PDA

View Full Version : NYC-Webster shows (17,18)

oDoUoSoKo
08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
whos goin, im most likley going jus wanna kno who else is

mrnuzzlespleen
08-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I'ma be there on the 17th (rhymefest fucking rocks), I already saw them on valentine's day.

famenchuan
08-06-2006, 11:43 AM
there on the 18th also went to the show on valentine's day.

tekunique
08-07-2006, 10:41 AM
the 2 shows in NYC are gone according to http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/896829

ZiG 9th
08-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Damn i wonder whatz up with that?

mrnuzzlespleen
08-13-2006, 11:41 AM
the shows aren't listed on ticketmaster for some reason, so you can't buy 'em online, but they're still on. Cop 'em and show your support!

famenchuan
08-13-2006, 02:02 PM
you can buy the tickets at ticketweb.com

oDoUoSoKo
08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
how trustworthy is that site

ZiG 9th
08-14-2006, 12:56 AM
I might go? I have my ticket for the illadelph show already. How many of yal are going?

famenchuan
08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
how trustworthy is that site

if your talking about ticketweb they sent me my ticket in two days.

the blazed sage
08-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Anyone know if RZA is gonne be there tonight?

StIllCrUnked
08-17-2006, 03:48 PM
im bout to get on the train

the blazed sage
08-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Last night's show was LIVE as hell. Everyone came through, even RZA who has been absent for a few of their performances. They went through the catalogue with some high fuckin' energy. I'll review the concert more when my brain will wake upm but lemme just say that one of the evenings highlights was when RED cam out for DA ROCKWILDER. shit was crazy.

anyway, more later.

StIllCrUnked
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Cappadonna is the size of Barry Bonds.. when did he get soo jacked up?

Hyder
08-19-2006, 11:34 AM
The second my friend and i got there ryhmefest just got done with their set. We would've got their sooner but we were doing some sightseeing being that he's up here from tennessee.

Either way Wu was great, but the crowd as usual in nyc were for the most part acting spoiled. They were acting so spoiled that meth actually really got pissed the hell off. But meth explained himself and let people know why they should be appreciating the fact that this is one of the few times ALL the members are present for the performance, that webster hall (the venue) is one of the first places where they debut 36 chambers and most of all for the fact that this was nyc. Shit got much better after that, i think they just needed method to light a fire under their asses.

Anyways the show was great, only annoying thing was that they would cut songs in half, and most of the time i wanted to hear the second half. By far the most entertaining was method, i've never seen a rapper deliver that much energy on stage since big daddy kane. Pretty much the main acts of the night were rae, ghost, meth and gza. It kinda stinks because it was so damn obvious that masta killa and U-God were on the back seat not even getting that many verses. Masta looked really pissed off, he was just staying in the corner of the stage barely interacting with any other wu members and when his last verse was done, he just handed the mic to the mixer and left. So i guess there's always some bullshit stirring in that clan.

anyways here's a rough setlist of what was played and what i remember
Bring Da Ruckus
Shame on a Nigga
Clan in the Front
Da Mystery of Chessboxin
Ain't Nothin ta fuck wit
Method Man
Reunited
It's Yourz
Triumph
Back Like that
Cher Chez La Ghost
Incarcerated Scarfaces
Criminology
Glaciers of Ice
Ice Cream
Then and Now (yup the little kids came out)
Duel of the Iron Mic
Shadowboxin (i think)
Ooh baby i like it raw

There was a lot more, i'm just horrible with names. Oh redman came out and did that rockwilda song with method man. ODB's mother was there and there was a very nice moment of silence for her son. Really great night aside from all the shennanigans.

famenchuan
08-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I was at the show the 18th. It was the fucking greatest shit ever. The energy in the fucking place was amazing.

oDoUoSoKo
08-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Cappadonna is the size of Barry Bonds.. when did he get soo jacked up?

check put it on the line dvd aswell....bilt

Chris79
08-21-2006, 05:09 AM
I went to the show on the 18th with Lord Jamar

Method Man said some shit about the crowd on the 17th and how it sucked ass.....and the crowd that night was so much better.....but I took that as a generic statement....I see now though after a few comments that he wasnt joking

The show was great....I know Rza hasnt shown up for past shows on this tour but he would NEVER NEVER NEVER live it down if he didnt show up for a NYC show (unless it was a real emergency or something)

Here are my pictures:
http://wutang81806.shutterfly.com/action/

You can telll where I was based upon the angles of the pics haha....for some reason, at one point in the show, I was so close to Rza that I wanted to ask why he never put out the Tekitha album.....I'm sore bout that lol

famenchuan
08-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I love when redman said "I dont care what anyone says I'm part of the wutang" love that unity.

