PDA

View Full Version : any skateboarders around ?

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Yo,
Any skateboarders around on this forum ?
if so, what Deck/Decks are you ridin' ? (No Homo)
I personally like Flip/Baker/Krooked & (Lab boards, cuz i get em cheap since i work at the skateshop !

Word Fam.
peace

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I skate

I got 4 full decks of my own right now and I use 3 of my brother's decks.

I got Alien Workshop, Enjoi, Blind, and Manik (seattle company) and I use my brother's Word Industries board. I also skate a Powell board but my friend is borrowing it. I used to skate Element but the whole Bam shit got me pissed so I ditched the company basically and plus there boards got too weak for what I was used to and am used to now. Bearings, trucks, wheels, etc. vary. I love Doh-Dohs

crass
08-08-2006, 02:14 AM
i used to skate. i have an old zoo york

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Baker decks are pretty sweet! My Enjoi board has these Flip wheels that are like see through and shit but have the graphics on the inside. I forgot what they are called but they are smooth, sweet, and lovely as fuck. They don't get scuffed at all from the terrain around here.

crass
08-08-2006, 02:18 AM
remember kids, longboards are the wrong boards.

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 02:20 AM
HAHAHAHA, yeah in my opinion I vote FUCK SECTOR 9!

Razorsharp
08-08-2006, 02:22 AM
hahaha... yeah... my cracker roommate had a sector 9 board and was all happy... i was like that piece sucks... he almost cried and called his parents... damn square... i used to roll with Dynasty, Birdhouse & Powell... =)

Red Bones, Swiss Bones, and hard ass Ricta Wheels :yes:

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 02:26 AM
YO! My like 3 year old Geoff Rowley (GOAT) Ricta wheels are still holding in and fucking ripping like hell!

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 02:39 AM
haha !
i got Thunder trucks, Premium wheels, Lab deck,
Enjoi boards are sweet as hell, but i think they are to slim,
i use 8.0 decks, 7.5 is just to slim for me...

what kind of style do you ride ? Street or Vert or ?

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 02:41 AM
I usually ride street but I hit the vert ramps somtimes. I love quarter pipes, fun boxes, and small bowls and shit. But nothing beats doing manuals all day on smooth concrete ya know! Haha (no homo)

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Co sign for real !
I dont street skate anymore,
i was gappin some stairs after i have had a break for like 6 months, i bailed in a kinda fuckd up way, my knee has been fuckd since, so i just chill at the mini ramp, quarters, boxes and shit like that...

But Yeah, Manuals are the shit... and nothin beats smooth concrete.. just the feelin of the wheels floatin above the concrete !

Razorsharp
08-08-2006, 02:46 AM
fuck yeah... before... i used to one-wheel manual all the time... it was ill... and fuck loose trucks... i like them tight... lmao... peace

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 02:47 AM
what about the kicks ?
which brand do you find the best, for makin skate kicks !

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 02:49 AM
fuck yeah... before... i used to one-wheel manual all the time... it was ill... and fuck loose trucks... i like them tight... lmao... peace

Co sign,
Tight trucks is the shit !
i hate havin much speed with loose trucks, shit is gonna go wrong !

Razorsharp
08-08-2006, 03:00 AM
Co sign,
Tight trucks is the shit !
i hate havin much speed with loose trucks, shit is gonna go wrong !

indeed....9:|69:|6:clap::clap::yes::yes:

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 03:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/methicaldotcom/ooooh005.jpg

Ey yo look here yo,
i also use boards as shelves !
shit is tight,

Lmao, i dont have any good PC games, only boring gay games

Razorsharp
08-08-2006, 03:02 AM

Ey yo look here yo,
shit is tight,

lmao... update ur games then... DUH!!!

