PDA

View Full Version : U-God's style

The Wizzard
08-07-2006, 01:32 AM
this has been talked about multiple times and there probably was already a thread like this but fuck it-

U-God can rhyme tight man, when he flows good he flows good, but, he tries to to like this rhythmic slow talk/singing/rapping thing which just ruins tracks. he should just stick to rhyming and leave that fucked up shit he does and just flow man, that's been pissing me off since i listend to Golden Arms Redemption today.

peace

One and Only
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
His verse on the new MK album is tight and he dropped a great great verse on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Knuckleheadz

deadlymelody
08-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I can break down U-God.

U-God as a general, guest MC, Golden Arms Redemption=Sick
U-God as a Hillside Scrambler, Xciter=Bad

TAURO
08-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I can break down U-God.

U-God as a general, guest MC, Golden Arms Redemption=Sick
U-God as a Hillside Scrambler, Xciter=Bad

Co sign

GENERAL WISE
08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
U-God on tracks with other members is sick, his style is different and a break in the other clanner's lyrics.

but his solos are just nasty too nastyt to be good

smokebongoncliff
08-10-2006, 09:57 PM
yo . yo. yo. time to knock em out. cut em wit the glass hand, time to shut em down. im commin out the bad land

RAMESH
08-11-2006, 03:12 PM
i would like to see u-god drop a few more cd's i know he can throw a mean verse.

tacle
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
U-God is brilliant, i've always rated him as an MC.

Sicka than aidZ
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
YEP, HIS DEEP TONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALOT OF SICK WU SHIT, WINTER WARZ, KNUCKLEADS, CHERCHEZ LA GHOST .THE JUMP OFF, YEAH,, HE'S A BIG PART OF WU'S SICK SOUND:clap:

Germillion
08-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Fuck, you talkin' 'bout the new shit...
I ONLY listen to the OLD stuff. This new shit sucks. All of it. I don't even consider Wu-Tang existing after '97. Universal God Allah has the greatest voice. Raaaw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia...

Kong
08-18-2006, 09:02 AM
YEP, HIS DEEP TONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALOT OF SICK WU SHIT, WINTER WARZ, KNUCKLEADS, CHERCHEZ LA GHOST .THE JUMP OFF, YEAH,, HE'S A BIG PART OF WU'S SICK SOUND:clap:

TRUTH.

tekunique
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
i actually like his new flow. its different and you cant blame an artist for experimenting. my fav. verse on 9 MILLI BROS was U-God's and i loved his verse on IRON GOD CHAMBER as well. plus he mixes humor into his shit as well. not much wu niggas do that besides Meth & Dirty and maybe sometimes Ghost.. peace to Uey, the only Wu nigga i met in real life.

smokebongoncliff
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
U god has mastered his style.

vahacris
08-18-2006, 02:19 PM

especially on mr.excitement........... get out of here.......

4-Bar Killer
08-18-2006, 02:26 PM

he's ill on the new songs.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
08-18-2006, 02:44 PM

co sign :b RESPEKT Uey bitchass haters :fucku:

L~>1<~NKS
08-18-2006, 02:51 PM
I ugree U.G. needs to stay away from that "Bump" shit or at least keep it in the strip clubs. Other than that he can get gritty on the mic - loove that niggaz flow (no homo).

Whateva happened w/ him and Lethafase anyway? is that beef still cookin and how the hell did that whole shit start??? Lethafase was chewin U.G.'s ass out on his Myspace callin him a "studio thug" and all types of shit...

smokebongoncliff
08-18-2006, 03:34 PM

he might experiment. if he wanted to i guarentee he coould give a consistant dope flow, like on Supa Ninjaz on the Pillage. But he wants to change up his shit

tekunique
08-18-2006, 03:48 PM
U-God's crunk club shit > South niggaz crunk club shit

lyrically.

PLO-Stylez
08-19-2006, 08:28 AM

U-God's style is a supporting role, opening a track, closing it, or giving a raw verse in the middle. He just cant carry a song on his own but he can come out of no where and make an average song straight dope

rubyspirit
08-19-2006, 11:15 AM
U-God's crunk club shit > South niggaz crunk club shit

lyrically.

^ co-sign ... although I haven't listened to crunk often. I refuse to!

The Wizzard
08-19-2006, 11:47 AM
^You talking about real Crunk or the Lil Jon Mtv Shit

RAMESH
08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
i really thought hard about this one i having been listening to u-god from the beginig some years i thought u-god was the illest & other years i thought this guy is fuckin himself up & now i have come to realise that i respect u-god & would love to seem drop some more cd's i only got the mr. excitement cd 2 days ago because i listened to alot of u dick heads putting the cd down the cd wasn't bad i have come to realise the only way you will really know is if you listen to the cd's yourself & judge for yourself & keep your negative opinions to yourself don't fuckup other peoples minds

12weLvE
08-27-2006, 11:27 AM
U-God needs to sit down and listen to Forever and mimic his own style on that album; or listen to one of his best verses on "Black Jesus." I think he has messed his own self up throughout the years. Almost every member has been consistent witht there flow and lyrics...except him, and Cappa.

deadlymelody
08-27-2006, 05:49 PM
^
No, not Inspectah.

mashqauck
08-27-2006, 09:59 PM
U-GOD IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIM AND RUSTY!!!! OMG OMG OMG BABY U FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! fuck everyone who hates on U-God!

LORD ZERO
09-05-2006, 10:34 AM
like i said in another thread like this...........U GOD NEEDS TO HOP DA HELL OFF MYSPACE AND RE-SHARPEN HIS DARTS!

