is the TRUTH all jokes aside. Honestly I look foward to hearing this track everytime I pop the album. One more thing they sound better than just about everybody out there these day. (I wont change the rating, I love this tack I dont care what anybody says).

2. E.N.Y House - 5/5 Fuck that DOOM and Masta (CLASSIC) MY FAVORITE TRACK.

3. Brooklyn King - 4/5 Some catchy shit

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5 (I dont like the Dre immitation skit before the song).

6. Iron God Chamber - 5/5 Sounds just a little out of place, but is nice to hear them together again. (RZA KILLS THIS)

8. Older Gods part. 2 - 2.5/5 (originally a 4, but shit... now this track annoys the shit out of me.

9. Let's Get Into Something - 3.5/5

10. Street Corners - 5/5 Classic verse by Deck.

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5

12. East M.C.'s - 4/5 (From a 5 to 4) is aight I guess.

13. Lovely Lady - 3/5

B.O.N.E.
08-09-2006, 10:36 PM
I was dissapointed with it. Its not a bad album, but I expected so much more from Masta...

Overall, I'd rate the album 5/10.

23-18
08-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Masta KIlla came off proper.The album is all around tight and is a breath of fresh air 4 listeners.Especialy during these times of artificial rappers using ignorant shit hop to sell us dreams.Bangn Iron God Chamber all fkn Day.RZA dropps that real sht!meths flow is rediculous! The God U came off and got sht off his chest and MASTA closed it out solidly.BANGBANG.1

famenchuan
08-10-2006, 10:11 PM
What y'all think of Nehanda & Cream. That shit is fucking sick. I cant stop listening to it.

Gimme some feedback.

THE W
08-10-2006, 10:17 PM
^^the song didnt make my ipod

deadlymelody
08-11-2006, 01:17 AM
^
You didnt like Nehanda & Cream Wade? Damn it seems our musical tastes are so similar that we would both agree that that track is nice.

Im putting my review up tomorrow sometime.

Dough Snatcher
08-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Im lovin that "Its what it is" track...

BronzearmzNYC
08-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Nehanda & Cream, is the butters and so is the last track. Im from the 5 Boroughs, so I wouldnt expect alot of y'all to understand why he would have a Reggae track. Well just read the title of the album, "Made In Brooklyn", there are toooooons of Jamaicans in Brooklyn and ALL types of West Indians that reside in Brooklyn. So this This is a solid album by Masta Killa. Maybe those that dont understand why the last track was on the album/cd need to go take a visit to BK so you can get a taste of what BK and the 4 other boroughs are about.

Marc051
08-12-2006, 06:55 AM
bottom line- there's 2 real shiners - Iron God Chamber and It Is What it IS

2 really horrible r&B songs that you'll always skip ( It didn't work on NSD either)

nothing else really stands out in between

worth the $12 - $15?

No.

Jeru
08-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Funny thing is, people were like it's the ripped version, wait for the retail it'll be better lol and it's the same shit.

shaolin_danger
08-12-2006, 08:22 PM
The album is a Banger! Thanx Masta Killa good work:thumbup: . And yes i'm a "Wu-Tang Dickrider" aka a True Fan wit a dick not a pussy-ass bitch thats what alot of ya'll sound like, and 4 ya'll :point: Kids cuz thats what half of ya'll r kids under 21 on this site, sound like lil bitches winy'n :'( bout this and that. ya'll better check ya pants might have pussy down there, all this complaining shut up! :loser: and quit the downloading, wait 4 it 2 release and buy the real thing @ a store.

Peace:b

Marc051
08-12-2006, 10:00 PM
. ya'll better check ya pants might have pussy down there! :loser: Peace:b

lol I've been listening to Wu for a long time and I'm tired of spending $15 - $20 on their shit when I only get 3 songs that have any replay value. That's why I won't buy this album.

deadlymelody
08-13-2006, 01:40 AM
It took 10 years and no said date to drop "No Said Date." With 10 years to release an album, you would only expect sharp results. Masta Killa's longly overdue album was met with high expections amongst the Wu-Tang Clan diehards, and was received with high acclaim. That album made people say "Masta Killa can hold his own."
Fast forward 2 years later, and Jamel Arief introduces us to "Made In Brooklyn." And literally so. Made In Brooklyn features many Brooklyn artists and producers, all from the underground circuit. "Then and Now," is something unheard of. A Masta Killa album starting off with the generals' kids grabbing the mic. To take it for what it is, the song is a solid display of MC'ing. A weird feeling comes over you knowing that you're nodding you head to adolescents. E.N.Y. House maintains an old Wu-Tang formula, heavy hitting horns, and, well, heavy hitting horns. Metal Fingers Doom provides a ear teasing beat with Masta Killa flowing deceptively swift. MF has has filtrated out more as of late, and the Wu have given him a call. Brooklyn King is taking it back with simple, quick drums and an in and out bassline. Quickly and elusively, Jamel Ari maintains his original rhymestyle while remaing on beat. It Is What It Is takes over the formula "D.T.D," had from No Said Date. Killa, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah take over this track over blaring horns and hard bass. As MC's, you can only sense progression has been made with these 3 members together. Smooth jazzy rhythms accompany "Nehanda and Cream," as Masta Killa kicks a lazy hook with seductive verses. A very beach mood is attained on this record with outstanding acuity. Iron God Chamber is a dance-type beat with up tempo, head nodding wordplay. U-God, RZA, Method Man and Masta team up, spitting darts without sight of a hook. Older Gods Pt. 2 preaches knowledge from Masta Killa with a trademark Pete Rock loop. This track tones the album back down, causing rollercoaster type effects. Pass the Bone (Remix) kicks a running-speed fast drum loop with violin and voice sampling. Masta Killa pays homage to the original "Words From The Genius," Pass the Bone track with braggadocious tales of womanizing. Let's Get Into something attempts this same goal, though with a switched up tempo and rhythm and a more cool, calm, and collected Noodles. Ringing Bells is a phenomenal track produced by the up and already here composer Bronze Nazareth, delivering a banger with a well thought of sample to give the track some acuteness and thought. MK's tone is also elevated, purveying his message in a way that is nothing short of greatly replayable. Street Corner follows the path that the clan's "Forever" album had. Ihey wanted to deliver great lyrics and good messages. Both were painted smoothly on this lyrical piece of art as Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa, and GZA all deliver memorable performances over another well done Bronze Nazareth beat. ely Lady bring forth an experimental phase as Masta Killa brings his love of Raggae music to fruition. In a brave manner, the album ends in peculiar, non-typical Masta Killa fashion.
Made In Brooklyn shows us different flavors perhaps a lot of fans of Masta Killa thought he didn't have. By respecting the No Said Date formula while showing new styles of himself, Made In Brooklyn begins the latter part of 2006 with a formidable result. And what fan of hip hop wouldn't be enticed by a lineup of born-again hungry Wu-Tang Clan members?

