08-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Welllllll in NO CAL, Pure sickology.
Started out in shitty far away lawn seats - by Wu-tang we were in the 2nd row from the stage.
* Del rocked it nice, his voice was the best I had heard him. But, we were far away so we didn't get to really SEE him so that lost some of the experience. Bukue One was his guest.
* Immortal Technique KILLED it, things were kind of lax in the crowd until he came out and went nuts. Played only a few songs, BLASTED a freestyle (unbelievable), ranted a lot, and I was loving it. He even ran into the crowd shouting "I FEEL CAGED! FUCK, I DON'T NEED NO BODY GUARDS!!" But then, he did the unthinkable. He closed his set with Dance with the Devil, and laughed an evil laugh as the beat began and the crowd moaned in horror that he was about to play it. Was dope though, just hard to stomach live.
* De La Soul was way dope. Brought out half of A Tribe Called Quest. Played dope tracks. Loved it.
* Murs did a solo set which was nice and then Living Legends joined him, all dope but I was so tired at this point I couldn't stand during most of it.
* Now Sway and Tech came out to host the rest of the event, and first brought out Supernatural, who broke the record of worlds longest freestyle the night before - 9 hours and 12 minutes. Then he had everyone hold things out of their pockets and he rapped the best freestyle I've ever heard. Dude was genius.
* REDMAN was INSANE, he was the funniest performer I had ever seen, cursing out the crowd and going nuts - he was dope and played some great tracks. His set gave me a new surge of energy for the rest of the night. Dj Kool Herc came on and played some classic steez and backed up Redman. That was a cool surprise.
* Talib was pretty funky and I was liking it but the energy was running thin. Then he brought out DAVE CHAPELLE. Unbelievable. Followed by him busting into "Get By". One of the highest points of the festival. Then Mos Def joined him and they rocked some Black Star and finally ended with Mos Def doing a solo set.
IT ALL WENT DOWN.
WU-TANG CAME ON STAGE.
No words, it was unbelievable. All the clan (except RZA) was there, and they had TONS of Wu-fam and guests with them (Cappadonna and Streetlife), including a lot of their children. They started it off with BRING THE MUTHA FUCKIN RUCKUS and a giant Wu banner covered the backdrop of the stage. Then they continued into M.E.T.H.O.D. Man and Meth ran deep DEEP into the crowd, made people go crazy. As he returned to the stage, he was like "Yo, FUCK security, everybody come down to the stage! Get down here!!" And everyone bum rushed the stage despite security still trying to stop us. Now the night was ON, and for all of Wu-tang's set I was in the 2nd row. It was unbelievable. Wu-tangs kid's even did a song on their own that was dope as fuck. Everything was ridiculous, they did solo tracks and wu-classics straight up and down, it was incredible. Thousands of highlights from their set. ODB's mom came out and we all sang the lyrics to Shimmy Shimmy YAAAAA; plus, Redman came out and him and Meth bumped some Blackout! classics. Too MUCH! I've got pics by the thousands that I'll post if people want in on that. Here's some for starters:
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Yo props thats a good pic of Meth; youre lucky to see De La with Tribe!
08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Peace and bless - yeah the whole show was sick. 36 Chambers - if you want to put my Mef pic up on the Wu-tang Corp. with pic credit to Root Pepper, I'd love it :yes:
No real reason you would, it'd just be dope for it to be used for something.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.