PDA

View Full Version : Eminem - The Slim Shady EP

Edgar Erebus
07-24-2006, 03:33 PM
http://giaidieuxanh.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages/200512/original/images860241_images855597_slim-shady-EP(ok).jpg

1. Intro (Slim Shady) (produced by Eminem)
2. Low, Down, Dirty (produced by Da Brigade)
3. If I Had... (produced by DJ Roc)
4. Just Don't Give a Fuck (produced by Denaun Porter)
5. Mommy
6. Just The Two of Us (produced by DJ Head)
7. No One's Iller feat. Bizarre Kid, Fuzz, Swift (produced by DJ Head)
8. Murder, Murder (produced by DJ Roc)
9. If I Had... (Radio Edit)
10. Just Don't Give a Fuck (Radio Edit)

OK, this EP definitely ain't Em's best, but it shows the real reason why Dre noticed him. It's even darker and more bizarre than subsequent LP - from the horrorcore intro to painfully realistic Murder, Murder. The songs that appeared again on LP are better produced there, but the rest of production was fuckin' dope.

Special props for that banger, Low, Down, Dirty. That shit I regard as one of Eminem's really best works, with killer Redman sample, weird Eminem's voice, fucked up horrorcore lyrics and one of the darkest, eeriest productions I ever heard.

4/5

Unforgiven
07-24-2006, 04:53 PM
It's far from horrocore but still a crazy lil EP...

supremecharma
07-25-2006, 12:17 AM
i liked it alot...... definately not bad for his first effort. 4/5 is a fair score. eveything was downhill after that unfortunately.

eVoL
07-25-2006, 03:13 AM
yeah this album is dope

PANDA PISS
07-25-2006, 05:35 AM
i preferred this albums version of 'just the two of us'
i guess they couldnt clear the sample for the album
im sure bill withers wouldnt approve of the songs theme

Edgar Erebus
07-25-2006, 07:41 AM
i liked it alot...... definately not bad for his first effort. 4/5 is a fair score. eveything was downhill after that unfortunately.

His first effort was Infinite

11th Chamber
08-01-2006, 05:10 PM
^^Yup, he did Infinite in 96. This was from 97.

Anyways, this EP is straight dope. I actually heard it back in 98, as I grew up in Detroit and some of the tracks were gettin played back then.

If I could get my hands on one of the original copies I would, but only about 150 CD's of the original were made. Now it would cost well over 500$ to get one.

Its funny,cause back then you prolly coulda coped it for 5$.