Then And Now-4/5 Good for what it is. Questionable intro to an album.
E.N.Y. House-5/5 A banger for sure. Doom blessed us.
Brooklyn King-3/5 A good track but the beat becomes too simplistic
It Is What It Is-2/5 Great MC's cannot redeem this amateur beat
Nehanda And Cream-5/5 Nice beat with good flow from MK
Iron God Chamber-5/5 Best Wu cut of 06. Wow RZA.
Pass the Bone RMX-5/5 Smooth beat but even better MK performance
Older Gods Part 2-2/5 Not as bad as some have said. Still skippable.
Let's Get Into Something-1/5 He didn't need to do this. Filler.
Ringing Bells-5/5 Best solo track behind Underwater and Good Morning.
Street Corner-5/5 Wonderful to know that these guys still have greatness
East MC's-4/5 Forgot to review but nice MC'ing. Good enough beat.
Lovely Lady-2.5/5 Average track though i'm glad he experimented

Overall 7.5/10. I think it's a pretty solid effort, fellas.

the silencer
08-13-2006, 01:09 PM
finally copped this....couldnt find it in best buy or circuit city....fye came thru for me..

i had the ripped version and i honestly wasnt feelin it that much....totally average IMO....

for some reason i coodnt resist coppin the album and i went i started pumpin it in my car i was lovin it. It is What it is was DOPE i thought...theres a pretty wide variety of opinion about this album so far and especially about particular songs..

i think this album is at the very best a "banger"....theres some horrible tracks like Lets get into something and Lovely Lady that just dont belong on a MAsta Killa Wu album i dont think....

but i love Nehanda and Cream, Pass the Bone remix i thought had a real smooth beat, Ringin Bells is awesome of course, Iron God Chamber was pretty tight but i wasnt feeelin that toy pop-gun beat...

i wood give it like a 3.5/5 i guess...

GodFather
08-13-2006, 01:28 PM
nice work killa--wu banga for sure with the exception of the 2 singin songs--and i dislike east mc just cause i hate when wu raps with non wu people--i voted banga--this album hasnt left my cd player yet--wuforever

the silencer
08-13-2006, 03:23 PM
nice work killa--wu banga for sure with the exception of the 2 singin songs--and i dislike east mc just cause i hate when wu raps with non wu people--i voted banga--this album hasnt left my cd player yet--wuforever
wuts with the hatred for east mc's?? Free Murder is considered Wu fam (Popa Wu's son i think) and Killa Sin rips that song...

wut u talkin about?

mashqauck
08-13-2006, 04:50 PM
I liked it and listened to it like 4 times when I bought it. I voted banger. Fuck whoever said wack because this was far from wack

baby jesus
08-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm Pretty Suprised Not A Lot Of People Are Feeling This Album. After Going To Like 4 Stores I Finally Found It I Wouldnt Stop Till I Got It The First Day (One Store Said It Was Coming In The Next Day). It's Gotta Be Atleast A 7 I Think More Like 7.5 Or 8 It's Solid. Street Corners, It Is What It Is, Nehanda And Cream, E.N.Y House, Ringing Bells, Pass The Bone Rmx, And Iron God Chamber (Almost Ruined By Rza) Are All Bangers. Then And Now I Count More As A Skit. East Mc's And Brooklyn King Are Decent. Not Really A Bad Album At All.

Marc051
08-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Fuck you guys, now i'mma cop this album

McTom
08-14-2006, 04:43 AM
can someone explain to me why masta' official site (www.mastakilla.net) doesn't even mention his own new album??

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Pitchfork magazine gave this a good review also. Glad to see it's getting good reviews although I'm not really feeling it.

Masta Killa
Made In Brooklyn
[Nature Sounds; 2006]
Rating: 7.2

In the kung-fu sampling intro to Masta Killa's blaring Wu throwback "It Is What It Is", a resourceful fighter is asked to combat "very powerful" guns with his own lo-tech weaponry; "My darts can beat a pistol?" he asks. While the Wu-Tang Clan ready another reunion tour, many members seem to feel out of place in 2006's hip-hop landscape, as if they're unsure if their style can compete with the modern 50s and Jeezys of the Rap Machine. There's no better evidence of this phenomenon than Pitchfork contributor Tom Breihan's fascinating Method Man interview (http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/statusainthood/archives/2006/07/status_aint_hoo_11.php) for The Village Voice in which the MC speaks about the corroding influence of the music industry on the WTC, "They just take the flavor out of shit after a while. But people just get used to you or tired of you. I hate to say it." With patience and skill, the Wu's own "quiet one," Masta Killa, has managed to evade the commercial trappings that have tainted so many of his brethren. After sticking with an in-house, classic-Wu style with his years-in-the-making 2004 debut, No Said Date, he comes back relatively quickly with another reliable nostalgia trip with Made In Brooklyn.
The 37-year-old rapper's entrenched style-- an amalgam of GZA and RZA's off-kilter philosophizing, Meth's blunted-lothario charm and U God's laconic punches-- makes it seem like he's never heard a non-Wu track in his life. Which, of course, is not necessarily a bad thing. And it makes sense considering Masta Killa didn't even start rhyming until he joined the Clan as their final official member in the early 1990s. With a flow diametrically opposed to that other Killah's emotional thralls, he's a steadfast rock whose lack of dynamics prohibits him from royally fucking up; it also eliminates his chances of producing a true Wu pillar.
Considering his limited range as an MC, Masta Killa's beats become extremely crucial. Simply put, the quicker the BPM, the more nimble his flow. And though RZA sits out yet another Wu venture on the production side, contemporaries like MF Doom and Pete Rock along with a slew of young disciples dutifully fill in. "Brooklyn King" has him coolly blowing localisms over old-school NYC minimalism-- just a jazzy drum track and a quick bass run. The faster-is-better maxim also holds up on the horn-funked Rae and Ghost showcase "It Is What It Is"-- the most electric out-and-out banger-- and the sweet-smelling "Pass the Bone (Remix)," a 9th Wonder-style Al Green soul cut from Brooklyn producer Jig Sor. Also helping his cause are RZA and especially Method Man, who show remarkably vital signs of life on the stutter step horn pop of "Iron God Chamber". With its wealth of stellar collaborations, Brooklyn bodes well for the next full-fledged Wu LP, should it ever come to pass.
The album falters, though, when it breaks from the Clan's formula (the canned r&b of "Let's Get Into Something", the jolting, out of place reggae closer "Lovely Lady") or lags (the plodding, Doom produced "E.N.Y. House", the limp loverman track "Nehanda and Cream", which utilizes the same Gladys Knight sample Kanye used to brilliant effect on Scarface's "In Cold Blood", with lesser returns). Still, Masta Killa's slow-but-steady cadence lingers lovingly on the clipped ballad "Street Corner", featuring Inspectah Deck and GZA spitting raw, unflinching pain over mournful strings.

Truth be told, nobody in the WTC really fits into the trends and fads of today. The group's no-frills aesthetic defines their legend but it also prohibits their progress. But the Clan's consistency-- once again proven by this solid effort from their least recognizable contributor-- is utterly staggering. Countless rap crews from G-Unit to D12 to Dipset have tried to copy the Wu model only to peter out artistically by the time the third or fourth member drops his solo long player. So, until 40 Cal releases an album as effortlessly listenable as Made In Brooklyn, the Wu's domination as a collective is secure.

-Ryan Dombal (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/staff), August 10, 2006

ill0gic
08-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Average album IMO. 7.5/10, NSD > this

mashqauck
08-15-2006, 04:17 AM
can someone explain to me why masta' official site (www.mastakilla.net (http://www.mastakilla.net)) doesn't even mention his own new album??

He is so ill that he doesn't need that exposure..

famenchuan
08-15-2006, 08:44 AM
After a week I finally going to take a break form it. I must of listened to it 30 times since I got it.
Songs that I was not feeing that I like now.
Lovely Lady- I was really getting into this track even though it reggae.
Lets get into something- The guy sings really good. I dont skip this one now.

