PDA

View Full Version : Busta Rhymes - Genesis

oDoUoSoKo
07-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Well whatcha think? i think this is the mainstream breakthru for bus, he started fukin wit some other shit on this one..jahiem? lol i give it a 7.75

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2006, 04:41 AM
I quite liked it, it had some bangers (I LUV that song "Match the Name with the Voice)
8.5/10

ShaDynasty
07-28-2006, 07:58 AM
very good album, same level as 'the big bang'
really inventive production on here, although busta himself isnt incredible, hes outshined by rah digga and....puffy

oDoUoSoKo
07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
u liked the big bang?

CharlesJones
10-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Wack album. Only songs i liked is As I Come Back, Break Your Neck, What It Is.

Unique-B
02-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Lol.

Alcryt
02-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Not my favourite Busta album but its def a banger 4/5
Some dick stole my cd so now i got a copied disc with the real case and the last song missing.:thumbdwn:

cap
02-25-2007, 11:28 AM
u liked the big bang?

you didnt??
wow that album is gonna go down in history as one of the most slept on shits ever.
big bang = a banga!!

drippie k
02-26-2007, 02:33 PM
the big bang was pretty awesome.

Sun Supreme
02-27-2007, 07:28 PM
u liked the big bang?

The Big Bang was thaat shit. I still bang that shit like every day. that "goldmine" sht wit rae is prolly one of my top five songs of 2006. The genesis is that shit to. in hindsight (which is 20/20) i'd give the album a 7.5/10

Acromadic
12-27-2007, 02:03 AM
I give this album a 8.5/10. Although it wasn't better than any of his previous releases (which I give 10/10 to, except for Anarchy 9/10) it was still a fuckin banger...waaaaay above average. Break Ya Neck=classic shit!

claaa7
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
pretty dope album but it's too long but as someone mentioned Busta tried to break new grounds on here. get rid of the wack Neptunes beats, throw out Pappa Diddy Pop from the studio, cut down interludes and tighten it up to 13 tracks and you would have an incredible album... Busta entertained as always on bangers from Jay Dee, Dr. Dre, Nottz, Just Blaze, Diamond D and you know you'll love Pete Rock's "Shut 'Em Down" one more time :D

7.5/10

CharlesJones
08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
The Big Bang album sucked.

KJR
06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
This is a pretty decent album. Much better than Anarchy. It is too long, there are too many skits, the two intro tracks are unnecessary, but the best parts of this album shine. Busta really shines on this album, his raps are much more interesting than Anarchy and are probably on WDS level. The beats don't always work, but at least they tried different things. For that I appreciate this album.

6.7/10

CharlesJones
06-13-2013, 06:26 AM
KJR, you're a fucking retard if you think Genesis is better than Anarchy. Anarchy has better songs and you also said Extinction Level Event is better than Anarchy and i don't think so. Anarchy was his last good album.

CharlesJones
06-13-2013, 06:27 AM
LOL@Claaa7 saying Busta shouldn't have had The Neptunes and Puff Daddy on Genesis hahahahahahahahahaha. The song he did with Puff Daddy and Pharrell Williams did suck. What's the name of the song? I remember he had a video for it.

TheFunkyDrummer
06-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Does someone have the instrumental from Genesis (track)?

KJR
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
KJR, you're a fucking retard if you think Genesis is better than Anarchy. Anarchy has better songs and you also said Extinction Level Event is better than Anarchy and i don't think so. Anarchy was his last good album.

Lol, no need for the hate bro, but that's what I believe. The production on "Anarchy" was awful. The beats were awkward and Busta didn't fit with them at all. Being Busta's longest album, it's also a huge borefest half the time. Had he cut down 30 or so minutes of it, he might've had a cohesive album. Sure I might be able to agree with you that the highlights of "Anarchy" were better than the highlights of "Genesis" but unfortunately, those songs don't come together well. "Genesis" on the other hand is rather cohesive and flows well. Plus, Busta's flow only improved on "Genesis".

CharlesJones
06-13-2013, 12:48 PM
LOL@you think the beats on Anarchy are awful hahahahahahahahahaha. Whatever man. I'm not gonna argue with you. You have the right to like what you like and i have the right to like what i like. I listen to Anarchy often and i never listen to Genesis LOL.

KJR
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
^So do you like ALL of the beats on Anarchy? You don't think any of em are wack? The ones that stood as being especially bad to me are the shitty Just Blaze (before he was good) and Swizz Beats tracks. I mean, there are some wack-ish beats on Genesis but I just thought Busta adapted to them better than on Anarchy.

CharlesJones
06-13-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't like all the beats on Anarchy but i like most of them. I think We Comin Through, Fire, Bladow, Get Out, Show Me What You Got songs have the best beats. I like the idea that he did a collabo with M.O.P. for Ready For War but i didn't like the beat. I also like the idea he did a collabo with DMX and Jay-Z on Why We Die song but i didn't like the beat.

TheFunkyDrummer
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Busta is a faggot for actually using the chorus on Show Me What You Got. Amazing beat, those drums are mindblowing. His performance is great, but he had to run it with the chorus. Would have been a classic track.

CharlesJones
06-14-2013, 06:41 AM
I didn't have a problem with the hook on Show Me What You Got. That beat is hard but i think my favorite beats on Anarchy are Fire, Get Out, We Comin Through(i really love this beat).

KJR
06-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Busta is a faggot for actually using the chorus on Show Me What You Got. Amazing beat, those drums are mindblowing. His performance is great, but he had to run it with the chorus. Would have been a classic track.

Busta did that kind of shit a lot in his later albums. On Genesis, he ruined a good beat/performance with Kelis's annoying ass hook on "What It Is".

CharlesJones
06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I didn't have a problem with Kelis singing the hook on What It Is. Fuck that bitch for getting a lot of money from Nas in the divorce settlement. She's getting child support from him too. I hate these judges that give women a lot of money from men when they get a divorce.

KJR
06-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Hey, it's Nas's fault for wifing her, haha. I hear ya though, it sucks to be Nas.

CharlesJones
06-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah it does suck being him. I don't know when men are gonna learn that you can't trust women when it comes to money. Celebrity men should know better not to marry these women. Jay-Z better be careful how he treats Beyonce because i'm sure if they got a divorce, she's gonna get a lot of his money LOL. Then again she might not go after his money if they divorced because she has a lot of money. She would probably just get him for child support. Michael Jordan's ex-wife Juanita is getting a lot of money from him. Kobe Bryant's wife was almost close to divorcing him.

KJR
06-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Haha, Jay-Z's probably got enough money to support a country of African children, nevermind Beyonce's one baby.