:yes::yes::9:9

venex
08-08-2006, 03:09 AM
I got a zumiez deck (from a shop and skatepark around here)

destructo trucks

and spitfire wheels...

notting special

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 03:10 AM
zumiez is everywhere!!!! TAKING OVER! I love zumiez though. They got some good decks

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 03:14 AM
Razorsharp : i will, once i get an idea about what to cope, atm i have no clue..

Venex : Zumiez, havent seen these decks befo, they got i'll graffics/shape/ ?

Longbongcilvaringz
08-08-2006, 03:14 AM

Ey yo look here yo,
shit is tight,

yeah man i have a similar thing, but the board is flat against the wall with some hanger thing coming out.

i used to skate, had an aussie company deck, i think my trucks were "venture" i think.

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Word, sounds ill man.. only bad thing about mine is that it destroys everything i placed on it, still grip on !

Venture trucks are maaad dope man, i used them all the time, until i switched skatetool, and that shit didnt fit, arrrhg .. so i had to switch to Thunder,

Longbongcilvaringz
08-08-2006, 03:22 AM
ha, you gotta sand it down, mine has some varnish on it also.

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 03:25 AM
Jea ?
then i'll do that later today,
Got Work in 20 min, so i gotta split... i hope we get some new stuff today, cuz i could use a new setup !

keep it cool yo.

Peace

Razorsharp
08-08-2006, 03:53 AM
i used to rock some vans and tony hawk shoes... but now fuck tat Jordans and Nikes :yes:

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 03:57 AM
I love skating in Etnies but any shoe works

Longbongcilvaringz
08-08-2006, 04:00 AM
eS

mashqauck
08-08-2006, 04:04 AM
good shoes also! I love the feel

venex
08-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Razorsharp : i will, once i get an idea about what to cope, atm i have no clue..

Venex : Zumiez, havent seen these decks befo, they got i'll graffics/shape/ ?

imma post some pics a bit later, if I find any...

I gotta do something now:thumbup:

the shoes i'm now rocking are also great: etnies !!!!

4-Bar Killer
08-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Keenan was the illest. R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb0bRUMWULY (just listen to the music and peep the style) the first nollie back heel is killa.

Gino is pretty ill too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAzdYo8RRtE

I don't skate anymore. Stopped some years back..

Longbongcilvaringz
08-08-2006, 10:25 AM
^co-sign.

CHRONZ
08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
imma post some pics a bit later, if I find any...

I gotta do something now:thumbup:

the shoes i'm now rocking are also great: etnies !!!!

Word,
Thanks homez !

etnies was what i used to skate in, "callicut" i think was the kicks...

Atm, i skate in Nike air forces, gives better board control for me !

Its Big Lu baby
08-08-2006, 02:28 PM
i dont think it matters what shit u skate
i actually dont even really know what bearings i have
i know im ridin a "real" some rictas and independent trucks
i go through a lota boards ima big dude. but i never had a fav.

Its Big Lu baby
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
btw i like the keenan part with the royal flush track in the background better the one on girl. yo what wu song is that on the one u posted tho?

INF
08-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I used to skate. My last deck was a bartley New Deal.

CHRONZ
08-09-2006, 12:46 AM
i dont think it matters what shit u skate
i actually dont even really know what bearings i have
i know im ridin a "real" some rictas and independent trucks
i go through a lota boards ima big dude. but i never had a fav.

most boards have different shapes, lets say "zero" & "baker", ive tried both boards, "zero" just dont do it for me,

i know exactly what i need to make my skateboarding better, and more controlable ! ( if thats even a word ) :lmao:

Lab Board - Thunder trucks (low) - Jacked bearings - Premium wheels ! :yes:

CEITEDMOFO
08-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Skater Fags I Hope U All Die Like Harold

CHRONZ
08-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Skater Fags I Hope U All Die Like Harold

Lmao

CHRONZ
08-09-2006, 01:02 AM
another guy, who had his skateboardin dreams crushed, cuz people laughed at your ollies ?