Older Godz- Sorry the beat is still horrible. Always skip it.

The rest of the album I loved from the begginning.

4-Bar Killer
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Then And Now - This song is aight, great beat, and it's a pretty good idea as they also was on his last album.. And the kids definitely got skills. Fine intro, not a song that you're listening to that much, but then again, intros isn't what I usually listens too. 6.5/10

E.N.Y. House - Oh shit. Best beat on the album! Reaaally great rapping and easily one of the 3 best songs on the album. 8.5/10

Brooklyn King - The beat is a bit upbeat, but it's great. Another great song. Don't like the chorus that much, but beat and rapping is definitely on point. 8/10

It Is What It Is - Good to hear kung fu-samples again. Banging beat, and Ghost is back to his own self. He actually sounds raw on this album. He haven't sounded raw since.. Bulletproof Wallets or something?? Raekwon is on point, and so is Raekwon. Great song, the bit is a bit repitive, but all in all a great song. 8/10

Nehanda And Cream - The beat is hmm... ok.. the rapping is fine, but it's not really a song that I would put on. But an ok song. 6/10

Iron God Chamber - Great, but VERY repitive beat. Great verses by all of them, especially Meth. As a Uey fan I'm glad to see him back in action since Mr. X. He was ill on Think Differently, ill on Fishscale, and ill on this album. Uey is definitely back on track. One of the best songs on the album. 8/10

Pass the Bone RMX - I like the beat very much. Great up-tempo. As the name says this is more like a rmx off the old gza-classic. A pretty good song. 7.5/10

Older Gods Part 2 - I don't like this beat. What happened, Pete?? Masta is definitely on point as always, and is able to save this song. The talking is pretty annoying, and I would only put this song on because of Masta. 6.5/10

Let's Get Into Something - This was a big suprise. Most of us was surprised when we saw Uey's Bump, but who would expect MK to make a song like this? Ok, it's not like this song is completely un-listenable, but it's pretty bad. 5/10

Street Corner - Ooooh. I know this beat is re-used. But please put that aside when listening to this song. This is one of the best new songs I have heard in a long time. The amazing beat, and the amazing lyrics - especially from Deck is just crazy. Really, really good song, best on the album. 9/10

Ringing Bells - This was the first song from the album I heard, and it made me believe that MK would again deliver a great album. This song is really good. Great beat, great rapping, and great samples. 8/10

East MC's - Oh why, oh why did we have to have FreeMurda on this song. Well, put him aside, and this song is a banger. Masta Killa killed it, but Sin stole the show. So good to see Sin back with killa lyrics, and he flows the beat perfectly. Would have got 8.5 if it didn't have FreeMurda. 8/10

Lovely Lady - Ok. The last song. Looong intro. But when the beat finally dropped. What a beat. I love reaggae and these kind of beats. But then the singing comes. Damn, they ruined the beat. This instrumental would have been so ill. Masta isn't that ill on it too. This would have got 9/10 if it was only 2 minutes and was a instrumental. 6/10.

Overall: 7,3~7.5. It might seem low, but when looking on albums as The Low End Theory, It Takes A Million To Hold Us Back, 36 Chambers etc. and compare them to this I think it's a fair rating. This is one of the best albums I've heard in a while, and it's looking really good for Wu. Uey is back on track, Killa Sin still got fire, Ins' voice is back after the shock on 9 Milli. Bros, and all in all, everything is looking good. This album have some really, really great songs, but also have some not-that-good songs. So I think 7.5 is fair.

Best 5 songs:

ENY House
It Is What It Is
Iron God Chamber
Street Corner
Ringing Bells

THE W
08-15-2006, 03:45 PM
question...

is killa sin the third or last guy on East Mc's?

4-Bar Killer
08-15-2006, 04:03 PM
the last guy sounds extremely much like him.

12weLvE
08-15-2006, 08:31 PM
I am still listining to Made In Brooklyn until MEF's album comes out. I know the thread is to review the album, but all I want to do is stress how bad "Older Gods Part 2" is. Why make it part 2 of a classic track GZA,Rae and Ghost. WOW I hate that track. 0/5

THE W
08-15-2006, 08:45 PM
this is a thread for your reviews and comments on the album so you're good.

and yeah i dont like older gods either. the first time i listened to it i kinda liked it. then i listened to it a second time and was like "this sucks".

famenchuan
08-15-2006, 09:49 PM
I getting great replay value out of this.

23-18
08-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Peace,This album is a banger,see,u have to remember that masta killa is not just an artist,he's the God.So in making an album he's not just gonna give listners songs to bang their heads to(wich he does)he's also gonna give u songs thats gonna bang u in ur head.Older Gods is a message,to remember how it supposed to be.Back in the days if u didnt know ur lessons u couldnt come outside!!!4 real!!!!nowadays any1 sayn anything can just run around outside and pop all kind of nonsense,thats y hip hop is in shambles now cuz anybody can come out talkn all kind of bullsht and get away with it,without stressn if their gonna get knocked out(corrected)infact they even get listeners to listn to them.In short Masta Killa knows what he's doin,makn sure the people get what they need to grow and not what the untrained ear whants to always hear.>>>>>>>>>>>>1

6what131
08-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Then And Now-8/10, hot beat, masta killa should have dropped a verse, would have made it a possible 10
E.N.Y. House-8/10, nice doom beat, kind of a sloppy song
Brooklyn King-6.5/10, o.k song, lazy ass chourus
It's What It Is-10/10, wu mutha-fuckin tang
Nehanda and Cream-8/10, once you fast forward the skit its a nice track
Iron God Chamber-10/10, wu mutha-fuckin tang!! that a boy u-god!!
Pass The Bone Remix-10/10, a personal classic 4 me. love mastas monotone style over the mellow beat. love the chourus 2
Older Gods Part 2-3/10, what the fuck pete rock? verses are ok but beat an talking were ridiculous
Let's Get Into Something-8.5/10- another song i like that most do not. i love the beat and the dude can sing. would have got a 10 if masta dropped another verse at the begining
Street Corner-10/10, not as good as silver backs but still classic. wu mutha-fuckin tang!!
Ringing Bells-9/10, sharp as a nigga on prom night!
Easy M.C.'s-8/10, nice track
Lovely Lady-3/10-?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

made in brooklyn-7.9/10
minus older gods part 2 and lovley lady-9/10

made in brooklyn for me has alot of reply value. should have axed older gods and lovley lady. not as good as no said date but i love how masta killa keeps that wu-tang sound

King Justice
08-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Iron God Chamber Was one of my favs everybody just killed that shit
Masta Killa "Just Another spine chilla UG, RZA,
Masta K-illa M-E-T-H-O-D Guerilla"

the silencer
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
after listenin to it a bunch of times now its gettin worse and worse for me...

id say its average..

i popped in No Said Date yesterday and was blammin it and then i was lookin thru the production credits and i realize why this album is so much WEAKER than NSD....too much shitty production on this shit...

all the classic Wu albums (and even just the GOOD Wu albums) had the majority of the production done by the Wu elements or Rza....other than a few Bronze Nazareth bangers most of the beats on here are OK at best...i like It is What it is...pretty cool beat but thats about it...

and they get the legend Pete Rock to come on with a track and he provides probably the worst song on the album....damn..

gotta get some True Master, Allah Math, Rza, and where the fuck has 4th Disciple been???

zeppelin2k
08-16-2006, 04:16 PM
some beats are lacking
love songs shouldnt have been on there
so much chorus on some songs
too much filler on some songs
need more flowing from masta
only 13 tracks, which means the 2-3 really shitty tracks take away ALOT from the album
3 tracks are actual classic bangers can be called fire
the rest are average or below

this album is SO far from fire, it'd have to cut 3-4 tracks, edit out the stupid shit like the pointless chorus's, get more wu production and and just masta all over the track

worse than NSD and Fishscale, if you dont have fishscale, DONT BUY THIS SHIT, support ghostface or wait for method man

worth 10 bucks if you have the rest of the albums, yes it is

7/10 only bc it has those bangers which destroy most of the shit out today

pablobaluba
08-17-2006, 02:43 AM
imo this is a very solid album. i like it VERY VERY much and i think it's better than meth's one. i listend to it a few times and is still growing on me. very good beats!!