Divinity21
08-21-2006, 10:25 AM

Method Man said some shit about the crowd on the 17th and how it sucked ass.....and the crowd that night was so much better.....but I took that as a generic statement....I see now though after a few comments that he wasnt joking

The show was great....I know Rza hasnt shown up for past shows on this tour but he would NEVER NEVER NEVER live it down if he didnt show up for a NYC show (unless it was a real emergency or something)

Here are my pictures:

You can telll where I was based upon the angles of the pics haha....for some reason, at one point in the show, I was so close to Rza that I wanted to ask why he never put out the Tekitha album.....I'm sore bout that lol

dope pics man .. i was like right next 2 u ... lol .. da pics u took were like da same as mine lol .... i jus need 2 develop dem ...

SMOKE BLUNTS
08-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I love when redman said "I dont care what anyone says I'm part of the wutang" love that unity.

thats fo real man

famenchuan
08-21-2006, 10:51 AM

Here are my pictures:

Yo you were right in front of me. I remember there were two people taking pics right in front of me. Were you the white guy with the glasses. There was also another person but I dont remember what they look like.

Chris79
08-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I was the chubby Asian kid in the grey shirt...right on the gate....not too sure who was behind me since I didnt turn around much...except when that lady basically told off that white girl...that was crazy...she literally said im gonna fuck you up ha

But yeah, there was an Asian girl to my right and a white guy with a hat I think to my left...other than that, who knows...I wish I wouldve remembered to pick up my Method Man album cover poster that they gave out

You know what was cool?....after I came out, some Wu members were just chillin outside talking to fans...I saw Cappadonna....U-God...and I gave props to J-Love....he's the man

Here are the pics I took at other shows if anyone is interested in peeping:

www.ghostface42206.shutterfly.com (http://www.ghostface42206.shutterfly.com)
www.rakim22706.shutterfly.com (http://www.rakim22706.shutterfly.com)
http://ghostface42206.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b33caecfa445
http://mobbraebcc71906.shutterfly.com/action/

Oh yeah, before Wu's set, the DJ said something about a Method Man and Immortal Technique show coming up?....but I cant find that anywhere online...anyone have info on that?

J-Ronin
08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
I was there on the 18th. First off I gotta say peace to everybody who copped the Killah Priest - Prelude to the Offering mixtape. Keep in touch, add me on myspace.

2nd , shout out to the whole WU fam. Much love. I got in with some VIP status and I was on stage with everybody rocking out along with Sav Killz. ALL ELEMENTS is still WU fam ya heard?

I threw a couple of cds out to the crowd at the end of the show. Heads seemed to love that.

Peace to all y'all that came thru. I got lots of shows coming up and mixtapes.
-J

IronFingaz7
08-21-2006, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Chris79;558285]But yeah, there was an Asian girl to my right and a white guy with a hat I think to my left...other than that, who knowsQUOTE]

Yeah that was me with the hat on, I can tell buy your picks. And J Ronin I was the one that said I already had the Killah Priest - Prelude to the Offering when we were outside, but I forgot to ask you if you still talk to Endemic? Thats my man right there, we be doing shit together a lot.

P.E.A.C.E.

ZiG 9th
08-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I was the chubby Asian kid in the grey shirt...right on the gate....not too sure who was behind me since I didnt turn around much...except when that lady basically told off that white girl...that was crazy...she literally said im gonna fuck you up ha

But yeah, there was an Asian girl to my right and a white guy with a hat I think to my left...other than that, who knows...I wish I wouldve remembered to pick up my Method Man album cover poster that they gave out

You know what was cool?....after I came out, some Wu members were just chillin outside talking to fans...I saw Cappadonna....U-God...and I gave props to J-Love....he's the man

Here are the pics I took at other shows if anyone is interested in peeping:

Oh yeah, before Wu's set, the DJ said something about a Method Man and Immortal Technique show coming up?....but I cant find that anywhere online...anyone have info on that?

y0 when and where was that Mobb Deep Raekwon Bcc concert?

famenchuan
08-21-2006, 09:23 PM

Here are the pics I took at other shows if anyone is interested in peepi

Were you with another asian kid cause then I remember who you are.