CEITEDMOFO
08-09-2006, 01:08 AM
I Crush Vaginas While Listening 2 Illaghee-myrtle And Throop

CHRONZ
08-09-2006, 01:12 AM
LMFAO !
im sure you do !

4-Bar Killer
08-09-2006, 05:05 AM
btw i like the keenan part with the royal flush track in the background better the one on girl. yo what wu song is that on the one u posted tho?

mr. sandman from Tical.. peep this other Keenan part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXGDyR0Vbw

He kept the style on lock - also with the music..

This is my all-time favorite skatepart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PHJhEL0-5g .. Keenan in '94.. I still watch that part even though im not skating anymore.. just amazin style.. look at the line which starts with a ss fs shove it..

Tha Double-P
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
i got a flip deck wit cheech an chong on it, shits sick
royal trucks
black panther abec5 bearings
spitfire wheeels

fucking rips the shit outta street.

CHRONZ
08-09-2006, 12:39 PM
i got a flip deck wit cheech an chong on it, shits sick
royal trucks
black panther abec5 bearings
spitfire wheeels

fucking rips the shit outta street.

WORD !

That flip deck you got, is it New Wave or normal ?
i miss those New wave decks, the pop was priceless, and it helped alot with slidin

Its Big Lu baby
08-09-2006, 01:23 PM
most boards have different shapes, lets say "zero" & "baker", ive tried both boards, "zero" just dont do it for me,

i know exactly what i need to make my skateboarding better, and more controlable ! ( if thats even a word ) :lmao:

Lab Board - Thunder trucks (low) - Jacked bearings - Premium wheels ! :yes:

yea yo
but it really doesnt matter at all trust me
at first u think it does and it gets all in ur head but when u get good at it it doesnt really matter what u buy cuz in a week youll be used to it anyways

Unforgiven
08-09-2006, 01:27 PM
I used to skate, but I was just usin' it to get around, my boys have video of my skitchin' a city bus uphill somewhere, I think his dad found his video camera. I never really got into doing the tricks and shit but I like watching the X-Games and shit, those guys got skill. I still skate around from time to time on my friends boards....

CHRONZ
08-09-2006, 01:28 PM
yea yo
but it really doesnt matter at all trust me
at first u think it does and it gets all in ur head but when u get good at it it doesnt really matter what u buy cuz in a week youll be used to it anyways

Lmao,
thanks for the info man ! 9:|6 9:|6 :clap:
but i dont wanna go for sponsership or anything, i just skate to chill naah mean, like Mini ramp + weed + Wu tang on boomblaster...
shit maybe you right, ive always thought i had to find my personal "custom" board !

B.O.N.E.
08-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Yo, i skate, though not as much as I should.

My latest setup: Birdhouse Deck (Dont ask why), Phantom 2 Trucks, Birdhouse Wheels (Dont ask why), A bunch of different bearings, 2 worlds, 2 black panthers, 3 luckies, and 1 speed demon. Doh doh bushings, Monkey nuts hardware. Before that I was rockin an AWS, I loved that deck.

Dough Snatcher
08-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Well i know how to skateboard if that counts. I mean i never really got into it and learned how to all the hot tricks and shit, but i know how to do keep my balnce and ride it. (no homo)

As for the deck...The board i use have was stolen so it really wasnt my choice of deck at the time. That shit was TMNT board, fresh from wal-marts toy asile.

Tha Double-P
08-10-2006, 01:25 AM
WORD !

That flip deck you got, is it New Wave or normal ?
i miss those New wave decks, the pop was priceless, and it helped alot with slidin

yeah man it was new wave, it was fucking ill
i got like a 5 deck ollie with the shits

VernakuLa
08-10-2006, 01:28 AM
fuck skate punks man, I road grimey when I skated with hood pplz not those "Oh lets jam to Greenday and cut ourselves" type ppl, I crack their faces in

Tha Double-P
08-10-2006, 01:32 AM
fuck skate punks man, I road grimey when I skated with hood pplz not those "Oh lets jam to Greenday and cut ourselves" type ppl, I crack their faces in

u talkin to me sonn

CHRONZ
08-10-2006, 02:21 AM

Lmao,
Yeah they are beginning to grow in numbers, everywhere, :r

CHRONZ
08-10-2006, 02:22 AM
yeah man it was new wave, it was fucking ill
i got like a 5 deck ollie with the shits

Damn, i miss new wave man, cant wait to we get some new decks in store !