Konii blaze
08-17-2006, 03:28 AM
question...

is killa sin the third or last guy on East Mc's?

KIlla sin is the last guy
The other is just an imitation

Johnny Dust
08-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Between average and banger.

I love the glorious sounds of ENY House, and It's What It Is and Iron God Chamber are straight up bangers.
Pass The Bone, Street Corner and Ringin Bells are good songs.
But for the rest it's a bit disappointing.

mofo
08-18-2006, 08:45 AM
1. Then And Now-6/10- The kids were dope (Sounded a lil like Meth) but, I don't like it as the intro to the album
2. E.N.Y. House-9/10. Just under Iron God Chamber, Ringin Bells and It is what it is as the best tracks on the album/dope song
3. Brooklyn King-7/10- Aiight track
4. It's What It Is Featuring Raekwon and Ghostface Killah-10/10- Fav joints on the album along side with Iron God Chamber and Ringin bells.
5. Nehanda & Cream-7/10-At first I thought it was a skit but it was a track. It was alright.
6. Iron God Chamber Featuring U-God, RZA and Method Man-9/10-Dope track
7. Pass The Bone (Remix)-8/10
8. Older Gods Part 2-5/10-This track will make you go to sleep, so much damn talking
9. Let’s Get Into Something-9/10- Wierd joint by masta.......But I was feelin it
10. Street Corner Featuring RZA and Inspectah Deck-9/10
11. Ringing Bells-10/10-I was feeling this, one of my favorite joints in the whole album
12. East MC’s Featuring Free Murder and Killa Sin-9/10
13. Lovely Lady- What the fuck? 0/10

I give this album 8/10. Solid album, pretty good apperences and some good production. One of the top 5 albums of the year imo, but it doesn't make the top 3 . Support Masta, he needs to eat. 4,000 sold in the first weeks is trash. Support Masta.

THE W
08-18-2006, 09:24 AM
KIlla sin is the last guy
The other is just an imitation
oh okay, i always thought he was the 3rd guy where in that case he had a subpar verse but if he's the last guy then he did his thing :thumbup:

pablobaluba
08-18-2006, 11:11 AM
man....this album grows and grows on me a lot. it's really dope
very nice beats.!!!
it's better than 4:21 !!!

mofo
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
man....this album grows and grows on me a lot. it's really dope
very nice beats.!!!
it's better than 4:21 !!!
You serious? (Haven't heard meth's album yet).

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
just copped it today and i have to say this is a dope ass album man

tekunique
08-18-2006, 11:13 PM
solid follow up to NSD.

leaguer1
08-19-2006, 01:29 PM
made in brooklyn is another good album for wu in '06.

critism: brooklyn king is a minute and a half too long. older godz II is five minutes too long. east mc's doesn't have replay value that the others do. Let's get into Something is not a hip hop record and is somewhat of an abomination. The album is short and track 13 is really just a long outro.

but everything else is what I expect from a MK album. ENY House, It is What it Is, Ringing Bells; classic. Also points on presentation and getting the whole clan on it.

Made in Brooklyn
8.3 / 10 : RBI Double

deadlymelody
08-19-2006, 02:18 PM
^
Like that little baseball methaphor there ha. Yeah this album isn't a grand slam or a home run for that matter, it's a gapper to left center field.

the silencer
08-19-2006, 03:08 PM
im startin to love It is What It is.....every time that shit comes on with the sample like "we need ur darts", "well they are invincible, they travel at the speed of light".....that shit is CRAZY....i been blastin this song..

i know ppl hate on the beat but i think it goes great with the song...its got like a 70s kung fu flick feel to it i like it....

08-19-2006, 10:26 PM
i like the album but after listenin to No Said Date u realize how that album is so far superior compared to this one...in every aspect.

Made In Brooklyn is average, but no where near wack

rubyspirit
08-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Listened to this while riding my bike this morning. Very, very nice album. I rated it a classic. Couldn't wait to get to work to listen to it again. Its spinning now.

The talking parts before the songs should be separate skits.

Iron Fist
08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Did this album drop 15th or 8th of August ?

I rate it average, though it's only my first listen. I guess it'll grow on me, and it'll probably be a banger to me in some weeks.

Masta Killa3
08-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Did this album drop 15th or 8th of August ?

I rate it average, though it's only my first listen. I guess it'll grow on me, and it'll probably be a banger to me in some weeks.

It dropped on August 8 in the states but for us here in Canada we had to wait until the 15, thats why i ordered it off of sandboxautomatic

Mili
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
This is a very weak album!

No Said Date>>>>>Made in Brooklyn

g_flex
08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
This album is a average good listen couple of good joints....but older gods pt2 is just so fucked up reminds me of ice cream 2..

iron god chamber
brooklyn king
it is whut it is
nehanda n cream
ringing bells
street corner

are d dope shit 4 me

Alcryt
08-24-2006, 06:44 AM
It aint classic but its def a banger imo
enough tracks to keep me going back to this album, i was about to make a list of my fav tracks but i just realised its most the album:lmao:

Cm0ney
08-25-2006, 07:42 PM
picked this up today and wow. im disappointed. a few real good songs, but the rest are below average.

Dirty Knowledge
08-25-2006, 10:57 PM
I fucking agree with C-Money. For all the hype you people put on this album, it really is a letdown. Maaaajor letdown. It's not garbage, but this album is no where near Grandmasters for instance. Peace.

rubyspirit
08-25-2006, 11:42 PM
One listen and you scrap it? You are losing the feel of good hip hop. Stop listening to trash or you will get sucked in by that BS. If you don't like Made In Brooklyn, you don't like hip hop. Masta's is the real deal.

rubyspirit
08-25-2006, 11:52 PM
The album is a Banger! Thanx Masta Killa good work:thumbup: . And yes i'm a "Wu-Tang Dickrider" aka a True Fan wit a dick not a pussy-ass bitch thats what alot of ya'll sound like, and 4 ya'll :point: Kids cuz thats what half of ya'll r kids under 21 on this site, sound like lil bitches winy'n :'( bout this and that. ya'll better check ya pants might have pussy down there, all this complaining shut up! :loser: and quit the downloading, wait 4 it 2 release and buy the real thing @ a store.

Peace:b

I love you. *;

Rame
08-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I voted mediocore, this is the first release to really let me down, he sounds half asleep

The beats and featurings are alright

sakk
08-28-2006, 03:17 PM
No Rza production, is what I dont like about this album.

Otherwise its good, worth buying.
Id buy this over anything that isnt Wu Tang that came out in 06.

Rame
08-29-2006, 04:42 AM
so you think it's great or only listen wu-tang, right?

