PDA

View Full Version : the law

arto
08-04-2006, 09:28 AM
right now, what is stopping me from going next door and savagely killing my neighbour? the law? or is it my compassion for her as a human being? if the latter is true, what is the purpose of law, except to oppress?

LHX
08-04-2006, 09:32 AM
law is an example of people trying to manage something that is unmanageable

the result is oppression

Edgar Erebus
08-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Law is made for preventing people to hurt other people and for punishing those that break it.

We would all kill at will, rob and rape if there wasn't some system of oppression that we all fear.

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Law is made for preventing people to hurt other people and for punishing those that break it.

We would all kill at will, rob and rape if there wasn't some system of oppression that we all fear.

^^^^^^COSIGN

what is it that your neighbor did that makes you want to go over and want to kill her?? just being curious and all.

arto
08-04-2006, 09:50 AM

but would we? i know i wouldn't. i know all the people i know wouldn't. i know you wouldn't. here would be a small minority, if any, doing anything bad at all.

arto
08-04-2006, 09:51 AM
^^^^^^COSIGN

what is it that your neighbor did that makes you want to go over and want to kill her?? just being curious and all.

nothing. i don't want to kill her. but what i'm saying here is that the thing stopping me at the moment is compassion and my respect for her right to live, and not the law.

LHX
08-04-2006, 09:51 AM

i have no desire to kill, rob, or rape anything, and it has nothing to do with law

and i have a hunch that most (if not the overwhelming majority) are the same way

law is redundant

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-04-2006, 09:53 AM
nothing. i don't want to kill her. but what i'm saying here is that the thing stopping me at the moment is compassion and my respect for her right to live, and not the law.

ohhhhhhhhhhh, ok. well we all have to make laws. without them, the whole world would be destructive and armageddon would occur

arto
08-04-2006, 09:54 AM
i have no desire to kill, rob, or rape anything, and it has nothing to do with law

and i have a hunch that most (if not the overwhelming majority) are the same way

law is redundant

exactly. i don't do bad things because i am a normal human. i don't feel compelled to kill or hurt anyone at all. it is not normal human behaviour to do subversive things like that.

arto
08-04-2006, 09:56 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhh, ok. well we all have to make laws. without them, the whole world would be destructive and armageddon would occur

just think about this rationally. if i take what you're saying literally, it means that we wouldn't be here right now. because without laws, as in, in the beginning of mankind, we would have all run wild, doing all this crazy shit. now consider that there is nothing different between you and a cavemen about 4 million years ago, save for a different environment and advanced education. why do we need laws to govern us, when for literally millions of years, we did fine without them?

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-04-2006, 10:01 AM
just think about this rationally. if i take what you're saying literally, it means that we wouldn't be here right now. because without laws, as in, in the beginning of mankind, we would have all run wild, doing all this crazy shit. now consider that there is nothing different between you and a cavemen about 4 million years ago, save for a different environment and advanced education. why do we need laws to govern us, when for literally millions of years, we did fine without them?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ce/Ten_Commandments_Monument.jpg/437px-Ten_Commandments_Monument.jpg

we need laws in our world so that we can have structure within our community and our homes. you should always follow the laws whether people like them or not. it's just like the ten commandments, they're laws too. but sometimes those commandments aren't followed and some can't be forgiven for what they did.

so yes we need laws within our lives becasue this world would be insane and all hell would break loose

Gawd
08-04-2006, 10:22 AM

Ppl would still be held in check by their nieghbors and peers.......if there were no laws im sure if you chose to kill youd better have a good reason because your neighbors would kill you as a way to impose some sort of non spoken justice.

LHX
08-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Ppl would still be held in check by their nieghbors and peers.......if there were no laws im sure if you chose to kill youd better have a good reason because your neighbors would kill you as a way to impose some sort of non spoken justice.

POST OF THE DAY

also - isnt this already armageddon?

Gawd
08-04-2006, 10:33 AM
POST OF THE DAY

Not sure ^.......But what do i get for the post of the day?

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-04-2006, 10:33 AM
POST OF THE DAY

i guess you can say it is with the ar in Iraq. tere are too amny folks being killed very single day of the week!!! we need to make new laws and make sure taht those laws are stricter and powerful!!

LHX
08-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Not sure ^.......But what do i get for the post of the day?

due to recent cut backs and budget restrictions, all you get is this novelty wutang-corp pen

but
due to the same cut backs, we have no way of sending it to you

arto
08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ce/Ten_Commandments_Monument.jpg/437px-Ten_Commandments_Monument.jpg

we need laws in our world so that we can have structure within our community and our homes. you should always follow the laws whether people like them or not. it's just like the ten commandments, they're laws too. but sometimes those commandments aren't followed and some can't be forgiven for what they did.

so yes we need laws within our lives becasue this world would be insane and all hell would break loose

we don't actually need laws. it's a comon misconception. people wouldn't run riot without laws. it's simple.people didn't go around doing awful things before laws were created, so why do we need laws, if the reason is to keep people in line?

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-04-2006, 10:53 AM
we don't actually need laws. it's a comon misconception. people wouldn't run riot without laws. it's simple.people didn't go around doing awful things before laws were created, so why do we need laws, if the reason is to keep people in line?

we do need laws. why is it a misconception??? i follow the laws everyday and has never got caught by the police. we need laws now so that folks won't be killed or raped or robbed. why wouldn't we have laws??? the world would be reckless and lots of massacres would occur. so i believe that laws should be made and put into affect whether folks follow them or not

The Wizzard
08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Laws (excluding religious) are bullshit. In the end the don't mean shit, you talk to anybody worth the shirt on there back they will tell you just cause it's legal doesn't make it right and just cause it's illegal doesn't make it wrong.
Laws are only a way for the ruling class to protect themselves from harm.

Prince Rai
08-04-2006, 02:30 PM

very true.

the law perhaps is needed in larger societies where morals and the term "good conduct" is varied from mini society to mini society within a larger society.

The Law acts as a deterrant at times for certain crimes. Law also gives people the possibility to KNOW what can be done and what not in a town.
No Law can engender inconsistency in decision making.

june181972
08-04-2006, 06:25 PM
have you ever noticed that the ppl who actually make the laws the ppl in power never make laws for themselves? they pass legislation for other people who dont want the laws to begin with. the government is a vicious buerocratic cycle with ppl in power denying they have power and passing legislation to protect thier power.

True statement.

The only reason we have laws is because the people that make/have made these law put such a premium on trying to be better than the next man.
The unnatural urge or desire to accumulate unnatural things. (money and its material benefits)

What is one of the basic elements that drives capitalism? Competition.
As long as Time=money, we will never be free, because we are always doing someone else's bidding.

Laws are put into place so we only are "allowed" to do what the people in power want us to do. In the mean time, they get rich, and we try not to rock the boat.

No one would victimize anyone else if we only needed and wanted and had what is rightfully ours to begin with. Free Will

arto
08-04-2006, 07:18 PM
True statement.

The only reason we have laws is because the people that make/have made these law put such a premium on trying to be better than the next man.
The unnatural urge or desire to accumulate unnatural things. (money and its material benefits)

What is one of the basic elements that drives capitalism? Competition.
As long as Time=money, we will never be free, because we are always doing someone else's bidding.

Laws are put into place so we only are "allowed" to do what the people in power want us to do. In the mean time, they get rich, and we try not to rock the boat.

No one would victimize anyone else if we only needed and wanted and had what is rightfully ours to begin with. Free Will

you kick ass