Everything just popped higher, word

eVoL
08-10-2006, 02:25 AM
yall remember the first muska's that came out, it had the velcro pocket in back of the tongue to hide your "keys" in (lol - that was the description of the pocket too)

i miss sk8ing.. i miss riding around my area with a few homies, nothin pro but just rolling around, ollying up curbs, tail sliding n 50/50 grinding.. :(
i remember skating to carls jr down the street to get some soda now i'll i do is get in one of my cars and go to the drive-thru

CHRONZ
08-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Well i know how to skateboard if that counts. I mean i never really got into it and learned how to all the hot tricks and shit, but i know how to do keep my balnce and ride it. (no homo)

As for the deck...The board i use have was stolen so it really wasnt my choice of deck at the time. That shit was TMNT board, fresh from wal-marts toy asile.

Tricks or no tricks,
you got to start somewhere, if you got balance then all is good !
but Jea, you have to be patient, cuz some tricks are hard as hell to learn !

CHRONZ
08-10-2006, 02:29 AM
yall remember the first muska's that came out, it had the velcro pocket in back of the tongue to hide your "keys" in (lol - that was the description of the pocket too)

i miss sk8ing.. i miss riding around my area with a few homies, nothin pro but just rolling around, ollying up curbs, tail sliding n 50/50 grinding.. :(
i remember skating to carls jr down the street to get some soda now i'll i do is get in one of my cars and go to the drive-thru

They still make shoes with "stash pockets", and props to the guy that thought about it !

Jea, nothing pro, just chillin around, drinkin some beers & smokin some weed, havin a good time, grindin curbs, findin new fun spots ( manual spots/gaps )
hahahaha, well a car does get you to places quicker !

VernakuLa
08-10-2006, 04:42 AM
u talkin to me sonn

u scured? Naw ur black, fuck all those emo punks thinking that linkin park is heavy metal

noel411
08-10-2006, 07:13 AM
In my old age I've finally pretty much given up skating. I was heavy into since I was about 13, with a few lazy breaks here and there. Fucked thing was in the last year or two I was skating the same shit most days after work, and getting down heaps of new tricks, and it got to the point where I was taking it too serious and not enjoying myself at all, but rather getting pissed off when I couldn't get a trick down. Fuck that. I'm not as quick to get up after I take a heavy slam these days either. I've pretty much decided to put that shit to rest now. Maybe go for the odd roll here and there.

And fuck a brand. It's not what you ride, it's THAT you ride.

And fuck tight trucks too. That shit is for beginners.

JASPER
08-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I used to ride tight trucks and people were noobing me for it, but I showed them. Boy did I show them. Actually, I sucked at skating and I quit after seeing how pointless it is. Trying tricks and 9 of the 10 times failing to land them. I was hanging with the wrong crowd.

B.O.N.E.
08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Thats what skatings about... working at that one trick for hours/days/weeks/months/years and finally landing it.. its the greatest feeling...

Oh yeah and fuck tight trucks, I roll loose as shit, Its so much better for cruising.

Sicka than aidZ
08-10-2006, 03:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/cabdnbredbottom.jpg

That middle one, red, is a steve caballero, my first board.