There were many better releases this year

Prince Equality
08-29-2006, 05:34 AM
WACK WACK WACK!!! Only tracks worth listening to is Ringing Bells and Nehanda and Cream.

Then & Now, Brooklyn King, Older Gods pt. 2, Let's get... & East Mc's are probably some of the worst tracks in the history of Wu.

Lovely Lady IS the worst track in the history of Wu!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-31-2006, 03:16 PM
its under cooked but it has enough decent tracks

J-DON
08-31-2006, 03:58 PM
I bought it today and put 4:21 back on the shelf.

Iron God Chamber, Pass The Bone Remix, Street Corner, Nehanda And Cream = 5/5 joints, which 4:21 has none of. (masta kills doing better ladies tracks than meth wtf?)

and ENY House, Brooklyn King are nice tracks. Easily 3.5's

Marc051
08-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Only real standout track on here is Iron God Chamber but the rest of it is not that impressive

J-DON
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
I dunno what to rate this album.... it kinda throws you off with the singin joint and the reggae joint is just WTF (although a pretty good reggae joint, but why?)

Id give it like a 7.5 overall. Not feelin older gods 2, and Lets get into something would have been alot more effective if it was arranged differently. 2 turds in a row is kind of a big dip on a 13 track joint.

but it has its bangers.

No Said Date was just OK to me so this wasnt really a dissappointment.

Jim Kelly
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Good album, 7/10.

If it wasn't for the intro, last track, horrid Pete Rock beat, and numerous minutes of wasted disc space(dialogue on 'Nehanda & Cream' for instance), it would be great.

DarkeyeZ Da Riddla
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
well, this album isn't wack, but it is a let down...no said date is waaaaay better...
The opening track is supposed to be the strongest track, it opens the album and sets the pace and expectations...and the opening track "Then and Now" is str8 grabage...if your gonna let the kids spit, make it an interlude, or put it near the end of the album, but when I buy a Masta Killa album and put it on, now this may be a surprise to some, but I wanna hear Masta Killa...besides it being a poor opening track, the track isn't very good at all...
the next 2 tracks get better but the album's highlights are the collabo's..."It's What It is", "Iron God Chamber", "Street Corner" and "East M.C's" are str8 fire...VERY nice to hear Killa Sin again, but he sounds different...
but Older Gods Part 2 is a disgrace to its name sake...did he listen to "Older Gods" from Wu-Tang Forever before he recorded this? doesn't sound like it...
And I have no clue why "Let's Get Into Something" and "Lovely Lady" are even on the album, they barely Feature Masta Killa

Universal Assassin
09-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Peace

I really appreciate this album from the god for keeping the Brooklyn side of Wu alive in the absence of ODB, for showing love to the young gods because their time to shine has arrived and for staying true to the grain of Hip Hop.
Peace

staycreepin_n_silence
09-03-2006, 11:58 PM
mediocre at best I think it could have been better I was disappointed. But than again I was disappointed in ghostface last album and it got better. It went from 2 songs I like to 7 and well maybe this album will do the same thing. I'm not impressed and feel that killa could have done better.

You know what I read through this and i see heads that's making it seems like you aren't a real hiphop fan nor a real wutang fan because you aren't feeling this album. I'm a human with my own taste first and I know if some one is feeding me something half cooked. I'm going to be real about this, this album could have been a lot better. If you feel that by being a loyal fan means that you have to be obediant and love everything that they give than you are a fool. If you like it fine, if you don't fine. But respect peoples opinion. Wu tang is on the ropes you have to admit and lately no said date is the only good thing that came from these guys in a long time. Maybe a good verse here and there but for the most part that's the only near classic album. The problem we all got fooled thinking Master killa will keep it wu, he will bring the wu back out of a slump. this album did no harm nor will it be something to talk about 10 years down the road. Let's face it wu tang is doing all they can. I honestly believe that masta put that out because he felt it and wanted the world to have it. That's hiphop, I supported this cat on it, do I regret it nope, but i wish it was more to my liking. And if it was than masta will be just like the rest of the world. its about a 2.5/5 in my opinion but hey that's after one or two rotations. Give me a month i haven't put it down yet.

mowbs
09-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Ultimately disappointing. Masta at his worst. The production is ok, but nothing particularly engaging. Whose idea was it to have a bunch of kids rap on the intro and waste a perfectly good beat like that? Masta shouldn't be as laid back as he is. Is he getting cocky?...I hope not. I like Iron God Chamber and Street Corner a lot.

J-DON
09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I dunno... I kinda like it better than Grandmasters... I can tolerate MK's lazy flow better than GZAs I guess.

Ginnsey
09-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Im gonna get ripped for this but in my opinion..................This album beats NSD hands down. When i bought NSD i was very disapointed. But Made in Brooklyn made me think. WOW this is soo much better. I mean there are a couple that i skip but i skipped alot more on NSD.

2,3,5,10,and 11 are all really good tunes

WU-KILLAH
09-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Then and now - Nice beat, a pity it's been wasted

ENY House - 4/10 Boring

Brooklyn King - 2/10 Wack

It's what it is - 6/10 Above average thanks to Rae and Ghost

Nehanda and Cream - 6/10 OK

Iron God CHamber - 7,5/10 Meth is on fire on this one

Pass the bone rmx - 7/10 Good idea, he completly changed the feeling of the original track but not in a bad way.

Older Gods pt 2 - 0/10 Hard to do worse

Let's get into something - 4/10

Street Corner - 3/10 I had loved Wu meets the indie culture, Im very disappointed he re-used that beat, and actually Salomon Childs and Byata had already killed the shit.

Ringing Bells - 10/10 if only this album could have been as good as that track ... Masta kills it and the beat is sick !

Easy MC's - 4,5/10 once again a boring track

Lovely Lady - 6,5/10 I kinda like when Masta got the reggae style (like in smoke da weed).

Well, I was mad disappointed, I guess Masta Killah spoiled me with his previous shit, that's why Im severe with that album I expected much better.

Funkadelic Funkmasta
09-20-2006, 12:36 PM
^^^^^^^

lmao. this review is ridicilous. i feel sorry for u if that is your actual opinion on the album.

WU-KILLAH
09-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Well I have to admit I exaggerated +)

23-18
09-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Ultimately disappointing. Masta at his worst. The production is ok, but nothing particularly engaging. Whose idea was it to have a bunch of kids rap on the intro and waste a perfectly good beat like that? Masta shouldn't be as laid back as he is. Is he getting cocky?...I hope not. I like Iron God Chamber and Street Corner a lot.