Rame
09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Fuck, you talkin' 'bout the new shit...
I ONLY listen to the OLD stuff. This new shit sucks. All of it. I don't even consider Wu-Tang existing after '97. Universal God Allah has the greatest voice. Raaaw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia...

haha

Dirty Knowledge
09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I think U-God trying to take a different direction in his rap career, thus he's been falling off lately but if he ever refocuses he could drop a deadly solo.

B. Schulze
09-07-2006, 11:21 AM
the only reason u-god's new shit is good is because he stole the masters to leathafase's album and is stealing his lyrics

Tecknowledgist
09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Pushin poetry, like weed by the pounds
Underground railroad, RZA track lay it down
I'm hard as pavement, you gaze from amazement
Knock you in the head, you wonder where the days went
It's golden bangles, microphone getting strangled
Five-star general, scars you want to angle
Bizarre thriller, war scar for a killer
Sheisty mic device got my head-piece throbbin
Slice mics precise on down to ice carvings

When U-God wants to, he can BUST, but there's no denying that he also has a tendency to be wack. He's been comin' correct lately, though. He did good on The Glide and Iron God Chamber.

I think he comes the best on short verses, which would explain why he's called "4-bar Killer" and why his solo work hasn't been consistently up to par.

go_skim
09-09-2006, 04:17 AM

When U-God wants to, he can BUST, but there's no denying that he also has a tendency to be wack. He's been comin' correct lately, though. He did good on The Glide and Iron God Chamber.

I think he comes the best on short verses, which would explain why he's called "4-bar Killer" and why his solo work hasn't been consistently up to par.

word up on that he can get some mad flows going but when it comes to
making full tracks its just not banger

biblebullet
09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by D-Rez http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=578429#post578429)

word up on that he can get some mad flows going but when it comes to
making full tracks its just not banger

I agree, but he's got some good solo tracks

J.T.S.
09-21-2006, 03:26 PM
U-god is one of my lyrical influences!

Brent Schulze
09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
U-god is one of my lyrical influences!

you mean leathafase

Sicka than aidZ
09-25-2006, 12:19 PM
u god would burn u muthafuckaz

Frank Drebin
09-26-2006, 06:12 AM
LAY DOWN MOTHERFUCKER LAY DOWN! baby u is ill

Brent Schulze
09-26-2006, 06:26 AM
u god would burn u muthafuckaz

no he'd probably sucker punch motherfuckers and then run to his 98 range with 2002 rims and drive away to his house in jersey and hide out for a week.

biblebullet
10-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Co-sign

Why can't you guys leave u-god alone...the part that pisses me off the most is that fact that you guys like to complain too much but you guys still listen to his music and his verses

BLOODY UNGRATEFUL MUTHAFUCKERS...what do you want from him?? do you guys want his head on a silver platter??

12weLvE
10-14-2006, 07:08 AM
U-God = Greatest voice in hip-hop. :tease:

Grongle
10-14-2006, 07:23 AM
i love u-gods verse on wu-tang impossible, best ever u-god verse in my opinion:

United Nations, gun fire style patient
Formulatin rap plural acapella occupation
Conquer land like Napoleon, military bomb fest
We want sanitary food, planetary conquest
Thug peoples on some hardco' body shit
Get your shit together 'fore the fuck Illuminati hit
Dreams is free in escape of sleep
For a fool peep jewels, keep tools for tough time
The rule of rough mind, elevate, stay behind
The sun gotta shine, keep on, cremate
the whole Babylon, times up, move on
Kings on your pawn, checkmate, no fakes
opposed through the gate, case closed
Things get froze, when it comes time, chosen ones
were holding guns, we take flight with no fright
and attack, never fear cause our words is clear
What's been done can't be undone Son, we can't care
Cause the last days and times are surely here
Snakes and flakes get blown, by the rightous ones
Divine minds bind, we unified as one
Half of black hope, we half broke, smoke a bowl of weed shit
Our everlastin answers stay flyin over Egypt

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 07:28 AM
yeah ive always loved that verse
one of my favorite verses is
Raw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia
Raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia
My hip-hop will rock and shock the nation
like the Emancipation Proclamation
Weak MC's approach with slang that's dead
you might as well run into the wall and bang your head
I'm pushin' force, my force your doubtin'
I'm makin' devils cower to the Caucus Mountains

Urban_Journalz
10-15-2006, 12:41 AM
U-God.....again....is dope. I think in his trying to expand his horizons, he's seriously fouled up. He seems to need the right production to come off nice. Since most of y'all have taken the best examples of when he's shown his lyrical superiority, Imma give you one that hasn't been posted.

Remember "Killa Hill Niggaz" on Cypress Hill's "Temples Of Boom" LP?? U-God actually took the song from B-Real and RZA. His verse was the BEST. Personally, I LOVED "Golden Arms: Redemption". It felt mad different, but we got to see where U-God could take us. My favorite track on there is "Pleasure and Pain". Hell Razah came nasty on there. Bottom line, I think Lucky Hands just needs the right beats. It's about influence.
Didn't know about him and Leathface beefin'. That's just terrible.

LORD ZERO
10-15-2006, 10:27 AM
pm me when him and rae hop da hell off myspace and start gettin serious lol

deadlymelody
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
U-God is one of my favorite MC's ever. Love his swagger and voice.

oDoUoSoKo
10-15-2006, 03:16 PM
ghost got his supreme clientele style from uey man

Rebel_INS
10-17-2006, 01:27 AM
U-God has a dope style, on clan shit hes good and as a guest.

snakesonawiggly
11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
the only problem I have whith U-god is that he said he was treated differant in the Wu because he is lightskinned. RZA's the same complection as him!

J.T.S.
11-15-2006, 10:21 AM
ghost got his supreme clientele style from uey man

Know that's a funny joke!!