Chris79
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Zig 9th: The Mobb Deep, Rae and BCC show was July 19th @ Nokia Theatre

Nah not with any other Asian kid....I was by myself....I wasnt aware there were other Asians near me except for that girl....oh wait....there were two Japanese kids I think to my right

famenchuan
08-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Then I dont remember you. There were two asian kids at the gate right where you took the pictures. One of them had a mustache.

Chris79
08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Ah well

I'll be at the Method Man show if there is one

Definitely be at the EPMD show coming up

And one of the Rakim shows on Thanksgiving weekend

J-Ronin
08-22-2006, 12:14 PM
I'll be at all those joints with fire mixtapes. Also ladies, holla at me too if any of y'all read this. J-Ronin is single once again! LOL. Word.

peace
-J

The Project
08-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I was at the show on the 17th and first of all I got myself tired and I was jumping up and down and pullin shit to my lungs and all that! I'm not applying Method Man's complaints to myself! haha

The show was great and I felt alot of energy. When ODB's mother came out the lights were turned off and everybody sang Can It Be All So Simple along to the music. That was a highlight for myself and for I know alot of other people not only for the fact that some of the words in the song describe shit in my life (yeah my pops..) but also because it was done in memory of ODB, one of the wildest MCs from the Wu family. They also played Shame on a Nigga, Brooklyn Zoo and Shimmy Shimmy Ya.

The highlights of the night were Ghostface Killah (he did some of my favorite verses such as Criminology, ICE WATER and Ice Cream off Cuban Linx and also 4th chamber off Liquid Swords), Cappadonna (came through mad strong, period...anyone remember Winter Wars???), Method Man (gave mad energy on stage and on the crowd...shadowboxin was ill), Raekwon (they played a few songs off Cuban Linx for all the drug dealers and weed smokers, etc, such as Glaciers of ice, Incarcerated Scarfaces and others mentioned already), RZA (always some kind of drink in hand just wilin out and kinda getting wild with the ugly girls too), Inspectah Deck (thanks for kickin off Triumph AND For Heavens Sake with that sick shit Deck!), U-God (along with INS sort of lower key but the verses they spit were some of the most memorable, at least for me..smoke the lye smoke the boom!), GZA (besides his son throwing mad shit out into the crowd, GZA was on point duelin with the iron mic. that's whats up), Masta Killa (his name still suits him..he also let us hear a new track off his album with the three Wu kids).

Obviously some members had more time than others but they were all on point in delivery. Overall i'd say, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon and Method Man got the most play followed close by the RZA who was in control sometimes. But without a doubt my whole shit of the night was when Ghostface came on with some old soul music. I was moving in slow motion during that! Cherchez Laghost and Back Like That was off the hook too! I thought some girls pussy hurt after it got rammed with that mic...Anyone see that?

I'll end it here...Maybe i'll think of more later and post it if people are interested. There's always more.

"G" (the Promoter)
08-23-2006, 09:42 PM

Here are my pictures:

LOL, you got part of me in pic #8, and I'm in the background in a few other shots.

Chris79
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
G,

Yeah I saw you outside really early…I was near the beginning of the line waiting for the doors to open…saw you showing some t-shirts to the girl who run’s Raekwon’s website or something?

Any chance I can buy those shirts off you?....also, I bought a shirt at the merch table afterwards but it’s too small…any chance I can exchange it for a larger size?....I didn’t wear it…I looked at it when I got home and realized it was definitely too small for me

Thanks for any help you can give me man!

MsRzaRecTaH
08-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I'll be at all those joints with fire mixtapes. Also ladies, holla at me too if any of y'all read this. J-Ronin is single once again! LOL. Word.

peace
-J

You forever trying to holla at females.. you just live your life right now
you got too much going on for yourself... there will be a time when
she will come in your life unexpected.. and she will make you the happiest person in the world... yeah and Ill see your ass in NYC for your born day!

oDoUoSoKo
08-25-2006, 04:15 PM
ronin u live in the bush? sht, keep doin u...1