XACTLY!IRON GOD CHAMBER IS BANGN.I ALSO LIKED BROOKLYN KING,STREET CORNER AND EAST M.C'S

NIGHT MAYOR
09-23-2006, 01:25 PM
i just basicly came here to say #6 iron god chamber, straight fire no hooks and great beat, and who says rza aint rhymin well no more. PEACE!
^O^

Alcryt
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Then & Now 4/5 - if this beat had masta killa on it instead it would be a 5
E.N.Y. House 5/5 - love this beat
Brooklyn King 4/5 - like others have said i think this tracks kinda boring
It Is What It Is 5/5
Nehanda & Cream 5/5 - hate the skit at the start
Iron God Chamber 5/5 - banger
Pass The Bone [Remix] 5/5
Older Gods Pt. 2 3.5/5 - would of been nice minus the borrrring talking..
Let's Get Into Something 3/5 Beats alright but MK is hardly on it
Street Corner 5/5 probably me fav song on the album
Ringing Bells 5/5 actually this is prob my fav song...
East MCs 4/5 this is where the album ends for me cause...
Lovely Lady 2/5 ....this song sucks, dont mind a reggae beat but when MK is once again hardly on a track and its full of singing that i aint feelin i just cant listen to it
Though i gave most songs 5 the album as a whole gets a 4/5
Too many lame skits and tracks wasted with other people on them instead of himself imo
Solid album though and im still listening after uh since it came out i forget lol ^O^

Ink Is My Drink
10-05-2006, 10:39 AM
i dont undersrtand how wu fans arnt feeling this album. i really like it just as good as 4:21 in my opinion. just got it yeh im abit late(was never in stores near me then odly my local store had 1 copy all of a sudden)

reasons i love this album:

masta gives the wu kids a chance to shine which is cool. and they was ebtetr than i thought.

all wu on the album apart frm ODB

bronze production. yeh he does it again. nehanda and cream a nice relaxed beat. i love this track

a doom produced track for all the doom fans out there

iron god chamber. youve all heard about this track surely. just belive the hype

pass the bone remix- okay maybe it was abit random to ahve a pass the bone remix but who cares? its a good remix so im not complaing

doing rnb type track better than ghost and meth- lets get into something i reckon is better than back like that and lets ride

street corners i loved this track orignally frm wu meets indie and this is just as good!

things that let the album down:

okay his voice gets abit lazy sometimes but its not a major problem atall

lovely lady...this track i seriously couldnt belive how bad it was. people that say this album is wack obviously are scared by this song haha(im scared too)

the hook in brooklyn king is not too good

the talking at the start of nehanda and cream is anoying cos u always have to fast forward it

older gods part 2 ahhh this track is seriously fuking bad aswell why do a part 2 to such a good track if its gonna be so terrible!

okay the rnb type track is bettr than ghosts and meths rnb type tracks but still its a rnb track

overall was a really good album to me and i dont understand why so many people calling it wack and average. okay its not better than no said date but still its a good album

the insignificant
10-06-2006, 03:36 AM
i'm not sure what to make of this album...

i think if he wants to have a tracks like older gods 2, pass the bone remix, lovely lady and then and now, he has to have more tracks on the album... these aren't gonna be hits with everyone and so, the album has an incompleteness to it... maybe if he had a 13 track album, plus these it wouldn't be so bad...

definite high points though... eny house, street corner and ringing bells stand out to me...

Rebel_INS
10-09-2006, 11:43 PM
1.Then And Now - 4.5/5
2.E.N.Y House - 5/5
3.Brooklyn King - 4.5/5
4.Its What It Is - 5/5
5.Nehanda And Cream - 4.5/5
6.Iron God Chamber - 5/5
7.Pass The Bone Remix - 4/5
8.Older Gods Pt. 2 - 3.5/5
9.Lets Get Into Something - 4.5/5
10.Street Corner - 5/5
11.Ringing Bells - 5/5
12.East MC's - 5/5
13.Lovely Lady - 3.5/5

Masta Killa comes correct lyrically so Im feelin it. I liked most of the production even though I thought some other production could have replaced it.

None the less, dope album.

pak_sharpe
10-10-2006, 10:13 AM
started off sweet but it just baffled me how u can go from no said date to this tripe sorry masta but its sounded tired

Skellington
10-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I gotta get this album, hope it'll be dope

Skellington
10-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Hmmm it's an OK album, def not a banger or classic tho

Averege

Lil' Ruger
10-29-2006, 03:13 AM
iron god chamber makes it all worth while.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I gotta get this album, hope it'll be dope

lower your expectations

wuswordz95
10-29-2006, 06:28 PM
The Album Is Very Good 7/10. Is It Me Or Just Me. Masta Killa Singing On One Of His Tracks Makes Me Think He Is Trying To Sound Like 50 Cent. I Really Dont Like That. Thats The Only Huge Negative Thing About The Album.

staycreepin_n_silence
10-29-2006, 11:36 PM
50 isn't the first rapper to rap. Nas sings "gimme your's " Ghost song on a few songs, Bizzy song on a few songs, Nothing is wrong with a rapper singing. That's not something to look down on an artist because he sings. I like the album for the feel of it. When I first heard it I was let down but after playing it I like it. To tell you the truth Iron god Chamber wasn't the best song, i don't understand the hype around it. That album touched on a little of everything BLACK almost. It had soul, it had reggae it had rap, r&b.

Joints I'm feeling the mostit's what it is,Pass the Bone, let's get something, East Mc and lovely ladies

Tracks I wasn't feeling:Then and now, Iron god Chambers E.n.y House

infamousWu
10-30-2006, 05:17 PM
the album is tight, but it isnt No Said Date

songs i like - It Is What It Is, -Iron God Chamber, -Pass The Bone Remix, -Street Corners, - Lets get into Something(good rnb song, dont know why its on here though), - Ringing Bells

that track older gods or whatever is horrible, and that Doom track is wack also

overall 7/10

23-18
11-01-2006, 02:03 AM
iron god chamber makes it all worth while.

it is a banger I agree,,they sound hungry on the trak,,still my favorite ,close second is ringn bells.

Skellington
11-01-2006, 02:35 AM
After listening to it a few time, I really wanna change my vote to "wack"...

I really hate the album, waste of my money, the only good tracks are "ENY House" and "Iron God Chamber".
That vegeterian food must'v got'n to his head or sumthin'.....

Wongo921
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Street Corner is fuckin classic

famenchuan
11-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Then and Now- Its good to see Masta trying to give the kids a shot but this is his album and he not even on the first track.

East NY House- 3.5/5 Not my favorite track but this would of been a perfect intro. It sounds like a beginning to like a old kung fu flick.

It is what it is- 4.5/5 Really dope track.

Nehada & Cream- 5/5 Love this track. Its a personal classic. Queen was my favorite wu love song unitl I heard this.

Iron God Chamber- 5/5 Personal Classic. Love everyone's verse. Love the beat too.

Pass the Bone Remix-4.5/5 Love this shit. Better than the original.

Older Godz part 2- 2.5/5 I like the concept of the track but the beat was just to horrible. They should of just made this a skit and shortened it up.

Let's Get into something- 4/5 I actully like this track. The guy sings really good. I can see why everyone has a problem with this though, Its a Masta Killa album and he's barley on this song. I like the song but either masta should of had one or two more verses or it should not of been on the album.

Street Corner-5/5 Personal Classic.

Ringing Bells-5/5 personal classic

East Mcs-4/5 good track. I dont like free murda though. Everyone else hs the hard NY style but he sounds like he from the west coast. He brings down the track for me.

Lovely Lady- 3.5/5 I also like this track but again its a Masta Killa album and he's barley on it.

I love this album but than again Masta Killa is my favorite hip-hop artists. I can see why some people are upset because he has songs that he is barley on. I understand that he want to give other artists a shot but I think he went a little overboard. Anyway I really like the album and there are a bunch of cuts the I consider personal classics.

Ginnsey
11-16-2006, 08:16 AM
People say this album pace is lazy?

THATS WHY I LISTEN TO HIP HOP! thats what i smoke my joints too.

if i wanted to listen to something fast i would listen to some Drum and Bass music from Pendulum or Roni Size instead!

So stop your bitching or listen to a different genre of music.