CHRONZ
08-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Daaamn, !
tight yo, havent seen old school decks for years

Sicka than aidZ
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
yeah, 1986, 20 fuckin years

CHRONZ
08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
the only board ive seen, that could remind of em, is Death Box boards,

noel411
08-10-2006, 05:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/cabdnbredbottom.jpg

That middle one, red, is a steve caballero, my first board.
I've got that deck in silver. One of my most prized possesions. Complete with some big 'ol ventures and fat Bones wheels (as far as I recall). Shit is mad for cruising. I haven't pulled it out in ages. I'll have to do so. Those boards aren't bad for flat ground tricks either. I used to bust fat backside kickies on that thing.

Razorsharp
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I've got that deck in silver. One of my most prized possesions. Complete with some big 'ol ventures and fat Bones wheels (as far as I recall). Shit is mad for cruising. I haven't pulled it out in ages. I'll have to do so. Those boards aren't bad for flat ground tricks either. I used to bust fat backside kickies on that thing.

sup Noel... how is you my friend...

Sicka than aidZ
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM

YEP! MINES IN SIVER TO WITH RED BATS. I STILL GOT IT TOO. SANTACRUZ BULLETS, INDY TRUCKS I THINK, MIGHT BE POWELL. HAD RISERS, ALL THAT WORTHLESS SHIT, RAILS, NOSE GAURD. I REMEMBER WHEN DUDES MADE ME TAKE EM OFF, (I WAS 7 YEARS OLD) MY MOM WAS PISSED CUZ I SHREAD THE GRAPHICS

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM
WF5vL5D-j04

a-npz58FvV8

7itj2RNSblY[/QUOTE]

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
05-07-2011, 04:27 PM
in slo-mo

f2CcTtO_U_k

WTCKILLABEEZontheswarm
05-08-2011, 05:46 PM
"Real" deck, krux-low trucks, kegs bushings, fast new bearings and blank wheels. generic hardware, oh and riser pads, lol

Tecknowledgist
05-08-2011, 06:01 PM
i ride a Girl deck, fuck what you heard, almost every company's boards are just about the same. i don't think i've ever had the same board twice

i skate strictly flatground so my setups last a long fuckin time. nobody on this board could challenge me at a game of skate lol. thats pretty much all i do now

i don't skate very much these days though... it's strange how when i was younger, i couldn't even picture me not skateboarding, i figured i was gonna do it forever. its just not as fun anymore, and when you beef now it fuckin hurts lol

its still a good time though while it lasts, just cruisin down a smooth street, no better feeling in the world

VFWQTjXJsLY

^PJ has gotta be the most consistent skater on earth, besides maybe p-rod

Uncle Steezo
05-08-2011, 06:46 PM
my 1st powell deck
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/vaskateboards/Boards/Powell%20Peralta%20-%20Ray%20Barbee%20-%20Ragdoll2.jpg
barbee...damn.
oYKWli-pOU0

Dr Sleepwalker
05-08-2011, 09:08 PM
birdhouse deck and wheels
krux trucks

freestyle only, don't fuck with vert at all

I'll snap a picture of my mangled ass board and upload

SKAMPOE
05-08-2011, 09:13 PM
i ride a Girl deck, fuck what you heard, almost every company's boards are just about the same. i don't think i've ever had the same board twice

i skate strictly flatground so my setups last a long fuckin time. nobody on this board could challenge me at a game of skate lol. thats pretty much all i do now

i don't skate very much these days though... it's strange how when i was younger, i couldn't even picture me not skateboarding, i figured i was gonna do it forever. its just not as fun anymore, and when you beef now it fuckin hurts lol

its still a good time though while it lasts, just cruisin down a smooth street, no better feeling in the world

VFWQTjXJsLY

^PJ has gotta be the most consistent skater on earth, besides maybe p-rod
i feel the same way with the graff

wutangclan97chamber
05-09-2011, 10:14 PM
i feel the same way with the graff

i feel the same way with skating now and slightly/probably sometime soon graff. as of now, i can picture me stopping graff, probably cause im recently getting into it.

chocolates are good, pop doesnt last that long though. the wood, the glue, and how tightly pressed the layers are changes the board. not all companys are the same. size 8, loose trucks is the shit.