Overall looking at the people from the UK who reviewed this album they give it high scores. Cus we are the Nation of Clubing and we want a brake from that fast shit. overall this gets a 8/10 not bad at all

jony wu tang
12-29-2006, 07:50 AM
its a shame cause we wait and wait for masta killa to drop an album then no said date is only average then this comes out and its better,but not much.its still a good album but could have been better

Dr Zayus
12-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Looking back, this is a cool album. Easy 3.5/5, but not as good as No Said Date. This is a pretty common complaint, but I miss the RZA's beats on this shit. I suppose that's what his solo work/soundtracks are for though.

crass
12-29-2006, 05:47 PM
who the fuck votes this LP as "classic" ?

Lil' Ruger
12-29-2006, 05:49 PM
masta killa and the rebel INS are like the least rich and popular wu members maybe they should do a team up album?

Megaman
12-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Mediocre... almost wack :(

Wu-Tang Kills G-Unit
01-05-2007, 09:13 AM
1. Then and Now - Great beat, wasted. 2/5

2. E.N.Y House - I Liked the beat 3.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - Liked the rapping but it had kinda boring beat 3/5

4. It's What It Is - Ill Shit 2006's Best song 6/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Alright 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Ill Shit 3rd Fav Track 5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - Better Than Original 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Allah met him Allah met her... Who Cares? 1/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - Fucking Gay love song crap 0/100000000

10. Street Corners - Another ill track 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - The Shit Right Here 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - 2nd Fav Song on this album 5/5

13. Lovely Lady - Fuckin gay love song crap 0/1000000000

chiba
01-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Is no said date better?

yep

snakesonawiggly
01-07-2007, 09:57 PM
1. Then and Now - 5/5

2. E.N.Y House - 4/5

3. Brooklyn King - 4/5

4. It's What It Is - 5/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - 2/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - 1/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - 3/5

10. Street Corners - 10/5

11. Ringing Bells - 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - 5/5

13. Lovely Lady - 5/5

Masta Chilla
01-13-2007, 09:48 AM
i see you don't like it as much as nsd...
put this jewel in ya cd-player, close ya eyes n think nuthin man...
then u feel it!

i can't rate this album. i tried it but i couldn't. i can't even say if it's betta than nsd or not.
the only thing i know is that this cd is more than a banger.
i voted classic because nobody will ever release such a cd, not even masta!
it's so similiar to nsd but in the same time it's totally different.

it's just... classic

Marc051
01-14-2007, 02:17 AM
it grew on me track by track

Polocash7
01-14-2007, 04:57 AM
Somewhere between average and banger

2L8Lit da croatianMC
01-14-2007, 05:12 AM
i rated it a banga ! ! !

ian barclay
01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Eny House Is Ill

ced-boogie
01-16-2007, 12:07 PM
yo check out Masta Killa - in RI - on www.mixcast.tv - click on BLOCK - New England - Music Mania TV - yo tell us what you think - info@musicmaniatv.com

Jeru
01-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I feel sorry that the Then and Now beat is wasted

23-18
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Isnt Iron god chamber and Street corners comn out on jan.23rd. as a single release?

Shoalin Buddah Monk
01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Made In Brooklyn was deffintly better then No Said Date.

Pazzo
01-19-2007, 09:35 AM
no said date maybe had 2 or 3 bad songs... made in brooklyn was about 50 % shitty

the Swordsmen
01-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Masta Killa's knew cd is a true Wu-banga, with all the members of the Wu fam in this album (r.i.p o.d.b) this is a definte album to cop if your looking for a Wu album this year

Skellington
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
A very weak album imo, nuthin' compared to No Said Date.

23-18
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Masta Killa's knew cd is a true Wu-banga, with all the members of the Wu fam in this album (r.i.p o.d.b) this is a definte album to cop if your looking for a Wu album this year

I agree totally,and I hear a lot of bashn going on about older Gods and it must come from those who dont know.You all should go back and listn to that track word 4 word and think"y would Masta killa do this song" Do u all want to be fed garbage or do u want the real.in fact a lot of u all would be stepped to 4 many of ur actions ,he is letn u know where this thing came from,by it being that way is what made the people sharp enuff to accomplish the goals they have accomplished{WU-TANG}and countless others including myself.

buckshotstheone
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
pass the bone....nice fucking remake, not shitting on gza at all cause his shit was dope, but MK did bless that nice

buckshotstheone
04-16-2007, 09:55 PM

i couldn't agree more, best wu album of 06 (of course that's not including Fishscale but we all know Ghost is in a class of his own)

The Hound
04-17-2007, 08:32 AM
mediocre at best ...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-17-2007, 02:42 PM
i couldn't agree more, best wu album of 06 (of course that's not including Fishscale but we all know Ghost is in a class of his own)

yup

sungod
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
btw i just found out the sample for the track "it's what it is" - it's from: Ohio Players - Body Vibes

Buzk
06-13-2007, 07:32 AM
why didn't Rza produce anything on this album?

NinjaBlakk
07-19-2007, 09:23 PM
This shit is weak. Instantly forgettable. Would have been something if no other Wu album had ever been heard, as it is, it's just WU-by-numbers

i agree.. this shit is weak... but i WISH it was wu by numbers.. then it would have been atleast on par with no said date..cause that album was wu by numbers..

made in brooklyn was wU by blunders..not cool masta.. not cool man..

NinjaBlakk
07-19-2007, 09:34 PM
masta killa and the rebel INS are like the least rich and popular wu members maybe they should do a team up album?

yo word up.. i totally agree i been thinkin bout that for a couple years now.. wit ugod thrown in for that aggressive touch!! but they would need some serious album direction ..cause these guys dont seem to be able to direct solid albums themselves

NinjaBlakk
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
ok.. here we go again..my review of "Made In Brooklyn" ..it's not like anybody is awaiting my review.. but here's my 2cents worth!!

1...then and now... SLAMMIN' beat!! .. i like..but why oh why is the kids once again rhymin'..?? and at the very beginning of the LP.. NEVER ..EVER.. let the first verse we hear on your own album not be your own.. not unless the verse is goin to be a 20 year down the line classic and an overall dope track!!! masta killa should have ripped this track. i love the babies but not when i'm expecting masta killa!!

2... ENY House.. .. DOPE MF DOOM Beat.. but it was used already as an interlude on his "Operation doomsday" album if i remeber correctly
masta spits a tight verse.. but his delivery is once again ..tired and uneffectively lazy!! .. what is it with masta and his OWN albums where he starts slackin on his delivery.. ?? he always brings fire when he does guest shots.. siigh..oh well..

3....Brooklyn King.. .. Tight beat.. but this beat while just a drum is a good idea just poorly executed.. no dj scrathes. no mixdown effects.. ?? what up.. its like they just put on a beat and masta rhymed.. !! no type of architecture.. it should've sounded like a summer banga mixtape track .. masta spits tight but his delivery is nothin to call home about!!

4...it's what it is.... hmmm.. should have been the name of the album..LOL.. hard beat.. i like it.. ghost n rae saves it from being just another mediocre masta track.. they really care about him.. and they should, he's a great guy i'm sure.. bad thing about ghost n rae is that they stole his thunder.. but then again.. his delivery wasnt hard to top

5... Nehanda & Cream... interesting hoochie intro.. with a NSD beat in the background.. gradually the tracks beat fades in.. ..ILL BEAT... .. masta.. kicks dope topic.. same ol.. so so delivery though.. for some reason this track reminds me of 50 cent.. and i dont even listen to fitty like that.. masta has that 50 type singin' thing goin on this time round.. i aint mad.. but i wanna hear WU..

6....Iron God Chamber....YES YES YES!!!! U-GOD comes in HARD.. WU TANG CERTIFIED!!! RZA .. continues the energetic stream of conscious cypha... meth comes in and flames it!! meth sounds a lil commercial once again.. but he's mos def on point.. Masta comes in and keeps it tight ends it tight.. overall i like this track a lot.. its a WU BANGA!!!

7....Pass the bone remix.... YIKES.. asa person who keeps the original GZA album "words from a genius" on constant rotation .. i loved and respected the meaning behind the homage paid to such a CLASSIC ..TIMELESS TRACK..
but i DESPISE THE EXECUTION AND END RESULT of such an effort.. masta .. i know GZA is your former mentor...and brother. and i respect that.. but this track is whack.. the beat is wu by the numbers.. no type of change up.. its alright.. it rolls on and on. same ol al green soundin sample.. your verse , while actually GZA's verse does not do him justice.. a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

8....Older Gods PT 2... interesting.. i like the beat... though it's pete rock.. kinda reminds me of a Premo interlude on an gangstarr LP..is that popa wu in the background..?? but it does the Job.. and Masta actually delivers on point like a sniper.. flow was killa ..like his namesake.. a masta killa BANGA!!

9..let's get into something.. hmmmmm... not bad but not good either.. it sounds like something from the radio ..mainstream R&B sound.. not really feelin' it... wu does R&B better than this.. rhymin' bout the hunnies.. the masta is not livin' up to his rep.. nor the WU's rep.. i love ya masta and i know you love the hunnies.. but nah.. it sounds generic.. you couldve picked a better beat..

10..street corner.. ..NAH.... NAH.. NAH.... RE USING BEATS FROM PREVIOUS WU PROJECTS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! this was from think differently LP.. NAH.. put that on a mixtape or somethin' ..not a LP that your fans gotta spend their HARD EARNED MONEY ON.. thats juss lazy.. AM I WRONG..??? of course not!!
thank god for GZA ..he keeps me from being too pissed bout this track wit his verse.. deck didnt sound like deck on this track though.. overall .. NO

11. ....Ringin' Bells... DOPE BEAT.. tru mas...er..uh.. i mean ..bronze nazareth...LOL.....does it again.. tight verse from killa... almost a banga.. but not CLASSIC

12.....Easy MC's...tight beat.. not much to say..cept masta comes off nice..
the other wu youngins come off kinda tight.. killa sin is a vet so he sounds like he's sposed to which is nice..free murda sounds aiiiiiight.... its a tight track overall.. decent..!!

13.....Lovely Lady..too bad this isnt like the kool keith track of the same name from his "sex style" LP.... i know masta wanna give props to his ENY west indie roots and thats all good.. but cant you do it wit a WU slant... kinda like the "DON'T TEST" track from the ghost dog soundtrack.. this track does not go with the rest of the album at all... it's like seeing a dinosaur in the middle of manhattan..and thats not good.. cause dinosaurs kill...atleast last i heard.. this track is not my cup of tea.. not bad.. but i guess its a masta killa personal roots homage and i respect that..

bottomline this album while wit one or two tracks sounding on par.. the album as a whole is once again a mediocre release.. a mediocre release for a wutang album that is.. for a hip hop album overall its waaay better that anything being released in the mainstream as is NSD..
but i have high standards for the group that had ONCE set high standards for themselves as well

i give it a 2.5 tops.. no said date was better than this.. ((read my review on NSD))

i hope i dont come off as nitpickin' ..cause im honestly not.. but this album is another uncohesive ..could have been a classic ..but no one had any true album direction release.. and this album was somewhat slightly grittier beatwise than his debut..oh well ..maybe he'll get it right next album.. you know they say third times the charm

peace

23-18
07-20-2007, 08:50 AM
6....Iron God Chamber....YES YES YES!!!! U-GOD comes in HARD.. WU TANG CERTIFIED!!! RZA .. continues the energetic stream of conscious cypha... meth comes in and flames it!! meth sounds a lil commercial once again.. but he's mos def on point.. Masta comes in and keeps it tight ends it tight.. overall i like this track a lot.. its a WU BANGA!!!

I agree with that,also East m.c.'s is hard as hell,Brooklyn King and ringing bells r also dope imo.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-20-2007, 09:16 AM
NinjaBlakk, I hate u after u dissed the Street Corner track :( :( , lol just joking

so what if the beat is reused? its still better when the same producer does it ( unlike when Just Blaze stole the beat that 'he made' for the Remedy track )

Slide
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Where download it?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Where download it?

don't download

buy

B.U.Y. -> buy u yes!!!!

Slide
07-21-2007, 04:33 AM
ok! Do you buy him? Where?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-21-2007, 07:30 AM
I can't believe I'm having a conversation with E.T.'s brother in law.

Smelgafeld
10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
This shit is banging. Blows NSD outta the water for me. Sometimes i wonder what you peeps on this board want..

liquid_1_
10-08-2007, 12:51 AM
This shit is banging. Blows NSD outta the water for me. Sometimes i wonder what you peeps on this board want..

we want f.r.e.e. m.u.r.d.a. to never get on a wu-tang song ever again.

BGS
10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
we want f.r.e.e. m.u.r.d.a. to never get on a wu-tang song ever again.

co-sign

Maccabee Ridah
10-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Just finished listenin to album for second time, and all I can say it's nice album!! i felt it like this: 1/2 of album r tracks that I find bangerz & other half are nice tracks, but nothing special & at the end there is Lovely Lady which I find extremely WACK! So all in all, nice album, but nothing special & groundbreaking!!

Voted for Average!

P.E.A.C.E.

Tony Bandana
10-31-2008, 08:45 PM
this album iz junk ..

half his shit dont even rhyme...its horrible.

nice coaster though.

Durag
11-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Yea, this albums fuckin sucks, and anyone that says its dope is a masta killa fan, and secrectly they hate this album too, but they force themselves to like it coz they think they should, so they play it everyday trying their best to like it, and they've almost convinced themselves that they do like it. But in reality, they know its wack.

Masta Killa has really dropped in my list of favourite rappers coz of his two solos.

andy_gza
01-13-2009, 04:41 AM
No said Date: 9/10
Made in Brooklyn: 6.5/10

Doesn't even feel like a hip hop album in parts. The good tracks are really good but the garbage tracks are..... well the fact that they exist on this CD at all should tell you....

03-17-2009, 07:12 AM
1. Then & Now - 4/5 - slammin' - definite satisfaction

2. E.N.Y. House - 3.5/5 - dope

3. Brooklyn King - 5/5 - classic

4. It Is What It Is - 4/5 - slammin' - definite satisfaction

5. Nehanda & Cream - 5/5 - classic

6. Iron God Chamber - 5/5 - classic

7. Pass The Bone (Remix) - 3/5 - good, worth checking out

8. Older Gods Part II - 2.5/5 - average

9. Let's Get Into Something - 3/5 - good, worth checking out

10. Street Corners - 5/5 - classic

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5 - classic

12. East MCs - 5/5 - classic

13. Lovely Lady - 3.5/5 - dope

overall: 4/5 - slammin' - definite satisfaction

New Hills 36
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
A strange lp. How to make something potentially brilliant very frustrating. But imo there is real some brilliance on this. At a slight tangent ,why the generals don't use Bronze more is totally beyond me btw. And Pass the Bone remix. I know there are mixed opinions on this but I think it's epic.